Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit

Watched the U.S.Olympic Trials Marathon in Orlando. Amazing crowd support!
The ladies did fantastic. :clap002: :clap002: :clap002:

Perfect temps for the event. Not crazy hot like usual.

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
Going to be in the 50s today, not t hat it makes that much difference, I'm not going out. I don't have my readiing glasses on, this should be an interesting post. :rolleyes: Also no spell check.
Good luck with your Sciatica K2, I have heard it can take a long time to heal. We are doing okay, our younger daughter took Fay grocery shopping, bought me a donut.
Have you had your nap yet nib??
do you watch much of the activities ?
Dave. didn;t your little Martian use to type????
Send some of that warm weather up to Ohio Bill.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
It has truly been a “take a picture, make a postcard” day here in Kissimmee and surrounding areas. Bright blue sky and a tick over 72F.
Lisa and Shiraz left here around 11:00 Kathie. She is staying with our other friends in Zepherhills for a couple of nights before heading to Texas to visit with her brother. Art had a pretty good February day for biking! Oh yes, The Princess 5K. That’s on February 23. No tutu for this “Princess” this year. Lu-Ann and I are doing the Mickey and Minnie thing again.
50F seems pretty nice to me Mike. Whether you are going out or not. Nice too that you don’t have to worry about Fay slipping when she’s out shopping with your daughter.
Any further info on what may have caused Kathi’s son his discomfort Dave? Come on now. What was in your shopping cart?
Best feed Ava.
You all have a good evening.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
HERE’s your BEDTIME STORY for tonight. :emoticon 0115 inlove: Read along or just “skip over it”.

Once upon a time an old guy named Art went biking. First stop after 15 miles of biking w/his bike buddies was McDonalds. He uses his cell phone to check and see if his daughter was going to meet him and the others at Mickey D’s. Before he could ring her she shows up with her hubby! Art’s friend was standing next to him and Art asked him if he could slip the cell phone into the back of his bike jersey to avoid twisting his arm back and the pain it might give him. No big deal. Art confirms with daughter that he will leave McDonalds and meet them at the Coffee Shop soon. Daughter & SIL take off for the coffee shoppe!
I’m at home posting my message to you Wrabbits and by some miracle I have my cell in the same area. It rings and I get up and grab it and see it says EMERGENCY! I usually ignore the silly phone when it rings! Lordy now what!
A female voice asks if I’m Kathie and if I know an Art A.? I’m already thinking the worse. “Yes, he’s my hubby”. She tells me where she is at in Lake Orion and she had found a phone she thinks belongs to him in the street! Whew, so far it was just his phone! I asked if he was around and she said she just saw the phone and picked it up from the middle of the street! (no body) Ha ha.
I asked if she was close to the coffee shop after she told me where she was calling from. I asked her if she could take the phone into the coffee shop and leave it with the owners. Then I looked at the time and knew Art might be inside. I asked her if she saw any bikes in front and she said YES! It was very busy in the village because of a hockey event. I described what Art looked like and the nice lady went inside and saw a man in a Red biking outfit, grey mustache and older and asks him if his name is ART! He looks up and could barely hear her from all the people in the shoppe. Jill was there and took over from that point and started talking to me on Art’s FOUND CELL PHONE! They both thanked the lady, as I did too, and all was good.
Turns out Art’s biking jersey back pocket has a big enough HOLE in it and the phone finally fell out in the street in front of the Coffee Shop!

I’d say that Artie was one lucky guy for all this to unfold the way it did!
I will be sewing up the Jersey back pouch and Art will hopefully use a zipper pocket in the front of his jacket from now on!
Like I said “ he was very lucky that lady saw the phone and took the time to press the emergency area and get the phone back to him !
She was a Jehova Witness that is in a group on that corner most every Saturday weather permitting. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Art did go over and thanked her again when he left the coffee shoppe!

Okay, now get tucked into bed and have a good sleep!
(can you Wrabbits even imagine what TONY & BB would have to say about my long bed time story!) Ha Ha.

I do my best to keep you Wrabbits entertained.
Tired Good Night GIF by Muffin & Nuts

Last edited:

nlb1050

2nd Officer
This afternoon we took the dvd/vcr/sound bar out of the tv stand. It has not been hooked up to the tv for a few years and it is not wifi so no need to keep it. In it's place I have put a few of the smaller Christmas Lego sets and now have more room on the top for bigger Legos.

