Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
6:45 a.m. 57 F ! Too early to chat for me! Just passing through! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Dave: Good for you going to get a 2nd Opinion! Can never hurt to verify what the 1st Doc said.

You all enjoy your day and coffee!

Happy Good Morning GIF by ircha_gram

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
A few things on tap for this morning so a quick good morning to everyone. Great pic of Jill, Ashley and Art who is patiently waiting his turn Kathie.
maybe with a small glass of wine.
I always say go big or go home Mike. You’re already home so…
Who’s there? Oh, good early morning Kathie. We were just talking about you. ;)
The hot dog story. Well, they are Costco hot dogs so each one could likely feed a family of four. OK, not really. Because everyone brings something to games day when it’s our turn to host we sometimes grille the dogs, put them in the buns and cut each one in three. Some of the ladies find a whole Costco hot dog too much with the other treats. Some of the guys want more than one but not two. So, Lu-Ann and I hit on the idea of cutting them, buns and all, in three. It seems to work. The next time we do them Dave, I’ll take a picture for you.
Very happy that you did actually kick back and put your feet up Karen.
Are all of your Boston teams behaving Bill?
Gotta get a move on.
Have a great day everyone!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Today I will go to Walmart for a few things and on the way home stop at Walgreens to get new passport photos then to Publix to pick up Rx's for Bruce.

Found out when I made the reservation for Jan that our passports will be at the 6 month time then so will get them now. I have filled out the forms online, so easy to do. And they are set waiting for photos to be mailed off. I much rather get them now than wait.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Sorry to have been absent for so long but it has been a very busy period here. Stress test apparently went well as far as I can see from the report I received in my email. It was my understanding that the doctor who oversaw the test and checked the results was going to phone me with the news. When I hadn't heard from his office by yesterday, I checked the report posted in my email and it appears that all is well and my July hip surgery can occur as planned.
Earlier last Friday the new refrigerator was delivered but it turned out that the people who delivered it were not licensed to install it and it went back while we had a licensed plumber come out and do whatever was required for it to be installed properly. The refrigerator was finally installed yesterday. It is black,Dave and is quite an improvement over what we had. We are still removing some of the plastic tape that secured the shelves in transit and it is still magnet free.

On Saturday, our grandson.Brandon graduated from Bridgewater State University in a ceremony that was held in the football stadium where the Patriots play. For early May it was frigidly cold and while we had great seats in the stadium we were pretty much frozen by the time Brandon marched across the stage to receive his diploma. After the ceremony the whole family went to eat (and thaw out) at the location chosen by Brandon- Cracker Barrel.
Sunday was Mother's Day and the kids and grandkids came to our house to celebrate.
Bruins put a bit of a damper on the day by losing another gay me to the Panthers but our Celtics made
up for it, somewhat, by winning a third game in the series with the Cavs last night, and can move on to the next series with a win at home tomorrow.
No rest for the weary - Cribbage tonight, HOA breakfast Saturday morning followed by a memorial service in Plymouth, MA for our son-in-law, Jason's Dad who passed away this past winter.
Good move Nancy getting the passport renewals into the process. What was the name of the new restaurant in Stuart? We had a terrific lunch at George's 2 restaurant in Stuart while we were in Florida

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Sorry to have been absent for so long but it has been a very busy period here. Stress test apparently went well as far as I can see from the report I received in my email. It was my understanding that the doctor who oversaw the test and checked the results was going to phone me with the news. When I hadn't heard from his office by yesterday, I checked the report posted in my email and it appears that all is well and my July hip surgery can occur as planned.
Earlier last Friday the new refrigerator was delivered but it turned out that the people who delivered it were not licensed to install it and it went back while we had a licensed plumber come out and do whatever was required for it to be installed properly. The refrigerator was finally installed yesterday. It is black,Dave and is quite an improvement over what we had. We are still removing some of the plastic tape that secured the shelves in transit and it is still magnet free.

On Saturday, our grandson.Brandon graduated from Bridgewater State University in a ceremony that was held in the football stadium where the Patriots play. For early May it was frigidly cold and while we had great seats in the stadium we were pretty much frozen by the time Brandon marched across the stage to receive his diploma. After the ceremony the whole family went to eat (and thaw out) at the location chosen by Brandon- Cracker Barrel.
Sunday was Mother's Day and the kids and grandkids came to our house to celebrate.
Bruins put a bit of a damper on the day by losing another gay me to the Panthers but our Celtics made
up for it, somewhat, by winning a third game in the series with the Cavs last night, and can move on to the next series with a win at home tomorrow.
No rest for the weary - Cribbage tonight, HOA breakfast Saturday morning followed by a memorial service in Plymouth, MA for our son-in-law, Jason's Dad who passed away this past winter.
Good move Nancy getting the passport renewals into the process. What was the name of the new restaurant in Stuart? We had a terrific lunch at George's 2 restaurant in Stuart while we were in Florida
The restaurant is Hudson's on the River. All but under the Roosevelt Bridge. Bruce did enjoy his ribs. We may go back at least once to try again.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Thanks for the info on the restaurant, Nancy. We are always looking for new or different places to eat and like to go to restaurants that we don't find at home and that aren't chain restaurants.
A granddaughter of our friends Rich and Dianne was named Miss Rhode Island Teen this past weekend, so I am sure that they are very proud and excited for her.
Good that you are getting a second opinion, Dave. Some doctors seem to forget that they are treating people who may lack the medical background needed to better understand
their condition.
Today's temperature is supposed to reach 75 degrees but I think that the 60s are what we will be experiencing for the next several days. I'm sure that when we eventually get some of those 85 to 90+ days it won't take long for us to complain about the heat, but right now it would be a welcome change from what we have been seeing.

A’Burg Guy

Hi Bill. Well now haven’t you and Rita been busy. Nice to know that things are progressing for your hip. Good call on getting a right proper plumber to connect your fridge water line.
In spite of the weather guessers calling for rain today it has been a picture perfect Tuesday.
The Great Canadian Shower Debacle is now set for tomorrow. Because of the forecast things got pushed back a day.
Lu-Ann and Gail went out to one of the nurseries and came home with, as Dave would call them, some pots of posies. They sure do add a splash of colour to the front of the house.
IMG_7141.jpeg
Best run. Have a good evening folks.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi Everyone! Just checking in and I wanted to say that it's been great to see the hutch has grown to 592 pages!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
STILL sleeping in K2??? You sure are acting a lot like you're retired.

Hot diggety dog, Lee. YES, you do make 3 miniature hot dogs on buns out of one grilled hot dog. How cool! Looking forward to seeing a picture of a plate of them the next time you make them.

Since I've never been in a Costco I wonder how big their hot dogs are, and if they have to sell extra large buns for them.

I just think it's SO neat making miniature hot dog sandwiches. Ketchup and mustard on one, coney sauce on another one, and if I'm still hungry, peanut butter on the third one. :)

Loved your posies. Lot's of colors.

Bill; So good to hear that you passed the stress test, clearing the way for your hip surgery. I've got to admit, you're the only person I know that has a black refrigerator. What's the brand on it?

For once John, something has grown around us besides our waistlines.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning everyone.
Hi John. Nice of you to drop by.
A Costco all beef hot dog is 8 1/2 inches long and an inch across Dave. The do sell buns that are the length of the dog. That’s a lot of hot dog and bun! That makes each “mini” dog just shy of 3 inches. Yes, folks do dress each little dog differently.
The ladies are planning to leave for Rochester Hills in MI for a day trip. Nice little outdoor mall but they’re more interested in the fact that there’s a Whole Foods and a Trader Joe’s right across from each other. Kathie, I’d warn your family to stay clear of that area today.
Speaking of…time to get my girl up.
Have a dandy day everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Everyone! Just checking in and I wanted to say that it's been great to see the hutch has grown to 592 pages!
Good to see you pop on JOHN! We also have 11,830+ posts! What a chatty group! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: :clap002:
Thanks for having us on this great Cruise Addicts Site!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Not much planned for today. I will probably start on a Lego like kit that Bruce just found and that he had forgotten to give me. It is a Flower Shop and the parts are the same size as Lego and the instructions are like Lego too.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Mid-Morning.
Dave: I've been up. Just doing some Choir Bi-Law Amendment voting online. Took more time than I thought it would.
Your toppings on your hot dogs fall right in line with your CRAZY Breakfast menu! Ha Ha.

Bill: :clap002::clap002: Glad you're cleared for your Re-Do Hip surgery. Hope it all works out for you in July. You'll have to remind us at least 2 times before you go in. We're all a tad forgetful at times.

Lee: GREAT LOOKING Flowers. Nice job for sure.
And the "Ladies" are going to The Village of Rochester Hills shopping area. It will be a great day for it. A tad chilly to start, but warming up as the sun comes out. Nice outing.
Food suggestions for lunch:
The Jagged Fork
Bravo Italian Dining (they have great salads and dipping sauce for bread)
Kruse & Muer

I need to get outside and plant our porch pots. I got a Geranium plant that needs to get planted. Still didn't buy the flowers for the other pot yet. The weather is so UP and DOWN temp wise I don't want to plant too soon.

Hello to the rest of the Hutch Gang. Talk later. Enjoy your day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

John, nice of you to stop by, thanks for giving us a cozy place to chat every day!

Dave, hoping the 2nd Dr. is a little more helpful than the original on. Glad you are going for a 2nd opinion! I have a black refrigerator, black stove & black dishwasher

Kathie, I forget how extreme the weather changes are up north, about the worst we get here is in the winter a few nights of freezing temps.

Lee, sounds like the ladies have a great shopping trip planned, the USA thanks you for your support! Pretty posies on the porch too!

Bill, glad to hear you are all set for the hip surgery! Glad you were finally able to get the new fridge all hooked up.

We've been getting some much needed rain the past few days & it's rumbling again now. We need the rain but poor ginger does not like storms at all!

I'm going to try to mow Jane's front yard tomorrow if it isn't raining & the grass dries out enough, if not, there is always next week.

Nothing much else going on, I've been going thru cupboards & listing stuff on Facebook marketplace that hadn't been used since I moved in. So far I sold a nice set of silver flat ware in a chest for $25 and a small gold colored set of flatware for $15, added it to my mad money stash for going out to lunch & the like.
Have a great day all!

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
I'll see you in 6 months, but it still aint right doc. Hope the next Dr. visit is better Dave.
Karen, you could set up a business selling things on Facebook. I have a pair of sneakers that i saw were worth about $400 and we have a life time of junk. How do you list stuff on facebook?
Your flowere are very colorful Lee. I have eaten at Costco but have never seen the hotdogs, don't know how I could have missed them
Good luck with your hip surgery Bill/ I don't complain when the temps hit 85, I love it and if if gets too hot I move to t he shade.
Isn't it a little early to plant out side in Mich K2???? I would think the ground is still a little too cold

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Thursday morning, Bunnies!

You're welcome, now you don't have use your sleepy brain trying to figure out what day it is.

Thanks so much for the specific dimensions of a Costco hot dog, Lee. 8 inches long and an inch across. Sure enough, I had to grab a ruler and see what the Oscar Meyer wieners in our freezer are. 6 inches long and 3/4 of an inch across. No matter what size, I think mini hot dogs on buns is just cool.

You are so right K2, the weather is still too up and down to be planting much of anything. I think we are still in for some more freezes.

My goodness KC, you sure do like black appliances. Aren't visible fingerprints a problem? You've got my sympathies on cleaning out cupboards. No telling what you'll find in the back of some of them. It's a reminder that ALL of us are pack-rats.

We gotta know Mike; What kind of sneakers do you have that are worth $400?

Have a lovely day Wabbits.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s6VbOEnsgk

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
Not much on my tired mind as I listen to the smooth notes of Bill Withers.
I’ll pop in later.
Enjoy your day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbit!
DAVE: Nice Video/Song you posted Dave, but I've never heard of the singer or the song. You and Lee amaze me with how you come up with these oldies.
Lee: Did the neighbor get a different size shower unit delivered. I don't remember how that ended.
Hope the Ladies had a good shopping day and didn't have to pay "DUTY" on their purchases if they bought STUFF!

Karen: Good for you listing "STUFF" and actually selling it. I've tried doing that a few times. Sometimes you get lucky and you get a buyer and the items you really think will sell fast never get a nibble on them. I have TONS to PITCH and try and sell. I'd be happy just to CLEAN it all out of the basement at this point. Waiting for the next ugly rainy day. I can't give up any nice days here in Michigan because we don't get enough of them.
Is this considered your Rainy Season in your area? Hope you can get the lawn cut for Jane.
MIKE: You REALLY have a pair of sneakers worth $400 bucks. Were they the Trump ones? :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

I cut WAY BACK on buying and planting annuals this year. I know I'm taking a chance with planting before June 1st, but I bought some plants that were ON SALE at Lowe's of all places and have had them on the covered front porch and they needed to get in the ground before they got over-rooted in their small slots.
I've had to throw old sheets we use when painting over plants before and since there are only a few areas it wouldn't be a big deal if the WEATHER MAN PREDICTS a LATE MAY FROST.
I'll try and remember to post some pictures of the Perennials that are flowering right now. The Clematis in front is just starting POPPING out with beautiful flowers this week. Love it.

BILL: I thought of you when I got out of bed this morning and my Arthritic HIPS were letting me know I did a little too much bending and stretching yesterday while planting. The hips must have forgotten when I planted 6-8 flats of plants in like 2 days. Those were the days. Not anymore. Body can't handle it and neither can my pocketbook these days.
You all take care and enjoy the day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
You are not the only one who has never been in a Costco, Dave although there is at least one not too many miles from here, but then I have also never been in a Sam's Club. Walmart, Target and BJ's are more my speed I guess.
The refrigerator is a Samsung which is coincidentally also the brand of our new TV although the brand was not a factor in my or Rita's choice.

Bruins came through with a win last night to extend their series for at least another game. Red Sox posted a win in extra innings last night and I am hoping that the Celtics can continue that streak this evening. Sadly we only took two of our five cribbage last night so the final score was 4-6 with the 6 points going to our opponents, Bob and Susan.
Yesterday's weather was great and today is nice though a bit cooler with a forecast of light rain for later on.
Have no fear, K2. I am sure that I will mention my surgery many times, perhaps too many, before it takes place on July 17th. :)
Once again it appears that the words I wrote above
didn't post when I wrote them Not sure why. Hopefully they will now.
Celts came through with a much needed victory and now have some time to wait while their next opponent is determined.

Sorry your arthritis is acting up, Kathie. Today's chilly and rainy weather isn't helping me but I have nothing special on today's calendar so I can stay home and veg out.
Your mention of the Jif peanut butter jar caused me to recall that when we returned to the house we rented in Florida this past winter, we found three jars of peanut butter (Jif, Skippy, and Peter Pan) on one of the kitchen shelves with one scoop of peanut butter taken from each jar. I think the owner's son
may have been doing a taste test but not sure what, if any, conclusion he reached. I pretty much prefer the chunky style to the creamy but am pretty happy with either.
Rita talked to Dianne this morning and we found out that Payton, who is now Miss Rhode Island Teen, will be in Orlando for the Miss America finals. Might be fun to go and watch.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I planted a few more POSIES and I must say if you FLORIDA FOLKS are reading along I give you all the credit in the world for living and working in the garden or at the church property or cutting grass or WHATEVER in the HEAT.
It's only 75F here in my neighborhood and I'm sweating out there in the sun!
Got the front all done and even watered everything down really good.
Have some COSMO's flowers to plant and a few for each deck flower box and I'm done.

Sure glad I CUT WAY BACK on buying Posies to plant. Just can't handle kneeling on my new artificial (ha ha) knee. So I bend over and hope my FAT BUTT isn't too offending to those passing by. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: The new Hose Reel works very nicely. Let's hope it continues to do that for a long time!

Bill: I'm sure you and Rita will pick up a few more points as the weeks go on.
Sure would be nice to see Payton in the Finals. How special for the family.
If Tony was still around, he'd be telling you about the "Sample Ladies" at Costco and
how he enjoyed walking around from station to station having his fill of samples.
We don't buy a lot from Costco, but what we do buy is well worth it.
And the price of
gas is
ALWAYS a good Bonus! Not to mention the CASH BACK every February for using the Costco Visa card everywhere.
Our Costco is
straight up the road 4 miles as the Crow flies when you leave our sub. Actually, we live in a Meca of every Fast Food and many coffee
drive-through's you can imagine. Also, many good go inside and eat places.

Okay, I'm cooled off and need to get a big glass of water. Later gang.