Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. The Dr appt went well. No plans for today.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Deputy Security Officer
Glad to see the Lions prevail in last night's game, K2. 32 years is a long time between playoff wins though not as long as the Red Sox took to win a World Series again.
Anyone who took the over
in the Dallas game should have collected a bundle. Seemed like every time that I looked up someone was scoring. I suspect that Jerry Jones is right now considering who will be the Cowboys coach next year and Mike McCarthy isn't on his list.
More playoffs on today's TV schedule, but neither of them includes my Pats. The speculation about where Belichick will end up continues, with Atlanta the latest rumor. I don't see Bill and Jerry getting together though.
One
advantage that we now have in our "golden years", KC is that if we decide we aren't going to do something now, it can usually wait til later.
Loved your squirrel video Lee, and found your story about Sunshine fascinating. Such an amazing history.
That was some blast of wind, Dave. Guess a damaged screen door is still a lot better than what might have happened.
Nasty weather is still prevalent around the country so stay safe everyone.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
OK, so yes, the trash is collected daily. The folks collecting the garbage are called “Trash Valets”. They go house to house and take the properly bagged garbage to the curb. There is a small John Deere garden sized tractor that pulls a trailer and one of the folks puts the garbage bags in the trailer. From there it goes to the service / maintenance area and into the industrial sized compactor. We used to get twice a week garbage and once a week recycling. But there have always been “valets” who, back then, wheeled the bin to the curb for the big garbage truck to pick up and dump and then put them back. Now, aren’t you sorry that you asked.
Well Kathie, let me think. Two couples from our old neighbourhood in Ayr are here. Three sets of friends from Amherstburg are in the vicinity and our friends from Edmonton, Alberta are here too.
That seems more reasonable than I was expecting for the scooter rental Karen. The cost for pet care doesn’t surprise me either. I say go on that cruise. Enjoy time with your sisters.

More playoffs on today's TV schedule, but neither of them includes my Pats.
Unless there’s a pro - am golf tourney on TV Bill. I guess I shouldn’t laugh until today’s game is over. My guys may be hitting the links with your guys.
Off and on rain so far all day. We headed to Trader Joe’s where I discovered, much to my dismay, that “two buck chuck” is now $4.49! Inflation is making it hard to keep up. LOL!
Enough rambling from me…

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Nice chatter on here Wrabbits!

Lee: That’s a lot of your friends down in your area. Hope you can all meet up for a nice brunch/lunch while you’re there! Bummer on the rain on and off!
I’m watching the “Weather Channel” and Nashville has more snow than our area has had TOTAL all season here. Crazy. I love watching this station. Great LIVE coverage.
You may have pushed RAIN going South, but it could have been much worse. So glad you made it there safe and sound.
We get really good tasting wine at our Krogers for $3.99. Before Covid same wine was $2.99!
Best wine is $8.99 a Liter by LIBERTY CREEK , their Founders Blend Red. A local high end Italian restaurant close by serves it as their house wine. Prices have, of course, gone up for that house wine too.

Karen: You girls have a lot of pets now and I can see how it would get expensive to find someone to come and feed and look after them all. Dogs take even more looking after since they need to go outside. Good luck with whatever you finally decide. That cruise would be for 2024 or 2025?

Nashville. 13 degrees now at 3:30 pm / feels like 1 degree! That’s crazy!
IMG_9844.jpeg

Bill: We’ll be watching that game in snowy Buffalo. Early start of 4:30 on channel 233 here in our area. The stadium was offering fans $30 s hour to clear off ALL THE SNOW on the stadium seats and couldn’t find enough responders! The stadium is so open I can’t imagine sitting and watching the game. You’d have to be a TRUE FAN and nuts.

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
CORRECTION ON THE SNOW REMOVAL IN BUFFALO.
SHOULD BE $20 bucks a hour offered …. NOT $30.
Still a Lot of seats full of snow in the pictures! :eek:

A’Burg Guy

I’m glad you corrected that snow shovelling rate Kathie! At $30 a hour we were half way to the airport to catch a flight to Buffalo! LOL!
What you never want to see is Jim Cantore on your street. We were in Rehoboth Beach, DE when Sandy was making its way up the coast towards NY. Reporting from the end of the street by the beach was Jim!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Kathie, cruise is booked for Sept. 22, 2024. We booked it last year but really having 2nd thoughts about it now. Barb is the one who really wants to go but she won't go by herself.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well the rain started about 5 and so far we have gotten 3.11 inches and it is back to raining hard.

Everyone up North stay warm and with the snow, don't go out unless you really have to.

All have a good night.

A’Burg Guy

Just don’t try it if you’ve got sticky stuff around your mouth.
That is really amazing. I guess it has the same effect as when the Mom cat picks up her kittens.
Off and on rain here too Nancy but not that heavy.
Friends were headed to Chattanooga and the roads were so bad they pulled off and got the last hotel room at the LaQuinta in Knoxville. How bad were the roads?? Jim drove all over The US and Canada for a major transport company. For him to bail the travelling must have really been bad!
G’nite folks.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
NECG: Congrats on the Buffalo Bill’s win!
Now to come to the LION’s DEN next week! At least it will be inside a COVERED WARM stadium! All the best to both teams!

It’s really early game time 3:00!

