Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
This was a do nothing day. I usually don't do anything but if possible I did even less today. I did write a letter to a friend that I would dance with at the senior center.
K2, Fay picked a cherry tomato then we decided it wasn't ripe enough to eat but better get it before the squirrels do.
Today was another hot day as it will be tomorrow; we also still need rain. We don''t have the flowering plants and garden that we used to have so we don't need to worry about taking a lot of time watering the plants.
Vero Beach was 9 degrees cooler that us yesterday. I can always come into the house to stay cool..I think the government suggested during the day set thermostat on 78 and at night 82. It may have been for one particular city. Have a good weekend.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good to hear from you Karen. Hope the Dermo got all the spots!
I always tell young folks that are planning on going into medicine to go into DERMOTOLOGY because you'll never be run out of patients and most the procedures are simple ones. I do know they do more extensive in hospital surgeries, but I bet that's not that often. It might even be a different specialty type of dermatology.
Good you keep on top of your skin check-ups.
Sounds like a EXCELLENT move on the cruise. I sleep with a "LumberJack" so I know what you mean! :eek:

Bill: Does that Duck Boat still go into the water? I know they had some mishaps way back when and I wasn't sure if they still do the water thing.

We just had ANOTHER NICE RAIN. Still haven't had to water our grass this year! :clap002:

I was on the phone with Verizon for over 1 hour having issues with getting messages on my Cell-Phone and connecting to my Verizon Online acct. I'm still not sure if it's working the right way. It wore me out to the point "I JUST DON'T CARE RIGHT NOW". :rolleyes:

I baked 3 - eight inch layers for Art's B-Day Cake. They all came out even. Amazing. I put Buttercream frosting on it and it's in the basement refrig. I want to make a Chocolate Ganache (it's like melted rich choc) to pour over the top but will do that on Sunday.

Out of here to go get a glass of my yummy TEA I made yesterday.

DAVE: You feeling any better than early this morning? (Friday)

Good Night GIF
Suppose to see a PINK MOON tonight. I think we'll miss it because of the rain. I'll look around 11 pm

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I enjoyed your video Lee of that old power plant being imploded. You could tell that the delay in the implosion made the news-lady think, " "Blow up, ALREADY!!!"

Thanks K2 for confirming to me that heat lightening does make noise. IF you are close enough to hear it. I'm figuring, "Ain't no way lightening can go off quietly".

On some Caribbean island we had a tour of the town and a dip in the ocean on one of those duck-boats. But for the life of me I can't remember when or where it was.

I'm thinking that this full moon is called The Strawberry Moon. Not from the color, but from it being strawberry picking time.

Yup, like the rest of you, I believe that the best doctor to be is a skin-doctor. You'll never run out of patients, especially us old farts that rarely if ever used sun-screen.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Just a quick “hello” this morning.
It felt warmer and wetter this morning than it has all week. I reckon it’s some of the residual heat in the ground that just keeps building.
Hopefully everyone who has seen the dermatologist gets excellent reports! I think it was Australia who came up with “slip, slop, slap years ago to try to convince people to cover up in the sun. Slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen and slap on a hat. Good advice.
OK, I‘m short on thoughts this morning so I’ll be on my way. Oh, sit down and stop applauding.
Have a wonderful Saturday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Sat morning Wrabbits!
Today’s heat is suppose to be ‘one’ of the worst of the week! :oops: :eek:

Mike: I hope you can open this video about ripening tomatoes. Tap on the 1st line to open it.

Thought of you when I saw it.

I’m off to Costco for some shampoo that is $10 off. It’s the brand I like. The last purchase of the same brand was in a
46 oz bottle. This time it’s in a 32 ox bottle. Everything costs more these days and you get LESS!

Have a COOL DAY if possible.

Later all.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
For this parade, the Duck boats did not go into the water (Charles River) but on ttheir regular routes they do. I believe that most if not all of the problems have occurred in other cities and Boston's are heavily regulated and regularly inspected so I don't believe that they have had any problems for quite awhile. We have done the tour both in Boston and in Portland, Maine and it has always been a fun time.
I've seen crowd estimates ranging from 1 to 2 million
spectators for the parade and based on what I could see on TV I would believe the higher number was likely correct .
This weekend will be relatively quiet except for a graduation party on Sunday for one of Rich and Dianne's grandkids and celebrating our grandson Brandon's birthday.
Monday will be an early one with an 8am appointment for a pre-surgery meeting and another session with the surgeon's assistant.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
REMIND me NEVER EVER to go to Costco on a SATURDAY and when the heat index (real feel) is 97F. The crowds were unreal, but I managed to get out of there with 4 items and didn't have to wait in a long check-out line. I had a list and stuck to it! Whew.

Did a stop at Kroger's and picked up a few things for tomorrow's B-Day celebration.
DARN IT's HOT out there! Like a furnace!
I picked up a carton of eggs and they must have never gotten on the check-out belt. I fear they were on the bottom shelf of the grocery cart or the guy behind me has them in his order! Anyways, I'm glad I have ENOUGH EGGS in the refrigerator to boil for the salad. I am NOT going out to the store again. MYSTERY of the MISSING EGGS. Sounds like a book.

I pulled the curtains in the spare bedroom. We have a pleated shade, but the thick curtains are doing a good job of keeping this room cool. The COMPUTER is in here, so it's important to keep it cool.

Bill: Have fun at the Grad party and Brandon's B-Day.
Good luck with our 8:00 am appt. Getting close to your surgery day for sure. It will all work out just fine. Too hot to go outside driving around, so you might as well get the surgery done and be INSIDE FOR A GOOD REASON! :emoticon 0115 inlove: Remind us of the actual surgery date again! ;)

Out of here to finish my Tim's coffee and then do some boiling of potatoes for tomorrows Potato Salad.

Cool Off Climate Change GIF by INTO ACTION

Floating Stop Motion GIF by Mighty Oak
This is KAREN in the Club Pool! She got a new floaty!

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
K2 we have done that but also added a sliced apple to the bag, don't know why now.
We had a Duck boat in Cinci and took a ride on it. Then we started to hear of the problems they were having, that took care ot the rides.
I still have my appt. with the dermatologist, He was a student of mine a long time ago. Lee, I slip on a shirt and slap on a hat, very seldom stay in the sun more than 1/2 hour.
Have fun celebrating your grandson's birthday Bill.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I'm TOO OLD for all this running around and shopping and cooking.
I must learn how to ORDER and PICK-UP! Ha Ha.
I swear I must have thought Mamma Bear at least 10 times today while I was in the kitchen!
I still remember her DOING ALL THAT COOKING for EVERYONE almost every other night.
That woman sure did like to feed her gang!

It's still 79F at 10:25 pm Saturday night. I don't even want to know what the Real Feel is like.

Gotta go put my feet up. Standing just a TAD TOO MUCH all day.

Have a blessed Sunday Hutch Mates! Speaking of the "Hutch". Sure glad we have A/C in here.

Summer Camp Island GIF by Cartoon Network

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning Bunnies!

DANG, it was a hot and muggy here yesterday. The weather folks say we're under a "heat dome". Although I heard one fella say that the only heat-dome he was familiar with was the one his grandmother sat under at the beauty parlor. :)

"Slip, slop, slap". And interesting way to remember how to protect yourself from the sun, Lee.

One to two million sports fans headed to Boston to celebrate, Bill? Sounds like it was a great time to leave Boston.

K2; That video of putting tomatoes in a paper bag to help them ripen was real interesting. Never heard of that before.

If you ever remember why you added a sliced apple to the paper bag, Mike, I'd be interested to know.

Yesterday we had the 2 oldest kids of the "Herd" over to put together and paint 4 birdhouses. Both autistic. Kathi helped them put the birdhouses together, and my job was to fix & adjust things when they didn't follow the instructions that came with them. (Including Kathi.)

Right now the paint on them is drying, and in a day or two they'll take them over to the assisted living place Kathi's Dad was at. There they'll hang them on trees in the open courtyards.

A’Burg Guy

Another “foggy” start to my day. I’m sure it has to do with the week long heat and humidity. It just seems to drain you. We are getting a pretty good rain right now that is supposed to last for a couple of hours.
Lu-Ann felt bad for the little birds here yesterday too Dave. So off we trundled mid afternoon to pick up a small bird bath for the back yard. She has a bird house that is occupied from spring until fall with different kinds of birds.
I can guarantee that Canadian Tire, where we got the bird bath, wasn’t nearly as busy as your trip to Costco Kathie. You are one brave lady to head to Costco at that time of day! You may have mentioned but what number is this for Art? Enjoy your day with the family and don’t forget a picture of your cake!
I know what you mean about cruise line pricing Karen. But the same goes for all vacation options. I don’t know how families afford it these days.
I think a paper bag is the go to way to ripen some fruit and veg Mike. I suspect it has to do with keeping the “gasses” that they give off close making things ripen faster.

I suspect that whichever team wins Lord Stanley’s Cup will generate parties and parades that will come close to The Celtic’s celebrations Bill. I’m still gobsmacked by any auto service costing less than a crisp Ulysses S Grant!
Surprise. Rain has stopped for a bit so I’ll try to get Ava around the block. She enjoyed her trip to pet friendly Canadian Tire with us but we can tell even she, like us, is getting bored with the heat.
OK, having rambled on (cabin fever perhaps?) we’re off.
Each and every one of you have a fantastic Sunday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Sunday morning! And YUP.... another HOT ONE on TAP! Heat Index at 9:00 am 91F :eek:

DAVE/MIKE:
I think you put a SLICE of APPLE in the bag that has the HARD BROWN SUGAR clumps to make it SOFT again!

LEE: Art is going to be "84" and still doing those hills! Just slower
biker GIF

Okay folks, have a FANTASTIC HOT SUNDAY. I've got lots of work to do.
Right now I need a fresh cup of COFFEE! Join me for one!

