Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Thanks for the Christmas wishes veryone.

Dave good to know No CONCRETE will be harmed in the bathroom project!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
For some dumb reason this site keeps posting my same post.
Please just try and ignore it.
I’m not the one doing the repeat postings.

Karen: Nice post. Glad the church services are getting back to a normal routine. Holidays can play havoc on a lot of our schedule's.

I didn’t have a taste for Coffee after the surgery and after a few days without it I just said I’ll switch to decaf tea for a while. I just worry about staining my teeth from the tea after seeing what it does to the inside of White cups! Ha ha.

DETROIT LIONS WON TODAY! :clap002:

Off to make us a late dinner! Every time I think of making FOOD I can’t help but think of BB. Still can’t bring myself to read some of her older posts on here.
Always in our thoughts!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. We went to lunch then to Home Depot. We returned the countertop ice machine Since we have been home I have tried 4 different days and it never made even one cube, so back it went. And Bruce bought some mulch for a lady and we took it to her. She has been either in the hospital or rehab for a month or maybe a bit more. She had asked Bruce to pick up a Burger King Whopper but the one in her city had closed. She can not walk right now so she has a helper and she said she would get a Whopper for Charlotte and she, went out, it took a bit but she actually found a open Burger King and got the Whopper and something for herself. While there we put together a bed railing and it is on the bed. Just hope it works okay.

All have a good night.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Talked to both Lisa and Kevin over the weekend and while the weather there isn't great at least they got very little snow out of this latest storm. Kevin will see the orthopedist on Tuesday and find out what needs to be done.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Lee; Safe and fun travels for you today, my friend. Keep us up to date on your travels.

So nice to hear from you KC. I log on every day hoping to hear what you are up to. Sounds like you've volunteered for another church program, because you're such an angel. But I really like that you are following Rev. Lisa's suggestion to limit it to 3 programs. Anything more than that could really burn you out and quitting them all.

There is a certain mellow feel you get from "CBS Sunday Morning", Bill. Along with mentions of the usual news, there's happy and thoughtful segments.

Congratulations on the Lions win, K2. The Browns didn't come even close to a win. Yesterday's game didn't count for anything so almost all their players were second stringers. Their starters stayed on the bench for next weekend's game, which does count. I just can't get into tea, although that's Kathi's drink of choice. Sure you don't repeat yourself with posts, we believe you. (All of you old farts say that. :) )

This morning at 8 Fuzzbutt goes in for a Vet's dental cleaning. Complete with knocking her out.

Also our nephew/ contractor will be here at 8 with a worker of his to continue work on the 1/2 bath. Maybe, just maybe, it'll be all completed by midweek.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning, a grey gloomy Monday here!

Dave, poor Fuzzbut, hope she does well with her cleaning, and ouch for your wallet, those vet visits are never cheap!

Kathie, gotta love the gremlins that take over the internet sometimes, we either lose a long chatty post or repeat one over & over.

Lee, safe travels!

Nancy, check Walmart for countertop ice makers, my sister Barb got my other sister one for Christmas for $59 and it works great, I think it was a Frigidaire brand but not positive. It makes 3 different sizes of ice cubes, she set it on the small setting & the bin was full in a little over an hour or so

Bill, hopefully the ortho Dr. can get Kevin fixed up sooner rather than later.

Follow up visit with the eye Dr. this morning, will see how I did on my test & whether or not my prescription for glasses needs to be changed. He will be dilating my eyes so I'm kind of glad it is cloudy today, it will be easier driving home.
Tomorrow morning is my follow up appt. with my Dentist, starting the new year off right supporting the medical community. Have a great day all, I doubt I'll be back on later, it usually takes a while for my eyes to get back to normal.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Safe travel Lee & Lu-Ann.

Running behind here for
P Therapy. Be back later

Enjoy your day Wrabbits! :emoticon 0152 heart:
Karen hope all your appts turn out good for you. Especially the dental one.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well I was up just after 6:30 so I could get to my appt before 7:20. I was there a bit early and did not wait very long before being called. I was out the door and in the SUV at 7:23. And this time she got a vein right away and all vials filled. And no bruise.

Karen thanks for telling me about your sisters countertop ice maker , will check it out.

