Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning this last month of the year. Temps today will be mid 80's. Wrapped a gift Bruce bought Shop Small Saturday and the final gift to come in for Mike. Now waiting to see if I will be buying a stand for a keyboard or not and then to wrap a few ways the money that we will give to Max.

I have to say that the patches I bought for the knee are working on keeping the pain away and actually the swelling is going down a bit. Hope to get a call about the referral soon, so I can get an initial appt.

I plan on Sunday after lunch that we go to AT&T to switch the internet and landline to them. It will cost less a month than we are paying now. Since it does hurt getting in and out of the SUV I figure having Bruce driving will help. Of course the walking hurts too.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!! I AM HOME!!!! Got sprung last night and didn't get to the house until after 9. UGH!! What a pain!

I really think I am writing a whole new medical history every time I get into Celebration. This time was no different. I din't go in as an emergency very sick patient this time. No triage team hovering around me. When they did a chest x-ray, they found that I had apparently taken some tiny food particles into my lungs and that was what was causing the problem. Go figure!!! They did a swallowing test and I passes. The recommended way to handle this now is to eat small bites of food and to eat slowly without talking. Boy, is that going to be hard for me!
I* really had to push to come home last night. They beat the hell out of me with IVs and caused so many veins to collapse. The straw that broke the camel's back was when late yesterday afternoon a gal came in to run another IV. I told her HELL NO and to get out of my room. Then out of the blue they decided to prick my finger to see if I was diabetic, which I am not, and the gal said I needed insulin. That rated another HELL NO! I was just about to go Jersey at that point and told the nurse I want to go home NOW!!! Amazing how fast they can sigh off when they really aren't doing anything beyond having you occupy a bed and charge you for it!

So now I'm just taking it easy and taking things slowly. Not supposed to do much at this point, so I have no idea what will be for dinner tonight.

Karen - Glad you're feeling better now that those teeth are out. Sounds like you found a great dentist this time.

Bill - Glad the Indians were kind to you.

Lee - Sorry you got a touch of the ugly "s" word.

Dave - I never realized protein drinks had caffeine either. I'll have to check next time Bert gets some for me.

Kathie - Good idea skipping the big holiday meal this year. I know Missy will be cooking Christmas dinner here and I will by a "guest" in my own house. Christmas Eve will strictly be appetizers here that everyone will contribute to. If anything needs to be heated, someone else will do that. Again, I will be a guest!!!

Time for a REAL cup of coffee! Have a great rest of your day, everyone. I'm so glad to be back in the hutch!! :emoticon 0152 heart: :emoticon 0152 heart::emoticon 0152 heart:

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Welcome home Pat. Let's hope that it is for a much longer stay this time. Putting too many miles on the Caddy transporting you back and forth between home and Celebration. Try to enjoy being a guest in your home for a change and let others do for you, the way you have been doing for them for so long.
Your
description of your most recent stay at the hospital isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the quality of medical treatment they provide. Good thing that you were awake and aware of what they were proposing and were able to set them straight.
Generator guy and our cleaning lady both came yesterday instead of yesterday and today, so we only had to get up early yesterday and could sleep in a bit later today.
Had a voice mail
message from the orthopedist that my December 6th appointment had been changed to December 20th which would have been a problem since we leave for Florida on the 19th, but a quick phone call took care of the conflict and my appointment will be on the 13th instead.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!! I AM HOME!!!! Got sprung last night and didn't get to the house until after 9. UGH!! What a pain!

I really think I am writing a whole new medical history every time I get into Celebration. This time was no different. I din't go in as an emergency very sick patient this time. No triage team hovering around me. When they did a chest x-ray, they found that I had apparently taken some tiny food particles into my lungs and that was what was causing the problem. Go figure!!! They did a swallowing test and I passes. The recommended way to handle this now is to eat small bites of food and to eat slowly without talking. Boy, is that going to be hard for me!
I* really had to push to come home last night. They beat the hell out of me with IVs and caused so many veins to collapse. The straw that broke the camel's back was when late yesterday afternoon a gal came in to run another IV. I told her HELL NO and to get out of my room. Then out of the blue they decided to prick my finger to see if I was diabetic, which I am not, and the gal said I needed insulin. That rated another HELL NO! I was just about to go Jersey at that point and told the nurse I want to go home NOW!!! Amazing how fast they can sigh off when they really aren't doing anything beyond having you occupy a bed and charge you for it!

So now I'm just taking it easy and taking things slowly. Not supposed to do much at this point, so I have no idea what will be for dinner tonight.

Karen - Glad you're feeling better now that those teeth are out. Sounds like you found a great dentist this time.

Bill - Glad the Indians were kind to you.

Lee - Sorry you got a touch of the ugly "s" word.

Dave - I never realized protein drinks had caffeine either. I'll have to check next time Bert gets some for me.

Kathie - Good idea skipping the big holiday meal this year. I know Missy will be cooking Christmas dinner here and I will by a "guest" in my own house. Christmas Eve will strictly be appetizers here that everyone will contribute to. If anything needs to be heated, someone else will do that. Again, I will be a guest!!!

Time for a REAL cup of coffee! Have a great rest of your day, everyone. I'm so glad to be back in the hutch!! :emoticon 0152 heart: :emoticon 0152 heart::emoticon 0152 heart:
I did a google for protein drinks with caffeine and came up with this:
4 results

• Atkins RTD Iced Coffee Shake - Mocha Latte. Atkins. 4.4 out of 5 stars with 456 ratings. ...
  • Ensure Max Protein Shake with Caffeine - Chocolate - 4ct/44 fl oz. Ensure. ...
  • Alani Fit Shake Vanilla Protein Shake - 12 fl oz Bottle. Alani Nu. ...
  • Alani Fit Shake Chocolate Protein Shake - 12 fl oz Bottle. Alani Nu.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
The Peanuts Movie Dancing GIF

Me when I know Momma Bunny is home.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Climate Change Energy GIF by INTO ACTION
I know it's a LATE WELCOME, but it's sincere.
We missed you Mama Bunny. Yikes on what you went through ..... not quite a Celebration! ;)
I'd like to be a FLY on the WALL when you become the "GUEST" in your house. You better not be doing any cooking for anybody any time soon. NO SALT, NO TALKING when eating and REST. Got it young lady? Did you like the flowers in your Cubbie and the clean sheets, we all did our best to welcome you back in style! :emoticon 0115 inlove:

Bill: Good job on getting that date changed around. Maybe if you need more Physical therapy you can get a SCRIPT written from your doctor and do it down in Florida. I'm sure they have plenty of places down there to help you out. Hope the doctor can tell you just what's going on.
Good to have that Generator in working condition before you leave. Lord only knows what kind of weather we'll have up here while you're gone. Don't want your pipes to freeze. Do you turn off the water at the back of your toilets before you leave? We use to do that all the time when we went down in Feb/March.

Karen: DITTO to what DAVE said about investing in a good set of dentures or implants. There's always Bank or Credit Union Loans to make the payments hurt a tad less. Hate to see you have REPEAT ISSUES if you don't go the whole nine yards for quality dentures or implants. It's a expense that Art was glad he took on.

Lee: Dizzled most all the day on and off. Suppose to do the same into early Sat morning and then GET COLD.......really COLD. Hate it. Slip sliding around on black ice in spots is not my idea of a fun Sat.

I had a good Oncology visit this morning and go back for my infusion in Feb since I'll be off my FEET for a few months. ALWAYS SOMETHING!

DAVE: Nice to know that Kathi takes good care of issues with her vehicle. She'll have it as long as you have yours if she keeps that up. And YES, YES, YES on the
RED BOW going on your car.
The Protein drink I take is:
719eDVmYeYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Costco sells it in a 18 pack box for about $32 bucks. Stuff isn't cheap at all. :eek: Good thing it tastes good. Not a funny after taste like some of those protein drinks. I keep it in the fridge and drink it down COLD.

Okay folks, I'm in my PJ's and Robe and want to catch the 10 O'Clock news.
Be safe and please stay healthy! Hugs to all.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Goodness, looks like I beat Father dave on here this morning, not exactly thrilled about that achievement either! I woke up a little after 4 and could not get back to sleep. Finally gave up about 5:45 since I had the alarm set for 6:30 anyway. Today is the community yard sale so it's going to be a long day. I for sure see a nap in my afternoon plans. Have a great day & those of you expecting icy conditions stay safe!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Seth Meyers News GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
FR DAVE sent me a memo at 8:00 am that he was not able to get on here! I’ll keep you informed of any updates. Let’s hope Kathi can help him out SOON!
Miss my ”Morning Hello from Fr Dave”!
Karen: Bummer on getting up so early. Hope the sale goes well. Get that NAP in for sure.

BB: Hope you slept well and all is good by you.

Gotta end this early…..busy, busy, busy. Back later. Enjoy your day and be safe out on the roads. It’s that crazy time of the year that people don’t pay attention while trying to spend way too much money on USELESS items!
Bah Humbug!

A’Burg Guy

Good morning!
I had trouble getting on early this morning so hopefully that’s why Dave hasn’t been here yet. We were all so excited to see Momma Bunny back we forgot to leave the light on for our really early poster (Dave).
How’s the weather looking for your community yard sale Karen? Now, don’t you be overdoing things either. Hopefully you’ll make a good buck or two.
Yes Kathie, the weather yesterday was just not nice at all. It drizzled and rained the whole day except for about 25 minutes. I did get Ava around the block during the break.
Who's That? It‘s Kathie confirming that Dave had the same issue this intrepid reporter just reported.
It was actually nice down by the river this morning. We saw two beautiful swans flying upriver. It was so quiet that the only sound was the air as they flapped their huge wings.
OK, I think we’re headed back downtown. There’s a winter market with local vendors behind the bookstore and our one little bakery. As long as it’s not raining it may be fun.
Have a wonderful Saturday everyone and please stay safe.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Yesterday I started drinking the pineapple juice again and already I can tell the difference, the knee doesn't hurt as much. I guess after 3 or 4 days I will go to every other day because of the sugar.

Don't know what today will bring.

All have a great day.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
"I'm so glad to be back in the hutch!!
:emoticon 0152 heart:
"

And we are SOO happy to have you back, BB. And I'd say that your actions to go home "NOW" are going Jersey. Hospitals are no place that they really let you relax and heal. The incessant poking and waking you up at all hours for your "vitals".

Just remember that those appetizers you are having on Christmas Eve are the very high-salt things that are the worst for you. And everyone is going to let you just be a "guest"?.......I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona I think you'll be interested in. They know that you take too much pride in putting on a great-spread.

-------------------------------------------

And that's as far as I got when I tried to post MUCH earlier this morning. Now I've no idea what else was rattling around in my noggin.

Damn electronic gadgets and gizmos. Can you imagine us putting up with a wall switch that turns on the kitchen's ceiling lights that once in a while decided not to work for a few hours????

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, everyone! It's a nice warm day here which will be good for Karen's community sale.

Only got a few things planned for today that I can handle on my own. That's includes having to make dinner tonight. Ordered out for spaghetti & meatballs last night and it was only a bit better than what they serve at the hospital. Definitely not up to my standard.
I figured to make some chicken noodle soup today, but that seems to be a wash. Bert still hasn't come out of the bedroom and I need stuff to make the soup low sodium. I'm beginning to wonder which one of us is supposed to be taking it easy around here.

Wanted to get to Aldi's today to pick up some of the German Christmas cakes & candy they carry, but I am supposed to have a home health nurse coming. Depending on when and if she gets here, we'll see if I get to the store. Also need a trip to Dollar Tree for a few small ornaments to decorate the Norfolk pine tree a friend gave me last Christmas. It's on the cart right outside the window where I sit at the kitchen table. Might get some tiny lights for it too, if I ever get to the store.

Lee - Enjoy your trip to the litttle market. We have one coming next week to our community, but from past times, I'm not expecting much from the venders. I hope you make out better.