Well NASCAR decided that the Clash is going to be run tonight because of the really bad rain coming in tomorrow. And the other race will be run after the Clash. It is going to cost them money as today for the heat races it was supposed to be no tickets needed so they are going with that for the race and everyone that had bought tickets for tomorrow will be refunded both the race tickets and cost of prepaid parking for tomorrow. And of course most likely will be paying the entertainment that was planned for tomorrow. So I guess it will be late for me to get to sleep tonight.

Right now they are showing the announcers on the roof of the LA Coliseum and if the direction of the camera is right you can see the Shuttle they have now standing up like it is ready to take off to space. Real neat to see.

Mike, did not take a nap today so I should sleep good tonight whenever I get to bed.

K2 Art was very lucky about his phone.

All have a good night.

A’Burg Guy

Hand Smash GIF by sheepfilms

Can you hear me now? Oh Kathie, what a great ending to your bedtime story. We’ll all sleep better knowing that 1) Art, 2) You and 3) the phone all are OK.
Little Rascals Waiting GIF

Me hoping Karen is A-OK and will be back real soon.
‘Nite folks.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Great bedtime story K2. I slept better last night because of the happy ending. Good lady going to all that effort to return the lost phone.

Yes Mike, the Marvin The Martian picture on my posts used to actively type. But upgrades to these boards took that movement away. Phooey!

Lee; The only thing that magically appeared in our grocery cart yesterday that wasn't on the shopping list was a couple of bags of Skittles, which Kathi likes, when we were in the check-out line. Still no idea what caused Kathi's son that pain.

My mattress is calling me.

A’Burg Guy

I was up at 4:00 a.m. too Dave. My mattress also called me back. I didn’t have any ice cream before I went back though. Then Ava and I hit the streets for our walk at 5:50.
We have a shopping conundrum today. Publix has Magnum Ice Cream Bars on BOGO. Do I need those delicious, velvety real dark chocolate covered ice cream bars? Well, no. BUT they may just prove to be one of those things that the shopping cart fairies toss in when you’re not looking. As Jimmy Buffett used to sing, “Only Time Will Tell”.
And as a segue, it’s time for a coffee.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well the race last night was okay, no real passing and not many cautions so the race was done quick.

It is overcast and the rain is supposed to start about 11.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Sunday GIF by bluesbear

Nice to know some of you slept better after the “bedtime story.”

Sunny here but only 40F. It looks warmer out there with the sunshine.

California about to get hit with some major storms and mudslides possible. Not sure if the PGA GOLF will be able to finish today.

We’re looking forward to watching All Creatures Great & Small tonight. Love that series. (thank goodness for captions so we can understand what they are saying. Heavy accents)

Lee….BUY THE ICE CREAM BARS. They keep making them smaller and smaller. I’d buy 4 boxes and just give up wine for a week and enjoy the ice cream instead! Haha.

Out of here for now.
We have thoughts of getting CHINESE carry-out for our dinner tonight.

Lee: Art just told me that the Underground SALT mines in Goderich’s Harbour is now the LARGEST ONE in the WORLD! KUDO’s to Goderich.

Be safe!

Last edited:

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
we lost our garage door remote. Fay closed the door, we got in the car and the remote was stolen by the fairies. Do people still say back to the salt mines?

Attachments

• saalt mines.PNG
    saalt mines.PNG
    98.9 KB · Views: 0

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
I think the only thing I do well is sleep also without my hearing aids I don't hear a thing so noise doesn't wake me up.
lee, that was 5:50 PM wasn't it????
Another pretty day today.

A’Burg Guy

Geez Mike, you sound like Bill. He doesn’t care to know that there is a 5:50 A.M. either!
If you don’t find your one garage remote please reprogram the other one. If you have a spare that is. If the bad guys find your remote they only need drive around clicking it to open your garage door! There now. Don’t I sound like our Kathie. ;)
My better judgement kicked in Kathie and with this being heart awareness month the Magnum bars stayed safe and sound in the freezer at Publix. My cardiologist would be so proud. All Creatures is a great series. The Salt mine is one of those things that happened “in stead of”. The explorers were looking for oil and instead found “gold” in the form of salt.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
MIKE: You found Dave’s typing Marvin. Too cool!

All Creatures Great & Small was the absolute BEST episode ever!
WOW, I could binge watch that show 24/7!

Good night …

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
At this time next week, we'll know who won the Super Bowl. And whether Taylor Swift is celebrating with her boyfriend, or consoling him.

Spring IS sneaking up on us. I learned on the news last night that we've already gained over one hour of daylight in the last month and a half.

That sucks, losing your garage door remote, Mike. It's probably sitting next to your TV remote under the pillow on your couch. I for one still use the phrase, "Back to the salt mines." How cool that you found the moving Marvin The Martian. Now I'll see if Kathi can get it to stay on my posts.

Lee; An interesting fun-fact about the salt mine in your neck of the woods.

What channel or network is that "All Creatures Great and Small" on, K2? Areas of California sure is getting clobbered by rain and flooding. (Isn't fire, earthquakes and the cost of liver there enough for those people?) One of Kathi's brothers lives just below San Francisco. They are safe but without electric at the moment.

Time for a mini chocolate ice cream cone before me and Fuzzbutt head back to bed.

A’Burg Guy

Not much so far this morning. The weather guessers are calling for rain throughout the day. Oh well, it’s not snow.
Every year we like to see how many different states we see represented by their licence plates or tags as they are called in some places. So far we have all but two. And I bet they’re not the two you would think. We have seen Alaska, twice, and Hawaii. Wyoming and North Dakota have, so far, eluded us. Then there’s the “taglines“. The Sunshine State, First in Flight, The Show Me State, The Aloha State and so on. Then there’s New Hampshire. Live Free or Die. ‘Nuff said.
Have a great day. Whether that be in The Birthplace of Aviation, Pure Michigan or here in The Sunshine State this is Ontario, Yours to Discover signing off for now.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. It is raining right now but very lightly of course it is supposed to rain for at least the next 2 hours then stop then start again.

So with the rain no plans for today, just stay home and stay dry.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Monday GIF by Chippy the Dog
Good Morning Wrabbits! Cloudy right now and 31F Going up to 42F.

By Thursday we will be in RECORD HEAT WAVES at 54F for February. Unreal temps.
A good time for folks that didn't get their X-mas Lights down off the outside of their homes to do it this week! :wink2:

DAVE: The series All Creatures Great and Small is on PBS (Public Broadcasting Station) On our TV it's Channel 6. Not sure what it would be on yours. It's FREE. I must say you need to have Closed Captions on because it's a British accent series and those Brit's sure do talk soft and fast. Ha ha. Great series. If you can ever get to see it from the beginning you could binge all week, all day watching it. Simple easy going series. The series that comes on right after that is good too.

Lee:
Looking for License Plates from other states, etc keeps one busy when driving down to Florida and other vacations. Just make sure to keep your eye on the road too! :emoticon 0105 wink:

Those poor folks in California are really getting hit bad. The MUDSLIDES will start soon when all that water loosens up the dirt up in the mountains. My dear friend Elaine's daughter lives in Santa Barbara a WALK from the Ocean and she said her condo is UP a ways from the flat street road, but she's fortunate enough to be able to work from home and isn't going anywhere. She just bought the condo this past Summer and will see how it holds up.
I sent Nancy McKenna a message and haven't heard back from her yet. Hope Gilroy is doing okay.

MIKE: Look inside of FAY's PURSE for the garage door opener. Did your daughter take FAY to the store?? Perhaps it's in the daughter's car on the floor or under the seat. It's got to be hiding somewhere. Good idea to have one of the kids RE-PROGRAM the remote you still might have. They usually give you 2 of them. GOOD LUCK buddy.

Hope Bill and Rita are enjoying their CRUISE! Wonder how he's doing at the SLOT machines?

PT day for both of us today. This will be the first one for me in over week & half. Let's hope the Tech can loosen up the back of my knee. Feel like I'm starting all over again since this crazy NERVE issue sparked up.
ALWAYS SOMETHING!! Ha ha.

Karen: WE "REALLY" miss you!

Have a good day and be safe in whatever it is you're doing.

LEE: Do you miss those Ice Cream Bars YET?? (you did the right thing by the way)