Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Good Morning GIF by joeyahlbum
Happy Sunday GIF
(Just in case you forgot which day it is... )

Not much to chat about without writing a book. Might add some later! (bedtime story!)

Dave: I'm with Lee on adding ice cream or just ice and blending that Protein drink in a blender for a nice "chilly shake"! (might work better when it's HOT in the Summer)
Does Kathi have a Printed List of items in the garage freezer ? I bet she does.
I made up a list of all the frozen complete dinners I made up for us to have on hand the next few weeks and labeled them with numbers..... 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, etc. Then on the printed list I listed what #1, #2, #3, #4, etc, etc actually was. I'll just have to tell Art to go in the basement and
pull-out which number we will have for dinner. Had to make it as easy as possible for the guy.
Do you come back on here and read the posts everyone puts on here the same day or do you READ THEM the next day and then reply?? Just wondering. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Lee: Thanks for telling us which day you guys are leaving for FL. I actually wrote it down. Now to try and remember where I put the paper! Ha Ha.
I give you a TON of credit for putting up Christmas decorations with only month (give or take) before you leave! Remember the old saying: KISS..... (Keep It Simple Silly or Stupid)
I added "Silly" because you folks are not Stupid) :emoticon 0140 rofl:

Okay, I have a few bills to pay and then I have a list of last minute things to do around here today since it's RAINING OUTSIDE AGAIN and I'm not a fan of running driving around in the rain.

BB/Karen: I hope you both had a good sleep. Keep taking your meds, etc,etc.

Bill: Not sure, but I think this rain is going your way. Joy, Joy. The hip won't like the dampness. Dec 19th can't come soon enough!

Later..... Hope to get the story in tonight!;)

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I added "Silly" because you folks are not Stupid) :emoticon 0140 rofl:
Well, we may be for putting up decorations at all for 4 weeks.
You’re prepared food sounds more organized than a drive through restaurant Kathie. You just need to add two lines. “No substitutions” and “would you like to add a tip”.
This morning I double checked our reservations at The Drury’s on the way down. The prices at both properties had dropped a total of $35USD. That’s right around $50CDN. Better in our pockets!
It was hauntingly beautiful along the river this morning. The sound of the fog horn filled the air. The fog was so thick that we couldn’t see over to Boblo. The park glowed with the lights from the Christmas decorations. It was really nice.
I’m going to finish my hot chocolate and then drag the tree up. I think this year we’re just going to do red and green balls. None of the tons of Hallmark ornaments we’ve collected over the past 43 years.
Enjoy your Sunday my friends.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Church this morning was really beautiful, it's the 1st Sunday of Advent & I got to do the reading for the candle lighting, everything from the music to the sermon just seemed to be directed at me, in a good way. And I really needed it, I found out when my friends picked me up that there is a campaign on to boycott the HOA meeting on Thurs & force the board to reschedule. I finally got through to them that it would only prolong the inevitable and cause more problems for the current board, so now they are trying to undo/stop the boycott. I know God is in control but boy the devil is sure doing everything in his power to keep me worried & upset!

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Just keep repeating "This will soon end" KC and that may make things a bit easier until your term on the HOA is over. Those folks who were organizing a boycott might better expend their efforts on electing board members more focused on making living in your community an even more pleasant experience.
Just heard that one of our favorite cruise ship entertainers, Matt Yes, has died. He was a bit of a "one trick pony" but his performances in the Schooner Bar always drew a big crowd and were always entertaining.
Thanks for sharing your rain with us K2 and Lee. My hip will emember your generosity.

Enjoy your time in St. Augustine and in the rest of Florida, Lee and LuAnn. That is one of my favorite cities in the state. One of my mother's cousins married a sailor during WWII and they opened a drive-in restaurant on US 1 in St. Augustine and raised a family there. When my parents and I would drive to Florida on vacation, we would always stop and visit with then for a few days and when I was in the Army and was stationed in Augusta, GA I would sometimes take a bus to see them if I had a long weekend free. When I first met my mother's cousin she had developed a strong southern drawl but she told us that native Floridians told her that when she spoke, it was clear to them that she was a Yankee.