IMG_9846.png

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: I feel really bad for anybody that was traveling North the past few days. Glad your friends were smart enough to get off the Hwy and able to get a motel room.
I still remember the year we were traveling South and had just got through Atlanta and stopped to have lunch and saw the back-up and accidents on I75 in the hub of Atlanta on a TV. Cars all over the road and people stranded from freezing Black Ice. ( Almost worst than snow) We were so lucky.
Just have to watch the weather stations big time this time of the year. The Snowbirds will all be decending on the hwy’s big time the next few weeks. :eek:

Dave: Hope you’re staying nice and warm and not going outside for anything. Suppose to be this FRIGID ALL WEEK!

Karen: Make sure to look for my the video I posted and let me know what you think! :oops:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
And the Bills WIN another game!

Will the last person out of Canada please turn out the lights. Wow Lee, how much trash do you people make in one day? This sounds like one of those times where somebody made something that is simple, complicated.

Spit that cat hair out, K2. Cool idea, but count me out.

$175 for a scooter, for a 5 night cruise, is cheaper than I was expecting, KC.

Bill; I see that they are already running adds for The Icon Of The Seas.

Another cold day for us. Not going out anywhere. I hit the remote-start for my car yesterday to keep the battery charged up. And after 15 minutes it automatically turns the car off.

A’Burg Guy

Oh geez Bill. I think Kathie’s post should also have included “open wound and rub with salt!!
NECG: Congrats on the Buffalo Bill’s win!
Kathie, Bill is a New England Patriots fan through and through.
It was a pretty good game. When The Bills missed that field goal with 2:00 I thought “oh oh”. But the defence held and managed to keep the clock running down by keeping Pittsburgh inbounds.
We put out one bag of trash yesterday Dave. If cardboard, glass and plastic were recycled we still wouldn’t be close to even one bag. At home because we recycle we‘re lucky if we have enough garbage for our weekly pickup.
Anyway, it was 67F and very foggy at 5:45 this morning. Shorts and a golf shirt were the chosen attire. Ava and I had a nice, quiet walk and only passed one other person who was out for a jog.
Everyone have a wonderful day. If your weather is unpleasant, stay in. No point going out in the freezing and dangerous cold.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Yet another correction!
Sorry Negc!
Lions play the Tampa Buccaneer’s at Detroit on Sunday at 3:00 pm.

Just got carried away AGAIN! Ha ha. Oops

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Morning Glory GIF
Still cold here. Hope the Sun shows up today!

I have nothing for you this morning.

Lee: Good to know you got the SHORTS on for the morning walk with Ava. :clap002:

Have a safe and fun day all.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. My plans for today are laundry.

K2, where I am in FL the Snow Birds are here. A ten minute drive is now at least 15 minutes or even 20. And I will say there are unfortunately many that make you wonder how they managed to get here with how slow they drive.

All have a great day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good Mornoon, since I probably won't get this posted before 12 I thought I would cover all the bases.

Kathie, I've seen that cat video before, but it wouldn't work for putting the ointment in Scooters eyes because her face would be turned away from me & the last thing I want to do is poke her in the eye with the tube. She doesn't really fight me, it's just a pain getting the ointment squeezed out enough to go in her eye without it being to long & wasting it. Only a couple more days to go & she's done with it.

Dave, smart move staying inside while it's cold & snowy. I was surprised at the price of the scooter rental as well.

Nancy, not only are the snowbirds clogging up the roads they are wandering around the stores, blocking the aisles & running into you. Can't wait till Easter & they go home.

Lee, Don't put the long pants to far away, it's supposed to get down right cold around here tonight. I was surprised how warm & foggy it was outside early this morning.

Met one of my friends from church for breakfast this morning, she had called last night to tell me she had a book she was going to loan me & asked if I'd like to meet for breakfast, yeck yea!! We went to a little hole in the wall place near her house that I used to go to with my dad. The 2 of us had 2 eggs, hash browns, 1 pancake & coffee and the bill came to $10.70 for both of us. I treated her since I found out she had bought a new copy of the book & was giving it to me instead of waiting to get her book back from the person she'd loaned it too.
Starting to hear some thunder rumbling now & saw on the weather earlier we are under a tornado watch. The weather this winter has just been really weird! Have a good day all & stay safe and warm!

billg3540

Deputy Security Officer
We were rooting for the Bills yesterday though watching the game was somewhat difficult because the local TV station was interrupting the program to cover, some might describe it as "over cover" the storm and possible tornadoes just south of us. We were lucky and didn't even see any lightning or hear any thunders this time.
Josh Allen certainly demonstrated his value to his team with a couple of those runs and any team that beats Mike Tomlin and the Steelers is okay in my book. Next week, while we are on Icon, we will be rooting for the Bills again against KC. They have been adverting the Icon on tv for several weeks, Dave and occasionally their
next ship, Utopia, mostly on NFL games.
Some snow birds may drive slow Nancy, but Florida drivers who speed like heck to make it through a yellow light before it turns red, if they fail to make it, then, when the red light eventually turns green, take forever to wake up and recognize that fact and begin to move forward. I've seen it take them as long as 20 seconds to move and by then only a few cars make it through before it turns red again.
Another gloomy start to the day. Kind of reminds me of the first year when we stayed in Ft. Myers and I think a new record was set for the amount of rainfall in the month of January.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
This is the latest LEGO Tranquil Garden. Hardest part was getting the Tea Room on the stilts and in place on the base.

Now to make room for it.

Attachments

• Tranquil Garden side 1.jpg
    Tranquil Garden side 1.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Tranquil Garden side 2.jpg
    Tranquil Garden side 2.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Tranquil Garden Side 3.jpg
    Tranquil Garden Side 3.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 0