Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Agreed Bill. When I looked at the weather at home I felt pretty darned good about the current 60F we have here.
I did snag breakfast reservations at our much loved Kona Cafe in The Poly. We had a lighter breakfast and enjoyed a press pot of 100% Kona coffee. We sat out on their patio for a bit and retreated inside to the warmth of the lobby to people watch. The shops were doing a brisk business selling sweat shirts to guests who packed only for the temperatures you and I remember Bill.
I ran Subie through the wash on the way ”home”.
Enjoy the rest of you day folks.
Still lookin’ for Karen.
San Antonio Spurs Hello GIF by NBA

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. This morning Bruce gave me a list of dentists so I looked them up and the first group he had was just what he would like, they do all things there so I called and got him an appt for tomorrow morning, could have gotten for today but he was working. I will go with him tomorrow in case they actually do something and I can drive him home. Of course with our insurance we have to pay the cost and they will give me a paper to send in for possible reimbursement. Last year no reimbursement maybe this year we will get at least some.

Tonight was the first for Race Hub for NASCAR so of course I had to watch. This coming weekend is the Busch Clash and then 2 weeks later is the real start with the Daytona 500.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Tuesday morning Bunnies!

Bill; You hit on one of my major pet-peeves, PACKAGING. Hard plastic packages that take a utility-knife,screw driver or pliers to open. Hoping that you don't damage the item inside in the process. And that super thick plastic wrap isn't a whole lot better. Sometimes you can destroy a candy bar just trying to get the wrapper off. And just opening a pack of toilet paper sometimes needs scissors because your finger won't poke through it.

The "Master" is rooting for Kansas City in the Super Bowl. Any of you Bunnies willing to take him on with 5 or 10 M&Ms???

Very tired and going back to bed.

A’Burg Guy

I think that I have seen package openers on Amazon. They can, as I recall, open all kinds of packaging “solutions” as the marketing guru’s likely call them. Hmmm. I wonder how they are packaged?
I’m kinda leaning towards The Chiefs too Dave.
A very damp 43F to start the morning. Lots of fog which, with the Spanish Moss hanging from the trees, looks really neat.
Lisa and Razzie made it safely arriving around 6:00 p.m. Not sour what’s on tap for today.
Anyway, you all have a good, safe day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Tuesday.
Tuesday Morning Love GIF by Chippy the Dog

32F Snowing big huge flakes and no wind. Coming straight down.
BILL: Bummer about your plastic pkg opening issues. The worse is when you CUT your finger on a sharp edge. Ouch!

Lee: Your breakfast sounds yummy. Glad Lisa made it safely. I think it’s nice that Ava gets ‘company’ with each visitor so far! :clap002:

I over-did my exercises on Sunday night. Right side was tight and I figured I needed to push myself more. Well, I was wrong. Thank goodness I had the Surgeons appt scheduled for yesterday. I could barely get in and out of the car! Ouch lifting leg!
Doc took xrays and all was good with new knee. I have Sciatica. Pinched nerve. I had a choice of letting it work it’s way to healing on it’s own (4-5 weeks) or taking a
pill pack/series of Steroids. Duh!!
Rest-Ice-Compression-Elevate. ===. R.I.C.E theroy!

I can actually feel progress this morning!

Gotta go ice now. Be back later.

Snow video. It’s slowing down already.
Enjoy your day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. We are ready to go to the dentist, appt is at 10:45 so we don't have to leave yet.

The heat was on when I got up this morning and I think it came on at least once during the night. I have it set at 68 so it is not on too often. And of course we can and we do put at least 2 blankets on for sleeping and last night I actually used 3 blankets, none of which are very thick/heavy.

I am having pain on the bottom of my right foot so yesterday I ordered some shoe pads and some metatarsal pads and a couple are coming in today, I hope at least one works. I wear the Kizik's when I go out and it is very painful so I am always so glad when I get home and can take them off.

All have a great day.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
I'm going to the pain managment dr. later today. I only have slight paiin in the morning then not too bad later in the day. I will use an enso, ( vibating pad that helps a lot when it gets uncomfortable. I hope those of you are having pain feel much better later today.
I use an electric blanket and a blanket, I like it warm.
Have a good day

A’Burg Guy

So Bill, I already owe you two M&M‘s from The Pats / Bills series. Are you up for a three M&M wager on The Super Bowl? As I understand it, you like San Fran and I’ll take Kansas City. Ya in?

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Morning Wabbits!

Those vibrating pads can do wonders, Mike. As for an electric blanket, I have something similar. But it's a heating sheet that goes on the mattress just under the bottom sheet. Separate controls for my side of the bed and Kathi's side. For all the years we've had it, I don't think she's ever turned on the heat on her side.

No snow or rain for us yesterday, K2. But there is a 50/50 chance of some snow showers this morning. That sciatica, (pinched nerve) can drive you nuts. Sometimes you just can't twist or turn to get the pressure off the nerve. Sometimes it can be tough trying to find the sweet-spot between not enough exercise and a bit too much.

A slick looking package-opener, Lee. Figures that it comes in a thick plastic package.

No takers on a 5 or 10 M&M wager with the "Master"? How's about you KC?

FINALLY this morning I'll be seeing the eye doctor to begin the workup for cataract surgery. I am so tired of seeing the world in a haze.

A’Burg Guy

I am so tired of seeing the world in a haze.
Just like being back in the late 60’s and early 70’s, eh Dave?
That cutter was a picture I found on the Amazon site. Yep, they sell ‘em.
I tweaked my back and sciatic nerve when I was a letter carrier. Danged pain wrapped from the back on one side around and down the leg to the toes. I remember having physio and exercises to ease it.
Ava and I had a nice 1.75 km (a tad over a mile) walk this morning. I wanted to get her a little more exercise because we’re minding Razzie while the ladies have a shopping day. That means we wont get out for a walk as often or as far.
Other than that there’s not much new as the 7:00 hour rolls towards us.
Have a fantastic Wednesday. The last Wednesday and last day of January!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. It was 42 at 7 and now it is 64 but windy. No plans for me today.

Last evening Max called, he got his Learners Permit yesterday so now he can actually start to learn how to drive. He told Bruce that when Jennifer gets a new car she will give him the one she has now, have no idea if that is true or wishful thinking on his part.

A few years ago Bruce bought me a hot pad for my coffee and this morning when I was taking the cup off the whole top came up with it, so it is now at his table to see if he can fix it.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
So Bill, I already owe you two M&M‘s from The Pats / Bills series. Are you up for a three M&M wager on The Super Bowl? As I understand it, you like San Fran and I’ll take Kansas City. Ya in?
There's a difference between liking the 49'ers and believing that they will win, Lee and since the Master has already declared his support for the "Chefs":) I hesitate to ignore his football acumen. Please let me think it out before I give you a firm decision.

A’Burg Guy

Where’d you get to today Kathie? Hope everything’s A-OK.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Wrabbits.
Didn't have much to chat about, so I gave you all a break! :wink2: :smilie5:

Lee: We went to Costco just to get out of the house and to fill up my car with gas!
Amazingly we bought "6" items and AGAIN it came to $121.22. UNREAL. But all 6 items will last a long time. Like into 2026 expiration date on one of them. They love to get you the DOUBLE PKG's at Costco. Still cheaper than CVS or Kroger's on the double pkg items.

Taking it easy over here.
I've been watching the TRIAL of the Mother of the Oxford High School Shooting from 2021.
The mother & father are real losers. It came out in court today that she was having an affair with a Firefighter! Cared more about 2 horses they bought than her own kid. The kid was reaching out for help and got none. The mother called him a "Oopsie baby". (Like mistake)
The kid is now in jail for life with no parole.

Sure hope you folks in Florida are getting some WARMER TEMPS down there. Lee it's a good thing you're NOT paying for the heat for that pool. Since it's just evaporating in thin air lately. Hopefully, by next week things will get warmer and you can at least dip your toes into the pool.
Nice to know that Ava has a friend for this week to keep her company. Hope they get along.

If you get PEACOCK on your TV, Art and I watched a movie the other night called:
HOLDOVERS! It wasn't anything deep, but it kept our attention. It got better as it went along. Took up a few hours when there was NOTHING on TV. (that seems to be every night lately)

Dave: I'd bet you, but I want KANSAS to win. We have a lot of Serbian friends in the Kansas area. Our choir actually flew there one year for a 3 Day weekend fun concert. Yup, we're nuts enough to spend thousands from our treasury to fly that far for a good time. Those were the days.

Bill: Couple of more days and you and Rita will be off to Ft Lauderdale to board your next cruise on the Symphony of the Seas. Nice Anniversary present to each other. Hopefully, you'll have enough reading material with you since you've been to most of the ports it's stopping at. Are you getting scooters for this cruise?

MIKE: Hope the pain management appt did you some good. My SCIATICA is easing up a LITTLE. Wish it would go away totally, but it's only been a few days. One day at a time. :rolleyes:

Karen, if you're reading along at all WE ALL MISS YOU, but understand we all need to take care of ourselves at times. Take care lady.

Good Night Baby GIF by Bilbareed
Wrabbits!

Last edited:

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
That's a definite yes on the scooters, K2. I also have a couple of books on my kindle so I won't be lacking for reading material. Not many ports in the Caribbean that we haven't been to by now, so in some of them, at least, we will likely stay on board and enjoy the absence of crowds.
The Holdovers is one of the few movies that I would like to see but so far the local theaters haven't been showing anything that has any appeal for me. I like Paul Giamatti (sp?). I believe his father was Bart Giamatti, who was the Commissioner of Major League Baseball some years back.
Today I saw a woman who was coming out of a local store wearing a bright red T shirt that said "Go Taylor Swift's Boyfriend!".
Gas prices have soared all of a sudden and local stations which were charging $2.89 before we left for our cruise, are now charging $3.19 or higher. Back home though, our favorite station was listing a price of $2.82 as late as yesterday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Negc: I think you mentioned that the TV’s had a LOT of stations on them. If you have a REMOTE CONTROL that has a “little Microphone icon” on it you might just want to press it and when it says “LISTENING“ on the TV Screen just loudly say PEACOCK and you’ll either see it LOAD UP or not. If it does load just look for the box that say HOLDOVERS and hopefully it will be a free movie like it was for us. Let me know if it works!
RED WINGS JUST TIED UP THE SCORE with the Ottawa Senators!

GOOD NIGHT LEE!