Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Happy Sunday GIF
Wishing you all a good day. It's 22F/Cloudy with a Real Feel of 14F, because of the intense wind gusts. Beats snow any day.

Lee: I do have to agree with you about the families dumping THOUSANDS of dollars to see Disney this week and walking around in the chilly rain. Spring break time is starting in most school systems and not sure you could convince your kids to skip going to Disney if it's been planned for over a year. Hoping by Monday things get drier.

NO SMELLS from the SKUNK! Whew. I think he moved on!

What's a day without a revelation from the EX-Pres. Now he's got a GoFund Me acct that is racking up money by the minute. Some woman started it and you can't believe how much money some folks are dumping into it. The funny thing is that nowhere does it say that she is really donating it to him. Hard to believe GoFund Me allows these kind of posts. I guess there are enough Minon's in the USA that kiss his feet and love him. I did get a hoot out of all the Michiganders that were lined up OUTSIDE for HOURS in the OPEN FREEZING 14F degree and lower weather yesterday in Waterford, MI to see him. When they opened up the venue (a AIRCRAFT MEDAL HANGER without HEAT) they all piled into it and were still freezing. Trump had GLOVES on during the entire rally. CRAZY NUTS people.

$247,230 raised of $355,000,000 goal. This is the GoFund Me total as of now.

The UGLY TENNIS SHOE that the Orange Man is selling for $400 a pair is sold out. They said the RESALE of the shoe is now at $1,000. People where are your minds??
GGkCCCMXcAAWt07
I can't believe I've wasted this much time on this subject. Forgive me for I have SINNED on a SUNDAY.

Out of here for now. You all enjoy your day.
the problem is they have no minds

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave.... you asked:
Dave: You asked: Cool looking plantation-shutters, K2. Do they also go up and down?
YES, they move up and down and the panels slide across the middle section. The side small window panel can be opened to wash the window behind them or just leave them open if you want to. We use to have Hanging Cloth Blinds with the weights on the bottom. They were nice, but I really always wanted these. They're sturdy and easy to clean the louvers.

I was watching the OUTDOOR Hockey game at Met Stadium. WHAT A CROWD. And they look like they're freezing outside watching this Rivalry hockey game between the 2 NY teams. Sure glad it's not raining or snowing there today.
They had those in Detroit a few times. What an expense setting up the ice area.

The kids are making the best of a rainy day in Florida by going to the Clearwater Aquarium and then one of Jill's fellow workers set it up for them to go to a
restaurant in ST Pete Beach area for lunch. He knows someone there and paid for their meals and drinks. Nice to work with people that do something like that for you.
They wanted to walk around the Don Ce Sar hotel in that area, but the place wanted $25 bucks to park your car in the street parking lot. They took a picture and moved on.

A room with a Balcony starts at $647 a night. YIKES! Back in the day this place was closed down because it was run down. A Corporation bought it sunk a ton of money into it and now it's a 1st class resort hotel. Go figure.
Most everybody refers to it as "THE PINK HOTEL". (and that's dating yourself big time)

Later gang.

Last edited:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Another nasty rainy weekend here in Florida, I really feel bad for working folks lately, it's been nice thru the week & then nasty on the weekends.
We only had 3 people show up for our 9:15 mass this morning, even my 2 friends from the Villas were missing, not sure why. As I was leaving it looked like the 10:30 mass was going to have a nice turn out though.
A day without Trump would be like a day WITH Sunshine, just can't believe people continue to "worship" him.
Made a pot of taco chili yesterday & will be having repeats for dinner tonight, perfect night for it.
Stay warm, dry & safe you all!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
That is just nuts that the Buffoon is now selling $400 gold "Never Surrender" sport shoes. Plus all the crazies actually buying them.

Here's a mental picture which may ruin the rest of your morning; Picture this.......The orange guy sitting on one of his gold toilets and only wearing a pair of his gold sneakers.

I was listening to the radio last evening, Mike. And this song came up and right away I thought of you. I wonder why?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF66dn7woNM

"The Sunshine State". Oh kiss my butt. But boy do Floridians like to always brag about how warm it is. Oddly, they never mention the tornadoes or hurricanes or high prices for living there. Simply, the ONLY reason people move or visit there is because it's WARMER than what it is up north. So is Barbados.

