Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
While watching the Swim Trials I found this:
A group of abandoned SILOS in Saginaw, Michigan.
( with your “hand” facing toward you….Saginaw is close to the bottom of the thumb area. You all must know that Michigan is in the shape of a ‘Mitten’. Easy to tell people where cities, town, ext are)
The city collected $50,000 dollars to have a artist and his team come to Saginaw and make what was a eyesore a BEAUTY to BEHOLD! :clap002:

1718672558370.png

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Map
Reference Map of Michigan

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Yes we did make it into the 90's yesterday. But mid afternoon a severe thunderstorm came through the area with hail, and within an hour the temperature dropped to 80 degrees. Which made it nicer, but some areas of Massillon got their electric power knocked out. We kept ours but there was quite a bit of flickering during the storm. Luckily, within just a few hours their electricity was restored, and their air conditions could go back into action.

Lee, that was interesting about all the local names they use for the same thing. "Real Feel Temperature". As for my daughter topping off the gas tank of the car she used....Without looking I'm going to say yes because she always does. Even though I tell he to forget about it.

K2; That's a cool idea, getting a baseball cap made for Art that has his old ship's name and number on it. (Make it 2, for when the first one gets filthy.) As for my Arizona daughter's ability to get neat stuff for Kathi and me....... She knows Massillon and she knows our likes and dislikes. And almost all stores even in bergs like ours has a web page where you can order stuff and have them deliver it. She even adds a tip on her order for the delivery person. From food to flowers. REALLY cool painting of those silos!

I agree with you Bill that it's easier to cool down when you're hot than it is to warm up when feeling cold. That cold seems to get into my bones.

Get your "toy" together, KC? I'm curious if it's stand-alone shelves, or the kind you hang on the wall. Like you did at your Saturday night picnic, we've all had eyes bigger than our stomachs at times.

Nothing big on our schedule for today. Pretty much just winging it.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning.
Quite a nasty storm here last night.
Hope you are feeling up to snuff Karen. You brought the line from Shirley Temple’s Good Ship Lollipop to mind…”If you eat too much you’ll awake with a tummy ache”.
I have a note excusing me from the Pure Michigan exam Kathie. What a neat gift idea that hat.
Congratulations to you and your Boston Celtics Bill. Really, was there ever any doubt?
That’s a great idea about The Massillon Web Page Dave. It does seem you can get everything from soup to nuts.
I’m sure we, along with many of our other Navy Yard friends will be out earlier than usual today.
All of you have a good day and deal with the weather as best as you all can.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Congratulations to the Boston Celtic Bill!
Nba Playoffs Sport GIF by NBA
Winning Oh Yeah GIF by NBA

LEE: NOBODY gets excused from the Surprise Test. Sorry, your note is useless.
Hope you and Ava had a good early walk this morning. And hope the rain didn't damage anything in your area or your yard.

It's going to be another HOT/STEAMY one here today. We missed the rain, but it's still humid outside. 85F and climbing already.
Current weather
10:32 AM
Seeing different weather?
SunnyDayV3.svg
85°F
Sunny
Feels like
‎96°
Scattered light rain showers are expected. The high will reach 89° on this humid day.

Air quality

Wind
7 mph

Humidity
65%

I used our Portable Weber grill that is on a stand and sits inside the garage last night to warm up HUGE Burrito's our neighbor brought over to us. I rolled it out on the driveway where there is No SUN in the front of the house. I wasn't about to stand out on the deck at the big grill. Art got that Weber Grill & Stand as a reward for good attendance one year when he was still working at Ford's. It's perfect for 2 people.

Tonights dinner:
Yesterday I made us a nice good size POT of Chicken Veggie Soup with left over rotisserie chicken chopped into small cubes. The Red Cast Iron pot is in the refrig right now and will make a quick dinner for us tonight. YES, SOUP on a HOT DAY was what my grandmother use to serve us with bread. Hey, it's easy and the house won't be all hot today from cooking.

All you folks stay warm wherever you are.

I'm off to make a big batch of Y'All Iced Tea. Got the huge Tea Bags right from the South!
It's good tea if you follow the directions to a tee! (ha ha.... did you catch that play on words)

Later gang.
Oh one more thing.........my FOOL HUSBAND IS BIKING TODAY. Can you believe that. NUTS... all of them.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Here's a pic of my friend Pam from the picnic Sat. I'm not sure who that old lady is that photo bombed her
I think that Photo Bomb Lady is FANTASTIC! (Pam's not too bad either!)

Thanks for sharing, Karen. You look great.

We're at 90F at 1:00 pm REAL FEEL is 99F. :eek: o_O:p

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Thanks Kathie, that pic doesn't do Pam justice at all, with her hat & that pretty top she looked like a regular southern belle at the picnic & she's just as nice as she is pretty.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
There was never any doubt at this address, Lee, but it was nice to see that they finished off the series with a decisive win. Now we can all bask in their reflected glory. Haven't heard when the victory duck boat parade will be held but I imagine that the impending heat wave may cause it to be delayed until the weekend. They certainly will want to hold it before the players have all headed off to other locales. Watching the post game celebration inside and outside the Garden meant it was a later night than usual so I am moving a bit slowly today. Cribbage tonight and hoping the results will be better than last week's.
We are changing auto and home insurance to another company and are looking at a decent savings. It is probably a good idea to investigate different companies every couple of years. The last time we changed was several years ago and we had a significant savings and this change looks equally beneficial.

