Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
LEE: I just saw on the
11 0’clock news that the Gordie Howe bridge is now CONNECTED!
I think only you and I on here can appreciate that huge accomplishment. It still has lots of work to be done. Should open for cars, bikes and people going across it in Sept of 2025!

11:25 pm and 62F. :eek: And to think next week we will be hitting 90’s!
75F -77F would be my Happy Temp!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Sounds like much of Florida has been turning into a lake, KC. It appears that your town got skipped by all the flooding.

Overpriced or not, that "Street Food" is yummy, Lee. You know it's yummy because your doctor would probably tell you not to eat them. So, which ones did you chow down on?

Mike & Bill, I know exactly what you mean when you say that our stamina isn't what it used to be. Heck, just yesterday I decided to do some vacuuming. Vacuum, for a few minutes, sit down for a few minutes.......Repeat.

K2; Looks like your effort of handing out water, chips and Gatorade was needed and appreciated during those hot basketball games. I'd bet your arms got quite the workout.

In a little bit we need to pick up my Virginia daughter and her hubby at the local airport. Akron/Canton. Less than 10 miles away. In today, out tomorrow. While here they get to use my car to also visit other relatives and friends.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning.
Lots of fun chatter from you all yesterday.
A cool 55F here which is good because at 7:30 I’m helping my neighbour, Raj, move about a yard of topsoil on to our front yard. He got way too much and between heat, rain and appointments today looks like a good morning to get the job done.
It may only be an I beam Kathie but it was a neat photo of the Canadian and American High Iron workers shaking hands.
IMG_1157.jpeg
Ribfest…Up and down the block at 4:30 as things were really just starting.
IMG_7154.jpegIMG_7153.jpeg
Next game Bill. You wanted a home win.
Enjoy your family visit Dave. That’s a long way for an overnighter!
Take care in that weather Karen.
Be glad the fish flies skip your area Mike. I think the ribber smoke helped keep them out of town last night.
Best get breakfast and get ready to haul dirt.
Be good everyone!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning! NOT!
I've been UP for quite a while. The one neighbor across the creek about 2 houses across from us let their HUGE 2 dogs out at around 7:00 a.m. and they did what they do the best.... BARKED and BARKED and BARKED. Not the dogs fault at all, it's the owner's fault for letting it go on for way too long. So much for trying to sleep in on a Saturday morning. Good thing I'm retired and Saturday is just another day. Always feel sorry for the working folks around the area that can't sleep in because of the noise!
(And YES, I was a dog owner for 14 yrs and never allowed that to happen)

DAVE: How nice to have your Virgina daughter pop in for a quick visit. Hope she takes real good care driving your car! :emoticon 0115 inlove: :sign havefun:

Lee:
Good luck with that topsoil hauling. The earlier the better since it's suppose to get HOT again today. You'll be done by the time I get finished posting this! :smiley24:
Thanks for posting the nice pictures of the "handshake". I actually teared up yesterday when I saw the Iron-Workers shaking hands. There was a picture and story about a young iron-worker and his 79 yr old Dad who is a iron-worker up on the bridge shaking hands and hugging each other. The dad was so proud that his son was following in his footsteps in doing iron work.

That's one heck of a "Rib-Fest Food Truck" set up in your town. Bet it smelled and tasted great.

The rest of you Wrabbits stay safe during the heat-wave if it comes into your town!

I need a 2nd cup of coffee! Help yourselves to some.... I made extra!
Germany Deutschland GIF by Dritan Alsela Coffee
Cup Of Coffee GIF by buddhabeanscoffee

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Not sure who those guys were who were wearing Celtics uniforms last night but perhaps it means that the home court will be the site of the final victory. Mavericks were clearly the better team on the court last night and showed why they made it to the finals. We'll see what happens Monday night.
Another cup of something sounds good at the moment.
We have another company rep coming today to talk about installing that walk-in tub. Should be interesting to compare their presentations and prices.
We are expecting some light showers today. Hope they don't interfere with the Rockland Day celebrations or the fireworks.
Dave, there are some days when my get up and go has just got up and went. Hoping today isn't one of them.
Going out to dinner tomorrow with Rita and the kids and grandkids to celebrate Father's Day.
Have a good one everyone.

