Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

billg3540

Security Guard
Dave, I second Lee's advice. Keep doing what you have been doing.
Saw the dermatologist yesterday and only got zapped a few times.

After yesterday's beautiful day with lots of sun and temperatures in the mid to high 70's today dawned gray, rainy and 60 degree temperatures. It was difficult to find a reason to get out of bed this morning so we slept in much later than normal. Weather for the rest of the week looks equally dismal, including Saturday when our grandson, Brandon graduates from Bridgewater State University. The ceremony will be held in Gillette Stadium and we hope that the weather won't cause us to stay home and watch it on our laptop.
Cribbage tourney began last night but we currently have only 5 teams and are looking for one more so that everyone gets to play each week. Rita and I are off to a decent start having won three of the five games.
Bruins are playing tonight and the Celtics got off to a great start by beating the Cavs by double digits.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
The weather is sideways here as well Bill. A picture postcard day today but tomorrow is forecast to be 20 degrees colder and wet. Hopefully the weather doesn’t muck with Brandon’s graduation.
I cannot believe the tornado destruction in MI Kathie. It does sound like although there was a great deal of property damage there were no serious injuries.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Mark Zuckerberg Instagram GIF by JSain123

DAVE: You never need to think you're complaining. We learn from each others ills! Keep up what you've been doing and NEVER GIVE UP. Ask the doctor if there was a warranty on that donor vein.

Lee: We did okay in our area. Just a LOT OF RAIN and the creek giving Art's garden a HUGE SOAKING. Kalamazoo got hit hard. St Clair Shores not far from here got hit too. Lots of trees down from the HIGH WINDS. We just got LOTS of RAIN.

We managed to get the new HOSE REEL up. Looks just like the picture. Tomorrow Art will wind on the hose. Of course, after he makes sure it isn't leaking from where it hooks up. Hate to roll 125ft of hose on the thing and find out it leaks. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

My back is aching right now. I put some of that CBD/THC cream on it and will see if it helps. Just was on my feet too long today!

Listened to a few innings of the Tigers game in the car as I drove it out of the garage to give us more room to read the instructions and gather needed supplies for the hose reel job.

They ended up losing! Bummer.

Bill/Rita: Keep up the good work on Cribbage Winning! :clap002:

Karen: Did you suggest renting or finding someone that owns a Tiller for those roots at church. I think you have Wednesday church??? Not sure .

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Care for some peanut butter on your hot dog?

I was talking with a fella yesterday and we got around to our experiences mowing grass for other people. When he was a very young lad a very old neighbor moved in next door, and he mowed her grass every week. She paid him $5 each time AND gave him a hot dog with peanut butter on top. She mentioned how much he liked hot dogs and peanut butter sandwiches, so she combined the two.

He complained to his Dad that he HATED those hot dogs with peanut butter. But his Dad told him to be polite to the old lady, eat those horrible hot dogs, and thank her. So he did. EVER DAMN WEEK.

They sound horrible, but I told Kathi that the next time I make a hot dog I'm going to put some peanut butter on top. She said that she will NOT join me in this taste test. (She must be a picky eater. :) )

Yikes Lee! $1600 for Lu-Ann's crown!!! Bet your dentist doesn't drive a Pinto or Vega. Your weather forecast for today is exactly like ours, cooler and wet.

Bill; This Gillette Stadium you mentioned.....Is that owned by the razor blade company/family? Yes, I'm taking you and Lee and K2's advice to continue exercising my legs and taking my meds.

Speaking of which, in a bit I'm off to the basement to get on my bicycle that never goes anywhere.

K2; I really liked the picture of that metal hose reel, so I'm happy to hear that it looks good on your house. That's a lot of hose, 125 feet. Hope that CBD/THC cream worked on your back. An aching back can ruin your whole day.

Have a good day Bunnies and keep looking for those rainbows which are everywhere.

A’Burg Guy

I rarely recall seeing the morning sky looking like a sea of bright red waves. I know that means, likely, a wet day ahead but it was a magnificent way to start the day!
I feel silly asking Kathie but did all of the hose connections fit tight? Did the CBD cream ease some of the stiffness?
Peanut butter on a hot dog Dave? Well, I guess you shouldn’t knock it until you try it. It did get me thinking about all of the things I’ve tried or enjoy peanut butter on. I want to say “Thank You” for the last line of your note this morning. It not only made me smile but gave me something to think about.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atY7ymXAcRQ

”Karen, please report to the office”.
Hope we can get our walk in this morning before the rains arrive.
Enjoy your day!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Bruce has an appt at the heart Dr this morning and I will go with him. He only needs one Rx refilled and that is for Nitro which he fortunately does not need to take very often, he actually has 4 of the small bottles but i feel it is better to have them available if needed. Heart Dr is the only one I go with him. And the only time he goes with me is when I have the hand surgery.

I decided that dinner tonight will be salad. Yesterday I grilled a couple of steaks and we only ate one so I will use the other in the salad.

All have a great day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Quick check in, we are going out to Wendy's this morning for an early Mother's Day.

I don't think using a tiller in the flower beds would be a good idea, they are close to the church building & have sprinkler lines in them along with who knows what else. Cutting a water line or electric line would not be a good way to impress Rev. Lisa. I'll talk with the rest of the ground crew on Sat. but most likely the only fix would be rake out as much of the compacted mulch as possible, add new soil and go from there. A winter project for sure!!

Dave, bummer about the report from the Dr., like the others said if you weren't doing all the right things you are doing it probably would have been much worse. But we all have our times of grumbling, so never feel like you can't take a turn too!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Late GOOD MORNING WRABBITS.

Dave: You have to GO-IT- ALONE on that Hot Dog with Peanut Butter on it. My stomach did a flip just reading about it. If I took a first bite of that hot dog my MIND would be hoping for MUSTARD on it and when my MIND clicked in that it was PEANUT BUTTER it would most likely send a signal to my STOMACH to PROTEST BIG TIME! :emoticon 0119 puke:

Lee: Hose Connection gets tested today after Art comes home from biking. Ran out of time and energy yesterday. We actually strung out the long hose to make sure to get any kinks out of it from being WOUND UP TIGHT IN THE ATTIC ALL WINTER. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme: I'll take a picture of the gizmo attached to the outside brick and post later. It's a brown bronze color that looks good with the brick color. It's all STEEL or CAST ALUM, I just know it's heavy and not plastic the SunCast brand we have bought in the past that snap after awhile.
CBD/THD 1,000 each in a Sauve eased the ACHE. Never totally makes it disappear, but gives really good relief to ME. Might not work worth a darn on others!

Karen:
Good point about digging up the Churches "sprinkler system" etc, etc with the TILLER! :eek: I'd get the YOUTH GROUP out there and make them use a hand CLAW tool and go at those roots. I wish I could should you what Art digs up around 2 feet deep every year from our small garden. Just amazing how that Maple tree roots spread out these hairy like roots everywhere.

1715268765408.jpeg

We're going over to Jill's for Mother's Day on Sunday for her famous HOMEMADE INDIVIDUAL PIZZA's. ( we all add the toppings on ourselves)
And on MONDAY,
ASHLEY's 25th BIRTHDAY, we're going to an Italian Restaurant that is co-owned by one of Art's Biking buddies in the club. He and his partner re-built what use to be a Serbian owned neighborhood restaurant and UP-DATED the entire inside and outside. Food is beyond good. It was the Birthday Girls request to go there on her B-Day. One of the few good restaurants that is open on a MONDAY!

CHECK our their story:
I feel so much better today than the last 3-4 days.
THANK GOD. I swear I was going off the deep end with this "BITE" (crown) issue. It must have decided that acting up like a fool wasn't in it's best interest. The Devil didn't win this battle. :emoticon 0130 devil:

It's CHILLY here today, but SUNNY. 60F. Still TOO early to put my tomato plants in the ground. They're loving the warm sun in the corner of the covered front porch for now.

Later guys. Enjoy your day.

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
CHECK our their story:
The NAME of the restaurant translated: Literally translated, "MangiaBevi means EAT and DRINK.

Make sure to click on the "Gallery" area and see the inside and food pictures. YUM. Our dear BB (Pat) would love this place. It was only 15 mins from our current house and when we lived in Sterling Heights it was about 8 blocks away. Back then it was run by Serbians and had the church crowd there almost every Sunday after church services. It was called Jovan's back then. Serbian for JOHN.

Last edited:

billg3540

Security Guard
Dave, I think that all that the Gillette owns is naming rights for the stadium where the New England Patriots play and Robert Kraft or the Kraft company actually owns the stadium. This naming craze has, IMHO, gotten well out of hand and includes not only the venues where sports teams play, but also the most revered sporting events. We used to have a terrific outdoor concert spot called Great Woods, but once this "naming" idea became popular it has had a number of name changes and is currently the Xfinity Center. Even our revered Boston Garden is now the TD Bank Garden. Fortunately Fenway Park has, so far, avoided this trend.

I finally got a date and time for the stress test that I need to have before my July surgery but getting that was almost as stressful as the actual test will be. It took several phone calls, a number of minutes listening to the irritating music and messages that my "call is important to them" and being forwarded to different departments before I finally found someone who could provide the information and so I am schedule led to have the test done
tomorrow at 12:30pm.

Bruins didn't come through with a victory last night so they return to Boston tied with the Panthers at one game apiece. Hopefully the Celtics will do better in their next meeting with the Cavaliers.

We had a lot of rain and several claps of thunder yesterday but saw no lightning. Today is much sunnier but still a chilly 62 degrees. Keeping our fingers crossed for good weather for Brandon's graduation ceremony on Saturday.

New refrigerator is due to be delivered tomorrow. Will spend some time today removing all the refrigerator magnets that reflect all our travels.

Mike Elias

Massage Therapist
We had tornado, heavy rain,, ] high winds and I don't know what else. We did get some tornados here in Butler County but very little damage.
I hope your stress test went well Bill. Did you have to pedal the bike???
Glad you are feeling better K2. I have an 100 foot hose that Fay cut at an end with a trimmer. I keep forgetting to get a replacement end to repair the hose. I don't know how many hoses I have repaired over the years.
Lee, how does that saying go, red skies in the morning, sailor take warning?????something about delight.
I think you are going to do that peanut hot dog solo Dave, let us know how it went
down.
Dave, sorry about the test results. You are doing everything right and that is all on can do. As Lee said, hopefully the DR/ can come up with something.
Karen, Fay has been pulling out the weeds that are growing aroung our hibiscus. That is a slow tedious job. We used to do that knock out roses but the thorns got too bad.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Have you noticed how uncomfortable the Buffoon is at his current trial? It makes me so happy. Plus things are reported about him that makes him look dumb. Like falling asleep in the court, and reporting that he farts a lot.

But my favorite of the week was a comment made by his former personal lawyer that was read into the court record by one of the Buffoon's lawyers.

We all know how the Orange-Man likes to give nasty nicknames to people. Well, his former private attorney made public that the jerk occasionally has incontinence problems and sometimes wears an adult diaper. And gave the Buffoon a nickname...........
"Von ShitzInPants,".

Colbert, Kimmel, and cartoonists had a heyday with that.

I giggle every time I think of Von Shitzinpants.

Heck, just yesterday IN COURT the Buffoon was referred to as "The Orange Turd". What a circus!

GREAT song Lee by Lesley Gore. It's been a long time since I heard that tune.

Good choice KC on choosing not use a tiller up by the church, not knowing what was buried in the dirt, or how deep it is.

K2; Happy to hear that the cream made your back feel better. Cool looking restaurant.

So tell us Bill how fancy your new frig is. And color.

No sense of adventure for you either Mike, on a peanut butter hot dog?

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
Remember when Fridays had us all excited because they were the gateway to the weekend.
”Pink skies in morning sailors take warning. Pink skies at night is a sailor’s delight”. There ya go Mike. Pulled that out of my “way back machine”.
Not much on my mind this morning. Jim’s getting his basement washroom stuff delivered. We guys will shuttle that to the basement. Then his electrician and plumber will start and finally we’ll be able to get to work on finishing their basement.
Have a really good day everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Mid-Morning Wrabbits!

Bill: All the best with your STRESS TEST at 12:30. WOW........you sure were able to get the Test Appointment Date set up faster than the wait on the phone. Ha Ha.
I sometimes drive over to my Cardiologist Office to make the appointment. It's only 2 traffic lights away. Easier on my HEART than listening to those crazy recordings while you wait for a person to answer the call.
Have fun taking down all those magnets off the refrig. You should take a picture of it before you start for old times sake. Changing out refrigs is a big job. Are the delivery guys bringing the NEW Refrig into the house and taking the old one out? Around here you can get $50 bucks from the Electric Company for picking up a old refrigerator. They do that because they want people to update the old ones and get them off the GRID. They take up too much power. We did it years ago. There wasn't a thing wrong with our 40 yr old + refrigerator in the basement, but it was HUGE and too heavy for us to take up and out. We wanted to make sure it was out of there in case it ever actually broke down. The one stipulation from the electric company was it had to still be working. I guess they didn't want to be dragging up refrigerators that WEREN'T ON THE GRID TO BEGIN WITH. That makes sense. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Mike: Glad you didn't get any damage around your home and area. Tell Fay to take it easy with the weed pulling. Not a easy job at all.

Lee: Nice to know the OGC will be back to work again. You guys should have a rule that basement jobs are only done in the WINTER MONTHS. You all have enough to do this time of the year just keeping up with cutting grass and outside projects around the house. Ha Ha.

Lee: Good try baiting us with the "PINK SKIES"! Ha Ha. I'm sure you know it's goes like this:

Red sky at night, sailors delight.

When we see a red sky at night, this means that the setting sun is sending its light through a high concentration of dust particles. This usually indicates high pressure and stable air coming in from the west. Basically good weather will follow.

Sunrise over the Everglades. Richard Frear, photographer, National Park Service. NOAA Photo Library

Red sky in morning, sailor’s warning.

A red sunrise can mean that a high pressure system (good weather) has already passed, thus indicating that a storm system (low pressure) may be moving to the east. A morning sky that is a deep, fiery red can indicate that there is high water content in the atmosphere. So, rain could be on its way.

Having LIVED with a former Sailor for all these decades I hear this all the time from Art and I even find myself saying it when I see a RED SKY! Ha Ha.

Hose-Reel is up and running and so far NO LEAKS at the connections. Lets hope it stays that way. I'll TRY and remember to get a picture now that it's hanging on the brick wall.

I made a Cheesecake late yesterday evening for the Mother's Day get-together. Tried a new recipe and just hoping it tastes good. Just need to spread the can of Cherry Pie Filling over the top. I would rather have a CREAM CHEESE Topping, but the VOTE came in for Cherry stuff. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Enjoy your day folks. Chilly here today, but Sunny and that helps. 58F now.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. It is a quiet day here. It is HOT and sunny. Yesterday and today our weather station has record a temp of at least 93, maybe not for too long but then it goes to 91/92 and stays there for at least a couple of hours.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Correction in my above post:

It should say
: I WOULD RATHER HAVE SOUR CREAM TOPPING ON MY CHEESECAKE. Ha Ha. Like you guys really give a Hoot! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well for about an hour today we got to 98, it did not last too long but sure took it time cooling down, of course right not it is 84. So I would have to say it is going to be a very hot summer.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Breaking News Atentie GIF by Aleph News

Yup, it ‘s 11:25 Friday and I have photos of the NORTHERN LIGHTS taken from our deck with just the cell phone.
I haven’t seen these in at least 25 yrs. It’s always cloudy. Wish I knew how to adjust the camera on this phone to see them better. Lots being posted on Facebook from friends in other states.
:D

IMG_0542.jpegIMG_0540.jpeg

And the new HOSE-REEL! Haha. It move really nice just pull up the PIN and move which way you want to pull hose! IMG_0537.jpegIMG_0536.jpeg

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Lucky you K2, seeing the northern-lights. We didn't, or we slept through the chance. Anybody else see them?

I feel so tempted to go party crashing, but we won't.

We got an invitation to a wedding and reception in the mail yesterday. I must say that it's the fanciest invitation I've ever seen. And the wedding and reception sounds all fancy-shmansy. All formal.

Only one problem; We've never heard of the bride and groom or either one of their parents. And it's in West Virginia. And we don't know anybody in West Virginia. So we are just pitching the invite. (So much for that free meal and free booze. :) )

Something tells me that they know someone with my name, but they didn't have his address. So they Googled it, and up popped my address.

Any hidden doors going to be in your friends finished basement, Lee?

That's a great idea K2 of just showing up at a doctors office to make an appointment, rather spending tons of time on phone on hold. Or get that message that they are busy, so leave a message and they'll call you back later. I dare you to buy a frig today that will still be running in 40 years. I appreciate the pictures you posted. That hose reel sure isn't going anywhere.

Not much on our grocery list this week, but we're still going this morning. Kathi has more of a need just to get out of the house than I do.