I'm having hot chili for breakfast this morning. So KC, what makes it into taco-chili? I'm always willing to upgrade my brews.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
52F here. And wet again. 19F in The Burg. And cold and wet. I’ll take here thank you. As long as it’s dry at 5:00 a.m. Friday morning for the 5K I’m OK with it.
Did you all know that “TACOCAT” is a palindrome?
We’re starting to see a few more masks in our travels to The Springs and Publix.
Not much else after our early walk this morning.
Be good folks.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning, bright & sunny here again, but it was downright chilly when I opened the back door this morning!

Dave, you forgot to mention the high insurance rates too, since there are only a handful of companies left that will insure homes here.
Taco chili is made with a packet of taco seasoning, black beans & corn along with the ground beef, diced tomatoes & tomato juice. I put shredded cheese & sour cream on top while I am eating it.

Great song this morning, I've always liked Brad Paisley.

Kathie, good to hear your lil buddy decided to move along, we used to have all kind of wild life wander thru the yard when we lived out in the forest. How long are the kids here for?

Lee, wow the Disney race is coming up already? Hope the weather cooperates for you & LuAnn! How was the trip to Mt. Dora this year?

Bill, we had a ton of the arcades here in Belleview too but in our area they are called "fish games", the city outlawed them a few months ago but it doesn't seem like they've done much to actually shut them down.

Mike, your comment about keeping your riding lawn mower to use as "transportation" reminded me of the old Vince Gill song, Give me just one last chance. In the music video he mentions she took away his car key's but she forgot about his "old John Deere" and it showed George Jones riding down the road on a lawn mower.

Not sure what is on the agenda for today, No mail or banks today as it's Presidents Day. I might go over to the church for a little while this morning. There is a flower bed by the back door that needs some attention & it's easier to do it on the days no one is around.
Whatever you all do today, make it a good one!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well sometime after midnight the rain finally stopped. But it is supposed to be windy here today. And tonight the cold weather shelters will open for and also for the next two nights.

Today both the Xfinity race and the Daytona 500 will run. The rain should be gone now and so they can dry the track.

I have to do a load of laundry, so will start that soon.

A few years ago Max had a t-shirt that said " Tacocat spelled backwards is Tacocat." My Step-Mother got a big laugh out if it, she was a retired elementary teacher. And when we were in Grand Cayman he saw the shirt and had to get it as the one was getting too tight.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good MONDAY morning Wrabbits! 27F and Sunny. But it's a COLD 27F.

Dave & Lee: You two almost met up in the hallway this morning. Two Wrabbits passing each other to the bathroom! :smilie5:

Karen: Good for you going over and tiding up the flower beds. Don't rustle up any snakes that are still sleeping! :eek:
Kids walked to a cool looking breakfast place this morning. They're eating well from the pictures they sent. They come home Wednesday night. Just a short get-away. They both needed a break from work and Mark had Delta Miles and Marriott points he used, so it wasn't like they spent a lot of money. They were driving around in the rain yesterday. So far it's dry and sunny there. If it was me I would have spent 4 days in San Lucas. ;)

Dave: I'm not big on "Real Country type music", but I do like Brad Paisley at times.

MIKE: I think if you hold onto Fay and have the walker close by you could still do a slow stroll around the kitchen! Just be careful.

Lee/ Lu-Ann: I feel bad that you guys are getting so much rain and chilly weather. It'll get better after this ugly stuff
drifts off to the East Coast. Hang in there. It still beats the temps up here. Good to know that the Disney 5K is coming up. Can't wait to see pics of you guys. Are any of your other Canadian friends running/walking in it this year?

P.T. for both of us today. Later gang.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Just when you think that things can't get any more bizarre, Trump comes out with $399"sneakers" that no self-respecting customer of LL Bean would be caught dead in. Very scary when you realize that his cult will pay that and more to help the self-styled Billionaire pay the fines he has been hit with because of his outrageous actions.
Rain has stopped but it is windy and the skies are still overcast so I wouldn't be surprised if we had another shower or two today. Folks at the FL COC must be wondering what happened to the Sunshine State that they have been promoting for so many years.
Happy President's Day - the day when we honor a president who could not tell a lie and worry about the possible return of the one who could not tell the truth.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
It is suppoesed to be nice today and hit 60 in a few days. I Think I allready mentioned that.
Dave. you just may have ruined my cup of coffee that I was going to get. :( I liked my dancing songs just a tad faster. That song reminds me of the songs that the arms are wrapped around each other and a person says why dance.
I hope it will be dry for your 5K run Lee, my 2 daughters used to run in the half marathon, my younger daughter ran in a full marathon once. I run to the bath room and the fridge. level
It's nice of you to take care of the flower bed Karen. We are going to cut down on ours this summer. I know I will miss it. I love sitting on t he patio and looking at them. I have never heard the song Karen, I'll have to look it up. When it gets to 60 in a few days I will ride the tractor to our garden area. I'm allready thinking about planting tomatoes, may evern try to plant some gourd seeds if I can figure out where there will be 6 hours of sunlight, will need that also for the tomatoes.
K2, I tried that with one of my daughters and lost my balance, almost gave every one with a heart attack. I was trying to show my daughter an easy eastern swing step that Fay and I used to do. Hope your PT went well.
- the day when we honor a president who could not tell a lie and worry about the possible return of the one who could not tell the truth. Very good Bill. Fay gets upset when she thinks about it. The go fund me has raised a lot of money for him.
Nancy, a friend of mine would tell people that his name is Bob, spelled bob and the same spelled backwards.
Do we have a spell check on here?
I'm going to get a cup of coffee and hopefully be able to drink it if I can get a picture out of my mind.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Well, today didn't turn out quite as planned. I worked at the church for a little while, but I forgot to bring my long handle shovel & the short one I had just wasn't working to dig out the plants I wanted to seperate. Went to BJ's to get gas & the pumps weren't working due to a power surge, waited about 10 mins. but they hadn't come back up so I left. Went next door to Lowes to look at some tile to re-do the shower in my master bath. Apparently the power surge was wide spread as only about half the lights were on in the store. Couldn't really get a good look at anything so I gave up & came home.
I noticed around lunch time that Scooter seemed to be very restless & uncomfortable. I gave her a dose of Gabapentin but that didn't seem to help her much. Called the vet & got her a "work in" appt. for this afternoon. They weighed her & she had lost some weight so they did blood work, gave her fluids & a shot for nausea. They also gave me an appetite stimulate to use on her at home. They are supposed to call me tomorrow on the blood work results, my wallet is now $299.42 lighter. But it's ok, I have wine, wine makes everything better

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well the 500 just ended and a new winner. I do like the winner. No they have to clear the pit road so they can put the Xfinity cars on. They had to move the Xfinity race to after the 500 because of rain this morning and it takes 2 to 3 hours to dry the track. I do plan on watching the whole race so will stay in my chair upright so not to fall asleep.

Karen sounds like a non fun day for you.

The temp her tonight is supposed to get down to 41, already at 54. The high was 64 for about an hour.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Goi
Mike: PT went well. I like doing the bicycle the best. I wore my mask while in there because there were more folks around than usual.
Saw another neighbor. So today there were 4 of us that knew each other. Too funny. The Tech’s said we should get a “Group Rste!”

I made some Devil’s Food Whoppie Pies to take over to Eric & Ashley tomorrow along with dinner. BBQ Ribs and macaroni salad.

Karen: What a mixed up day you had. Hope Little Scooter feels better after that Vet visit.
They really should hand you a bottle of Wine when they give you your bill. BB would be proud of how you get over your shrinking wallet with WINE.

DAVE: Guess who is back!
THE S.O.B. SKUNK just must have passed through the yard again. Holy Cow it’s worse than last time. Even Art said it was bad.
My one neighbor that was at physical therapy today said he smelled it too the other day. His dog was barking too.
I think we need to get FOX URINE from the Grain Store. Somebody said that might help scare it away. They carry all kinds of stuff for critter control. Damn it smells bad.

Now stop laughing you guys!

Out of here. GOOD NIGHT.

