Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
HAPPY 4th OF JULY, ALL!!!
Crazy hot here still, and no rain for the past few days. Mowed Jane's back yard this morning & thought I would melt before I finished, took lots of breaks & drank lots of water!
A few fireworks going off last night, but nothing like I usually hear, hoping tonight is relatively quiet as well
Picnic at the clubhouse this afternoon & I'm hoping the pool isn't 100 degrees. Have a great one all!

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY.
I slept in late then my nephew from Florida called. After that Fay and I sat around and talked for a while, she also fixed me a cup of coffee. She got home about 3:30 yesterday and had a very nice time.
We had a steady rain this morning and early after noon which we needed. Our marygolds are looking very nice now.
We used to listen /watch the Boston Pops a long time ago.
Glad your microwave is repaired Dave,
The person next door shot off some firecrackers last night but I didn't hear them go off anywhere off in our neighborhood,

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland
sparkling 4th of july GIF
Nascar Racing Sport GIF by NASCAR

It's NUTS over here right now. I went outside and you can smell the heavy Smoke in the air.
Some people paid some BIG BUCKS for the Professional Fireworks. Looked just like the show that was in downtown Detroit a few weeks ago.

We've cooled down from about 90F to 71F right about now and might get into the 60's later tonight. The WINDOWS will be CLOSED. Way too much smoke from the fireworks out there.

Karen: The lake water was warm today. Could have been 10 degrees warmer, but it was refreshing.
I tried out my nephews Electric Bike. Too funny. I actually liked it but could never buy one because it WEIGHS too much for me to even try and lift it onto a special bike rack to take to the park. And to buy it just to ride around the neighborhood would be crazy. I can CHECKED riding one of those off my bucket list. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: :usasmile:

Good night all. It was a really great 4th of July. Hope we have something even more fantastic to add to our celebrations NEXT YEAR! VOTE BLUE!

Celebrate New Year GIF by CHANDON CALIFORNIA

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I definitely stand corrected.

I'd mentioned how relatively quiet it's been this year for people shooting off fireworks. It seems that people were holding off shooting off their stash until last night. And some had REALLY loud bangers. Even Kathi and I jumped at times.

Fuzzbutt pretty much took it all in stride, but Jack got really spooked and afraid. Kathi had to bring out the Benadryl to help calm him down. As she held him on the couch with a blanket to cover him. TV cranked up a bit, bathroom fan running and white noise machine going in the bedroom.

I worried about you yesterday KC when I saw on the news all the high temperatures in Florida. Good to see you took precautions and kept hydrated.

Hoping all you Bunnies have a quiet, calm, and relaxing day.......Whatever day it is. :)

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Friday Dave. It’s Friday.
It sounds like everyone had a great 4th of July. Kinda nice that people saved up their displays for one night rather than a few annoying bangs every night for a week.
Well, I really don’t have a lot on my mind this morning so other than to wish you all a great day that’s it from me for now.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
THE DAY AFTER.........and all is good up here!

Suppose to get rain SOON......humidity isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Had some fog this morning, but it burned away quickly as the sun came out.

We took a 40 min drive to this Coffee Roasting Shoppe and I had a Double Espresso and a yummy Almond filled Croisant. Art had a Dark Coffee. All was good. Got to enjoy it outside at a picnic table because it was TOO COLD inside.

Dave: Bummer on the pups getting spooked. There was a post on the local community notices that a dog got spooked by a LOUD fireworks as it was let out in the yard to do it's business. They still haven't found the Lab-A-Doodle as of 11:00 am. Feel so sorry for the dog and it's owner.

You all have a good day and I'm sure there will be more FIREWORKS tonight. :eek: :supris:

A’Burg Guy

Headed to Costco this morning. We were there at 9:05 and the place was already crazy. We picked up what we were looking for as well as some stuff for our friends who tested positive for Covid early this week. Yikes!
We made it to The Navy Yard after that for a quick but humid walk.
Back home enjoying a coffee while the sheets are in the washer. Then it’s down to the bike or treadmill for us.
Gosh, I sure hope that pup is found safe and sound Kathie. They can get out in the blink of an eye!

Poor Jack! We know all too well what it was like to have a thunderphobic pup Dave.
Anyway, there goes the tune on the washer. Time to flip stuff into the dryer.
Have a good one everybody.

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
Nothing goin on in our neck of the woods. Fay is at Kroger, she loaded up her Kroger fuel points last night.
We got a nice rain yesterday and it rained a little this morning. Every thing was soaked but t he sun is our and it is warm.
Nice fireworks K2
Have a great weekend.

A’Burg Guy

WOW Dave and Kathi! Take a picture and make a postcard!!
The weather guessers have been threatening not only rain but severe thunderstorms all afternoon Mike. But nothing so far except blue skies.
I see that you are still under a severe heat warning Karen. Take it easy please.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave: Great picture of that Rainbow.
Temps we from DOWN to UP to DOWN and around dinner time it got Sunny and warmer.

Right now at 11:00 pm we have a light drizzle going on. Good thing, because it ended the leftover Friday Night FIREWORKS!
I’ve been watching
SHARK WEEK and I must say that for all the many, many years I would walk, swim and float around in the Salt waters of Longboat Key I never gave SHARKS a second thought. NOW I MIGHT BE A TAD LEARY after watching and learning so much about the Sharks.
Heart Smile GIF by Shark Week
Katy Perry Dance GIF by Animanias

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
Great news about the pup being safe back home Kathie. I must admit that it wasn’t your smiling post I was expecting at 6:25 in the morning. I don’t know if it’s the hype from things like Shark Week or people are just more educated than they used to be about sharks…
Hopefully Dave is late this morning because he’s out looking for a pot of gold at the end of that beautiful rainbow.
I think it rained overnight. That took some humidity out of the air which is a good thing.
Another day dawning with not too much on my mind.
You folks all have a great Saturday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Saturday morning Wrabbits! 67f and dry outside right now.

Dave I hope Jack had a decent night last night. We had some fireworks going off, but the rain put an end to that real Quick!

So far I can tell there isn’t too much humidity going on outside because I can see my ANKLE BONE! It’s not swollen! Always a good thing.

Karen his how you doing girl?

I found out that our New Priest and his family are back in Serbia on vacation visiting family. The wife and kids have been there since the kids got out of school. He’ll be there for another week.
Good time for me to go to church tomorrow and listen to our old priest do the service. No choir all of July, so it will be a quick service.

I have nothing more for you good people right now.
Enjoy your day!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning, running on empty this morning so just a quick check in

Awesome Rainbow pic Kathi/Dave!

Hope all is well if Father Dave this morning!

Fireworks around here were definitely quieter than past years. Heading to church in a few to start decorating for Vacation Bible School, catch up with you all later

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Good Morning GIF by DINOSALLY

OKAY..... just where is our
DAVE this morning. It's past 9:00 a.m. already!

Karen.......you be careful going up and down on stepstools putting up decorations.
You folks should put boxes of supplies out in the middle of the rooms and let the kids go at it decorating for Vacation Bible School. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Bill: Enjoy your last full week and a few days before your hip surgery. I'm sure you'll be happy to get this over with. At least you won't have to worry about slip-sliding around to therapy in the cold and snow!

MIKE/LEE: You guys take care in your respective towns.

I saw GAS PRICES went down yesterday at our Kroger's. Of course, that's after I just filled up at Costco the other day!

Out of here to go get a Toasted Bagel w/cream cheese and Senior coffee at our local
Tim Hortons.

Good Morning Hello GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
A rainy Saturday here. Checked the weather app on my iPhone and it says it is 80 degrees with heavy rain and the rain is expected to stop in 7 minutes. Resisting the urge to check the accuracy of that prediction.
HOA is hosting a pig roast this afternoon for all the residents of this community. There
will also be barbecue chicken, and assorted other food stuffs. This is one of two annual events that are free to residents, the other being the annual Christmas party. All of the other events are relatively inexpensive and are part of what makes living here so enjoyable.

A’Burg Guy

That sounds like a dandy way to spend this evening Bill! Depending where we are I find the iPhone weather app to either be frightfully precise or way off. Because of where we are on The River and near the lakes our weather is even more unpredictable.
How was that bagel with cream cheese and Tim’s coffee Kathie? A box of 54 Starbucks Pike Place K-Cups was $29.00 at Costco yesterday.
Gosh Karen, you mentioned Church Vacation Bible School and I can still recall, mostly, the CVBS song that we used to sing.
Odd thing the memory. I can’t remember what I did a week ago but I have that tune from about 60 years ago rattling around in my head!
I got the front lawn cut this morning. I may do the back after dinner.
Have a good rest of this fine Saturday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
DAVE.... hope all is okay over your way. Miss your A.M. greeting. :loveya:

Lee: The Bagel (double toasted) w/cream cheese & a Tim's coffee was just perfect! I've even learned which one of 3 Tim's within a mile or two of each other I like best! Ha Ha.
Good deal on that Pike Place K-Cups. Always nice to have some on hand to just pop into the machine if you don't feel like "stuffing" your own. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Bill: How was the Pig Roast and BBQ today. Serbians are big on Roasted Pig. They get very young ones so that the meat is tender. I still remember going to a Luau on Maui and they service Roasted Pig. It was a HOG... not a young pig. FAT and tasted gamey. Funny how you can still remember how something tasted so long ago. Just like Lee was saying about the Bible School song. :wink2:

One of our nephews had his work truck broken into at a HOME DEPOT parking lot and the thieves stole his power tools. I bet they sit around in cars watching contractors go into Home Depot and then bust into their trucks and take what they want to sell on the streets. His truck was locked, and he said they POPPED the door lock nice and NEATLY.
Anyways, Art had some power drills, etc that he wasn't using and was going to just dump since I bought him a new hand drill for his B-Day (at his request) and we asked if he could use them and he said sure! So, we packed them up in a box and took them over to the other nephew's bar that not too far from us and dropped them off. Sent him a message to go and pick them up. ALWAYS SOMETHING.

You all have a good evening and a safe and fun SUNDAY.

Last edited:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Checking in to see if Dave made it on today, sure hope it's just computer issues & not anything wrong.

Decorating went pretty good, we were done around 1:00 so I got to come home & relax for a bit. Will try to grab some pics of the decorations we did today in the Parish Hall.
Have a great evening all!