Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Just checking in to say Good morning! Work day at church today and it was HOT!! One lady got there at 6:20 to try & beat the heat, it was sooo muggy!

Lee, hope everything is ok with you & Lu-Ann, miss seeing chatty long posts from you.

Going to the pool later with my sister's, hope the clouds block a little of the blazing sun today!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I’ll try to keep my posts shorter and to the point Karen. ;)
CBSA has moved their possible labour action to Wednesday. Whew.
No discount pass for the bridge or tunnel Kathie. I just put it on your bill. :emoticon 0140 rofl:
Cemetery’s Dave. A place people are in no hurry to get to but are dying to get in.
Good start by your Celtics Bill.
Hope all is well in your little corner of the world Mike.
Be good folks.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Surprise visit from Jill and she was bearing a yummy gift!
We use to take her strawberry picking from the time she was little. And it’s paid off! :emoticon 0115 inlove: She now takes Ashley & Eric with her to
Pass on the tradition! They really love Raspberry IMG_0818.jpegseason the best.
These Strawberries are so sweet NO Sugar is needed!

red stripe

Staff Captain
We escaped from Canada..!in spite of the threat of a strike!

We had a great week . And we are now spoiled by temps in the 50s and 60s.

We flew into Buffalo and sis picked us up.
as Einstein is from the Rochester/ Buffalo area ( go Bills) , our first stop was to go to Bocci Club Pizza. And as usual, it was outstanding! Thank goodness we do not live up there, I would be buying new clothes!

After a great visit with family, it was time to head back across the border and fly back down to balmy Florida

But there is no way to leave from Buffalo without lunching at the Anchor Bar, home of the Original Buffalo Wings! Yum!

so we waddled onto the plane after wading through a 50 piece bucket of delicious chicken wings.

We arrived in Florida and it felt as if we walked into a sauna. Trying to figure out why we live here…..

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Oh goody, another sport I know nothing about is becoming popular here now. (That'll teach me not to watch the news.)

When I was growing up there was football, baseball, and basketball. Then soccer popped up out of nowhere. To which I thought, "What the Hell is that?". (Never mind that it's the most popular sport in the world.) And now there is a soccer field at almost all high schools.

Now Cricket is gaining popularity. The second most played game in the world. So once again I'm asking myself, "What the Hell is that?".

All these games that weren't a part of my youth.

I still think that Pickleball is nothing more than Lee's stripper name from his younger years. :)

K2; I think you made a lot of us crave some strawberries after viewing your picture. Those are in a plastic bowl, right?

Hope your pool-time was a success, KC. Do a lot of people make use of it, or not?

Happy that you had an enjoyable trip up north, Red Stripe.

Aiming to do a bit of weeding out front this morning.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
Back from our early morning walk before 6:00! Overcast, breezy and in the mid 50’s was sweatshirt weather for sure.
Geez Captain Red Stripe, now you have me longing for Anchor Bar wings. They were only about 90 minutes away when we lived in the Toronto area. Their pizza is pretty good too! I hope we as a country treated you well, eh.
You’re on to me Dave. And you should have seen my costume. Or not… ;) There seem to be more sports taking off that don’t require a king’s ransom worth of equipment to play.
Those berries looked good Kathie. The smaller they are they often have better flavour.
Karen, you had asked about a video from the PD dance class. It’s not a traditional, so far, type of dance class. Some of the participants are seated but bless their hearts they are there “moving and shaking“ to the tunes. Lu-Ann and I are learning moves to a Mambo Number 5 routine. Which seems like a good Sunday morning tune.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_LN3XEcnw

Resting up for tonight’s game Bill?
Have a great day everyone.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Oh goody, another sport I know nothing about is becoming popular here now. (That'll teach me not to watch the news.)

When I was growing up there was football, baseball, and basketball. Then soccer popped up out of nowhere. To which I thought, "What the Hell is that?". (Never mind that it's the most popular sport in the world.) And now there is a soccer field at almost all high schools.

