Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Most coffee shops are like that Kathie. For some reason one always stands out above the rest in the same town. Our Tim’s is the best. It can also be the worst. Believe it or not it’s the only one we have.
I took advantage of a cooler evening to get the back lawn trimmed and cut. That’ll free up a little time for “me” tomorrow.

Who just popped by?
Hi Karen. Pics are always appreciated. :)
Have a good evening all. Hope Father Dave has been here when we all check in in the morning.

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
Very nice picture Dave but where are you?
K2 I used to keep some tools behind the seat in my truck. No one had ever bothered them. Maybe because the truck was so beat up they didin't bother it. I was going to give my son some of my tools. He has t he same tools only battery operated instead of the cord.
Lee, I am the same way . I will sing songs that I haven't heard for years, usually the first line or so or a song willl just pop into my head.
Kc, take the pictures and post them. I alway like pictures.
A great way to spend t he after noon Bill. It has been years since I went to a pig roast. When I lived near Cleveland our neighbor had a pig roast. He dug a hole and did it some how.
Our friend were here this evening, we always enjoy and appreciate them coming over. We have been getting together about 40 years.

A’Burg Guy

A clear cooler start to this morning.
I often wonder how we managed projects with corded tools Mike.
Hoped to see Dave’s early mornin’ post when I checked in. I may bring in The Mounties!
Spying Kevin Mcgarry GIF by Hallmark Channel

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I'm back. Not feeling well yesterday morning. Gut problems. And still feeling a bit off this morning. Can't figure out what caused it.

So it's a quick HI & BYE this morning.

A bed is calling my name.

A’Burg Guy

Once again it seems The RCMP always get their man.
Thanks for checking in Dave. Hope you get over whatever it is that has upset things.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
GOID TO HEAR FROM YOU FR DAVE!
Perhaps it’s the Tabasco Sauce on the spicy sausages you have for breakfast that has your Tummy upset! Try some Rice Krispies with milk for a few days.
Hope you feel better buddy!

Nice hear on the deck early this morning….until the SUNDAY cut the lawn folks came out in full force. :eek:

Good day for a drive to the water in Port Huron.

Have a safe and fun day.

I took part in KAREN’s church service this morning. Very nice!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Spelling was horrible this morning! Ha Ha.
Hope you all could read through my mistakes!
Must have been the LAWN MOWERS NOISE that made me make all the mistakes.

Happy Sunday GIF

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
I don't need lawn mower noise to make any mistakes, I can do it all alone.:(
Hope you are feeling better soon Dave.
Lee, spent half the time moving the cord out of the wa y, if I didn't I would spend have t he time repairing the cord. I have an 100 foot coud that needs repaired. I't been needing repair all summer.
A cool 88 degrees today, was going to mow the weed in what used to be our garden, will wait for a little bit cooler.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Moan-Day morning, Bunnies!

Let's HOPE people are finally running out of fireworks to annoy me and the dogs. At least they were nice enough to shut their blasting down by 11 or 12 at night.

Yes Lee, the Mounties did find me. But they wouldn't let me get on any of their horsies. Must have seen my driving.

KC; And the pictures of your decorations in the parish hall are WHERE???

So glad to hear you're making good use of that deck, K2. I see so many people that spend a fortune on a deck or pool, and then after a couple of years pretty much ignore them.

Add me to the list of people, Mike, that has songs just pop up in my head. Usually the sound of the song, but not much of the lyrics.

Bill; That's so nice that your community foots the bill for a couple of annual events for the residents. So how was the pig roast?

Today's road trip is finding a hospital closer to Cleveland that we've never been to before. But it's where I have 3 or 4 tests on my legs this Thursday. Kind of a reconnaissance run, so we don't get lost or late for my appointments that day. It's going to be about 3 hours of testing.

Just hope my gut holds together by then. Better now, but not yet back to normal.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
Funny enough, or not, we do the same thing if we have an appointment at a new place Dave. Mostly, if it’s in a professional building, to find parking. Good that you’re feeling a tad better.
I had a 100’ cord for the electric lawn mower when we moved in to our old house Mike. It wasn’t long before I had a 60’ and a 40’. :eek: Now I have a lawnmower, string trimmer, blower and drill that all use the same batteries!
It’s funny how the mind sees words or sentences and automatically flips them around to we can read them Kathie. Did you make it to Port Huron?
In spite of my best efforts I think we need to replace the flowers in the planters at the front. They get full afternoon sun just bake. Even daily watering and weekly feeding has been an uphill battle this year. But they did last for about 10 weeks.
Hi to the rest of you fine people and all of you have a great Monday.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Pic's as promised, 1st two are the parish hall & all the streamers I got to hang Sat, last pic is the backdrop in the church

Attachments

• P7070498.JPG
    P7070498.JPG
    533.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P7070496.JPG
    P7070496.JPG
    483.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P7070499.JPG
    P7070499.JPG
    665.8 KB · Views: 6

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Pig roast was a fun time and was well-attended. I stuck with the barbecue chicken, corn on the cob and passed on the pulled pork but heard that it was very good. Quiet weekend otherwise and except for one doctor's appointment and cribbage tomorrow this week's schedule is pretty empty.
The third walk-in tub salesman was here Friday morning and it was, once again, like dealing with a used car salesman, including when he had to "call his manager" to see if something could be done to convince us to sign up at this "one time
only special offer." Needless to say he went on his way without our signatures on anything,
Thanks for posting that rainbow picture, Dave.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Wrabbits! 94F here and the REAL FEEL has to even higher. Wow…it’s hot! Love it as long as I can cool off at times in the A/C.

Dave: If I were you I’d stay away from anything spicy until after your tests. Take some Anti-Acid pills if you have them.
Cream of wheat
Boiled white rice. Yes very bland, but it will give your stomach time to calm down.
No Sotas or booze for a few days. WATER and more WATER

Lee: We ended up going to Holly, MI to the Military cemetery to pay our respects to our childhood/life-long friend Ronnie! It’s one amazing place. And it felt like 100 degrees out there! Visited 2 other friends that are buried there too.

Stopped by the Lake cottage on the way home. Not a boat or human on the entire lake. I guess everyone had enough water sports over the holiday.

Then we stopped by to say Howdy to Eric at his work place. He spent a week in Tenn and we just wanted to tell him we missed him.

Then 2 miles further up from Eric’s job we stopped to say hello to Jill & her boss lady (a young kid compared to us) at the Chip factory.

We had stopped by to get a sample of Jill’s fresh baked sour dough bread when we first started out our day. So we got to see Jill 2 times today!

So, we put 105 mikes on the car and had a good day! Also had a nice Tim Horton coffee early this morning!

Tonight we will have a yummy Subway sub for dinner. Easy and cool.

Bill: Your Bbq Pig Roast sounds like it was perfect. Did the rain stop over your way?

Karen: Excellent job on the Bible school deco’s. Now to live through a bunch of wild and crazy kids! :D:clap002::smiley25:
You’ll do just fine! Bring a bag of Tootsie Pop suckers to keep them all quiet. Haha.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bill: Good for you and Rita NOT SIGNING any contracts for the “Tub with a Door”.
A good sales person should never push to have you sign on the line with any kind of “SPECIAL DEAL” story line! Geez. Send them all packing.

I still hope that you both have had a chance to actually SIT or get into one of these kind of tubs. They’re a tight fit.
If you do a remodel of your bathroom with a shower that has a bench seat built in with hand bars built in too and a sliding hand-held shower head you might be better off. You can get a walk in shower that has NO STEP. It would slant so the water would not spill into the rest of the bathroom. Also, if ever needed you could roll in a wheelchair or walker.
We’re looking into doing something like that in our main bathroom that has the USELESS Jacuzzi in it now.
I checked with our church friend who has been in Real Estate for decades and he said get rid of the tub idea and make one huge shower. That’s what people want these days.

Just wanted to pass these thoughts on to you both.

It’s 94f outside right now! :eek:

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
We have been sittiley outside for a while. It is 86 degrees now but did get up to 95. When we came in a minute ago it felt like a freezer
A subway always sounds good, we had one last week.
Glad the pig roast went well Bill. I like a little bit of pig but not too much. Good for you for resisting the high pressure sales talk.
very nice pics Karen, thanks for posting them.
Dave. I'm glad your stomach is feeling better. We are like you and Lee, if it is a new place we try to make a trip to it to get the directions in our mind and in which set of buildings it will be in.
Lee, I will have to listen to the Little Mermaid song later. I may have heard and watched the video of it many years ago. Fay had and electric trimmer, blower and edger. I don't think she wanted any of them but now she is glad she has them. She doesn't need the edger since our lawn man does the edging now.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It was beautiful, sunny, and warm yesterday morning for a trip to find a hospital I have tests at later this week. A little over an hour to get there the same getting back. A nice day.

But when we got back home there was a message left on the phone letting us know that it was a total waste of our time. AHHH!

Everything has been changed. The testing and meeting with the vascular surgeon has been backed up a couple of weeks since the doctor is out of the country. PLUS it will all happen at a different University Hospital.

So now we get to look up the different hospital and take another drive to see if we can find it, and where we need to go when we get there.

(If things are ever going too smoothly, you can bet you are missing something. :) )

Great pictures of the decorations at your church, KC. Thanks for sharing them.

Yes Lee and Mike, it is amazing how many of our power tools are battery powered. If you can think of a power tool, there's probably a battery powered version of it.

"One time only deals" only tell us that the salesperson is a crook, Bill. Either that, or what they are selling is stolen.

K2; You guys have been yacking WAY too much about tubs and showers lately. Just a couple of weeks ago Kathi mentioned that she wanted to get the tub out of our bathroom and have one of those large showers put in where you don't have to step high like you do if the tub is in there. As of now, we only use the tub to stand in while we take a shower.

Our nephew/contractor said that he'd do it for us in a couple of months.

A’Burg Guy

Well it sounds like lots of nice drives over the past couple of days.
I must admit to your story putting a smile on my face first thing this morning Kathie. I bet the spot where Jill helps out with the ‘tater chips smells amazing!
When you mentioned the changes for your appointment I could hear that old saying “Man plans, God laughs” Dave. Feeling more like yourself today?
The shower in our master bath is a step in. We have a tub / shower combo in the second bathroom. We both find the step in a nice feature.
When I was getting my new drill foolishly I only wanted a simple “household” drill. It does the job and came with two 18V batteries and a charger Mike. When we opted for a battery powered lawn mower and accessories it came with 2 larger capacity 18V batteries, one smaller one for the trimmer and blower and a charger.
Yes Bill, put me in the “cut bait and run” category with that last salesperson. A graduate of the old time used car sales school of bait, switch and bamboozle.
How many young folks do you get for VBS Karen? How many days per week and weeks?
We started to get storm warnings here yesterday afternoon for later today possibly through Thursday. Seems the remnants of Beryl are heading our way bringing much needed rain.
It was already feeling like 79F on our early walk!
Everyone have a good, safe day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
77F and partly cloudy. Perfect! :wink2:
YES a CURBLESS SHOWER with glass enclosure. I just know the nephew can do this kind of job.

CURBLESS SHOWER with a built in seat. Wide enough to get a walker or wheelchair in if ever needed. Hand-held shower fixtures. Even an overhead rain shower in the ceiling!
Oh and don't forget the built-in HAND RAILS! Yes, we will all need them sooner or later!

Man oh Man I love spending other people's money! Ha Ha.

Check your e-mail for one more picture of a Curbless shower.

Curbless-Shower-With-A-Bench-Seat-300x240.jpg

Shelter+Solutions+LLC+Curbless.jpg
Seat could be added!

1720538342988.jpeg

Last edited: