The Duck Crew - 18 Apr 2013 - We Take on Hawai'i - QUACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloBug

Senior Flea Coller Tester
Mary Ann, you are going to have to remind me where to get that Duck Cruise countdown...

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
FWIW to those who have booked, the rates at the Pan Pacific Hotel/Canada Place - which is among my very favorites in the world - are VERY reasonable through HAL. I booked one night pre-cruise and post-cruise.

Last edited:

GloBug

My go-to person for exceptional rates at Marriott hotels has retired! (argh!) and so we'll be checking this out!

Calgon1

Awaiting results of mental evaluation
QUACK !! Here we are! I too checked the Cruise Tracker. This is going to be a fantastic Kaka (Hawaiian for: duck) Kruise. Especially since the GloBug will only be with us for the first 7 days! (hey, gurl ... you made the entry ...) By my figuring, we'll be throwing her off the KakaDam's Duck-A-Pault in Honolulu. Pastry rushes included!

By the way ... Enforcer Duck has new "tropical" uniform ....

EnforcerDuckII.jpg

Flower and leaves help him blend in with jungle ..... Evil GloBug will never see him comming !

Jeanie

Staff Captain
QUACK !! Here we are! I too checked the Cruise Tracker. This is going to be a fantastic Kaka (Hawaiian for: duck) Kruise. Especially since the GloBug will only be with us for the first 7 days! (hey, gurl ... you made the entry ...) By my figuring, we'll be throwing her off the KakaDam's Duck-A-Pault in Honolulu. Pastry rushes included!

EnforcerDuckII.jpg

Flower and leaves help him blend in with jungle ..... Evil GloBug will never see him comming !

Calgone --- only you

GloBug

EnforcerDuckII.jpg

I know! My keyboard number keys stick sometimes, so it does appear I'm only on for 7 days. My nephew lives in Hawaii, so if I have to walk the Kaka Plank in Honolulu... not such a bad place, I guess...

What is a pastry rush???

Oh, BTW, I saw one of the guys in the Gay Pride parade wearing that same hat. I'm just saying...

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Tomorrow (Thursday) will be

88 Weeks
until we sail for
Paradise in the Pacific,
our Circle Hawai'i
cruise aboard HAL Zaandam.​

Oahu
Carnival_Hawaii-07.jpg

Zaandam_HNL_Iolani.jpg

Zaandam_HNL_Pali3.jpg

Maui
Zaandam_LahainaWhale3-1.jpg

Lahaina_Lele1.jpg

Big Island
Zaandam_HiloMcKenzieStatePark1.jpg

hawaii-kilauea-volcano.jpg

Kauai
2511648135_3a94295baf.jpg

Welcome aboard HAL Zaandam's
17-night Circle Hawai'i cruise
departing Vancouver 18 April 2013.​

Aloha nui loa,
Mele Ana
(Mary Ann in Hawai'ian)​

Last edited:

Calgon1

Starting to put my wish list together. Thus far, I want to:

visit the Punchbowl
visit the USS Arizona
tour an active volcano
attend a Polynesian luau/show
Get a photo of DaKine and (hopefully) any of the Chapmans ... (Hmmmmm. Maybe I could trade a duck hat for a photo op????)
take a ride in a war outrigger

What are you guys and gals considering????

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Anyone wanting to visit the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor should plan on booking the earliest possible excursion in the morning. The lines build quickly and you'll lose a lot of time standing in them if you don't go early. And a reminder to the men that shouldn't even need to be made - please remember to remove your hats/caps out of respect while in the Memorial. Since 9-11, access to the Punchbowl is very limited. Continuing on Oah'u, some enjoy going to the Polynesian Cultural Center out near Laie.

Calgon1

Oh, BTW, I saw one of the guys in the Gay Pride parade wearing that same hat. I'm just saying...

Wasn't going to go there, but readers are probably wondering what you were doing at the Gay Pride Parade?

Understand you came in a distant second in the election as "King".

VOTE FOR KING GLOBUG !
Dai_Z_duck_by_mimi_na.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.