Now Cricket is gaining popularity. The second most played game in the world. So once again I'm asking myself, "What the Hell is that?".
As a Brit.. I feel obligated to explain it to you…

Cricket:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

Simple really...

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Sunday morning all. (skipped church to be with you folks) Hmmmm!

Red Stripe: That Cricket explaination sounds a bit "In and Out"! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Glad you enjoyed your time away from the humidity and heat of Florida. Canada :canada: is a good choice I must say if you're trying to get away from the BS of the States these days!
Try Goderich next time. :emoticon 0100 smile:

DAVE POSTED: I still think that Pickleball is nothing more than Lee's stripper name from his younger years. :)
That had to be the best line of the week! Ha Ha. Oh how PAT would have added something to that line!
Miss our Mama Bunny and Tony.

Lee: Your video song choice was perfect. As with most of your music video posts I haven't heard that one in decades. It's a good foot tapper.

Mike: Did you and Fay ever do the Mambo at dance classes? I can see you turning your bride around and letting go of her hand and Fay spinning around a few times. Yup, don't deny it, I know you were a fantastic dance team.

Bill: You and Rita doing good over your way. The last few days and nights have been perfect sit out and enjoy the weather days. Well, it did rain a tad about 5:30 pm here, but it didn't last too long.

Our neighbor next door had his front and back re-landscaped yesterday. The team was there for awhile on Friday afternoon, but they started right at 7:30 am and didn't leave yesterday until around 5:00 pm .... right before the rain. It was like a PLANNED SOAKING for the new shrubs! Perfect timing. The backyard looks nice all finished off with shrubs and rocks around them. This team worked hard all day. Couldn't understand a word they were saying while I was balancing my checkbook on my deck, but they kept busy.
Hate to know how much that put them back to have all that done! Ha Ha.
Loop Pay Me GIF

That's it for me folks.

Karen.......jump in that pool for me next time you're at the Club. I think it's great you don't have to do all the work like you used to with your huge house pool years ago. Enjoy.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Just TRIED to enjoy my morning coffee out on the deck! Finished it and came inside!
YIKES.... it's cold out there for such a Sunny Day. Weather says it's 67F. Sure, maybe in Atlanta! I gave in after watching and listening to the birds and came inside! Brrr.

Enjoy your day Wrabbits!

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
I must have got the flu bug Thursday, felt terrible. I felt a little better Friday, took my shower and laid on the bed about 8:30, woke up about 10 Am the next morning but gradually felt better during the day. That is as close as I can remember. Yesterday, we had a birthday/anniversary party for Fay, her birthday will be the 14th (90), mine will be the 92nd for me later this week. Fay's two nieces came from Tenn. Fay was very pleased they came, they are the only relatives on her side of the family that are still living that she knows of. Every time Fay got up from her chair to help, someone would tell her to sit down. Needless to say, every one was taking good care of both of us.

A’Burg Guy

We took Ava for her walk by The River and then just Lu-Ann and I headed back down. We went to “FLOW” which is a nice bicycle / cafe to share a coffee and a muffin sitting by The River. Art may enjoy Flow if you’re back this way Kathie. Heavy Rescue 401 was on tv last evening. I remember Tony telling me that he and Benjamin used to watch that together. Tony was born and grew up not too far from a section of The 401.
It was cool but a perfect morning in the sun. I cut the front lawn after lunch and cleaned the bedroom window inside and out. Poor design I have to lift the one big window out to clean the outside of the screen side.
So as I understand it Capt. Red Stripe...Cricketer's play on a pitch but they don’t pitch the ball they bowl it but not on an alley instead on a pitch. The whole thing sounds like a bit of a sticky wicket to me. Which is a bad thing if you’re the bowler but a good thing if you’re the batter.

Who’s that? Hi Mike. We were wondering where you had gotten to. Lots of stuff going around so I’m glad that you’re over it. Congratulations and a very Happy Birthday to both you and Fay.
Early morning trip to Dearborn in the morning. Hope to pop in once we get home to check up on you all.
Better run.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Thanks for yoveur description of cricket, Red Stripe. As my grandmother might have said : It was as clear as mud".
Murder Mystery dinner yesterday was a lot of fun and
involved a good bit of audience participation. Based on yesterday's experience we have a good number of residents who excel at improvisation. A ham dinner with Delmonico potatoes, baked beans, brown bread and cornbread followed by apple pie and ice cream completed a fun filled afternoon.
You got it, Lee. Slept in a bit later than usual in anticipation of a possible late night as the Celtics go for a second win over the Mavericks. In the past three playoff series the only two games that the Celtics have lost have been Game Twos. Hoping that 2 remains the number of their losses and they can move on the Dallas with a chance to close out the series while there. Boston hasn't held a Duck parade for a couple of years so we are hopeful.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Monday morning Bunnies!

You've convinced me Red Stripe.......I want no part of Cricket.

Happy Birthday to Fay and you, Mike. Both aging like fine wines. Glad you got over that flu-like problem so quickly.

Your "Mambo No, 5" was a great way to start a day, Lee.

Glad your "Murder Mystery Dinner" went well, Bill. You definitely didn't leave still hungry.

Yikes K2, I can only imagine what it costs to have a whole team of landscapers for an entire day. Wearing a winter coat out on the deck this morning? :)

Hope you're able to stay cool today, KC.

Yesterday, we finally got around to trying a hot dog with peanut butter on it. Actually it's not bad, but I think I'll stick with ketchup and mustard. If you try this experiment I recommend that you don't use a lot of peanut butter. It tends to overwhelm the flavor of the hot dog.

A’Burg Guy

In the waiting room in beautiful Dearborn, MI. Trip over was quick! 40 minutes from our home to here including the US border. A delightful young lady in the booth.
Congrats to your Celtics Bill.
Good suggestion on going lighter on the PB for the hot dog Dave. All beef or mystery meat dog?
Heading to the grocery store from here and then home.
See you all later!
Have a fantastic Monday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits.

LEE/Lu-ANN.... so glad to hear your trip at the crossing was an easy quick one.
Hope the MRI doesn't sound too loud for Lu-Ann. (they never bothered me... thank goodness)
SAFE SHOPPING and hope the crossing back home is a smooth one too.

DAVE: You betcha I would have a WINTER COAT and PANTS on if I was crazy enough to go outside and have my breakfast/coffee. DIDN'T HAPPEN. It's now 10:00 a.m and the temp is up to 55F. GEEZ. But we can't complain, because the rest of the week going forward is going to start to get HOT again!

Karen:
I saw on the morning news that FLORIDA is going to get HIT WITH LOTS of RAIN. Raise up your patio flowers and make sure you have towels ready in case the water gets up past the doorway! :eek: Take care girl.

Bill:
Well, now don't you live in a really nice neighborhood. Sounds like the Murder Mystery was a hit. And the food sounds like it was good too. Does the food get catered in for the event. Sounds like you have an excellent exertainment committee over there.

DAVE:
I'm with you regarding Cricket. I watched it on TV one time for about 15 minutes and could never figure it out.
Now about that
Peanut Butter on a Hot Dog....that's just NOT RIGHT at all. YUK. You must have a stomach made out of cast iron.
Hope that Kathi is doing better and better with her cough and sinus issues.

Out of here for now. I'm going downstairs to do some sewing on a pair of my slacks. Hope it works. The place that does Alterations not far from here is PRICY to say the least and these slacks aren't worth paying a professional to do the work.

Enjoy your day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Birthday GIF
MIKE, I know it's a DAY early, but I wanted to make sure you started off your BIRTHDAY WEEK with much happiness. Enjoy the week!
We'll all wish FAY a happy birthday on FRIDAY, the 14th!

(hope I got this all right):emoticon 0115 inlove:

A’Burg Guy

Good afternoon folks!
And just like that it's like we never left. That included a stop at Panera Bread and Meijer's in Dave Allen Park.
The crossing in both directions was a breeze. Nobody ahead of us either going into the US or coming home to Canada. Our CBSA agent asked the value of goods we had and I told her $350 for an MRI and $22.88 in grocery stuff you can't get here or you can but it's stupid expensive. I didn't even get fuel because the needle never moved off of the full mark!
I had my shorts on but was glad that I had a light jacket! I put my sweatshirt back on when we got home to take Ava to The Navy Yard. Last Monday it was so hot you couldn't hardly stand it!
Weather. It is what it is.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, lot's of interesting chatter here the last couple days, now if I could only remember half of who said what! :emoticon 0100 smile:

Lee, glad your trip across the border was quick & easy. Praying for a good report for LuAnn's MRI. If only you could box up some of that cool air & ship it south I'd glady pay the postage.

Kathie, they've been saying for day's we are going to get rain, but so far next to nothing here. The heaviest rain forecast for today is in South Florida.

Mike, sorry to hear you got bit by the flu bug, but glad it was a somewhat quick recovery! Happy Birthday wishes to you & Fay!

Dave, I'll pass on the pnut butter hot dogs. I have to be in the mood to eat hot dogs & then it's with catsup & a little relish. Glad to hear Kathi is finally starting to feel better!

Red Stripe, sounds like you had a nice trip north & out of this heat for a few days. It's always nice to enjoy some local cuisine too! No clue what you said about cricket playing, the only cricket I understand is the disney character.

Bill, that sounds like quite a fancy evening out for you & Rita, we had a murder mystery dinner here a few years ago for New Years Eve, I wouldn't say it was quite that entertaining though

It's been a wild couple days here. Yesterday morning there was no power at all in the main church so the 8 & 9:15 mass's were held in the Parish Hall. Turns out we have a "fire box" outside with a button in it that when the glass is broken it cuts off all the power to the building. Sometime between Sat. after the ground crew left & Sunday morning someone broke the glass. The power company was able to get it up & running in time for the 10:30 mass.
This morning I went over to plant a couple shrubs that Carmen had brought Sat. to plant, but we were so hot & tired when we got done that I said I'd plant them this morning. Jim & Phil a couple guys from the GC were there working on the sprinklers so it was nice having someone around while I worked
Worked in the garage a bit this afternoon trying to get it organized, but it was so hot I didn't last long.
Tomorrow is mowing day for Jane, unless it's raining, if so I have NOTHING planned for Tues, YAY!! And that's about it from Sunny HOT Florida!

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Another day, another doctor's appointment. At least I don't have to see this one for another 6 months.
Resident volunteers prepare and serve most of the food at the HOA dinners and no one who attends should ever leave hungry.
Celtics won game 2 but it was a lot closer than the 1st game. Now they need to win on their opponents court in Dallas and if they win the next two games, they will win their 18th Championship banner.
We had a salesman come to the house today to make a presentation on installing a walk-in tub and shower. If we could offer up our first born child or part with an arm and a leg, we might be able to afford it.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
KAREN: I’m dripping from sweat just reading your HOT TEMP Post! Folks must get up at 6 am and start their outdoor chores to TRY and avoid the heat of the day. Just be careful out there ….we don’t want you have Heat Stroke. :emoticon 0101 sadsmile:

LEE: So good to hear your trip to and from for the MRI was smooth going.
Now tell me something…..how much “money-wise” can you bring back with you on a short day trip across the border. I only ask because I would have thought you guys would have stocked up on more Non-parishables!
I think the charge for the MRI was really reasonable. At least Lu-Ann will get a answer for her knee issues quicker than waiting for a free one. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do what you have to do.

BILL: I bet you could remodel your entire bathroom with a step-free entry to a shower for what they want for a walk-in tub shower.
They should build homes with Step-free bathroom shower area with a sturdy built in fold down seat or enough room for a wheelchair.
Off to make dinner. Finally getting a TAD warmer her at 6:00 pm. Ha ha.
We’ll be complaining about the high 85+ coming by mid-week.

ALWAYS SOMETHING! Ha ha.