Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
It is pouring here this morning. And lightening with the odd rumble of thunder. i feel bad for vendors at farmers markets who usually are trying to set up about now. So, no, we didn’t go for our early walk.
No northern lights here up to about 10:00 pm. It was getting overcast though.
Problem with your suggestion for The OGC’s work schedule Kathie is that 3 of the gang are in Florida for the winter. I like the look of that hose reel! If I’m going to have topping on my cheesecake I prefer cherries or blueberries.
SKIP THIS STORY IF YOU WISH…
Which brings us to the shower stall debacle. First the plumbing company sent the wrong one. We looked before the driver left, called the office and they said he’d bring it back, turn around and bring the right unit. Now, before that call was made Dave and I asked if the huge one piece unit would even make it into the basement. Jim (homeowner) said he had asked Doug and was assured it would. Now, Jim is not very handy, Dave and I are thinkers, planners and measure twice. Doug thinks he always has the right way to do things and can make stuff work. It does make for an interesting dynamic between the four of us but together we keep each other grounded. Long story short…the shower stall would never have made the turns and is in the entry hall waiting to be moved back outside to be picked up.

AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED POST…
No, no hidden doors on this project Dave. You mentioned a “free meal and booze” at the mystery wedding. Do you know how much the lucky couple were likely expecting as a cash wedding gift?
I knew this tune was out there somewhere…
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXvDo8Mm6X4&list=PLQik9oYxu0UuZPeNrrw4yfMl8m73vZpcQ&index=28

I hope the stress test went well for you Bill.
”Call before you dig”. We have a free locate service that comes out and marks all underground utilities on property before people do anything that may see them go deeper than a couple of inches Karen.
Have a super day folks.
Now, “Coffee me“.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
northern lights dreaming GIF
This isn't my picture, but it's what I'd love to see!
I saw how far and wide the "Lights" were able to be seen on the a clip from the Weather Channel. You folks down in Florida didn't have a chance at all. I guess that's why they call them NORTHER LIGHTS! DUH!
I also read that as pretty as these lights are they can cause all kinds of havoc with Electrical Grids and even the Space Station.

Lee: When I got up I did see it must have rained sometime during the night, but it was gone and MR Artie went biking.
BUT.....any minute it SURE LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO POUR out there. Wind has picked up and sky is getting darker. Sure hope the BIKERS made it to their Coffee Break Place and stay there. They're going to have a LONG - WET - RIDE home!

Raining Paralympic Games GIF by International Paralympic Committee

Bummer about the Shower Stall having to go back. Funny how some folks just don't think that TALL SQUARE BOXES just don't BEND around corners and ceilings when going DOWN STAIRS!
Good luck figuring out how the next LOAD will make it downstairs! :eek:
And I forgot that most of you and your friends do go down SOUTH during the WINTER months, so building then is at a minimum! Keep us informed as to what happens in this continuing saga of
"AS THE SHOWER MOVES IN"!

All you Christians will be happy to know that I finally took the time to get a hold of the insurance company regarding the "LOSS CLAIM" on my Wedding Ring. Yes, I did deposit the Claim check awhile back. Yesterday I went and got a Cashier's Check and then went to the Post Office and had them send it to the address the nice lady gave me over the phone. I paid extra for REGISTERED RETURN SIGNATURE. I want to make sure somebody signs for the envelope.
My advice to Women is NEVER HIDE YOUR VALUEABLE JEWLERY unless you write a NOTE as to where you hid the jewelry and then place that note in a Mason Jar in your kitchen cupboard! You could seal the note in leakproof plastic and fill the jar with deep colored RED Water to make it look like BEET JUICE! I don't think any Home Robbers would ever think to look in a Mason Jar. Ha Ha. Okay, I'm getting carried away. Just don't leave the "GOLD/SILVER" under the mattress! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: :emoticon 0115 inlove:

Choir rehearsal went well last night.

I'm off to make a "JIFF PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH" AFTER WATCHING THAT VIDEO! Thanks LEE. We love JIFF - SMOOTH PB! HA HA.
Then I need to do some cleaning in this HOUSE!
ALWAYS SOMETHING! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

YOU ALL HAVE A SAFE and FUN WEEKEND.

KAREN jump in that Club Pool and cool off.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Well we will celebrate our 50th anniversary in Jan. 2025. So to celebrate we are going to the Mexican Riviera on Jan 19 to Jan 30, on Princess Cruise Line. It sails from San Francisco and returns same. We go to 4 ports in Mexico, Manzanillo, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán and Cabo San Lucas. We will fly to San Francisco on the 18th and fly home on the 30th. both from/to Tampa. Only thing left for me to book is the hotel for the night in San Francisco. It has been since 2006 for us to be on Princess. Yet when I was on the site all the important info came up. And I found we need to renew our passports.

I have canceled the cruise I had set for Oct 2025.

K2, love the photos. And at least you can see the lights and of course being in FL I can't. Also where did you get the hose reel and what kind is it? I really like it. Wish we had some of your rain.

Today is another hot day. Watching the Xfinity race.

All have a great day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening.

Well I think I have everything we need booked for Jan. cruise, flights, travel from airport to hotel. travel from port to airport. The hotel is very close to the port and extremely close to Pier 39 so there are a bunch of restaurants near by for us for dinner the night we arrive and I am making a list of the ones we would be interested in. Also since I do have problems with walking I have rented a rollator for the cruise. I think that the next thing is to book excursions and I will book via the cruise.

All have a good night.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
kathy, nice looking hose reel, it looks llike it is us there to stay. Did Art use a hammer drill or would that have cracked the brick. I was going to bed about eleven then thought I should check for the lights, than changed my mind. Wouldnt you know it, it was visible in Butler Co. Thanks for posting the pictures. Thanks for the red sky.
Lee, it sounds like you had a keystone cops episode with the shower stall, another reason I'm glad I'm not handy and just hire it done. Thanks for the peanutbutter song. I enjoyed the melody. Thanks for the info on the sky color. I could not remember it but I did do a double take on the pink sky.
Bill, it will always be Fenway Park to me. I have a picture of me standing in front of Ted Williams statue and Fenway. Had to get it. I hope the stress test went went.
Dave, I would have loved to seen Frump"s face the first time he heard Von ShitzInPants,". I
wonder how he did with his temper on that.
Our 1rst cousin once removed came here yesterday. It has been a long time since we saw her.
She brought a CD of her wedding that was about 40 years ago. I even saw Fay and I in it.
Later that day Michael came over and did a few jobs for us and took us to a steak house today, enjoyed the steak along with Michael. He did a few small jobs for me that I can no longer do plus the camera on the cell phone.
Fay and I are going to keep an eye on the sky tonight. getting dark, going to check on the sky
Have a good Sunday

w

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Mothers Day GIF by Debbie Ridpath Ohi
To all the Mom's that have "Kids" and all the Mom's that have their 4-Legged Kids!
ENJOY YOUR DAY LADIES!
Mothers Day Cat GIF by Product Hunt
For Karen!
Happy Mothers Day GIF by Save Soil
This is for Lu-Ann.

Hose is from Amazon: Liberty Garden, #710 Navigator Rotating Garden Hose Reel.

Mike: Art used a POWER Drill with a Cement Bit on it. He still needs to fill in the hole from the former Hose Reel we had on the wall. How fun for all of you to see the 1st Cousins wedding pictures. Did you recognize yourselves? Ha Ha.

Facebook was BUSTING OVER with pictures from the Northern Lights last night. Friends from all over the USA were posting their pictures.
I'm going to go out on the deck right now........BRRRR..... and check to see if the clouds went away and if I can see them again.

You all have a great Mother's Day.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
ALL of you ladies, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
(It's definitely NOT an easy job whether your kids have 2 or 4 feet.)

Still no luck in seeing the Northern Lights, last night. Probably slept through our chance once again, plus some cloud cover this time.

Enjoyed your peanut butter song, Lee. Can't remember that one. At the grocery store yesterday I happened to notice what seemed to be a half gallon container of Jiff peanut butter.

Yes K2, it was smooth. Time to stock up. :)

Mike; You brought up the Buffoon's temper. I'd bet that almost anything sets it off if something gets in his way to having his way, and anybody that disagrees with him. He's always been a spoiled child who's never held accountable for his actions. He's gonna have a tantrum.

Back to grocery shopping; What caught my attention yesterday was an entire side of an isle, all the way from the front to the back of the store that was only pastas, and containers of sauces for them. We've been going to that store for years and I never noticed that there was that much space allotted to those 2 items.

A’Burg Guy

Mothers Day Flowers GIF by OllieTorres

To all of the Moms, Grandmoms, Great Grandmoms, Pet Moms a VERY Happy Mother’s Day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOTHER'S WHETHER HUMAN OR ANIMAL.

I never got to sleep last night, so today will be a long day. So I got up before 3 and worked on the Jan cruise. I changed our flights. An earlier time going to San Francisco and a later coming home. I did have to pay a bit more for the flights coming home. And I completed more info for Princess and ordered the Medallions for us and ordered wrist bands to put them in, which we will get when we check in at the port.

We are going to a new to us restaurant in Stuart for dinner tonight. I made a reservation for 6:30

Everyone have a Great Day.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
HAPPY MOTHER,S DAY
We had a nice time with Michael last night, he drove us home then stayed for a while. He lives about an hour from us.
. We stayed up until 10:30 last night and did not see anything, it was cloudy.
This AM Fay said our reisident possums came out, after a while the Mother came back tnen looked all around but could not seee one of the babies, then she took off running. I hope she found it.
Pattie, our oldest will be coming over some time today, always nice to see her. Now that she is retired she will be busy all the time.
It is 71 degrees now, going to get to 80 and sunny. My type of weather, Have a good Sunday.

A’Burg Guy

It sounds like a good couple of days with family Mike. The Keystone Kops got nothin’ on us. o_O
So, as bed time approaches, the question begs to be asked…did you kick back and relax today Karen?
Jif and Kraft are about the only two peanut butters we have here Dave. Unless you count the “craft peanut butters” with all of their funky flavours.
Are you making big plans, other than dinner, for Ashley as she gets ready to join the quarter century club tomorrow Kathie?
And with that, I bid you all a very good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good morning Bunnies!

And welcome to a new week. I wonder what happens or is in the news that will be most remembered next week at this time.

All I hope for is that it's not another mass shooting.

Excellent weather here yesterday for all the Moms on Mother's Day.

Not much to gab about this morning.

At the moment, all the plastic 2 wheeled soldiers are standing at attention at the end of people's driveways, awaiting pick-up.

And.......I'm outta here.

A’Burg Guy

It was a beautiful day here yesterday as well. I got both the front and back lawns cut. Then we sat out for a bit with, if you can imagine, a glass of wine.
It’s supposed to be hot, humid and wet later today. As long as it holds off until I get the hot dogs grilled for games day. I do the Costco hot dogs and cut them in three. That makes them easy for people to eat along with all of the stuff the rest of the gang brings. Sometimes the ladies prefer 1 or 2 pieces and the guys 4 or more. It all works out I suppose.
Anyway, everyone have a great Monday and we’ll check in on you later on.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy MoanDay Wrabits.

Went to church and it was rather SPARCE this week. All the 2-Time a Year folks didn't show up! I think every church has a group like that, they come for Christmas and Easter and figures that's enough for them! Ha Ha. I did throw in a few extra prayers for ALL OF US!