Have to bring the Prius in to the Toyota dealership for routine maintenance tomorrow . For a car that is almost 20 years old, it still gets nearly 50 mpg and has not had any significant issues in all that time.

A’Burg Guy

Humidex is sitting at 105.8 F! That sounds more like an FM station than a temperature!
I don’t think I’ll need a Michigan Mitten Kathie.

For a car that is almost 20 years old, it still gets nearly 50 mpg and has not had any significant issues in all that time.
I hope you knocked on wood after saying that Bill!
That’s a nice photo Karen. Why did Pam photobomb YOUR picture? :)

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Had a note t.yped in, hit a key or something and lost all of it. It will sometimes show up if I click out then get back in, tried it and it didn't work. We are very hot here 94 and may get hotter in a few days, don't think I'll wear my parka.
beautiful painting K2

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy Juneteenth, Bunnies!

Two 90 plus hot days down, and only 5 more to go according to the weather people. During this heat wave I've learned something. When it gets this hot and you mix in some high humidity it can create "Pop Up" storms. Quick thunderstorms loaded with rain that may last only a half and hour. And then disappear.

KC; That whole picture looks definitely like a lovely location for you two lovely southern belles. Very nice.

Enjoy your toasty day, Wabbits. :)

A’Burg Guy

Never mind a parka Mike, I am warm in shorts and a golf shirt. My moisture wicking clothes are working overtime!
I don’t recall the unpredictability and severity of summer storms like we’ve seen in our neck of the woods in the past Dave. Mom Nature is sure ticked at the world.
And that folks is about the extent of my thoughts so far for the day.
You all have a good one.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Good Morning GIF by DINOSALLY
Yup, MID-WEEK and HOT, HOT, HOT!

Art is off to the Dermatologist, and I stayed home. That office is so FREEZING COLD all the front desk gals where 'jackets'! Since the procedures take hours I really didn't feel like
'chilling out' sitting in there. I did that one year and know he'll be fine! ;) Wear your Sunscreen and sun-protection clothing if you're out in the elements or you could be next for the BIG DIG! o_O

Enjoy your day and stay inside. As I listen to the Air Conditioner coming on and off I can only imagine how much the next bill will be! YIKES. But I'd rather pay a high bill than be without the cool house. I still remember the year that the entire GRID went out in Canada and US around here and there not only wasn't any AIR Conditioning, but the street lights didn't work, and I was stuck in Windsor for hours before another nice man who I was talking with said he lived right across from our Subdivision and his wife was ready to deliver their 2nd child and he needed to get back home. My car had gas and his didn't. (remember the power was out and the gas station pumps were NOT working) After talking to him I realized I would be safer TRYING to drive home in the dark without any traffic lights working with him in the car than by myself. So off we went and his wife was thrilled when I dropped him off. I got to meet her and she truly was VERY PREGNANT and glad he was home.
Art, Jill, Mark, Ashley and Eric were in Canada camping at the Reserves just outside of Goderich.
It was one HOT WEEKEND! So, to end this long boring post, I really don't care how HIGH the next Electric bill is as long as I don't have to be without A/C! :emoticon 0115 inlove:

STAY COOL WRABBITS!
GIF by Chris Gannon

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Last night's results at cribbage were better than last week's but we still ended up on the wrong end of a 6-5 score. Skunking our opponents in one game was the only positive factor.
We have decided to change insurance companies for our auto and homeowner's coverage and will be saving about $500+ on the auto insurance alone.
Bringing the Prius in to the Toyota dealership this afternoon. Not sure how long it will take but their waiting room is comfortable and air conditioned so unless there will be a very
long wait I can sit there and catch up on my reading.
Take care in this severe heat wave and stay hydrated.

A’Burg Guy

A cool waiting room sounds like the place to be Bill. Now, I’m not psychic but I’m seeing about a $500 tab for the Prius service. Where would I get that idea?
Kathie, no matter the length of your posts, they always make me smile.
It was already warm down by The River at 8:20. My phone has been lighting up almost nonstop with heat warnings and heat related thunderstorm warnings since about 10:00.
It Was weather like this that made my job as a letter carrier a tough one. It also brought out the very best in my customers who either met me at their doors with cool water and sometimes bananas for the potassium. Except Old Mr Ross. I had to alter my afternoon delivery so I finished at his house. Why? Because he always wanted me to sit on his porch, chat and have a cold beer with him. I actually delivered to three generations of The Ross Family. They lived on three different streets on my route. His son said a couple of times how much his Dad enjoyed sharing a beer and some chat time. As did I.
Reminiscing. Now there’s a tune I always liked. Hope you do too.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBETVhHpcPk

Stay cool my friends.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
5:40 pm, Wednesday, and the REAL FEEL is 100F! Temp show 93F CRAZY.
And tomorrow is supposed to be even worse.

I made a big batch of Chicken Elbow Marconi Salad/with Romaine leaves to put it on. It's so HOT that I drove my car 4 houses from ours to give it to Vince, one of our Widower. That's pretty HOT outside.

I was able to catch my next-door neighbor before he closed his garage door and gave him a container with the same goodies that Vince got! Gotta keep these single guys nourished.

KAREN: I sure hope you're inside. Even though you're use to the HEAT it's just better to not stay outside too long.
Just looked up your REAL FEEL in Belleview.
88F temp and Real Feel... 93F
Bless you for making it through that kind of heat for months on end! :p