Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
Good luck tomorrow Dave. Odds are you will see better, at least I did.
Lee. I like only one topping, pepperoni. that is how I started with pizza over 70 years ago and have stuck with it. I'm not very adventurist with my food.
I may keep up with the game but I won't watch all of it, hope to see Swiftie cheering Kansas.
Enjoy the game.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
There's little chance that you won't see Taylor Swift cheering on Kelce and his fellow KC teammates. She is a magnet to the TV cameras and as much as I would like to see the 49ers beat Kansas City, I believe she will likely have a lot to cheer about.
Dinner last night at Ocean Grill was excellent, though expensive, with good food and excellent service. Almost as good as on Symphony. A nice way to conclude our anniversary.

Reverted to our old ways and slept in until the morning was almost over.
Rita is on her way to Walgreen's to pick up her prescriptions and, wonder of wonders, my prescription that I dropped off weeks ago, is finally available. Not sure whether Walgreen's or
my primary care was most responsible for the delay but based on my previous experiences with this Walgreens, my bet is on them. If we are here next year I will be looking at some other pharmacy.
The pizza that we had in Sorrento's on Symphony was surprisingly good. Plain cheese for me, pepperoni and extra cheese for Rita. About the only topping I like on pizza is hamburg
and that wasn't one of the options in Sorrento's.
Go 49ers.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Mike: I DON’T “munch” when binge watching TV series. Ha Ha! Too funny.
And I saw that Serbian good night you wrote. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Bill: We have an Ocean Grill not far from our house by the “Upscale Mall!” They go hand in hand! We celebrated a
B-Day or Anniv there years ago and it was VERY EXPENSIVE back then. Glad you had a good meal.

We went to see our daughter and family earlier. Actually, dropped off 4 Valentine cards w/ lotto scratch offs inside. Cheaper to drive over and deliver cards in person than to spend money on the postage. Crazy how rates keep going up.

Hope everyone’s favorite team wins. We just had “Little Pigs in a blanket. Chicken Wings coming up later. I’m already full. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Dave: Good luck with the eye surgery. You’ll do just fine. Take a dark hand towel to put over your head to avoid the LIGHT on the drive home if it’s sunny. They’ll give you DARK GLASSES to wear home!
Go to bed when you get home and rest. :emoticon 0115 inlove:

Out of here Wrabbits!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Of course we are watching the Super Bowl.

I made Cheese Steak Subs for our dinner and they came out good as usual.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
One GREAT, edge of your seat, overtime, Super Bowl game last night. And yes, my team won.

Was NOT impressed with the half-time show or any of the commercials. Neither was aimed at my generation.

Time to start getting ready for my "fun" day.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Have a great “fun” day Dave.
Really good Super Bowl.
Time to walk the pup. And go back to bed. I’m getting too old for these late night exciting OT games! :D

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well the Super Bowl was an exciting game. Glad that Kansas won. The cheese steak subs came out real good.

Yesterday afternoon our across the street neighbor came over to invite us to their house Tuesday for a Fat Tuesday party. Their daughter lives just outside New Orleans and last year sent one King Cake and this year she sent 2, so this will be a nice party.

Dave hope all goes/went well for you today.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

OK, so I didn’t go back to bed. Lu-Ann was up early so we switched our Contemporary Resort breakfast to today. Food was good but the restaurant was the least favourite of all of the WDW properties we have sampled for breakfast. The atmosphere was “cold” and it had no character.
I’ll be checking back periodically to see if there’s any updates on Dave.
Be good everyone.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
A much better than average Super Bowl game that held our interest until the overtime ended. Not sure that I can even remember most of this year's commercials, but Bostonians probably really enjoyed the Dunkin' ad with Ben, Tom, Matt and JLo. My team lost and the kicker who missed the extra point will likely take most of the blame.
Hope Dave's "fun day" turns out to be "fun".
Looking forward to this week's return of CBS' regular programming.
Sorry to hear that your Contemporary Resort breakfast wasn't better. It has been many years since we did that but it seemed much better than what you experienced.

It's about time for a haircut so I will check out for the time being. Have a great week everyone.

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
Be careful of those fun days Dave, they can get you into trouble.
I watched part of the game and all of the last 5 minutes. I always feel sorry for the losing team but was glad KC won.
Is tomorrow Fat Tuesau???
What kind of dog do you have? I would like to get a cat but Fay won't take care of it.
:rolleyes: A few houses behing us have cats, When the cats are let out, when I open the door they run away, can't make friends with them. My daughter used to have a Maine Coon and a Rag doll cat. When ever I visited them the Main Coon would lay on my lap.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
DAVE........CAN YOU SEE US NOW?? (hopefully everything went smoothly and you're home resting that eye).

Super Bowl commercials SUCKED! (oops.... I guess I was just a tad too honest with my opinion) Ha ha.
LOVED that Kansas won it's 2nd Super Bowl Game in a row. They only showed Taylor about 3 times that I could see.
It was a FANTASTIC FINAL TOUCHDOWN! And to think that guy just came on board the team this year from the Jets. He said he didn't remember much after catching the ball and running it across the line. "I PASSED OUT" were his words! :)

Art got a good report at the RETINA Dr's earlier this morning. Doesn't have to use one of the expensive drops anymore and doesn't go back for 6 months. Told he needs to use DROPS A LOT MORE OFTEN to avoid his DRY EYE SYNDROME!

We're off to PT in a few
minutes. My Knee is actually "GOOD - Better than GOOD" today! Whooppee. Thank goodness. I have a check-up with the Surgeon on Wednesday.

Lee: I was never very impressed with Contemporary Resort at Disney. It needs a MAJOR OVERHAUL to bring it up to date if you ask me. Back in the day it seemed they left out the cozy feeling.

Mike: Good for you watching the last 5 mins of Overtime. BEST PART OF THE ENTIRE Super Bowl. :clap002::clap002::clap002:

Out of here for now.

OKAY MS. KAREN.... time to get your skinny butt back into the HUTCH. VACATION IS OVER!

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
You must have missed some of the shots, Kathie. By my count they showed her at least twice that many times, including once when she appeared to be chewing her nails. :) I thought that Reba did a great job singing the National Anthem, without all the embellishments that some of the previous artist have made that, to me at least, distracted from the anthem.
Been quite a while since we have done anything at WDW except visiting Dit sney Springs and the
Ghirardelli shop. The kids and grandkids still check out both Disney and Universal when they are down here but for us, it is "been there, done that".
Kevin does not need surgery for his back and is back on full duty so that is good news.
Nothing on today's agenda, but do need to check the mail box. Post office held our mail while we were cruising but I don't expect that there will be much since they only forward first class mail and most of what we get is "junl".

A’Burg Guy

Great news about Kevin’s back Bill. I’m sure that you’re all relieved. No free chocolate at Ghirardelli’s any more. I forgot, I have to buy one and enjoy it for Kathie the next time we’re there. It’s tradition.
About the Super Bowl…I never did see that T. Swift run with the ball but they sure sound fast!

they left out the cozy feeling.
And they haven’t put it back yet.
I suspect the dog question is for me Mike. Ava is a cross between a Greyhound and a Whippet. We think.
Some of you know her story so skip over this bit…there won’t be a quiz.
She, and 32 of her friends, were rescued at the gates of the slaughterhouse in China. Nope, I’m not making this up. An amazing group negotiated a price for the lot. An even more amazing group here in FL and a couple of dear friends helped Ava and a couple of others get from Taiwan to Taipei to Anchorage AK, to JFK and by land to Ft. Lauderdale. I flew from YYZ in Toronto to FLL on a Thursday morning and back on Friday afternoon with 2 pups. One for us and one for friends. From Toronto we drove to Amherstburg which is about 4 hours located a half hour south of Windsor.
Anyway, back later looking for good news from Kathi about our Father Dave.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
DAVE….HOPE YOU ARE RESTING AND DOING WELL AFTER YOUR EYE SURGERY. TAKE Care.

Negc: So good to know Kevin is NOT going to have any surgery for his
Jet-Ski mishap. Excellent news for everyone.

I stand corrected on how many times Taylor was shown at the game. We did take a hour off to watch the PBS series episode All Creatures Big and Small. I did see her Biting her nails…or pretend biting them! Ha ha.

Lee: Thanks for the re-cap on Ava‘s adventures on finding a safe home with you and Lu-Ann. I remember when you told the Hutch how you flew down to pick her and the other lucky pup up and flew back the next day. Shows lots of LOVE for sure. You and Lu-Ann are the best.

Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday! Here in our Detroit - Metro area bakeries the bakers have been working overtime all week to make thousands of
PACZKI’s. Rich donuts made with butter and filled to the brim with various jelly/custard fillings. It’s a tradition that is spreading to other cities. They are big and the calories are endless! :eek:
Good nite Wrabbits.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. It has been windy here today at times winds of over 11 mph.

I read a thing this morning about how much time Taylor was shown yesterday. a total of 55 seconds or .0003 minutes out of 4 hours for the game.

It was so late for me going to bed last night so I will be out of here in a bit.

K2 I agree about the commercials last night.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Cataract surgery went good yesterday. Well, not good, FANTASTIC. I mentioned before, when I had my eyes dilated, how bright the colors became. Now that that cloudy lens has been removed, the colors are 3 times as bright. And white things are now white and not yellowish brown. Even lights around the house seem brighter. Quite a few times I've thought that I'd left a lamp on high when it was set on low. So I'm very, very pleased about the outcome. Every 4 hours putting in eye drops to ward off any infections.

And this morning, the 1st check-up to confirm that everything went right.

You're smarter than me K2. I know how to say "paczki" but I never knew how to spell it. The last time we went to the grocery store they had a bunch of boxes of that tasty treat, and it was marked on the boxes. But I had to ask Kathi what was inside the boxes.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0at9v7-1Uvk

Lee; If I remember right, you flew down to Florida to get the 2 pups during Covid when you could fly over the border but not drive across it.

Let's just say Mike that you watched the Reader's Digest version of the Super Bowl game.

YEA! I get to eat this morning and drink some coffee.

A’Burg Guy

What great news Dave! Not only an update on a successful procedure, but an update from The Man himself.
Oh Yeah Dancing GIF

Happy Dances for everyone.
Yep, one strange adventure to get the pups out of China to the US and to Canada during no drive across the border days.
The Lakeside Cafe and Bakery in Leamington (Kathie and Art may know where that is) goes crazy busy with “Poonchkies” for a week every February. People order dozens ahead of time! And ya, they’re pretty good.
Road trip to the quaint little town of Mt. Dora today.
You all have a fantastic day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning.

Great report Dave. I had to wear the eye cover until after my appt the day after surgery so I did not notice the colors right away but agree they are all so much brighter.

I slept so much better last night and feel refreshed today.

No plans for today until this evening and then it is the Fat Tuesday party across the street.

All have great day.