Tired Good Night GIF by Chippy the Dog

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
OOPS!

Since our smaller grocery store, the one we go to the most, rarely has those yummy Lemon Oreo cookies Kathi ordered a large party-pack of them on Amazon. They arrived yesterday. This is where the OOPS comes in. Turns out Kathi accidentally ordered 8 of those large party-packs. Good thing we like them.

We may try your taco-chili the next time we make chili, Kc. (Minus the sour cream.) Hope Scooter is feeling better.

You said, but refresh my memory Lee what costumes are you 2 wearing on your 5K?

Me too Mike.......The only running I do anymore is running to the bathroom.

"Happy President's Day - the day when we honor a president who could not tell a lie and worry about the possible return of the one who could not tell the truth." Good one Bill.

Yes K2, a little country music in your listening is a good thing. Pepe Le Pew is a busy little fella. Have you actually spotted him? I bet he's cute.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I almost forgot to check in. Really not much to go on about today. I think at 42F my brain may be frozen.
I’m like Mike, Dave and likely Bill. Running to pee. Hmmm. Who would come in first?
Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well I managed to stay awake for all of the Xfinity race. The driver that won it was his 3rd in a row at Daytona.

Today is warmer and the wind is not as strong but still cool. The low temp for tonight/tomorrow morning is going to be in the 40's again. I did have the heat set last night to 70 and it did come on a number of times so about 5 this morning I bumped it down to 68. And right now I have the heating pad on my back as it is hurting.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Run Love GIF by Pampers
The Return of the Crusing Bunnys 1st Annual Pee Run! Staring the guys!

My money is on MIKE. He's got the walker and can zoom down the hall quickly! :smilie5: :toilet:

38F and REALLY SUNNY. The AccuWeather says the FEEL-LIKE is 50F. (give me a break)

Dave: Pepe Le Pew travels in the dark and I must admit I did turn on the deck light to see if I could spot the little Rodent, but didn't see a thing. It amazes me how the smell can get into a closed up house.
Sounds like a LOT of Lemon Oreo Cookies over your way. FREEZE them using the FoodSaver Vacuum machine to keep them from smelling like freezer burn.

Dave: I remember Lee saying he wasn't wearing the TuTu this year for the 5K run at Disney. Bummer. He looked so good in it.

Negc: What have you been up to lately? With the rain down there you must have zipped through a few books by now.

I made the food for the kids. Just need to bake the Ribs and time it to get to them nice and hot. The Devil Food GOB w/homemade buttercream filling turned out good.

Off to do some exercises here in the house.

You all behave and enjoy your day.
Bye Bye Hello GIF

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Love how my weather app says that the current temperature is 60 degrees, feels like 63!- like there is a significant difference in how those two temperatures feel. LOL
Watched a bit of the Daytona 500 yesterday Nancy but tuned out shortly after the first crashes. Did
enjoy the NCIS tribute to Ducky last night. Did anyone else catch the reference when Palmer was greeted by Ducky's dog? Nice touch to have Tony show up at the end but I had expected to see Ziva, Abby, Bishop and Gibbs as well. Perhaps in another episode.
Reading has been going a bit slower than usual recently but I am almost finished with a book by James Grippando which is set in Rhode Island and Boston and have a couple of others loaded onto my kindle so I am not lacking for reading material.
Can someone explain to me why some genius at CBS decided that an oddball minor character from the Good Wife deserves a series of her own. Really: Elsbeth?
I am sure that you will find a way to deal with Kathi's error in ordering those lemon Oreo cookies, Dave and somehow I think that your supply will need replenishment before too long.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Wednesday morning, Bunnies!

Not much comes to mind to gab about this morning.

So far, this winter is one of the warmest on record. Heck, this is February and today it's going to be in the mid 50's. Sure sucks to own a ski resort.

Looks like we may be giving out 3 of those large party-packs of Lemon Oreo cookies to grandkids. And FoodSaver freezing most of the rest of them. I mentioned your idea K2, and Kathi said she thought of it too.

GIVE THAT WOMAN SOME BEADS! :)

I think Lee should wear his Tu-Tu over any other costume he's wearing during the 5K.

Have a fun Hump-Day.