It is supposed to get up to about 70 but being overcast it is not going to be a very nice day.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Another overcast and somewhat gloomy start to the week but unless my ears deceived me, I believe the weather person on the local TV channel is predicting 80 degrees tomorrow.
That was an exciting Bills/Dolphins game last night. The Pats concluded their dismal season with a loss to, of all teams, the NY Jets. Rumors abound about Bill Belichick's future.
Now that the regular season has
concluded I have to wrap up the details in my football pool and pay the winners. This year 20 of the 29 participants are getting some, most, or more than the fee that they paid, so I will likely have writer's cramp from writing out 20 checks.
Be careful out there. Rita just got a text allegedly from Target thanking her for "purchasitng a gift card for $747" and giving her a "number" to call if she wanted to contest its authenticity.
Instead she called a real phone number for Target and verified that the text was a scam.
Later today I will check to see if any of our forwarded mail has arrived.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Eye Dr visit went well, not a lot of change in my vision since last year. He still want's to see me every 6 month for glaucoma monitoring but he agreed to just do the Vision Field test once a year as long as everything else stays good. I have to call them back because they didn't add the prism to my new prescription & I don't know if it stayed the same or he forgot to check it. That can wait till tomorrow when I can see.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
What a gabby bunch you folks are.
We got in to Louisville about an hour, 3:15, ago. A very good drive today. One nine minute slowdown on I71 for roadside blasting as they cleared rock to widen the road.
There were only 3 vehicles ahead of us at the border. First stop, as usual, was Panera Bread in Taylor, MI. for breakfast.
A very warm welcome at The Drury. As “regular“ guests they upgraded us from a king room to a really nice 2 room suite
It sure does look wet tomorrow. And windy. Well keep an eye on the weather for sure. We have all day.
I have to read back - not speed read - so I don’t ask any silly questions.
Be good my friends! Talk to you tomorrow.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Another overcast and somewhat gloomy start to the week but unless my ears deceived me, I believe the weather person on the local TV channel is predicting 80 degrees tomorrow.
That was an exciting Bills/Dolphins game last night. The Pats concluded their dismal season with a loss to, of all teams, the NY Jets. Rumors abound about Bill Belichick's future.
Now that the regular season has
concluded I have to wrap up the details in my football pool and pay the winners. This year 20 of the 29 participants are getting some, most, or more than the fee that they paid, so I will likely have writer's cramp from writing out 20 checks.
Be careful out there. Rita just got a text allegedly from Target thanking her for "purchasitng a gift card for $747" and giving her a "number" to call if she wanted to contest its authenticity.
Instead she called a real phone number for Target and verified that the text was a scam.
Later today I will check to see if any of our forwarded mail has arrived.
That 80 degrees is only for tomorrow, then Wednesday high of 71

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Here is a photo of the Succulent plants I finished about an hour ago. I don't work on any of these every day and definitely not hours at a time so it does take a bit to get them done. This one some were very easy and others not so easy. But I really like them. There are some real small pieces that are not easy on the fingers pushing in place. It will be at least a couple of days before I start another set.

I found a nice Frigidaire countertop icemaker at Walmart so have ordered it. It is supposed to be here tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning I go to the Ortho for my knee, it is starting to swell again but slowly and of course it hurts all the time, some times worse than others but hurts.

All have a good night.

Attachments

• third side.jpg
    third side.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

Tonight’s fare at The Drury…meatballs, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, minestrone and, wait for it, red wine!
Dentals for fur kids are always a concern Dave. Hopefully Fuzzbutt (and you and Kathie) have an easy time of it. How’s progress on the 1/2 bath?
Be sure to let us know how Kevin makes out Bill. I do have to make sure I have a correct address so I can send you your winnings too. How is it that The Bills won the division, The Pats finished deader than dead last and I owe you $2. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Great news for you from the eye guy front Karen. I have nightly eye drops for my glaucoma.
I’ve physically gone to hell in a hand basket since that surprise heart thing and prostate radiation! LOL.
How did physio go today Kathie?
Lots of finicky bits on those succulents Nancy. Looks nice.
I forgot to mention that as we passed by Hamilton, OH we said “hi” to Marcia and Carl from all of us.
Damn it seems odd to not have a note to or from Pat.
I have a little time for a mindless iPad word game. Then I’ll get Ava out and tuck in around 9:30.
See you tomorrow from Greenville, SC.

A’Burg Guy

Good rainy morning!
Shower, breakfast, coffee and on the road.
We’ll be safe. See you tonight fron SC.
Have a fantastic day!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hi Lee, Good deal, being upgraded to a 2 room suite at The Drury. And a glass of wine doesn't hurt either. Hey, a good way to make "regular" guests. Try to stay dry, and we'll look forward to today's report. You're missing all the fun here this morning. Snowy, slushy, and rainy.