A’Burg Guy

Hopefully the tub people will have something that works for you and Rita. Perhaps a case of “we got this“ over confidence on the part of The Celtics? I wish I could put an Apple Air Tag on my “get up and go” so if it does I can track it down. Enjoy your dinner with the family Bill!
We had the dirt done by about 10:00. Just as we were finishing up Avraj and Avlene came out with big ice cold glasses of lemonade for their Dad and I. They really are a super nice family and good neighbours.
We have had dogs all our married lives and we would never allow barking outdoors early or late in the day Kathie. Heck we didn’t allow it to go on throughout the day! That’s not how responsible pet owners do things. I did think of you when I stepped out with Ava last night around 10:00 and the smell of a wood fire was on the breeze.
I think there were five ribbers and one bloomin’ onion booth. Lot 10, a downtown brewery, had a patio set up. Add to all that it is Open Air Weekend (through Labour Day) and the town was starting to bustle! 1/2 rack of ribs with beans and slaw was $24. The onion, which we didn’t have, was $17.
I remember Momma Bunny always cheering for one of those stock car teams sponsored by Outback because if the team won the restaurant gave away free blooming onions if you were part of their loyalty program.
Lunch time. :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: Actually, not a bad price for the ribs in this day and age. Hope they were juicy! I could eat a 1/2 Rack myself, so I'd be buying 2 of those plates of ribs, etc.
I have a KINK in my neck/shoulder and it's driving me crazy. Just took a Extra Strength Tylenol to hopefully give me a slight break. I actually think it's working! :clap002:
I also, bought one of those handheld massage gizmo's at Costco the other day. Finally, plugged it in to charge it. It has HEAT & COOL feature, which is a upgrade from the one I borrowed from Jill when I was using it on my knee. Hope it proves worthy. If not.... good old Costco takes most everything back.
Off to the College Grad party. Later gang. PERFECT 76F and Sunny and no wind. Love it.

A’Burg Guy

Have a good evening at The Grad Party Kathie. They sure have a nice evening for it! Don’t you go mixin’ the contents of your college hip flask with that Tylenol. ;) We split a half rack because we’d had a nice big fresh salad for lunch.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Checking in to say good night, had a great time at the choir picnic this afternoon. Tom & Patrick have a beautiful home with a gorgeous view of the lake, some of us sat out on the end of the boat dock and the breeze coming off the water was just amazing.

I wanted to be the first to wish all our gread Dad's here a Happy Father's Day tomorrow, where your a kiddo's have 2 legs or 4 I know they are all lucky to have yo in their lives!

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
K2, Kc, Fay said Hi. We had a very pleasant evening; We were sitting in the front of our garage and one of our friends stopped. We chatted for about two hours and enjoyed every minute of it. We used to sit in front of the garage and within 1/2 hour there would be a group of people joining us. Hope you had a nice evening at the party Kathie. Hope t he kink is gone.
Lee, Our next door neighbor has a fairly large dog, may be part pittie. We get along fine but the neighbor leaves him out in the AM and the dog barks for the longest time. I think he is just barking at people walking by. He would bark at me while I was riding my lawn tractor, when I stopped and walked over to pet him he was fine, I guessing the noise from the mower hurt his ears.
En joy your visit with your daughter Dave.
Bill, my get up has long gone.
Kc, my nephew lives in Hudson F., will have to check to see if his is okay. He will be driving to Buffalo soon and is stopping here for a short visit.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy Father's Day all you daddies of 2 and 4 legged kids!

Now tell your damn kids to get off my lawn! :) And I'm like most dads, I just want to be left alone today.

I so enjoyed your pictures, Lee. Ain't no way I'd stand on that skinny I-beam. It's funny that you mentioned eating some of those ribs. My Arizona daughter is having some ribs delivered here today sometime between 11:30 and 12.

Hope that kink in your neck and shoulders is all gone by now, K2. I see that you've been a very good pet owner. I've come across so many people that aren't. Sad to hear about that shooting near Detroit yesterday. It never ends. And to top it off the Supreme Court has decided to make bump-stocks legal again. IDIOTS!

Bill; Any on-line betting for you on the Celtics?

It sounds cool sitting on the end of a boat dock, KC. In more than one way.

Mike; Meeting with people in front of your garage now sounds like the old houses with large front porches for a gathering place of friends.

I see that us northerners are starting our warmup to the 90's next week. Sucks to be an air conditioner repairman. BUT very profitable.

A’Burg Guy

Very pleasant start to the day. 60F and sunny. Soon enough the next few days are supposed to be ridiculously hot and humid.
Agreed. Just what in the he!! Is the Supreme Court thinking. And what sort of monster would shoot people at a water park? Or anywhere for that matter? I can be at your place by rib time if I get a move on Dave. :)
How are you doing after a very busy day Kathie?
Sitting on the dock of the bay. Hmmm, somebody should write a song about that Karen.
A few folks around here seem to convert their garages into “sittin’ space” Mike. If we sit out front on our small porch there’s always neighbours waving or stopping for a quick chat. My grandma’s house had a huge front porch which truly was a gathering place.
Did yesterday’s tub and shower presentation give you and Rita any thoughts or ideas Bill?
Not much else going on today. That I’m aware of anyway.
All of you have a fantastic day. And if you’re a Dad at all, enjoy it. It’s your day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Fathers Day GIF by motionartsmedia
Whether you have 2 legged kids or 4 legged pups or kitties I just want to wish you all a Happy Father's Day.

Dave: Neck is much better I used my new Sharper Image hand held massager and then I use the good old fashion "heating pad". Oh, and a Tylenol Extra Strength Arthritis tablet late yesterday. It's SO MUCH BETTER.
I must have missed seeing the INVITE to come over for RIBS. It's only about a 3.5 hr drive. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Art loved his new Drill. I think I'll mark down just how many times he actually uses it. Ha Ha.

I got my car washed through the $1.99 car wash. Too hot to do it myself. I just wanted the dust off of it. I came home and vacuumed out the inside and wiped the dashboard, seats and door jams. I have a few nasty sticky bugs on the front end, but I'm leaving them on there to see just what MIRACLE BOY - ERIC - uses to get them off! (we're celebrating Dad's day at Jill/Marks) so Eric can take a look at the bugs!

OKAY FOLKS, I DON'T WANT ANY OF YOU PEOPLE OUT IN THE HEAT THAT IS COMING EVERYONE'S WAY THIS WEEK. 97F and who knows what the REAL FEEL will be like.
I'm going to try and stay in the basement and do some DOCUMENT SHREADING. There's a TV, Refrig, Stove, couch/chairs, everything you need to stay cool.
I have the A/C on higher than normal today just to insure the place inside is cooling down. Lord help us if our Eleactric Company should shut off the power for some dumb reason.

In regards to the shooting too close to our area to handle, I pray for the children and adults that the shooter injured. The 8 yr old boy got hit in the head. Extra prayers he makes it without any lasting effects. His Mom and Dad were also shot. How horrible.

Be Safe this coming week Wrabbits. Stay inside. Read a Book.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
I hope everyone had a Happy Fathes Day, I know I sure did. It was in t h e 90s today, will be in the middle to upper 90s the next few days
K2, glad Art likes his new drill, how many jobs are you going to have him do. Glad your neck is better.
Lee, Dave, we have always enjoyed sitting in our front yard, then having people stopping for a chat. Over the years the people ahve changed but the friendship has remained the same. We have lived herer 50 years and we still enjoiy our chats with our neighbors.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Let's see, what's going on this week that I have to worry about? Not much, except a Friday doctor's appointment. Lawn guy should be here today, and sometime this week he and probably another person will trim all our bushes and hedges.