Karen - SO how did the sale go? I hope you managed to get rid of some stuff that you no longer needed. I also hope you didn't go wandering around and buy some more things!!

Kathie - I like Ensure protein drinks with ice chopped into it. Plus it's got to be chocolate. Unfortunately, I have no choice but to do the cooking around here right now. Missy is taking care of Jennifer who came down with viral meningitis. She's been running high fevers and the virus just has to run it's course. So Missy can't do the cooking here. Bert also cannot cook anything except steak and ribs. Not exactly what I should be eating right now. Thus - guess who HAS to cook?

Speaking of the devil, Bert just decided to show up here in the kitchen. Guess I better get off here for a while before home health gets here.

Have a great afternoon, gang, and enjoy whatever you have planned.

Well well, I see Dave just popped in. Believe me, the appetizers I have planned for Christmas Eve are not going to be high in sodium. Shrimp cocktail, deviled eggs and cream cheese topped with pepper jelly are all safe for me to eat. See ... I am behaving!!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
I don't think I want to bother doing any more yard sales, I made just over $16, Jane made $12.50 and Barb $2 and of course I was the only one there setting up, selling & packing stuff up. Barb had to work so I knew she wouldn't be there & Jane forgot. We just didn't have that many people coming by, I don't know if they just didn't drive to the back of the complex or they just weren't many people. It was a shame too cause we had about 6 people set up on our street so it would have been nice to have some business. Oh well, didn't get my nap this afternoon either so it will be an early to bed night for sure. On the plus side I don't have to drive to church tomorrow, since I'm not going to be singing in the choir for a while I can ride with my 2 friends from the neighborhood, works for me!

A’Burg Guy

Well dang. Not a stellar sales day on the streets of Belleview Karen.
Did the home health nurse make it Pat? Early enough I hope that you were able to get out for a bit.

I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona I think you'll be interested in.
Any chance that’s still available Dave?
See you all in the morning!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. It has been a quiet day.

Bruce bought a blow up paddle board so today we blew it up. Well the pump has a gauge on it so you know when you have the correct psi and of course the gauge did not work. So I have sent an email about it. Will see if they send us a new one.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
So, where ya at this morning KC? you beat me on here yesterday. Sorry about the lack of lookers at the yard sale.

It must have been so beautiful seeing those 2 swans flying upriver, Lee. Mother nature can't be beat on beauty and natural sounds.

Speaking of nature this time of year, I just noticed today that there is so few trees with those colorful leaves still on them. Loved the picture of the "Unnecessary Necessities" store.

It's funny that you mentioned spaghetti & meatballs, BB. Last night Kathi was defrosting meatballs she had brought in from the garage freezer. Interesting idea you've got there; Ice chips in my chocolate Ensure.

Can't say I've ever heard of that brand of protein drink, K2. None of those protein drinks is cheap, but if you need it, ya need it.

COULD be another "pajama-day".

A’Burg Guy

Another foggy start to the day. Although as I age I find many days start out “foggy”. :emoticon 0136 giggle:
Yesterday we sent our deposit for the house in Florida. We leave here January 8 stopping at my beloved Drury Inns in Louisville, KY and Greenville, SC before arriving in St. Augustine, FL for 3 nights. Then on to Emerald Island for 8 weeks.
Now I’m thinkin’ here Dave…instead of ice chips in your protein drink, how about your favourite brand of chocolate or vanilla ice cream, blend it and you have a real treat. You’re welcome.
I think today we’ll be getting stuff out to decorate for Christmas inside. It’s not so much the putting up of stuff but it seems like a real chore to put it all away.
That’s about it from here so far this morning.
All of you have a fantastic and safe Sunday.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. We will be going to lunch later and I hope to go to ATT to get things rolling on changing our internet and phone to them. OF course we probably will go to Aldi so Bruce can get milk and yogurt. He really likes the one brand of yogurt that they carry.

I can feel the effects of getting back on the pineapple juice. I have drank it for 3 days so won't tomorrow but will Tuesday. Have to do that because even though I am drinking low sugar it is still on the high side.

All have a great day.