Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Just saw the news that Bill Belichick and the Patriots are parting ways. With so many head coach positions open there should be some interesting developments in the NFL over the next several months.
The roller coaster temperatures here look to continue at least well into next week if not longer. Today's high is expected to be 65,
tomorrow 81, and on Sunday 68. Next week is more of the same with temperatures in the 60s and 70s and a week from Saturday-55 degrees. Lots of rain for the next several days. Not sure when, or if, we will get to the community pool.
Received our invitation to the January 20th three night pre-inaugural cruise of Royal Caribbean's newest megaship, Icon of the Seas. We have a Central Park balcony on deck 8 and the only port of call will be Coco Cay. Looking forward to it.
Hope you enjoy your time in St.Augustine, Lee and LuAnn. It was always one of my favorite places when my mother's cousin and her family lived there and owned a drive-in restaurant on US 1. That was a great bargain for those golf shirts. Stay safe and let us know when you get to your final destination.
There was no forwarded mail in the box yesterday, Dave. Who knows what today will bring?

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
DAVE…. So inquiring minds want to know WHO got to TEST DRIVE the New toilet? :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Bill: You and Rita make sure when you go on that Icon of the Seas cruise that you DO NOT GO ON ANY JET SKI’s!;)
For 3 days you should be able to get away with a Back-Pack and not worry about any luggage issues. Toothbrush/paste, meds, undies, 2 tops, light jacket. Wear comfortable shoes.
Cell phone.
Walk around the ship and check it all out! Wonder just where Bielichick will end up??

Like you said lots of moving around happens this time of the year!

Made it to the East side for hair cut without any snow or traffic issues. It’s basically melted for now. We stopped at our Super Krogers on the way home with the shopping list. No way do we want to go out this weekend and into next week when temps will be close to ZERO with wind chill and on off snow. :eek: Only going down the street for PT.

Karen…Hi there! :wavey:

Lee: How’s Ava adjusting to the trip so far? Did you get to the Lighthouse today?

Later gang.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good afternoon everyone.
This hotel is NOT a Drury Kathie. It is an independent property, Southern Oaks Inn. It is clean but tired. It got good reviews and is very pet friendly. SNOW!! I guess we got out of town just in time. You and Art be careful. Thanks for checking in on us.

I’m looking forward to seeing the new bathroom too Dave. I must admit that yesterday’s drive was more tiring than Tuesday’s drive through the storms. Likely due to day three on the road.
We used to play golf regularly. I have always liked golf shirts and to score 4 for the price of one, as Bill said, was a great deal.
A whole new era for your Patriots Bill. Enjoy that “floating country” you’re heading out on.
Hopefully everyone in your area weathered the storms the other day Karen. And the wee kitties too!
St. Augustine was a bit of a conundrum. It doesn’t seem to know if it wants to be touristy like Niagara Falls or Key West or quaint and artsy… We did have a great lunch at Harry’s and raised a glass of red to our dearly loved and missed Joyce and Pat.
IMG_6748.jpeg
Ava is doing pretty well. Today she has logged almost 5 miles walking with us. Many places including Harry’s welcomed her.
I do believe I see a glass of wine headed for me!
Take good care of yourselves my friends.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Sorry, just a quick check in for me, yesterday & today were "running" days & now I've run out of steam! Scooter ended up at the vet's again this afternoon for an eye infection, $144 later I have to put antibiotic ointment in her eye twice a day, Oh what fun! Got the 1st dose in when we got home & lived to tell the tale so hopefully she won't fight it to badly once she realizes it will make her feel better. Oven timer is going off so dinner is close to ready & yes, a glass of wine is included in tonight dinner.
Catch up with you all tomorrow

A’Burg Guy

Poor Scooter and poor Karen. If only our fur kids understood that some of the things we have to do for them is for their own good.
I’m sorry the pic posted so big.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Bill: You and Rita make sure when you go on that Icon of the Seas cruise that you DO NOT GO ON ANY JET SKI’s!;)
For 3 days you should be able to get away with a Back-Pack and not worry about any luggage issues. Toothbrush/paste, meds, undies, 2 tops, light jacket. Wear comfortable shoes.
Cell phone.
Walk around the ship and check it all out! Wonder just where Bielichick will end up??