Wednesday we have "Juneteenth". (JUNE 19th.) I'm still getting adjusted to this newest National Holiday. Every year I have to scratch my head trying to remember what it's all about. And then I remember that it's the date when slaves in Texas finally got the word that they were now free. 2 years after it had become law. I guess cell phone service back in the eighteen hundreds really sucked. :)

What has gotten in to the heads of so many people? Mass shooting after mass shooting after mass shooting was happening all over the country over the weekend. Bad behavior and shooting has almost become normalized. Encouraged in no little part by the Buffoon.

Something tells me that almost all of us like ribs once in a while. Along with the ribs my daughter sent me yesterday there was hot wings, slices of pork, and lots of pulled-pork. Also included among the different sauces was a super hot one. Mighty potent. It's good, but I made sure I didn't put as much on my second bite.

You mentioned getting a carwash, K2. I got one too for my car the other day for when my Virginia daughter visited and used it. It sits outside so there's always dust and bird poop on it. It also cleaned off a bunch of green building up on it.

I learned that it's like a lot of people's sided houses. Most of that green accumulates on the north side of their houses as it does on the side of my car that faces north when parked. (The driver's side.)

A’Burg Guy

We’re expecting a week long run of hot temperatures with the Humidex running between 106F and 110F Mike. Glad you had a good Father’s Day too.
This morning Ava and I got a little wet. It had been raining but there was nothing at 5:45. It was overcast but no suggestion of any rain soon. We set off and, as always seems to happen, got to the furthest point from home when it started to rain. We picked up the pace and headed home after a shortened walk.

Weather. It has a language all its own. Around here we have “humidex” in the summer which is how hot it feels with humidity factored in. In winter we have “wind chill” which is how cold it feels with a stiff breeze. I notice Kathie often refers to “real feel” which seems to cover both hot and cold. Then there’s the whole Celsius and Fahrenheit thing.
That sounds like one fine BBQ delivery Dave. Good of you to have the car all tidy for her. Did she, as required by all rental companies, return the vehicle with the same amount of gas it had when she picked it up? ;)

You all have a great Monday and we’ll check in on you later.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Late Morning Wrabbits!

I've been sitting in this computer area and looking up Embroidery type Baseball caps. Want to get Art a Cap with the name of his ship on and the Number of on it (Hull #) for his Birthday. I've found a company that I actually talked to over the phone about it. I will have to cut out a picture and paste it into the B-Day card because it won't get here in time for his B-Day!
It's the thought that counts!. I figure that if he has a custom baseball type cap he might actually wear it more often and help avoid the "DIGGING" he will be going through this Wednesday! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Lee: I heard the rain really early this morning. Nice to wash off some of the Pollen off the trees. Bummer on you and Ava getting caught up in some rain on your morning walk.
Humidex --- Thanks for the explanation of that word. I've heard it said before, but never paid much attention to it. And yes, I go with "REAL FEEL" and cover both Hot & Cold! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Loved your line about returning the car FULL of GAS! Ha Ha.

DAVE: Sounds like that Father's Day gift for ARIZONA DAUGHTER was a hit. How does she find these places? Where did it ship from and how was it packaged to come in fresh? Enquiring minds want to know the facts buddy!

Mike: Hope you had a good Father's Day with your family. I think you said you were going out to dinner one of the weekend days.
STAY INSIDE these next few days. Not worth risking the humidity and heat that we'll all be getting!

Karen: Hope you had a good weekend and that Florida doesn't BURN UP from the heat. Good thing (I guess it's a good thing) the rains missed your area. I bet by now the area could use a little rain to keep the plants alive. Take care kiddo.

I need to fill my pill box up now and then check the flowers around the house before the REAL HEAT sets in by 2:00 pm. Yup, it's going to be in the 90's here for the next few days. Just too hot for me.

BE SAFE and use your SUNSCREEN or wear a hat and long sleeves.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Missed the fireworks on Saturday night because neither Rita nor I felt like driving to Rockland to watch them and it was much more comfortable staying home and relaxing.
We all had a nice Father's Day dinner yesterday afternoon and an enjoyable day.

Hoping that the Celtics can finish things off with a win tonight so that Boston sports fans can go back to watching the Red Sox play .500 baseball.
Looks like we will be getting that same heat wave that is coming to the rest of you later this week so we will be limiting our ventures outside to only the most necessary activities. Seems only a short while ago we were worrying about the cold and now it is heat. At least, iMO, it is easier to get cool when it is hot than to get warm when the cold gets into your bones, so as long as the AC keeps functioning, bring on the heat wave.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon! Nice to hear all you Dad's were properly "celebrated" yesterday!
Mike, neighbors stopping to chat is one of the things I enjoy about my neighborhood too, whether I'm sitting on the bench or working in the yard if I'm outside & someone is walking by they most always stop & say Hi!
Kathie, that sounds like a really neat gift for Art's birthday, you'll have to post a pic of it when it get's here. Refresh my memory, when is his birthday again? I'm thinking the 24th but not positive.
Dave, that was a short visit from the Va. daughter, but sometimes those are the best. Your Az daughter sure comes up with some VERY unique & appropriate gifts for you, I wish I had her knack for picking gifts like that.
Bill, it's true, there's no place like home & sometimes that's the just where we want to hang out & relax. Hope your team finishes the job tonight!
Lee, sorry you & Ava got caught it an unexpected rain shower, we have that happen occasionally here in Fl, it can be bright & sunny and all of a sudden it's pouring rain, while the sun is still shinning. We call the sun showers.
Yesterday was a quiet day around here, I think I over indulged a bit to much at the picnic Sat. night & my tummy wasn't being very kind to me yesterday morning so I missed church & the Father's Day breakfast. My friend Cookie was driving so when she came by to pick me up I sent my coffee cake with her. I had tried to call Deb to tell her I wasn't going to church & would walk the coffee cake down to her, but Cookie had already picked her up by that time.
Got a call from my sister Barb yesterday with the news that Amanda & Alyse would be flying down next month to surprise Jane for her birthday. Barb told her if she got medical clearance to come she would pay for their tickets. Jane will be super surprised!

Got my new shelves Sat. for my garage & when I opened them yesterday to put them together I noticed the boards for the shelf were so thin they were more like cardboard than wood. Took them back & re-ordered the ones I'd bought before, a little more money but they are good solid shelves.....and FedEx just dropped the new ones off at my front door. On Sat. they put the "lighter" box inside the garage, today they put the heavy one on the porch, go figure. And the garage door was open both times. Guess I will go see about putting my new "toy" together. Have a great day all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Okay, I know this is going to sound like a broken record, BUT MAN OH MAN it's 91F and it'd 8:03 P.M. on Monday evening. CRAZY for us Northerners.
If folks have a cottage in Upper Michigan they're in the 68 -70F temps.

I give you Florida folks a lot of credit for putting up with HIGH TEMPS longer than we ever have too!
Heat Wave Love GIF by Sexy Hair
CRAZY!

WATCH your Doggie's PAWS if you take them out for walks. Asphalt and Cement can do a real number on their soft paws. I already sent Jill a message to remind her. And I know she most likely read it and said to herself.... "DUH... I know that Mom"! Ha ha.

Karen: I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this.

Did any of you folks see that they built that Olympic size pool in the Indiana Football Stadium for the Olympic swimming try-outs. It was really neat to see a "fast forward video" on how it was done.
The trials are on TV tonight.

OKay, I need to get off this thing and check out the station for the swim trials.