Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
So, I BBQ’d us Costco all beef hot dogs for dinner. Taking up the Father Dave peanut butter challenge I put a little Jif on an end of my dog. You know what, it reminded me of the taste of peanut sauce in a beef stir fry. Not horrible but I’ll stick to the more traditional toppings.
In theory Kathie you are not allowed to bring back anything until you have been out of Canada for 24 hours. Of course there are further restrictions on fruit, meat and so on. Usually if it’s a reasonable amount the CBSA agent weighs the value of the goods against the possible duty and tariffs payable and waves you through. Unless you have alcohol and / or tobacco.

“Nothing planned for Tuesday”. Karen, knowing you that will change in a flash. Did vandals break the glass or was it a legitimate accident? Temps here are going to be way too hot and humid in the coming days so I don’t think you’d like them either.
As I recall Bill you have more than one grown child, don’t you. Make that trade, keep your arms and legs and enjoy that walk in tub / shower. ;)
Have a very good evening everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
BILL: Is this what you were talking about in regards to the TUB - SHOWER?
If it is, you would still have to Overcome the STEP getting INTO it and for tub use you’d have to sit with the door closed while waiting for it to fill up! :oops:

1718064786564.png
If you have the SPACE a Roll-IN or Step-less would be the way to go with a wall to wall nice size bench to sit on if necessary. It's all about SPACE and oh yeah….MONEY. Ha ha.:emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Lee, as far as I know it was either vandals or a homeless person, sadly we have quite a homeless population in the area. I'm not even sure where the box is on the building because even Rev. Lisa seemed surprised to hear that is what caused the electrical problem.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Come KAREN.... you know you just wanted to get out of church early! Admit it! Ha Ha

Okay Lee....this weather feels like your first month in Florida. It's 54F (C- 41) AT 9:25 pm :eek: :oops:

Last edited:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I see that you're the adventurous one Lee, in trying a hot dog topped with peanut butter. I really can't tell the difference between all beef or mystery meat ones. Truth be told, we always buy the Oscar Mayer brand because they come in resealable packages. So nice that your trip over the border went smoothly.

Yes K2, after the past couple of cold days we'll soon be complaining about how hot it is in the next few days. Our furnace did kick on yesterday.

KC; You do need to take today off and just stay inside in the air conditioning. When you mentioned that fire-box outside your church, you got me thinking. I can't remember the last time I saw one of those "break glass in case of fire" gadgets.

Be good to yourself and your Honey, Bill, and just get that walk-in tub and shower.

In the past I've mentioned that one of Kathi's sons has 8 kids. (So far.) With at least one kid in diapers for all the recent years their house has taken on an "Interesting" fragrance. Plus they've also got 3 indoor dogs.

Now it's going to get even more "interesting". One of their dogs just gave birth to 7 puppies.

If nothing else, we've learned neither man nor beast in that house has been FIXED. :)

A’Burg Guy

Not quite 50F as the day dawns. That is a couple of degrees warmer than the first couple of FL mornings Kathie. But we should be facing unbearable heat again in a few days. It’s just nuts!
On tap for today, Covid boosters. Seems in Ontario they are, for now, every 6 months for seniors and people at risk.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! We hope it’s a good one!
I can’t even begin to imagine the chaos in that home Dave. It sounds like the script in the making for a sitcom.
I wonder what whoever broke the alarm glass was hoping to accomplish Karen. But I always wonder that mindset when it comes to vandalism.
Hi to everyone else.
Have a great Tuesday!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Birthday GIF by Zhot Shotz
Happy Birthday MIKE. Wishing you many, many more! Enjoy your special day and have a extra piece of cake & Ice Cream!
There's no way anyone could TOP the Birthday Video from Lee & Lu-Ann to Mike. WOW, fantastic job!

DAVE: REALLY.... 7 puppies! Do they all walk around the place with oxygen masks on?
So, your furnace actually turned on! We had sweatshirts on all day. It's 60F here at 9:00 am.
The RISE of the HEAT WAVE is starting.

Speaking of HEAT WAVES. I was thrilled that the "orange-man" had to give his ridiculous speech in Las Vegas about Sharks and Boats cap-sizing and getting electrocuted in
105F+ temps! His Teleprompter wasn't working and he went crazy over it!
I saw on the news that people were walking out in groves during his speech. Just too hot to stand around and listen to him blab about himself and not tell you ONE THING about what he will do to make our country safer in these scary times.

Lee.... good for you guys getting the boosters. :clap002:

I don't have anything else for you.
I'm a tad down from sad news that a dear friend I've known since church camp and still am in content with lost her
47 yr old daughter to a unknown virus. She was a wife, mother of 4 children and a teacher and active in our Serbian church in the Ilinois area.
May she be at rest and may her family get through this horrible grief that is upon them now.

Enjoy your day folks and stay safe in whatever you do. :emoticon 0152 heart:

A’Burg Guy

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend's daughter Kathie. A loss its never right but more so when it's a younger person who should have many more years ahead of them.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Thanks Lee.
Got a update on Mark’s blood levels today and he’s now at 13.9 on the chart.
THAT REALLY GOOD. He was at 6 when he went into the hospital. Thanks to the Lord and prayers he’s getting back to his old self. :clap002:
Did you folks see that it’s 110 in Arizona. Dave, I hope your daughter has a GENERIC back up generator! :eek:

I went out to the Lake cottage today and it was perfect out there. PEACEFUL. Forgot my book and could have kicked myself.

6794800A-55B4-4459-9BE3-189D137E0844.jpegBA555B80-3DB8-40E7-8BAC-E047CFB6A53D.jpeg93980B59-0ADD-414C-A5B7-F0B796849F46.jpeg

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Thanks for the birthday wishes, I appreciate them plus the videos.
I like chili and lots of onions on my hot dogs. We have them every so often,
The past two nights have been cold. I woke up both nights shivering. The next ten days or so are going to be hot. I will get outside any enj0y some of the warm temps.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hump-Day Already?

Next week at this time we northerners just might be in the lower 90's. As of now they are forecasting four days in a row of 90 plus temperatures.

Yesterday it got to only 70 degrees, but it was sunny with no wind so it felt warm.

The 2 oldest sons of the "mob" were here helping us to weed and put down a bit of mulch yesterday. Both of them are autistic, but work well together even though communication with them can be difficult at times. Both teenagers and both at or above 6 feet tall.

They were here only a few hours before it was lunchtime, so Kathi took them to their choice, Arby's, and we ate it here.

Geesh, fast food isn't cheap. 4 sandwiches and 3 French Fries was $28. No drinks.

It reminded me of a hamburger franchise we had around here when I was in junior high called Burger Chef. I still remember their snappy little commercial where they sang about what you could get for a nickel and a dime. You could get a hamburger, or a milkshake or some French Fries.

Let's see here.......I'm trying to think of anything you can get now for a nickel and a dime.

Or.......was that a jingle for McDonals?

A’Burg Guy

Fast food maybe but it’s no longer cheap Dave. My earliest recollection of Micky D’s was about 20 cents for a burger.
Good morning everyone.

The fish flies or may flies are back. Annoying, crunchy if you walk on them and stinky. But they’re not here long and are a good thing. They indicate that the waters like The River and nearby lakes are pretty healthy. They’re drawn to light so street lamps, business signs and windows and white vehicles. Yes, they are everywhere.
IMG_1155.jpeg
Glad you had a good birthday Mike.
It looks like you were able to appreciate the birds and sounds at the lake Kathie.
I’m outta here for now. You all have a great Wednesday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Yup, it’s Hump Wednesday AGAIN!

Sunny and temps riding up here already. :emoticon 0116 evilgrin: Temps up into the 90’s this week and DOWN to the lower 70’s next week.
My Tomstoes aren’t going to like the up and down changes.

Dave: Well, nice to read that the 2 TALL grandsons came over and helped out with the mulch. I bet they were glad to get out of the zoo for a few hours. I’m thinking it’s about time for #9 to get cooking! :emoticon 0104 surprised:

I’m going to try and tackle the Sargents Crab tree out front this morning. Need to take an extra strength Tylenol first! Ha ha

A close family member set up a GoFundMe acct for the young mother that passed away that I mentioned to you. This was later last night and within hours it was up to $15,000+. Donations instead of sending flowers is always so much more sensible. Medical bills have to be high and with 4 children the Dad is going to need every dime. One of the daughters just graduated and is going on to college. It was nice to see names from all over the US that we all know donating. Most of us have know each other since our church camp days. Just saw a lot of them last week in Windsor at the Choir festival.

Enjoy your day and be safe out there.

LEE: This mornings walk had to a nice one with the sun peaking out and temps rising. Any freighters lately passing through?

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Wow….that is most likely to be the LAST time I trim that Sargents Crab tree out front. Moving the 7 step alum ladder was the easy part. :emoticon 0100 smile::emoticon 0110 tongueout:
It’s getting HOT out there already at 11:00 am! It’s days like this I wish I lived in a community with a Club Pool.

Art has the hard job of picking up the cuttings! Good thing he
actually doesn’t mind that job.

I was able to be chosen to pick up a new Ceramic Bundt Mold early this morning from our Neighborhood GIVE ONLY SITE. I always wanted a heavier Bundt Mold for my Blueberry Lemon recipe. Hope it works out!

I have a quick trip planned to Costco. It’s 4 miles STRAIGHT up the road from our subdivision. The issue is making a LEFT these days to get out of the sub. So many other roads with construction and folks using this road as a alternative makes it difficult. ONLY TO GET WORSE!
I’m rambling. Time for a quick shower.
Stay cool folks!

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Our house has two bathrooms, K2. One with a walk in shower and the other one (off the master bedroom) with a traditional tub which is almost impossible to get into or out of, considering our mobility issues. The picture you posted resembles the one that the salesman was touting but the step is much lower than the one shown. It also claims to fill and drain much quicker and has a number of features that make it attractive. We will probably see what other companies can offer and at what cost before we make a final decision.
After a week off, we return to a night of cribbage. So far we have been reasonably successful but there are still a number of weeks to go. However things turn out, it is always a pleasant evening out.
Boston Garden announced that they were offering tickets to watch the two games being
played in Dallas on the large screen for $18 and almost immediately sold out the entire arena. We'll watch the games on the large screen in our living room.
We are expecting to have our first 90 degree day on Friday. In the meantime temps are in the 70s and 80s. Hope that you are taking care as Florida experiences such extreme weather conditions, KC.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Guess everyone is either outside enjoying the warm weather or inside with the AC going enjoying a respite from the heat.
Cribbage was not
successful last night. We won the first game but lost the other four, though in two of those we ended up in deadhole so they were at least close. Here's hoping that the Celtics fare better in Dallas tonight.
Rita is out having lunch with her sisters and some of their cousins, so I will spend some time taking on some household chores that I have been neglecting.

A’Burg Guy

Just poking my head in to say "Hi". Because I can.
We popped up to Costco this morning to Kathie. We were there at 9:00 when they officially open and people were already leaving with full carts! Our early walk was nice, as was a little later wander after Costco down by The River.
I think that you and Rita have the right idea Bill. Save the $36 per couple and enjoy the games in the comfort of your own home. Just don't spill soda, snacks or adult beverages on the furniture or you'll have some more household chores.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
It is supposed to reach 90 degrees today. I think our temps are pretty much like yours Dave. Send your tall grandsons here, the people behind us let their ugly trees grow wild and tall and they are hanging over the fence and completely shading our garden. Maybe they can trim the branches. We cant reach up far enough to trim them so our garden is getting less t han six hours of sunlight. That changes the taste to the tomatoes and I can't grow gourds.
I want to cut the weeds that are growing what used to be our garden. I will use the riding mower
K2, I use to enjoy going to Costco then getting some freebees. We have bought and stil buy some foods from the freebees we tasted/
Thanks Lee, I had a very nice birthday. We don't get those kind of flies, seem like we get everything else.
Time to get out and mow t he weeds that are in the garden.

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Got in and out of Costco pretty quick. Topped off the GAS TANK for $3.06 a gallon while I was there.
And MIKE.... I did sample some type of Protein drink and a Polish sausage on my rounds at Costco. They were just okay. But the Choc Covered Ice Cream sticks were really good. I'd have to bring my cooler with Ice packs in it if I bought those. They melt too fast even as close as I live to Costco.

Hope our KAREN is okay in Belleview. Sarasota and other gulf areas really got hit with some BIG TIME long lasting rain yesterday. Saw it on the news. Floods that shut down freeways and airports. :eek:

The GofundMe fund is growing. Up to $44,000 in less than 24 hours. Sure will help pay some of those hospital bills.

Okay, I'm out of here for tonight.
Need to think about a nice gift for Art for Father's Day. He did actually request a new hand drill for his upcoming B-Day. I'll have to check and see if there are any sales for Father's Day and get him something else for his B-Day.
Always Something to do! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme: