Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits!

YIKES on that Microwave clonking out on you. Hopefully, they'll just replace the entire thing as a safety precaution!

RAINED most of the night and the "CREEK WAS UP" when I looked out around 4:00 a.m.
Right now it's just cloudy outside and that's keeping the sun from shining and giving us the ugly humidity issues. I can do without the humidity big time.

The neighbor on one side of use has his Son and Daughter-in-law living with them as of this week. "Lucky them --- Ha ha." I guess they're looking for a house and their lease was up and Mom & Dad offered to have them move in so they wouldn't have to sign a new lease on the apartment they were living in.
This is all fine and dandy, but now we have 2 vehicles parked in front of our house until they MOVE again! :oops:

I see LEE just popped on! Let me close this so he can catch up on my post.

I'm off to get a cup of coffee. Later gang.
Thanks for the Canadian Day explanation Lee.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning Kathie! All caught up! Yep, I hate it when people park, for no real reason, in front of our house too. They have driveways!

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
Fay is going with Patty, Patty's friend Jay and Jay's Mother to Geneva on the lake which is a little east of Cleveland for a few days tomorrow. Michael and Linda will be old man sitting until Fay gets back Wed. Michael is allready here.
We had a very heavy rain with wind and lightning about 5:30 and it got very dark. It lasted about 45 minutes then got sunny again.
I haven't heard a firecracker yet and it is almost July. In the past they started going off about mid june. The guy next door used to use the ones t hat would fly pretty high and a few of them would end up in our yard. It always scared me that I would run over one with the lawn tractor and send it flying.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hiya, Hiya Bunnies!

Thanks for the info on Canada, Lee. It's always interesting knowing more about your country.

Too early for you to be getting ready for church, KC? :)

K2; I would dread having some relatives moving in with us while they switch homes. After a week, fish and relatives should be thrown out.

Hey Mike, how are you going to be able to get into trouble while Faye is away if you have "Old Man Sitters"? I'm sure you'll be able to work around that problem.

Called the local appliance store yesterday to get a service call for our microwave door fixed. (Its' door won't latch, so it won't run or have its' light go out.) Wednesday morning is now scheduled. I turned off a breaker switch so the light won't be on till Wednesday.

The service department made it sound like a cheap and simple fix. Some broken spring in the door. Ain't no way I'm going to take that door apart and try and fix it myself.

Now we're finding out how much we really use that microwave. From heating up leftovers to something as simple as warming up a cup of coffee.

A’Burg Guy

We were supposed to be under the threat from storms all day yesterday. With the exception of a little shower last night none of the nasty weather materialized! Mind you, the humidity was pretty much unbearable.
Do and pet sitting rules apply to “Old Man Sitting” Mike? If it’s in the fridge, pantry or liquor cabinet it’s fair game? Hope Fay enjoys her time at the lake in Geneva.
Ya Dave, if you try to repair the door it goes from a relatively inexpensive repair (we hope) to major damage control. It’s funny how many things we unconsciously use until they are taken away from us.
There were a few fireworks going off around here last night but not many. At the cost of them I’m surprised people still set them off at home and don’t go to the displays organized by cities and towns.
When do you head to the cottage Kathie?
Trusting and hoping all is well with Karen and Bill.
Have a really, really good Sunday everyone.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning all, coffee has not hit the brain yet so this will be brief,

Dave, I was awake at the time you posted, but wisely decided to keep my eyes closed & try for a few more minutes of sleep, for once it WORKED! Hopefully the microwave is a quick inexpensive fix!

Kathie, cute pic's of Mr Manny, pets sure do have a way of wrapping us around their paws!

Lee, glad the bad storms missed your area. We had a doozy of a storm Fri. afternoon/evening, rained hard for a good hour or more. Yesterday afternoon we had lots of thunder & lightning again but very little rain.

Pam & I spent about 5 hours Thurs. helping Pat get things sorted & packed. We got one whole room sorted & packed so that was a major accomplishment. We each took a load of boxes with us to drop off for donations. Going to try to go back over on Wed. and help her some more.
And that's all for now folks, need to finish my coffee & get dressed. Today is my 2nd confirmation class so I'm just going to stay for the 2nd service instead of coming home for an hour & then going back

mike, with any luck Michael & Linda will become partners in crime with you instead of "old man sitters"

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits!

