Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning!

Kathie - Know that we are all thinking of you and are sending prayers, as you get through the next few days. Are you and Manny still comparing your bee stings?

Bill & Rita - Have a safe flight and have a wonderful time in Aruba!

Karen - I saw on the news last night that both Ocala & Belleview had over an inch of rain yesterday. I guess you must have been in a pocket that the rain went around. We got a good dose of rain around 5:30 with lots of thunder. By 6:15 it was all gone and the sun was once again shining. We're supposed to have an even better chance of more rain today. I hope so, as our lawn is brown and getting crunchy when you walk on it.

Dave - I'm with you about the way some things are packaged, especially meds. The one that gets me is Imodium. You only use it when you have diarrhea and you want to take those pills asap. Trouble is that you have to actually cut the pills out of the packaging and then hope you cut the package enough to get the pills out. There should be a law against that!!

Lee - Say hello to Trader Joe for me. We haven't been to see him in well over 3 years! Just hasn't been any reason to head in that direction plus Aldi's carries very similar products that we use a lot of - like cheeses. That sounds like a very interesting Zoom meeting tonight. I hope Lu-Ann gets lots of good information from it.

It's going to be a relatively slow day around here today. I think the highlight of the day is going to be going over our wills, which haven't been updated in over 20 years! Time to make some changes, additions and subtractions for how life has changed since these were written.
Making jambalaya for dinner tonight. We haven't had that in ages and I'm just in the mood for it. Besides it's simple to make!!

Time to make some hard boiled eggs for our lunch today. Happy hump day, everyone!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Thanks again for all your kind thoughts. It’s comforting and
just like all of you to care for a Hutch family member when it’s needed the most.
Did lots of back & forth messaging and phone calls yesterday and today.

Funeral viewing Tues and Burial Wednesday.
Notices called into our church to go into the church bulletin. My brother was VERY ACTIVE in our church until he and the family moved to Chicago area for work.
Funny how one’s emotions come and go all day. :emoticon 0106 crying:

Okay moving on.
Manny and I BOTH got another hit of itches from our bee bites. My finger swelled up this morning big time and was itchy. It’s starting to go down slowly , but letting me know it’s not done driving me crazy! :eek:
I can understand why Manny keeps licking his PAW!

FYI: Still not sleeping in bed with me at night!

Bill/Rita have a safe trip.

BB: Always good to get WILL in order. I hope you guys have set up “Trusts”. You save the family from going to “probate court” to get the funds.
Also a Quit Claim deed is good to have if you’re leaving the house to family. A good lawyer can help you with all this for a NICE FEE! Usually about $1,000 bucks!
As I remember Dave and Kathi recently updated their
“Wills”. We need to do an update/review too.

Lee: Hope you have a good trip to the other side of the RIVER.

Karen: It rained here ALL DAY YESTERDAY.
Hope you get to go into the club pool today. Don’t forget your sunscreen. :emoticon 0115 inlove:

Nancy; Hope all your spots work out for you.

Dave: Keep trying to open those darn SUPER SEALED PKG. I had one the other day for Shoe Inserts! Almost broke the scissors trying to cut through the plastic cover.

Be good Wrabbits. I need to get a fresh cup of coffee.
Hugs to all.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Dave has been admitted to the hospital.

Dizziness started Monday evening. Fell several times.
Was still dizzy this morning.

Decided it was time to go to the hospital.

They decided to keep him overnight.

Kathi

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Geez Kathi. Thank you for letting us know about our Dave. Please keep us all in the loop when you get a chance.
Like it or not I’m sending a BIG get well hug his way.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening.

Hope they quickly find the problem for Dave.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Kathi Allen : Please tell Dave we all send him our hugs and love.
So glad I came back to check out the Bunny Hutch and saw your notice. He has to get better really soon. We won’t l ow how to start our day out without his early morning wake up post! Love ya Buddy!
Keep us posted Kathi.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
We need a Group Prayer for our DAVE!
Pray For Me GIF by INTO ACTION
Amin.

A’Burg Guy

Good mornin’ friends.
Damn, we all need a little good news today.
You fine and amazing folks all have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Oh how we miss our DAVE’s 5:25 A.M. morning start up post.
Dave if you are reading along or have Kathi reading the Bunny threads posts know we miss you BIG TIME starting off our day.
Hope the hospital staff is taking real good care of you. And hope you can get some of your “
crazy combinations” for breakfast! Take care Dave and know we are thinking of YOU and Kathi big time. Kathi anything you can pass onto us Wrabbits would be appreciated. We know this is not easy for you either. And his leg/vein surgery that is next week adds more concerns to the situation. Sending LOVE to both of you.
Karen

i must have been really sleepy last night. I woke up and one end table light was on! :eek:

Okay I’m going to try and stay up here in bed for at least another hour and let Manny get more sleep. Later today his family will be coming home! Can you even imagine how crazy-nuts this pup will be! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: It’s been a long 5 days, but we had fun, except for the BEE sting and my sad news. I’m sure we’ll miss this pup.

Karen did you ever get into the pool? And was Betty the lady that had to move out of the community because somebody sold the house she was renting? How did she find another place in there if it was her? Do the condo rules have a specific amount of time-line you must lease a unit? Art was wondering about all that? I’m still surprised that leasing is allowed in your lovely community.

Be good and enjoy life to the fullest. Somebody popped on here. My guess is it’s Lee. Another early bird. Yes it was him! Good Morning LEE! Good to know you were in my neighborhood yesterday. Sorry I wasn’t home to have you both and Ava come over. Next time for sure. Partridge Creek, as Lu-Ann posted is very Dog friendly. Always nice to have our Canadian neighbors come over for a visit.

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

'Morning Kathie.
We too were sorry that life got in the way of reaching out to you and Art yesterday. We were planning to let you know once we were a certain that we were coming that way. Then you reminded us that you were Manny sitting and got "your sad news".

Is anybody else wondering if Dave, not unlike Samson, was weakened when he got his hair cut? Just another theory...
Off to The Navy Yard with Ava and to The Back Yard with the lawn mower. Before the predicted rain and storms hit here this afternoon. There will be no sitting out with our friends after lunch!
Be good everyone.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well last night before going to bed I told Bruce he would have to call an AC company as the AC had not come in a few hours and my bedroom was 80. So he did a bit of work and did get it to come on. When I got up this morning he was finishing cleaning the unit, it had frozen up. So now we have AC again.

Kathi, yes please keep us informed
about Dave best as you can. And well wishes are being sent to him.

Today I will do some more on getting things in the carry on for Hawaii.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning from our HOT house.

Yep, our AC went out last night too. What are the odds of that happening to 2 of us at the same time? Bert's trying to call a guy right now to come look at the system. Only problem is that Bert has an appointment with the hearing aid place at 2:15 and the place is about an hour and a half away. I wish he would reschedule the appointment so we can be sure and get the AC fixed today.
I don't know how you people can live and sleep in a house that warm. We were up to 80 going to bed last night. I had the paddle fan going as fast as possible, but I couldn't sleep a wink all night. Even Bert got up for 2 hours because he couldn't sleep in that warm a room.

Kathi - Please let Dave know we all missed his early morning post today. This is like a day without sunshine. Dave is our sunshine in the hutch! Hoping and praying that this was just a little glitch for him and that he will be back to his normal self soon. Besides, I bet the hospital only serves regular food at breakfast and not any of Dave's crazy dishes. Good reason to get out of there!

Kathie - Boy, those 4 days went by fast! You certainly know how to turn things into an adventure with yours and Manny's bee stings. I hope both of you are getting over them by now. Bet you'll be happy to get back to sleeping in your own bed again too, right?

Lee - Find anything good at Trader Joe's? I love their South African seasoning on steak. It gives it a real smoky flavor. It's only seasonal and they don't bring it out every year, so you have to hope and pray they get it again. When I see if, I always buy 2 or 3 jars, so I don't run short. Darn, I need a trip to see Trader Joe real soon!

Nancy - Nice to know Bruce was able to fix your AC. He wanna come check ours out too? LOL

Just checked and even with the paddle fans running on high, it's still 79 here in the house. I'm ready to go sit in the car with the AC running!!!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Nancy - Nice to know Bruce was able to fix your AC. He wanna come check ours out too? LOL

When he worked for Florida DOT here they had him get his HVAC license so he could do repairs and it also meant it would be cheaper when/if they had to get any AC units. So he is able to do most for ours, except now he no longer has the license so he can't get us freon when/if we need it.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. While I was eating lunch it poured, so as soon as I was done I went to Publix and got my 3 Rx's and then did a bit of shopping. In three times raining we have gotten .76 inches.

I am tired so will be going to be soon.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Home Sweet Home Love GIF
Back home! Whew! It was nice to give the kids a break so they could vacation as a family together. We did our best NOT to SPOIL the pup anymore than it already is. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: He as flipping out when they came in the door. I got a video of it and he couldn't give enough kisses to them!

My BEE BITE is still swollen and itches when I think about it too much. How a 1/2 inch Bee could cause this much swelling and itching is beyond me. Oh well, there are worse things that could be wrong. Grateful it's just this.

BB & Nancy: Amazing you both had A/C issues. Good Bruce could fix yours Nancy. And BB let's just pray your service guy SHOWED UP!! After all you do live in Florida and we all now how punctual service people are there! :rolleyes:

Bill/Rita: Save travels. Enjoy your vacation. Hopefully it will be DRY in Aruba! Ha Ha.

Karen: How is Amanda doing? Any word on the test coming back yet? Praying she will pull through this big bump in the road really soon. That family, if any family, really needs a break.

Lee: How did the 90 min zoom session Lu-Ann had for PK go? Did she get to have her picture on the screen and inter-act with questions? Our choir did Zoom meetings during Covid and by the grace of the man upstairs I was actually able to see and hear everyone in the session. Modern times are just moving way to fast for this girl.

Put everything away from our "in town visit" and am ready to fit in a nice SHOWER!

DAVE/Kathi: We're thinking of you big time.

Hugs to all.

Sleepy Good Night GIF by Fuzzballs

A’Burg Guy

Welcome home Kathie.
I do hope that all of the FL Belles have all of their AC issues resolved.
I’m hoping with Dave that no news is good news.
G’nite everyone.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hide your ice cream, Bunnies. At least for a couple of days. As Kathi mentioned, I fell on Monday from getting dizzy from a medication, and fell down. Getting scratched up in our kitchen, but only hurt my right knee. Nothing broke, but the right side of my knee got badly tore up and bruised up. NOW I've got a real hard time moving around.

But after spending a couple of days in the hospital, they did all the testing, drugs, and advice they could do. And I knew it. So when they wanted me to stay another day I said "NO WAY, I"M GOING HOME."

But this morning I do go to a Wound-Clinic this morning for them to keep working on a wound that occurred 6 months ago that refuses to heal.

Then on Monday morning it's off to a different hospital to have bypass surgery on my right leg to get better blood flow. Yup, the same leg who's knee I just screwed up a few days ago.

I seem to be on a roll right now.