A’Burg Guy

That’s sad news to read about Matt Yee Bill. Damned cancer. Matt was personable and always put on a good show. You knew what you were going to get when you saw him and he never disappointed. We’re looking forward to St. Augustine. We thought the best way to visit was on our way south.
How many of the rabble rousers have thrown their hats into the HOA Board election Karen? I wouldn’t be surprised if the number was zero. Lu-Ann’s Mom used to say ”they who stir the $h!t Pot should have to lick the spoon”. When it’s all said and done I know that you can step away and hold your head high.
Is that coffee or wine I smell. Either one would be nice on this rainy afternoon.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
I too was a fan of Matt Yee and always enjoyed his shows. He may have been a one trick wonder, but when he was in the S chooner Bar, no one could say they didn't have a good time. RIP Matt,

Never made it out yesterday, so birght and early we headed for ALdi's. Managed to get most of the "treats" from Germany that we always get. Would have loved to go to World Market for some other stuff, but they are more expensive than ALdi's, so I took pity on Bert this year!!

Lee - I definitely am going lighter on decorations this year. What amazes me is that for all these years, I have been putting stuff out in the exact same places year after year. Now Bert has to do it and he is clueless as to where or how things get p ut out. He got out one big tote and I directed him as to where to place each item. I dread the next one as that his loaded with most of the little stiff that goes out. I'll have to direct Bert on each and every item!

My Italian chucken noodle soup with spinach turned out fantastically. It tastes so good and we have enough for at least 2 more meals.

Kathie - Good system numbering those dinners for Art. Bert keeps a list of not only what is in each freezer, he also keeps a list of what is one each shelf. He does the list all over again every month.

Bill - How's the hip doing? I bet you'll be ready to head for your cruise and the south. They can't get her fast enough, right?

Karen - Sorry about the poor showing at the community garage sale. That's why I hate doing them. People insult you with what they offer for your items. I'd just as well skip the whole deal. I hope your HOA gets their act together for the new officers to take over.

Dave - Wanna make that protein drink taste even better? Put it in the blender with a scoop of ice cream and a healthy shot of either Bailey's or Koloa! Now that's mainlining protein!!!

Time for an afternoon snack and to see if there's anything on TV aside from football. Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well did not get the internet and phone changed today, the one office they need to talk to was closed, so I will go back early tomorrow afternoon. Will save at least $40 dollars a month. They said we could it by phone but I really don't want to spend the time it would take. And with going back I can check out the phones for the prepaid plans and maybe get a new phone, I don't make many calls but it is a few years old and the battery is starting to decline.. One thing that they probably won't be able to transfer is the app for my hearing aids but I can go to the place and get that done.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I got to drive over to see MANNY and give scratches and gave them some baked goodies.
Always good to see the family. Art stayed home and watched the LIONS WIN 9-1 is the best since the 1960's. WOW.

Lee: I LOVE the saying..... ”they who stir the $h!t Pot should have to lick the spoon”! Ha Ha. I'll have to steal that one if I can remember it. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme: I envy you being able to see the lights on Boblo. I need to see just how I can sneak back on their one of these days. If that restaurant is open, maybe that would work as a way of getting to the island. Just have to wait to go when it's WARMER! Hate to have the car fall off the ferry in the cold Detroit River!
So happy you're getting a break on the motel going down to FL. That never happens for us.
And you have to make sure to see the Lighthouse on St Augustine. We saw a few things, but didn't stay overnight. Can't wait to hear what you thought of the place.
Loved your shop in the back of main street.
img_1136-jpeg.79688
Goes well with my post for sure.

My story will have to wait for another day or night. I'm beat and need to get some rest.
I have gifts to wrap tomorrow and go to the bank and a LAST quick trip to Costco to get a container of Laundry Soap. I checked the storage shelf area and there's only on BIG container and I have to have 2 on hand at all times in the Winter. Hate dragging those heavy things to the car through snow! And this year I really don't want to run out of ANYTHING.
I think we now have enough food in this house to feed the entire neighborhood if we went to WAR! GOD FORBID! :eek:

Bill: I took 2 Aleve pills earlier today because of the dampness and aching back and knees and they worked like a dream! I usually only take 1, but I had to make sure that I could do all my stops today pain free. Sorry about the RAIN.

Karen: My heart goes out to you as you try and DITCH this HOA ridiculous position. I could bet my house that each of those people who wanted to BOYCOTT the meeting was a T-Lover! They are all copying what he does every day to drive the USA NUTS. I can't wait until just ONE DAY - 24 Hours - I don't hear his sick name. I'll most likely be dead before that ever happens. Lord help us if he wins in 2024. He want to run the USA like the "Hit" man did. His way or no way. I better save some of this food big time.

Okay , I'm off to bed. Be good bunny's tomorrow.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Keep working on your recipes for protein drinks, BB. With your latest addition of Baileys or Koloa it's getting better and better as a breakfast drink. Along with the orange juice in a mimosa. Wink/wink. Can't let those eggs and toast get stuck in our throats now, can we?

My goodness Lee, your lilly white body sure is craving to get some tan on those goose-bumps. And for 8 weeks no less. Should be fun and relaxing.

Every year I wonder who will win the race to the warmer south. Lee or you, Bill.

KC; You and me both are so looking forward to you being done with your HOA. Soon you can watch the fights and arguments as an observer and not a participant.

Smart thinking K2 marking by number all the meals in your freezer plus what's in each meal. Now if Art can keep from setting off the smoke alarm, you've got things whipped. A couple of times Kathi has written down all the things in our upright freezer. Problem is that she failed to keep the list up to date. New things going in, old things being used.

As for your question about getting on the computer; I spend very, very little time on the "puter" The Bunny Board and buying stuff. With a rare E-mail. Probably less than 40 minutes a day. Just not into social-media.

On the news last week Dolly Parton said that she doesn't text either.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. My plan for today is going back to ATT and getting set up for internet and phone. Did find out that we will have to have an installer do it for us and that is fine with me.

Hope to hear from the ortho about an apt for my knee. Drinking the pineapple juice again is working but I really don't want to keep doing it for ever.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

I forgot to check in this morning. Oh Dopey me.
You best not be getting too run down again
Pat!
My money is on Bill to get south first Dave. As far away from The Patriots this year as he can get. I got a kick out of the articles about Dolly and how she still "faxes" everything or had people transcribe her faxes to texts and emails. That lady surely is a treasure!
Yes Kathie, you may certainly use that line. It's a good reminder to all of us when we may be tempted to "Stir The Pot"!
Nancy, during the pandemic (when we moved because movers weren't busy) Ma Bell left us on our own to install our phone, fibre cable for TV and set up our cell phones. After that we had a box act up and they wanted to send a tech to swap it out. For $75. I simply said that if I was good enough to install things 2 years before that happened I surely wasn't going to pay them to swap out a box and hook up two cables. They agreed.
Better run.
Everyone behave.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Pat, sorry to hear you had a rough night, I sympathize I slept good till around 4:30 this morning then that was the end of that!

Lee, Nice catch on the price drops for your hotel. Hope you have a great time in St. Augustine, I haven't been there in years.

Kathie, I admire your organization skills for your freezer meals! I have a list on my kitchen freezer that I "try" to keep updated, but more than once I have gone looking for something in there to fix for dinner only to discover I had already ate it & forgot to cross it off the list. Glad the Aleve took care of your pain, I have good luck using that too.

Dave, I admire your resolve to stay off social media, I tend to spend way more time on it than I should. It is handy for staying in touch with Amanda & some other friends who live a good distance away, but the majority of the stuff online is nonsense.

Yesterday afternoon was the Choir Advent service, I went but didn't sing as I had missed the last 2 practices & didn't feel like I knew the music well enough. They were several members short so Rev. Lisa got tapped to fill in & sing with them, she did great! Planning on being able to sing next week so the choir director sent me the music to learn ahead of time since I will again miss practice Thurs. night

This morning I had a few errands to run & then stopped at Jane's for a much needed haircut, I feel like a new woman now! Gums & jaw are still doing good. I haven't been brave enough yet to try & eat anything that needs chewed, going to try a baked potato tomorrow with chili, cheese & sour cream, it should be soft enough to handle. Very disappointed to step on the scale the other day & haven't lost an ounce! I guess mashed potatoes are still fattening, lol
Enjoy the rest of the day all!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Just a quick post - Please say a prayer for our granddaughter Jennifer. For the past week she has had viral meningitis, which, being viral must run it's course. She isn't getting any better and they are taking her to the ER as she is dehydrated, so she needs an IV. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, this grandma is beside herself over our baby.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Well it took a bit at ATT but the installer will be here tomorrow and once he is done then I have to call to set up the phone. There is supposed to be a $99 install charge but right now they have done away with that.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
It's Tuesday 12:27 A.M. and I finally got on here just to say I'm fine and sooo TIRED. I'm nuts for all I'm doing, but I don't want to have to think about ANYTHING after Friday!

Thoughts And Prayers GIF by MOODMAN
PAT....HUGE PRAYERS going out for Jennifer. I hope the IV helps her sweet little body to get better. Not what you needed to add to your plate right now. I know how we grandparents worry about our kids. Take care and I hope you're sleeping as I write this.

I'm beat and just want to wish you all a good TUESDAY.
I Love You Hug GIF by Chippy the Dog

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
So sorry to hear about your granddaughter, BB. At least being in the ER she'll be surrounded by all the medical supplies and doctors to get her through this problem. Hope last nights snoozing was a lot better than Sunday night's.

Thanks for checking in K2. I was beginning to worry. Now don't you begin to overdoing it. You are going to need that energy soon.

Ya up and attem this morning, Lee? It's amazing how many skills in construction and repairs we've picked up over the years. (Especially learning when we screwed things up the first time.)

KC; Pleased to hear that your chops are healing as they should be. It's not my resolve that keeps me away from social media, I just think most of it is BS. I just can't get over how many dunder-heads use it as their main source for news.

Not much going on around here. Today it'll be cloudy and only in the 30's, with a chance of some snow showers tonight.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning!

Pat, hoping for a good report on Jennifer that the fluids did the trick & she is feeling better. You all could sure use a break from all these hospital visits.

Lee, did you forget to press post again? We get used to seeing your post right after Father Dave

Kathie, you are going to be ready to sit back & do nothing after your surgery, you are wearing yourself out with all this prep work.

Dave, you are so right about FB being a prime source of misinformation, but so many people I know take it as gospel. Some of the stuff I see posted or reposted just makes me shake my head!

Not much going on around here today, while I was at Jane's yesterday getting my hair cut I put out some of her Christmas yard decorations, just a spiral tree & her snowflake projector & a wreath on her door. We both agreed less is better!
I was planning to put up my big tree this weekend but had forgotten Sat. is work day at church, so I decided my little 24" tree will do just fine. Next year I'm hosting Christmas so I can put up the big tree, just really not in the mood this year.
Scooter has a vet appt. this afternoon just for a recheck of her eyes, she's been getting drops for dry eye & I want to know if they are still helping.
Fixed myself some real food for breakfast this morning, scrambled eggs with chopped up bacon & cheese on top, YUMMY! I have a couple tender spots in my mouth but for only being a week out I think I'm doing pretty good.
Time for the 2nd cup of coffee & then get a few things done around here today

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I Love You Dogs GIF by Chippy the Dog
I need to keep reminding myself what day it is! Ha Ha.

Dave: You are so blessed to stay away from Social media. I have a group of Serbian friends on Facebook that I follow. I have been doing my best to just read their posts, but it's a hard habit to break! I REALLY am doing better. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:
I enjoy my extended Bunny Family the best. Not sure what I would do without you folks.

Karen: Hope the Vet visit for Scooter goes well. And so good that you finally got something other than mashed potatoes to eat. You're doing great. Must seem really strange with all those teeth missing! Keep up the good work.

I'm off to wrap those darn X-mas presents that Jill was so nice to get for me. Saved me a TON of running around and the kids will get what they want. The extra $$ in the envelope is always appreciated by all of them. LESS PRESENTS... MORE MONEY would be my thought if I were them! Ha Ha

PAT: I saw that Jennifer finally got home and the doctors found out what she had. Bacterial Pneumonia. Must have picked that up from school I would think??
Hope she recoups quickly. Hope all our prayers helped! :emoticon 0115 inlove:

You all have a fantastic day! :clap002: