Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Have you cooled off yet Karen?????? glad you got some pool time.
They all sing and go all out on Birthday DAYS. Old folks having fun. Kind of fun One of the members of the group bakes a pan full of BROWNIES every time there is a Birthday in the group We do the fuel points shopping also. Every Thursday eve. we go over what we need on the computer and click on the item. Thanks for posting the picture.
Lee, now you need to find a place that has dancing. There aren't too many places that have ballroom dancing, even with that the dancing is more of the 30s and 40s but still very enjoyable. I thiink the Texas 2 step is in now. Our grocery stores seem to be a lot like yours, always busy. Still very dry here, we have 2 large dry brown spot in our front yard now. I think that is the earliest dry spots we have had.

Grocery shopping day. Being a Monday it should be pretty quiet there this morning. Dave, glad you mentioned it was Monday. I would had gone all day thinking today was Tuesday, not that it makes any difference. We have used the plate like thing that flowering pots were put on for birdbaths and sometimes with the short circulat tomato cages. We also put a rock in the center for the butterflies to get a drink.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Happy Birthday to Art
Pre-surgery meeting this AM went well with a list of things needed to prepare for our session with the surgeon, a description of the procedure and the post-operative things like follow up physical therapy at home and at the hospital. That was followed by a meeting with the surgeon's PA who went over the next steps leading up to, during and after the surgery and a quick visit to the lab for some more tests.
That pretty much summed up our whole morning and now it is time to relax. See the dermatologist tomorrow about the spot on my cheek that needs to be treated. Tomorrow night we have our regular cribbage match and hope we will do better.
Now that the basketball season has ended, it seems that the Red Sox have gone from a win one/lose one record to an actual winning streak so perhaps Boston sports fans will actually have something to root for over the next couple of months.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Art sends his Thank You’s for all the B-Day wishes. :clap002:

Lee: How did Lu-Ann fair with her MRI results for her knee?
And how is her wrist feeling these days.

Bill: Good to read that you’re all set for that surgery re-do. Nice to know they have you talk to so many people. Good luck at the Dermo.

Congrats to the Florida Panthers on winning the Stanley Cup! It was a fantastic game to watch!

Art’s Birthday Group Bike Ride will be touch and go. We’re suppose to get a STORM coming through in the morning. Time will tell if the BROWNIE’s will have to until Thursday’s

Just heard that postage stamps are going up from $.68 to $.73 cents. CRAZY! And they still loose your mail all the time. :frowning::smilie9: Time to buy another supply of FOREVER STAMPS!

Nite all.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hope you found a way to cool off, KC. You do know where the ON button is on your air conditioner, don't you? :)

Lee; That humidity can be the killer. My Tuscon daughter usually has very little, which is why she can handle high temperatures in the 90's better than we can the 80's with our high humidity. Speaking of which, when I talked to her she mentioned that they are getting clobbered with Cicadas. Says that they are really LOUD. We haven't had any around here.

We picked up some watermelon flavored Mountain Dew yesterday at the grocery store yesterday, K2. It wasn't on our grocery list.......and never will be. Tastes horrible. Nothing at all like watermelon. At least the store was quiet like we expected.

Mike I told Kathi that you requested a picture of the birdhouses, so she took one. Now all she needs to do is post it.

Refresh my bad memory Bill and say what your surgery is for. My brain says it has to do with hip surgery, but I'm not sure.

It's gonna be a me and the hounds this morning. Kathi's going for one of those melon-smashing tests. Luckily it's right here in town.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning.
Like Kathie’s neck of the woods we too are expecting a day of unsettled weather. Along with a return to high humidex readings. Geez, I’m sounding more like a weather presenter every day.
Good to hear that everything is lining up for your surgery Bill.

The dance classes weren’t traditional Mike. They were geared towards all levels of Parkinson’s patients. Sadly, by yesterday’s week 4 and final session of this series there were only five of us left.
Hopefully you had a cool sit under the fan, beverage in hand, Karen.
Thanks for asking about my sweetie’s aches and pains Kathie. The wrist is the easy one. It is doing pretty well. The MRI revealed a slight tear in the meniscus, a little arthritis and a couple of issues where the IT band connects to the knee area. Because of her dyskinesia, the involuntary and uncontrollable twisting of her leg because of PD, Dr. Woodall is hesitant to try anything invasive like he may normally do. For the time being it’s back to physio which we can now target the meniscus area. We have a follow up in three months at which time we may consider other options.
Low humidity in both heat and cold makes such a difference Dave. Well, at least you have some Watermelon Mountain Dew to give the first few trick or treaters this Halloween. :smilehn:
Off to the Navy Yard early. Then we’re picking up our friend Lisa and heading in to a little breakfast place in Windsor.
You fine folks all have a fantastic Tuesday.

A’Burg Guy

Great, colourful bird houses Kathi!
Here is a pic from our walk along The River this morning. One of the Viking Great Lakes cruise ships heading to Windsor / Detroit.
IMG_7160.jpeg

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good WET morning Wrabbits!
Thunder, a tad of lightening and RAIN right now.
Going to keep this short and close it down.

Art just got back from the Big Park where, of course due to weather conditions, the B-Day ride was cancelled! They'll do it Thursday. At least they didn't start out and end up biking BACK to the park in the RAIN. All is good.

DAVE/ KATHI: Thanks for posting the beautiful BIRD HOUSES. WOW. Nice job. They're so cute. :clap002: :clap002: :clap002: :clap002:

Lee: Sorry the news from the MRI wasn't a little better, but at least she knows what's going on and didn't have to wait months to find out. Now hopefully the Physical therapy will help ease some of the issues.
ALWAYS SOMETHING!
Love the picture of the Cruise ship coming in at the mouth of the river. How special to be there to see that. I understand that's a rather EXPENSIVE CRUISE around the Great Lakes. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Karen: Hope all is good with you and your sisters. Hope you're chilling a little more than you usually do with it being SUMMER and HOT! Hope your Dermo appt went well too.

Bill: How did you do at the Dermo? Hope they didn't over-due anything while tending to your skin issue on your face.

I'm out of here for now. Another Thunder just went off. Speaking of going off.......the BIG FIREWORKS in downtown Detroit got a real break this year WEATHER-WISE. Sure glad it wasn't planned for tonight! I guess it got fantastic reviews for SAFETY and everyone behaved themselves. Belle Isle (Lee will know about this place) was closed down at 6:15 pm because it was at CAPASITY. Some of those people were there with their picnic and BBQ's going ALL DAY. The
FIREWORKS don't start until 10:00 pm. Long day, but they showed people with tons of food.

Later gang. DARK outside BIG TIME.

A’Burg Guy

It was similar on this side of The River last night too Kathie. Some roads were supposed to be closed starting at 6:00 pm but for safety reasons they started to close them around 3:30. Too bad the guy’s had their bike ride cancelled but good for them watching the skies. We are now under a wind warning on the heels of the severe thunderstorm warnings that gripped the area this morning.
Breakfast at The Twisted Apron was excellent! From the server to the coffee to the food. To paraphrase Arnold ”We’ll be back”…

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: I showed the Cruise Ship pictures to Art and he said THANK YOU for sharing them. And WHAT A VIEW YOU HAD!
He wanted you to keep a close eye out for these ever coming through! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Season One Pirates GIF by Sea of Thieves

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Surgery is for a full hip replacement, (left hip) and is scheduled for July 17th.
Dermatologist appointment was quick and relatively painless and I need not return until
late August. I must say that none of my doctors' visits involve a long wait. Almost as soon as I check in I am taken to the examining room and the doctor is in to see me almost immediately. I sometimes bring my Kindle With me to fill the waiting time but I rarely, if ever, open it.
Tomorrow promises to be a scorcher so I doubt I will be venturing out.
Wish us luck at cribbage this evening!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bill: So your scheduled Total Hip Replacement (Left) is this the 1st time for this hip or is this to make corrections from your previous hip surgery? Asking for a friend! (Dave):emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Wednesday morning, Bunnies!

Keeping it short this morning, since I'm not sure this computer is going to work. It started to act up yesterday.

Early day for Kathi. She got volunteered to take a granddaughter to her 7:15 orthodontist appointment.

YES 7:15 AM!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Good Morning GIF by DINOSALLY

Geez, I just missed DAVE! Hope your computer holds out for you guys!

I got volunteered to watch Manny on Thursday! Amazing how we can come in "handy" when we least expect it! I guess all the humans will be OUT of the House and they have a PAINTER doing.......what else.......PAINTING and they want me to watch Manny! Should be a fun day! :emoticon 0100 smile:

I fell asleep on the couch and now am working my way back to the bedroom. I think it's going to be one of those long days!

You all have a good day, as I yawn! :emoticon 0113 sleepy::emoticon 0113 sleepy::emoticon 0113 sleepy::sign havefun:

A’Burg Guy

Good morning everyone.
I remember when I was young and went to bed at 5:00 am Kathie. Of course I hadn’t been napping on the couch until then. That should be fun keeping a curious Manny out of the painters way.
That’s some early appointment Dave. But, I guess with people working and kids going to school it makes good sense. Like auto service departments having appointments until midnight a couple of times a week!
I’m not sure what the day will bring. The sky was absolutely scarlet first thing which usually suggests rain ahead.
Whatever the weather decides where all of you are, have a wonderful day!

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
It is the second operation on the left hip. I broke it in a fall about 4 years ago and a partial replacement has deteriorated and so a total hip replacement is needed. Apparently some of the cement used in the first surgery has deteriorated and is the reason for my pain.
Luck was
definitely a lady last night at cribbage, Lee and we took 3 of the 5 matches including a skunk so we ended up with 7 points to our opponents 4. The team which is ahead of us took 8 points from their opponents so they are one more point ahead of us than they were at the beginning of the evening. We will all be taking a break from cribbage next week and will resume the following week.
Stay cool everyone!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
We got a sprinkle of RAIN here about 1 hour ago, 12:30 pm. It's MUGGY BIG TIME today!

Bill: Amazing how even cement used surgically can deteriorate. Hoping that this next surgery will have some newer type of cement and ease your pain. All the best on July 17th!

Karen: How you doing down your way girl?

Still tired from NOT getting a full nights sleep. Sure wish I was a NAP person. Just doesn't work for me. :confused:

Later gang.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
I remember coming home one morning just in time to see my Father go to work. I figures if I could work that late I could stay up with friends that late. My father wasn't too happy. In the summer I would sleep outside on our porch, no one knew what time I would get home. I still think fondly of the times a group of us boys would sit around and talk all night long; Tues night the good bowlers would bowl for money until late in t he morning and they would always want me to be the pin setter.
K2 . Fay has the same problem as you. She was up half the night last night, went back to bed about 9. It rained sometime after that. I think it was a pretty good rain, everything is soaked.
Bill, I hope your next surgery will be a more permanet fix,
Kick the darn thing Dave. That never worked for me when I would hit it.
Thanks for the video Lee, did you read the comments after the song?