Like you said lots of moving around happens this time of the year!
Have no fear, our days on Jet Skis are long past. We will have scooters on the ship or we probably wouldn't make it from one end of the ship to the other on any of its 20 decks by walking, though the exercise would be beneficial. I'm looking forward to checking out some of their new dining venues but will pass by the water slides and other water park features that will appeal to the younger set. It also gives Rita an opportunity to check out the various stateroom categories that will help her advise any clients who decide to book Icon in the future. Had a certificate for a free night at a Marriott property that was due to expire at the end of next month so that will make this "free" trip a little less expensive.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. It has been very cool all day and during the middle we got same rain.

I have worked a bunch on the LEGO set I am doing. So I am done with it for the night and maybe even tomorrow.

Tomorrow the temp is supposed to get to 81, will see.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen hopefully you caught Scooters Eye infection early enough that it will clear up pretty fast. How do you get a hold of Scooter? Does she still have sharp claws? :oops:

Lee: Those glasses of wine were a ‘generous pour’. :clap002: We were in St Augustine in March and it was still not overly crowded. Nice job on Ava’s behalf walking 5 miles!

Bill: Snap a few pictures while on the Icon. Hopefully RCCL will go all out on the food venues since there will be a lot of TA’s aboard..

Time for Mich State Univ Basketball.

Red Wings are at home playing Edmonton Oilers! And the score is TIED 1-1!

Dave/Kathi stay warm! Brrr

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Thanks so much for the pictures, K2. You got a bit more than we did. The TEST DRIVE of the new toilet was done by our nephew/contractor. I've mention posting the before & after photos of the new 1/2 bath to Kathi. It came out looking marvelous. And as usual our nephew made it look better than we expected. Way too good for just a tool-room.

My goodness Bill, so many of the people we knew the patriots for have bailed out. I too couldn't imagine getting around on the giant Icon Of The Seas without a scooter.

It's ALWAYS nice hearing for you KC, even when you're out of steam and can't write a long post. Sounds like a wrestling match giving Scooter eye drops. How's the scratches coming along? :)

I happen to like big pictures, Lee. I'd bet those leaky glasses needed to be topped off more than once. In my never to be humble opinion golf shirts are the same as tropical shirts, they only lack pictures of palm trees. Both roomy and comfy. And if you're like me, and any other little kid, they are pull-over shirts that you never unbutton.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Freezing Winter Solstice GIF
Yup..it’s cold in PURE MICHIGAN and will be getting COLDER ALL WEEKEND! :eek: No snow, winds calm so far….but it’s a coming! Amazing it’s 34F Real Feel 32F at 9:00 a.m.

Lee: I hope the weather chart is WRONG for your area. It shows 64F and rainy until 2pm! Not how you wanted to start your Florida vacation.

Hope you have a good day and find a bakery or good Coffee Shop. Not sure either exist in the South! Hugs to and hello’s to Lu-Ann and Ava!
Dave:
Can’t wait to see your new 1/2 bath. What a connivence to save trying to make it up the stairs in time! :toilet:
I'm off to make us a late breakfast of bacon and eggs.
Then I need to do those darn exercises.
Today I‘m going to walk down into the basement to find the boxes for the Christmas STUFF that is all on the dining room table. It’smdriving me nuts to see it not put away. Then tomorrow it's time to get those ribbons and decorations off the kitchen cabinets. Sure will look plain once all that comes down.
You all take care and enjoy the weekend. Hopefully th SUN WILL SHINE AND WARM UP FLORIDA.

SPEAKING OF FLORIDA, our dear Pat would have gone Jersey on this news Statement!
The Florida legislature is doing it’s best to get the DICTIONARY removed from school Libraries because of the word “SEX” is in It. That’s one crazy Group of weirdos in Florida!

A’Burg Guy

That’s one crazy Group of weirdos in Florida!
Crazier and weirder when you’re here Kathie. We’ve seen stuff this trip only Ripley’s believe it or not should display. Or Rod Serling’s twilight zone…
It’s 62F right now headed for 71F so they say.
Ya Dave, that’s why I like three button golf or polo shirts. Comfortable and loose. Spot on about the buttons too.
Now tell me Bill, are there recharging stations on Icon for scooters? :D
Those Lego gardens are perfect for me Nancy. I couldn’t kill the plants!
I hope you enjoyed your glass of wine with dinner as much as I did mine Karen.
Off to a Bealls to look for a couple of pairs of less expensive (cheap) shorts. It started to rain so we might as well “shop hop”.
I’ll be so glad to get to Sunshine’s house tomorrow to start our official winter break.
Everyone please be careful out there today. And every day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. I have been busy this morning. First was to take a couple of items to UPS for return to Amazon. Then to Publix for some scallops. Once home I took a couple of plants that I got boards for and put them on then nailed both to the Oak tree. If you are on Facebook you can see a photo.

The temp outside is up to 82, so I am in shorts.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Not sure that there will be charging stations on Icon for the scooters, but on all of their other ships, someone from Housekeeping has taken our scooters from outside our stateroom, charged them overnight, and returned them to us in the morning. Easy peasy.
Today is a warm day in most, if not all, of Florida. At present it is 76 and expected to reach 81 by 3pm. The temps will then begin to drop again to the low 70s tomorrow and high 60s on Sunday. Low temperatures most of next week including temperatures in the 50s next Wednesday and Saturday. I don't think we have had a day yet that came close to the average temperature for this location for this time of year. As I was typing we suddenly had a brief but very heavy downpour of rain that ended almost as quickly as it began. -Crazy weather!
Patriots have hired their linebacker coach, Jerod Mayo, as their new head coach. He was highly regarded a linebacker coach and his promotion is viewed by most fans, as well-deserved.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: I’m sure you will be able to rest tad easier once you get to “Sunshine’s” place and get settled in! What an interesting name. Is that her real name or the name of the house?

Bill: 20 decks on the Icon! Hope if doesn’t tip over! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Do you bring your own scooters or reserve them from the ship? They should have a open area for “Scooter Derby’s” :crazy01:

What port do you leave from for the cruise?

Off to actually start a new book that the kids got me for Christmas. It’s called “Hello Sunshine!” Something we haven’t seen in weeks! :oops::cool:

Dave get Kathi to post the pictures when she has a minute.

Later…

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
WOW! Now that’s one fantastic looking 1/2 bath! Great pictures. Tell Kathi thanks for posting them. Love the mirror, sink and special toilet! Your nephew did an excellent job. Kudos to him. And quick too!

Just got notice that one of our former priests passed away. I saw and talked to him at my Brothers funeral in August. He officiated the service. He was in his mid 80’s. So glad we had our long memory conversation those 2 days.

Winds are blowing over here. :oops: Storm is coming tonight! Just hope we don’t loose power from down lines.

A’Burg Guy

Good looking addition to the basement Dave. It looks like a job the guys here would tackle. And we have a whole appreciation for the work skilled trades can do.
Sunshine is her real name Kathie. She is one amazing lady. And not just because of how well she treats Lu-Ann and I. Here is an article that describes a little of what she and others endured in September of 1986 on PanAm flight 73.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/7963303/hostage-pan-am-flight-terrorist-saved-me/
I was picturing Tesla like chargers around the ship Bill! I heard it through good authority that during his playing days with The Patriots the only way to keep Jerod from wrecking havoc on the opposing offence was to “hold The Mayo”. ;)
Check out is 11:00 am tomorrow morning and check in is 4:00 pm so we have lots of time to make the drive, pick up supplies and settle in. So, that said, we’ll see you all Saturday from, as our Pat called it, Ki$$immee.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. The temp stayed in the low 80's almost all day and only now at 76.

All have a good night.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Kind of a crazy weather day. Quite warm and sunny but interrupted every so often by a brief but very heavy rain shower accompanied by strong winds. Dropped off a couple of prescriptions at the pharmacy and picked up a few groceries. While getting the groceries in the car, we met Dianne's sister who, along with her husband, is here for a few weeks and is staying at the condo complex where we stayed two years ago. We made tentative plans to get together with them and Dianne and Rich next week before we head to Miami.
Mail delivery here has been less than stellar. Today, January 12th, I received a "Priority Mail" package that Lisa mailed to me on January 6th and should have arrived here on the 9th. In the same mail were items forwarded through the regular process that only took 3 days to arrive.
We rent the scooters we use onboard the ship from a company called Special Needs at Sea and have been very pleased with them. On a ship as large as Icon they will be invaluable.
Looks like you folks in the Midwest are due for another stormy weekend. Stay safe.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: I’m at a loss for words after reading the article of what Sunshine and Mike went through. Very emotionally touching. She still must live with that when something ‘tiggers’ the past and what she went through. God bless this woman and the man named Mike.
How did she come to tell you about this, if I may ask.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Safe driving tomorrow. It will be nice to be back at the familiar rental. Wonder if you‘ll find any changes inside the house this year?

Well, it stopped snow/raining for NOW. More to come later tonight and the HIGH winds and drop in temps start Saturday through next week. Lee & Lu-Ann got out of Canada just in time! Whew!

Ed came by and cleared our property of the snow. :clap002: Grateful….even though we do pay him in advance for the season.

Good night Wrabbits!
Sleepy Good Night GIF