We had a fantastic time at kids house making our own pizza's. Jill and Ashley have it down to a science on how to get 6 pizza doughs rolled out and on trays and then we all put our own toppings on them. Ashley rolls the dough out, Jill puts on the sauce and cheese and the rest of take our tray and put on the chopped up EXTRAS! We get to choose from: Mushrooms, green or red pepper, black olives, onions, pineapple, ham, and pepperoni. IT WAS GREAT.

The kids got me the lights you put around a patio and a remote controller so you can flick them on and off from in the house. So much easier when someone else does the hard work of "picking out" lights like that. Got flowers and a box full of those dishcloths that are made from compressed paper. (I absolutely love them. They actually last forever) I made Jill take a few for herself from the box, because it'll take so long to wear them out. It was a FUN DAY!

DAVE: A 1/2 gallon of Jill Peanut butter on the shelf.... WOW. That must be for the person that would leave it OUT ON THE COUNTER ALL THE TIME. Lifting the big Costco Jill container is heavy enough for me.

Lee: Got to talk to Donna in the Church Library yesterday. She mentioned she was happy to see you both and chat with Lu-Ann. That gal has her issues and just keeps on going. So proud of her for all she and Mike do for PD.
I like our idea of cutting up the hot dogs for bite size pieces. Over here the sun is coming up nicely and drying off any rain we got late last night or earlier this morning. HOPE YOU HAVE A FUN DAY WITH YOUR GAMES and LUNCH! YUM.
I wanted to tell you that after church I stopped at Partridge Creek Mall and it was JUMPING and crowded with lots of dogs being walked around with their owners. The place was like it used to be when it first opened. I noticed all the shops were occupied and not closed up like the last time I was there. The restaurants had folks waiting outside to get a table. (Mother's Day crowd) Another reason we don't eat out on Mother's Day.... long lines even with reservations. All the dogs seemed to be well behaved on their leashes. Finding Parking was a pain.

Karen: Your post was the best ever........YOU JUST KICKING BACK AND RESTING! SO, did it actually happen?
Resting Mental Health GIF by INTO ACTION
Ha Ha.

Mike:
SOUNDS LIKE YOU AND FAY HAD A REALLY NICE TIME WITH YOUR SON AND DAUGHTER. I WENT OUT LATE SUNDAY NIGHT TO TRY AND SEE THE NORTHER LIGHTS AGAIN, BUT DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING. I'M JUST HAPPY I GOT TO SEE THEM THE ONE DAY. ENJOY YOUR NICE TEMPS WHILE THEY LAST.

I have a busy day today. Need to wrap up Ashley's gifts.

Need to go over to the EYE DOCTORS office that is about 1 mile from here and get papers to sign so they will transfer our RECORDS to another Ophthalmologist's office. Jill gave us a heads up that the practice we have all been going to for decades is getting ready to close. She has already changed Dr's and both Art and I were looking for a new place ever since the ORIGINAL 2 doctors at the place we go to now retired.
Ever since they left the practice is falling apart and we wanted to move on. NOW WE WILL. We'll be hopefully going to the same place Jill and her family now go to. It's a major pain in the put signing off paperwork and making the change. ALWAYS SOMETHING.

BANKING to do and a few other things too.

You all have a great day. :emoticon 0115 inlove: :clap002:
I'll try and get on my cell-phone and post some of the Pizza making pictures from yesterday.

Last edited:

Mike Elias

Able Seaman

Karen, glad you got to sit back and relax. it might become a habit.
K2 we had to find new doctors this past year, a lot of our doctors either died or retired. I only want pepperoni on my pizza.
I can imagine the glass of wine Lee, I bet it was very enjoyable. I may start having a glass of wine after I ride my lawn tractor around the yard. I check out the yard once a week, it doesn't change much. :rolleyes: you are right the Keystone Kops have nothing and us. I told Fay, I"m g;ad there is just two of us, if there were 3 we never would get any thing done.
Dave, even the buffoon's brother wouldn't speak to him. I think he loses his temper to intiminate people
It is another beautiful day today, will sit out side, maybe with a small glass of wine.

''

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Lee, I never thought of cutting hot dogs in 3 pieces for easier snacking! Learn something new all the time :) I have faith you OGC's will figure out a way to get a shower in Jim's basement, I know a lady in Florida who is pretty handy with tile work if he decides to go that route

Kathie, many thanks for the extra prayers! The hose reel looks amazing! I haven't had homemade pizza in ages, that batch you all made looks pretty tasty! Please wish Ashley a Happy 25th Birthday from me!
Good luck in the search for a new Dr.!

Mike, sounds like some nice visits from your family over the last few days. Glad to hear you will be waiting till AFTER you get off the mower to have that glass of wine.

Dave, I don't think I've ever been in a store with that many jars of pasta sauce & pasta either. I think it would be fun to browse & see all the varieties they had

Bill, you still moving magnets to the new fridge?

I did indeed kick back & relax all day yesterday, after I got home from church of course! The men's group fixed breakfast for all of the ladies and next month we will do the same for the men. Our choir director/organist is on vacation so we had a sub yesterday, a very nice lady. I like our director, but he tends to "grandstand" a bit on the organ sometimes & it really distracts from the choir, this lady just played normal & it sounded fine.
Have a dentist appt. tomorrow morning still trying to get these dentures adjusted so I can wear them all day without hurting my mouth
Did a few things around the house today, but nothing major & nothing outside. Had some light rain earlier & they are calling for thunderstorms later this evening, we had a doozy of a storm the other night.
That's about all the news from Belleview, enjoy your evening all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
This had to be the funniest line (at least to me) of everything I read on this Bunny Thread today. Thanks for the laugh Karen!
Bill, you still moving magnets to the new fridge? :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Art and I treated the Birthday Girl and her family to dinner tonight at the Italian restaurant I mentioned the other day. A tad pricy, but your Granddaughter doesn't turn "25" everyday!
Drinks, food and dessert and B-Cake was all good. I don't want to eat until at least Wednesday! Ha Ha.
Art's biker friend and owner came out to talk to Art as we were leaving, and we asked him about the BEE HIVES he has on the roof. The man went on and on explaining all about the Bee's, etc, etc. Amazing that this Italian took to having BEE's up on the roof and learned so much about them in the last 3 years.

I'm out of here. Might rain overnight here. Right now at 9:39 pm it's 73F.
PEFECT TEMPS FOR ME!

By the way: The EYE Dr's office was closed today! Sure will be interesting to see if they're actually open on Tuesday! Hmmmm. I was able to get registered with the same doctor that Jill/Ashley are seeing now. One step down. Just need our RECORDS transferred from at least 40 years!
This is like one of BB's old " As the Grill Turns" stories. I'll keep you informed. ( not that any of you care, but it's something to read) Ha Ha.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I GOTTA know Lee. Ever since I read your post from yesterday morning about cooking hot dogs on the grill and then cutting them up into 3 pieces.

Does that mean 3 miniature hot dogs on buns, or just 3 small pieces of hot dogs?

It would be so cool to see a plate of miniature hot dogs on miniature buns! Wildly creative.

Great picture of your "pizza making assembly line", K2. Looks yummy. And if there is not enough pepperoni on your personal pizza, it's your fault. We need more info on this fella with bee hives on his roof.

I'm sorry, but anyone who puts pineapple on their pizza needs an intervention. :)

Apply yourself Mike. What do you think those cup holders on your riding mower are for? Wine, of course. Sucks having to change doctors.

So glad to hear that you actually kicked back on Mother's Day, KC. You deserve a break. Next time you go to the grocery store, intentionally look at the sections for salad dressings and pasta. You'll be amazed at all the different kinds and brands.

Only for sure thing on our agenda today is going over to my vascular surgeon's office to get a copy of my test results last week. The one where I was told that the vein in my leg was totally blocked. Taking it to another doctor for his second opinion.

It just doesn't sit right that after being told that, it was pretty much, "see you in 6 months". No new meds, no new procedures.