Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
oops a duplicate picture.
Still raining. but the hail and extreme winds are calmer.
IMG_0634.jpeg

Water is higher than in this picture.

Hope you and Lu-Ann and Ava are okay.

Dave/ Mike: Hope this storm missed you in OHIO

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Looking at the house with the Gazebo across the creek from us....., that side for some reason doesn't get all the WASHED DOWN branches and leaves and tree branches that we do.

Art and I went down mid-calf deep and pushed all the BIG TREE STUMPS that floated up under a huge Arborvitae shrub we have at the creeks edge. Gotta get that CRAP out and into the big water while it's still high and moving fast. Beats bagging it all up. It all ends up in the Clinton River way down stream!

Mark is getting new IV meds and did not come home today. I didn't have the heart to ask what his blood levels were, but if he's still getting new meds they must still be low. Better he stays in the hospital and gets constant monitoring and blood work than come home and just have to go back in again.

You all have a good week.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
K2, i don't know about Dave but are temps supposedlly got up to 98 with a lot of sun. I hope every thing is ok with y ou and yours. That looks like a very severe storm.
My oldest daughter came here and she brought a cherry tomato plant with her. She cleaned the flowere bed behind the garage. Fay went to Jungle jjim's in Fairfield (look it up) and bought a few more plants. Pattin planted the tomato plants. I wasn't going to plant anything but I planted the tomato plants, now I'''m thinking about planting some spinnter gourd seeds, You remeber those K2????? I want to plant some holly hock seeds also. The holly hock seeds have changed, used to be just one type, now there are mum like holly hock seeds. I want the kind that I can make a doll with. I think i posted something like this a few years back.
1716169623652.jpeg

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Oh phooey; Mark is still stuck in the hospital, K2. But that is still the best place for him as they still try and figure out what is going on with his body.

Dang, you live so close to us and yet we get nothing but sunshine, blue skies, and warm temperatures yesterday. And you get hail, wind, and hard rain. That's just nuts.

As a matter of fact the local Catholic church probably made a bundle at their festival over the weekend with all the good weather. It's only about 3 blocks from us and at night we could hear all the screams of kids on the rides.

Lee; It did get a bit toasty here yesterday, too. So being ready for that, I made sure the air conditioning would kick on if it got too warm.

Mike; Sounds like your gardening is off and running for the summer. Good.

Kathi has picked up a nasty cough so she was not feeling well, so I went off to the grocery store alone yesterday morning. I'll tell you one thing, those big baskets on their electric carts sure comes in handy.

Ready or not, it's time for a new week!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Well, yes, Mark is in the best place to get those levels to where they should be Kathie. We had numerous weather warnings but none of them panned out. It looks like you certainly got the worst of Mom Nature’s fury! We did see a few drops of rain the power flickered but that was it!
With the humidex it’s supposed to feel like 93F here today Mike. I’m not a big fan of it getting that hot. I broke a little sweat yesterday cutting the front yard. I did Google Jungle Jim’s. The Fairfield one, not the one in Cincinnati. At 4 acres it looks like an “if they don’t have it you can’t get it” kind of place.
Hopefully Kathi is feeling better Dave. This time of year there seems to be all sorts of coughs, many allergy related, around. They should have one of those grabber stick gizmos attached to the electric grocery carts so you can get stuff off of the upper shelves.
Hopefully the celebration of life was a good one Bill. I think these days people try to focus more on the good things and positives people leave behind.
I hear someone stirring in the bedroom. Best get our day underway!
Have a good one.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. We had a nice time in Jupiter yesterday. Our niece does not look bad but she is not eating much. And she is using either a cane or a 3 wheel walker. I asked if it had been her Mom's and she said no, she had been using her Mom's but her husband said he saw her he thought he was seeing her Mom so he asked her not to use it. Jennifer, Nick, Bruce and I did get in the pool for awhile. Jennifer, Bruce and Nick got out just before the rain started. I don't know how much rain we got there but when we got home we had over 2.5 inches and then we got more to the point we ended up with 3.11 It may rain again tonight. They were saying that most of the area could get hail, we did not in Jupiter but who knows if we did at the house.

Becky's long time friend came down and is staying until Thursday, which is good. Jennifer may have to go home on Wednesday as she only took off today and tomorrow and while she did take her work computer she is not sure if she will be able to actually work there.

K-2, while not fun being in the hospital it is much better Mark stay there so they can figure out the problem.

I have a busy week this week. Tomorrow the SUV gets service, Wednesday I have hearing test and aid check. Then Friday the Dermatologist cuts out a Basil Cell cancer.

All have a great day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good evening!

Mike, sounds like a nice visit with your daughter! Not surprised a bit you ended up planting the cherry tomato, it always feels good to get out & play in the dirt a little bit!

Kathie, guess I should have lit 2 candles for Mark yesterday. Sure hope they can figure out the cause of his problem.
That was quite a storm you all got!

Made it into the pool for a while with Barb yesterday, pool thermometer said 84 but with all the rain we've had lately the water felt cooler than that.
Sold another item on Marketplace today, so far this month I've made $60 just selling things I never use. Had one guy who was supposed to meet this morning to pick up an item & I never heard from him, anymore I don't leave my house if they don't confirm they are on the way.

Dave, hope Kathi is feeling better soon! 2 people here in the complex tested positive for covid last week. And my friend Pamela from choir has been out sick for 2 weeks now with a nasty cough and just feeling horrible. She finally went to the Dr. & they ruled out covid & pneumonia.

Lee, I wish I could say I'll only break a little sweat when I mow Jane's front yard tomorrow! Just walking to the mailbox & back this afternoon it was sooo muggy and sticky. The calendar may disagree but I think it's summer in Fl!

A’Burg Guy

A warm afternoon that triggered a little thunder and a short burst of rain. We were all indoors so it really didn’t dampen our plans. That made me think of typical FL weather Karen.
Jim’s plumber wants the rest of the basement washroom framed before he breaks the concrete for the drain. Not quite sure why he wants to put the cart before the horse but he’s the expert. We hope. So Thursday morning we’re going to get that tended to.
What’s the word for Mark Kathie?
Tomorrow we have X-rays on Lu-Ann’s wrist and Wednesday we see the doc. Hopefully he’ll give the all clear to get rid of the brace.
Have a pleasant evening folks.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Tuesday morning, Bunnies!

Lee; I too am curious as to why that plumber wants the basement bathroom framed in before he starts busting up the concrete for a drain. I was just thinking....If Lu-Ann gets the OK for her wrist, she'll once again be able to give you an occasional, but much needed, dope-slap. :)

Good for you KC being able to get in the pool on Sunday. Although it's been hot around her the past few days, I can't think of a single pool that's been opened. No improvement yet in Kathi's cough. No temperature though. Best of luck to your friend Pamela, who sounds like she has the same thing. Some people around here are developing coughs from all the pollen.

Liked your picture Mike of the doll made out of a posy. Really cool.

Another sunny day here yesterday. And once again the air conditioner kicked on.

I've gotten all sort of prescriptions. Some, very expensive. Some pretty cheap. Today we'll be picking up one that sets a record. It costs one single penny.

A’Burg Guy

Already feeling like 68F this morning. It’s gonna be another sticky day.
The reason we left the last part of the framing not done was to give the plumber easy access to the drain Dave. All of the other stuff was roughed in by the builder. It would be interesting to talk to him to understand his reasoning. A head slap with a cast definitely gets my attention. ;) One cent? I’d write the pharmacy a cheque. Interesting enough, it would be free in Canada because we got rid of 1 cent coins in 2013. It was costing more to mint them than they were worth. Totals ending in 1 or 2 round down. 3 or 4 round up.
Better get the day underway. Have a good day everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Coffee GIF by Yeremia Adicipta
Good morning Wrabbits.

We got RAIN and SUNSHINE on a timely basis yesterday afternoon. Trying to dry out the large deck rug turned out to be a NO GO. I just pulled it back under the awning and will pull it
BACK OUT on the half of the deck that doesn't have an awning over it this morning and let it dry out!

We had a family of ducks with 2 babies spend the day under our neighbors big Maple trees yesterday. The babies are so cute and really listen to MOM when they tried to get close to the creek water. So fuzzy looking.