Nice CHATTER on here.
All the best to you Karen on your 2nd confirmation class!

It's only 60F here right now and windy. YIKES.... this weather is really crazy this year.

Mike: You behave yourself while Fay is away. No bringing in DANCING GIRLS!

Dave: Good luck with that micro door. Those machines are scary.

Lee: We only go to the Lake cottage on July 4th. We could go and sleep over, there are bedrooms, but I'm more for just spending the day and heading home. It's not that far. About 45 mins.

I'm off to church EARLY today. It's our church's Patron Saint Day and the Metropolitan of our area will be coming at 9:30 am to serve the service. It's a pain in the rear when he shows up. IF HE SHOWS UP ON TIME TOO. It makes for a EXTRA LONG SERVICE.
He was about 40-45 mins late last time he came to our church. And I told Art if he's inconsiderate again and is late I'm just leaving. There's no excuse for that kind of thing at all. He stays in a nice hotel that is NOT FAR from the church and should be able to get there ON TIME.

You folks have a nice day.
LEE: Wear a jacket to take AVA for a walk. It's Brrr chilly out there. Later.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
K2, I think that there are some people who are simply incapable of being on time for anything and your Metropolitan may be one such person. I am more a follower of the Bill Belichick school of thought that says if you arrive 10 minutes early, you are already 5 minutes late.
We are still waiting for a third company to come to our house to give us an estimate on the installation of a walk-in tub. He has already called twice to reschedule his appointment and I am of a mind to tell him to forget coming. If he can't commit to a definite schedule, why should we not expect to have the same experience with his installers?

A’Burg Guy

flashing lights cops GIF

Yep, that's what I saw in my rear view mirror on our way to pick up groceries for a sick friend. So I pull to the side of the road. The officer exits his cruiser and walks up to the driver's side. The first thing he does is point to his body cam and advises me that our interaction is being recorded.
He was behind us and ran routinely ran our plate. Subie is a joint ownership vehicle and one of us had an expired driver's license. He asked who just had a birthday. It was Lu-Ann. Our Ontario Government no longer sends out reminders of expired Driver's Licenses or Health Cards. The Officer said he didn't know why and that most people don't realize when things expire.
Anyway, he wished us a good day and reminded us to renew Lu-Ann's info online as soon as we got home.
What a nice officer! And we have already taken care of both documents.

A’Burg Guy

In other news, you and Mr. Belichick sound like my Dad Bill. He always maintained that if you were't at least five minutes early you were late. Ya, I'd be a little suspect of a place that keeps cancelling too.
Are you doing the three pile system for Pat Karen? Keep, Donate and Toss. We went through that when we moved and way too much stuff still made it into the keep pile!!
I did have a bit of a heavier shirt on this morning Kathie. Brisk but a beautiful start to the day. I hope your Metropolitan did everyone the courtesy of being on time!
Speaking of time, it's time to get dinner started for my little felon. Before she starts banging her tin cup on the bars of the cell. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Metro was 20 mins late. Better than last visit, but didn’t make any points with me! :frowning:
There is a procession around the church with the Metro blessing the church and the choir singing responses. Beautiful day for a change for this.
The church has been there for 58 yrs and they still have the need to Bless it! Duh! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:
IMG_1008.jpegIMG_1006.jpegIMG_1010.jpeg

Me getting ready to leave the parking lot!

IMG_0998.jpeg

Lee: Did you have to change your “undies” after that surprise stop by the OFFICER? :emoticon 0140 rofl: Nice you didn’t get a ticket.

I made some mini Key Lime Tarts this afternoon. Must say they’re as good or BETTER than Publix’s. I took some over to Marie & George up 24 Mile Rd!

Watching one of those British PBS series called GRANDCHESTER. Thank goodness for Closed Captions.

Bill: In this day and age if it was me I’d call the guy who keeps cancelling the estimate spots and tell him a slight white lie….that you found a reliable company to do the job.
I’m sure there are plenty of other companies you can call.

Going to sleep good tonight with the temps being so low the windows will be open! :clap002:

I did put in a good word for all you good Wrabbits!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Moan Day morning, Wabbits!

Lee, that's just nuts that your and our governments don't send out notices when our driver's licenses expire. Or for that matter our car insurance companies.

The last time I needed to renew my driver's licence I found out that I'd been driving on an expired one. I cringed when I thought about it. Because if I'd gotten into an accident I would have had to pay out of my pocket for any damages or hospital bills for other people.

I've no idea what a confirmation is, KC. It must be something important to your church since this is the 2nd confirmation class. Care to explain?

I'm with you Bill on being punctual or even a bit early. It's insulting when someone thinks, "You can wait".

GREAT idea K2. I should have thought of that. Bring in some "dancing girls" for when Fay is away. Wasn't a "Metropolitan" a little bitty car?

Chilly this morning in our neck of the woods.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Dave, in the Episcopal church babies & children are baptized at a young age, as they grow up in the church they are able to make a "mature confession of Faith" which is confirmation. Basically saying they believe in God and want to live their life according to his teachings. The classes are to teach them all the things the church believes in and that they are agreeing to follow. Since I was not raised Episcopal I also asked to be confirmed to make a public expression that I agree with the Beliefs of the church and will follow them to the best of my ability. Make sense now?

A’Burg Guy

Chilly here too Dave. But a good morning all the same. Oddly enough effective today, July 1, we can sign up for email reminders for health cards, driver’s licences and license plate renewals. Even though we no longer pay for our plates or get stickers! Crazy system. We do get our home and auto insurance notices well in advance of the renewal date.
Actually Kathie, I was pretty confident I hadn’t done anything wrong so wasn’t overly concerned when I saw the officer pull up behind me and hit the lights. Seeing as I was driving we really hadn’t violated any part of the highway traffic act. I believe that from his demeanour and personality that as we had no “wants or warrants”, had Lu-Ann been driving he likely would have given her a warning and 48 hours to update the license and pop in to the closest station with the proof.
Who’s that. I’m guessing Karen or Kathie. Hi Karen! A very good explanation. Thank you.
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
200.gif
Rise and Shine Wrabbits! Hot coffee for everyone that needs it.

Brrrr..... earlier this morning it was 55 degrees here up North! Right now at 9:32 am it is 60F.
But don't feel sorry for us Northerners..... it's going to get back in the 80's and humid REAL QUICK, so I'm enjoying the OPEN WINDOWS as long as I can!

Karen: Just from your EXCELLENT explanation of what COMFORMATION is all about you should be immediately confirmed! Good job girl.

Art has gone to get his bi-annual Heart Ecko test done this morning. ALWAYS SOMETHING.

My Little Key Lime Tarts were really good. (And I don't often say that about things I make)

We must have a Mosquito in this house somewhere. I have found a bite on the back of my arm and on my leg. Must have got me while I was asleep. :eek:

You ALL have a fantastic day. I'll be back! Ha ha.

Last edited:

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
July 1, what happened to June???? It just started about 2 weeks ago. Life is really like a roll of toilet paper.
It's bright and sunny but chilly outside, a lot more chilly than I like. I'm pretty sure where Fay is up on t he lake it is cold. She called yesterday and said the waves were 4 or 5 feet high.
Happy Canada Day Lee and LuAnn
I hope Art'ts echo gram went okak2.
Kc, Catholic Church and Episcopal Church are very similar. We at one time had and Episcolian teach our Catholic Bible class.
If the contrator didn't have a good excuse Bill I would consider K2's idea of telling him the job is done.
K2 another great idea, could you contact the dancing girls for me, I know Fay wont do it and I don't know any, I don't even know what a dancin girl is, is she something like Dancing Queen?
Dave, maybe you can help K2 finding the dancing girls. I would like to know what a dancing girl look like. Don't tell me go go girl, I don't know what they look like either.
have a good rest of the da y, I'm going to try to find my dancing shoes