Happy to hear that your vision tests went well at the doctor's, KC. What's that "prism" you mentioned? Yes, Vet bills can be pricey. Fuzzbutt's dental cleaning is an example. Close to a thousand bucks since multiple teeth needed to be pulled. (American Eskimos are known for soft teeth.)

So how'd the physical therapy go yesterday, K2? Hope you are feeling the benefits of it by now.

Any junk-mail yet Bill? :) At least today you get to feel some of the warmth that you headed south for. It seems to me that it would be easier just getting a job instead of coming up with a new scam. PLUS there's no possible jail time involved.

Progress is moving ahead on the 1/2 bath. By Wednesday the toilet, sink and new lights above the mirror should all be functional.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
tuesday
I Love You Dogs GIF by Chippy the Dog

Good morning Wrabbits.
We were suppose to have Snow flurries starting at 4a.m. Well, we had nothing at 6:00 am. Now I see a mix of wet and flakes outside. Suppose to turn to ALL RAIN by afternoon!

Lee: What a nice spread at the Durrey! And nice upgrade too!
Hope you don’t have to push too much rain today. Love hearing from you. You know how the HUTCH worries about our travelers. :emoticon 0111 blush:

Dave: Have Kathy take a few PICTURES as the bathroom moves along. Did they frame in an area or do they do that later? I have no clue how a 1/2 bath gets built.
YIKES …poor Fuzzbutt having to have teeth removed. Ouch on the Vet Bill. But as a former pup owner for 14 yrs, we’d do anything for our fur babies. It’s part of being a responsible pet owner. All the best to Fuzzbutt!

PT went really good. They added a few more exercises. All is good. While there I saw this man get on an elliptical machine and he looked familiar from looking at the “back of him”. I asked my tech if his name was GEORGE and she said YES! Well, I knew right away it was my neighbor from 2 houses away from ours! I went up to him and HE WAS SURPRISED to see me. We both had our KNEES done. 3 days a part. Small world. He’s a heavy set man and was doing good walking to each exercise! Always something!

Bill: Have you ventured out to find any new restaurants in the area? How’s traffic if you have been on the road?
Any Northerners in the pool? :D And do they have Movie Night? Hope your mail shows up soon.
Lastly…any update on Kevin.

Karen: Can I ask why the ice machine is needed and does your sister have to fill it often?
Glad your Field test turned out good.

Right now no rain or flurries!
Thank goodness.
We go to see a new Doctor to give Art the results of his MRI of his shoulder. Should be interesting since BOTH of his shoulders have issues! He might end up in Physical therapy for the shoulder with Arthritis. The other one is for the possible tear! We’ll fine out today! :eek:

Miss our BB. Need to call Bert. I keep putting it off. :crying:

Out of here. Be good and stay safe. Hope you Florida folks see the sunshine today!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A very late good morning.

The appt with the Orth went well. I took in the X-rays but needed to get more standing up. He gave me a steroid shot and I have an appt in 6 weeks. I was surprised it did not hurt very much and still does not. He said first is the steroid then gel shots and last resort surgery. So I will go with those.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
79 degrees here at the present time and heading towards 80 but, as Nancy posted it will be back in the low 70s tomorrow. Tonight we are expecting heavy rain and high winds. No real warming trend forecast for the forseeable future.
One piece of forwarded mail (not quite junk but nothing vitally important) and a notice from the USPS confirming that they will be forwarding our mail to our new address, Dave.
Kevin sees the doctor sometime today so we hope to have some more info soon.

Not sure that there are any new restaurants around here, that we haven't already checked out, K2. We have been coming to this part of Florida since my parents first moved here in the 80's so we pretty much know all of the good dining spots, though some of the good ones have long since ceased operating. We do have a few favorites and will be checking them out while we are here.
Not sure I have an answer to your question, Lee.
Football is a curious beast. Don't worry about that tremendous debt you owe :cool: we know where you live (and broken bones usually heal)
Nice to hear that the Drury treats its "regular" guests so well. One of these days we will have to book a stay at one of their properties to check it out, but as an Elite member of the Marriott chain, the free nights and other bennies we get keep us loyal.
Wish I could promise better weather for you when you finally arrive in FL, but whatever you find will still be better than what you left north of the border.