Dave: Did you actually have to pay the "$.01" cent? Hope it was for a 90 day supply! Ha Ha.
Sorry Kathi is still coughing. I bet it's from POLLEN. Hope she feels better soon. Has she tried taking a Allegra allergy pills you can get "over the counter". The pollen on our glass deck table is UNREAL this time of the year. Actual GREEN looking paper towel when I get done wiping it. Do you have a portable Air Cleaner somewhere in your living area? It would be helpful with having the 2 pups and their dander and just stuff in the air. Our grandson had us get one during Covid and it tells us just how clean the air is in the house. It does a big area.

I went to the Cardiologist yesterday morning for a check-up and as I was checking out and making another annual 6 month appt the gal asked if I wanted to pay the $20 dollar co-pay now and I said "I'll pay $10.00" and she looked at her computer again and said "OH YES, it's only $10 dollars" now. You gotta be on top of things and save money when you can. :)

Mike: You're going to be happy you have those Cherry Tomatoes to pick in about 60 days. Nothing better than a fresh picked garden tomato.

Karen: My feet would have loved to be hanging in the Club Pool yesterday when the humidity and sunshine was out. I envy you being able to have a pool so handy and not have to bother cleaning it. Jump in and enjoy for me!

Lee: Can't wait to find out WHY the plumber wanted the framing all done before he starts.
I'm thinking he wanted to make sure the hole will be in the right place for the toilet, shower, and drain before he started to crack the cement. Hard to measure things if the framing isn't in place. It's the old "Measure TWICE and CRACK into the concrete ONCE! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Bill: You getting any of these storms that have passed through our area over your way? Does your new refrig have French doors or Side by Side Doors or one big door? Have you two filled it up with your favorite goodies?

Mark Update: Skip over if I'm giving too many updates.

Did I mention he's allowed to wear his own clothes now. That's one amazing change in hospital rules. He was able to walk around a garden area with Ashley yesterday and get some well needed sunshine. They sent a picture of him in his new room on the Hematology floor and he looks great. Even had a FACE TIME meeting with his boss and a few other workers that are on that Mexico trip he had to miss. His boss is very nice according to Mark.

He had more blood work done and a Bone Marrow test. It was explained why like this:

The doctor performs a bone marrow exam to:
  • Diagnose a disease or condition involving the bone marrow or blood cells
  • Determine the stage or progression of a disease
  • Determine whether iron levels are adequate
  • Monitor treatment of a disease
  • Investigate a fever of unknown origin

Mark said they can see just what the blood cells are doing much better than with a blood test. Let's hope it gives them an idea WHY this is all happening. Nice that they are checking every angle to find out what is going on.

Okay, Art just left to go biking and I have a few errands to run and then I want to try and bring up the last 2 deck chairs from the basement. Those chair will be staying OUTSIDE on the DECK and COVERED this coming Winter. Too heavy to be taking them downstairs and bring them back up every year. And I don't need to bug the kids to help with that when it's not necessary.

Enjoy your DAY all you good people.
Fun Pink GIF

Last edited:

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Today I take the SUV in for service. Bruce had wanted to go to Jupiter today but they are coming up to Ft Pierce to go to the state park so Becky can get in the ocean because it is a very easy slope in the water and not a drop like in Jupiter and with her back she can not do the drop. Not sure if we will be going down tomorrow yet. Have to have Jennifer let us know if she will be staying or going home tonight.

Have been looking up taxis in San Francisco for getting from the hotel to the ship. They cost should be about $8. It is just too far to walk with 3 suitcases. It is only about .6 miles.

I did a google about breaking the concrete after framing and found this: Framing a bathroom before breaking concrete for drains in the basement is necessary because drain pipes sometimes come up through the concrete floor at the wrong place. In these cases, the floor needs to be broken out and the pipe offset into the wall

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

Thanks for the update Kathie. I think we have all been wondering. I’m sure Mark’s more comfortable being able to wear his own clothes. Less laundry for the hospital too!
We have a couple of bigger chairs that stay out all year round with covers on them. Even in the summer as long as there’s no rain forecast.
The X-ray clinic was actually running ahead of schedule so we were in and out before the 10:30 appointment.
We took Ava for a walk along the river by Fort Malden. The fort itself isn’t open yet but the Parks Canada employees open the gates so people can walk through. Nice of them to do that.
Time to play wheel of exercise. Will it be the treadmill of the bike?
Have a good afternoon everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Nice that this Wrabbit Hutch supports all the various Medical areas!
It's hard to keep up with all the appointments scattered through the desk calendar.
I tried using the Calendar on my cell phone and it's more trouble than just taking a
pen and writing it on the calendar! That way at a glance we know how to plan the day or
the week easier.

Hope that Lu-Ann gets a report good report on her wrist on Wednesday!

I timed how long I had to wait for a blood test at our Annex Hospital Lab and it was
only 1/2 hr at 1:00 pm. Not bad for that time of the day.
ALWAYS SOMETHING! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

DANG it's HOT here! 85F and feels more like 95f without any wind out there.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well I got to the dealership for my appt and the service manager was in the computer and found that since I had 3000 miles to get to 6000 I could wait until November for service so I decided to do that.

After getting home I decided that in Jan. since we will be in San Francisco and we most likely will never get back there that we should stay for 2 nights after the cruise, so I changed our flight ( and got a refund of just under $700) and booked the same hotel for 2 nights. I have sent an email to the shuttle service asking to change our pick up date and time from the cruise port to the hotel, I don't think this will be a problem as the dates are a few months from now. I have downloaded info about the streetcar and cable cars for the city. Before going I know I will find out about good Chinese restaurants in China Town.

All have a good night.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
K2 we get those little calendars and put our app. on them. I keep mine on the kitchen table where I sit so I generally know what is happening. I bet Mark is thrilled that he can wear regular clothes now and is getting to walk outside. It sounds like he is improving a lot.
Dave, the only thing that helps me when I start coughing or have a sore throat is honey, cough drops don't do a thing for me.
Lee, I need a 2x4 to get my attention.
While I was outside today I was sure the temps would be near 90 but it was 85, hottest 85 for me. I didn't stay outside very long.
We got me a new prescription for my glasses today. I'll order the glasses later on. I'm going to get new frames this time. My glasses have the limit on how much prism that can be put in my glasses so I may have trouble with double vision.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Wednesday ALREADY? Time marches on, no matter how much we'd like to slow it down.

Funny idea Lee about writing a check for a penny. (You Canadians sure do like to spell "check" in a weird way.) But it made me wonder if there's minimum that you can make a check for? You never did say what Lu-Ann's X-Rays showed. Oh yea, yesterday I chose the bike.

K2; The hunt goes on till the doctors find the cause of Mark's medical problem. I, you and he hope they find it soon. Good choice on not taking those chairs back down the basement any more when winter comes. A cover over them will work just fine. See, another way to clear out your basement.

Mike; Something tells me that Fay keeps a good selection of two-by-fours around the house. :)

Maybe we'll go grocery shopping this morning. It all depends upon how Kathi feels when I wake her up around 9.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Been up since 3:30 but before that I did get a good sleep. This morning I have a hearing appt. Will se if it is my ears or the aides that keep going out at times.

Thursday we are going back down to Jupiter for the day. Had wanted to on Friday but that is the day of my skin cancer being cut out and from the day they notified me to the appt was 4 weeks because of the location I want.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

Hopefully Kathi is feeling tons better and you’re both able to head off to the grocery today Dave. As for Lu-Ann’s X-ray, we find out the results today from the doc at 1:20. I hit the treadmill yesterday for 2.5K. We always check the amount on our cheques. :emoticon 0140 rofl:
Isn’t it funny Mike. Our generation can all kid about a good old fashioned slap (or 2x4) ”up the side of our heads”. In today’s everyone is offended by everything world that is frowned upon. Your honey remedy is good for a cough. As is, believe it or not, pineapple juice!
What’s the good word for Mark Kathie? We’re still keeping all of you in our good thoughts.
How’s the New England sporting world, pro and cribbage, treating you Bill.
It was warmer and more humid here yesterday than it was in your neck of the sunshine state Karen. More of the same forecast for today. Crazy weather!
Speaking of crazy weather, we found out yesterday that Windsor, just 20 minutes or so up the road, is the lightening capital of Canada! Lightening awareness week (who knew we had or needed one!) doesn’t start for a month but officials are worried because the storm season is already starting. What is it Kathie would say? “Always something”.
Have a great Wednesday everyone.