Good Morning Delivery GIF by Berk's Beans Coffee
Coffee Time GIF by Emilia Desert

A’Burg Guy

I thought there were two ways to soften brown sugar Kathie. I slice of bread in an air tight container or, the he-man’s way…a hammer. :emoticon 0140 rofl:
Thanks for the update on Art‘s birthday number tomorrow. He sure doesn’t look or act his age. And that is meant as a compliment.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Peddling a bike up a hill, that is great. I can't even ride a bike any more. A picture of your gang would be nice K2.
When we went to Boston Bill, I had to get a picture of me standing in front of the Ted Williams statue.
Speaking of pictures Dave, take a picture of the birdhouses and post it.
We got about a dozen drops or rain Lee, I imagine now it will get very humid.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Family Birthday dinner went off without a hitch! Everyone had enough to eat and to take some home too!

Mike: We are so bad at forgetting to get a family picture. Did get some of the Birthday boy.
One of the gifts I got Art was a Ball Cap with the name of the ship Art was on in the Navy, and a embroidered picture of the ship too. On the back of the cap it will have “Anderson”. It should be here in a few weeks. I gave him a picture of it in his card! He thought that was a neat gift!
IMG_0938.jpegIMG_0941.jpegIMG_0931.jpeg

Heat finally lowered to a cooker level, but the HUMIDITY is still hanging in there!

Lee: The BIG FIREWORKS is Monday Night! Wondering if you can see them from somewhere across the river?
Belle Isle will be closing early for viewers. We use to go down to what is now called Hart Plaza with blankets and watch the fireworks right by the waters edge. Those were fun times!

You all have a good week.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good, good, good....This week returns our temperatures back to the normal range for this part of June. Not those sticky 90 plus degree days like last week. Today and tomorrow will top out at 80.

Very nice of you Lee getting a bird bath for the birdies. I always enjoyed watching the little birds playing in someone's bird-bath, as a kid. But you don't see too many of them now-a-days.

Happy 84th birthday to Art. It's nice to hear he still enjoys riding a bike.

Mike; We too didn't get much rain yesterday. Today it should be even less. I'll mention to Kathi about posting a picture of the bird houses. I just have never gotten the hang of doing it, and have them actually show up.

Grocery shopping day. Being a Monday it should be pretty quiet there this morning.

A’Burg Guy

We interrupt our regularly scheduled post for the following announcement.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ART!
And now back to our regular programming.
Finally less than 70F on our walk. It should be really nice down by the river. I’d like to get the grass cut and some summer fertilizer down because they are calling for showers tomorrow. But…we have Lu-Ann’s MRI follow up this morning and the final PD dance class this afternoon.
I find that there doesn’t seem to be any time the grocery stores, Costco and so on aren’t busy these days Dave. Hope your trip is a quiet one.
I don’t think we can see too much of the fireworks display from here Kathie. I know they start to close off the Windsor waterfront early for viewing. It looks like a fun time and a great looking cake were had for Art’s party.
We didn’t get any rain at all yesterday here Mike but it was humid just the same. Just a couple of excessive heat days here and like Dave’s neck of the woods it should get back to more normal temperatures. Whatever the new “normal” looks like.
Hope all is well in Bellview and East Bridgewater.
Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning GIF by Dritan Alsela Coffee
Having a JAVA as I post! Good morning all. 72F and NICE outside.

Dave: Hope your shopping finds something NEW or something you really don't need in your grocery basket! Over here, Fri, Sat & Sunday's you get EXTRA fuel points and it's always crowded on those days. I don't think I ever tried a Mon or Tues to shop.

Thank you all for Art's B-day wishes. Not doing much today, but tomorrow he has his "Special" Birthday ride all picked out for his biker gang. One of the members of the group bakes a pan full of BROWNIES every time there is a Birthday in the group. They all sing and go all out on Birthday DAYS. Old folks having fun. Kind of fun. Art is the oldest in his bike group!
Not sure if that's a good or bad thing! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:
Part of Jill's gift to her Dad was 2 different kinds of SUNSCREEN! :clap002::emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Now to get him to use it.

I'm tired from all my running around and cooking for yesterday's family dinner. I should have invited 20 more people for all the work I did! Ha Ha.

Lee: It's best to keep your distance from all the parks and roads being closed down along the River-Sides. You folks on the other side of the water do have a lot of nice parks stretched out, but parking is very limited or non existent in some of them. They do a nice job of the landscaping in the parks with beautiful flowers.

Out of here for now. Enjoy the COOLER weather all you Northerners!

Karen: Did you get any Pool time in this weekend?

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, not a whole lot to gab about today, it's to stinky HOT I think my brain has melted!

Kathie, we did spend a couple hours in the pool on Sat. Nice looking party pictures, please wish Art a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! from me, my Mom's birthday was also June 24th

Hi to everyone else, I'm off to sit under the ceiling fan in the living room & cool off!