Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good evening, I am one tired puppy tonight! I was planning to paint the closets in the Master Bedroom (1 walk-in & 1 smaller closet) today since I had nothing planned for today or tomorrow. Got a call from Tom last night asking if I would go with him to pick up a bookcase Friday morning from a friend of ours. She lives close by so I said sure no problem. We were planning to pick it up at 10, so at 8:00 am I decide to go ahead & start the walk in closet. Got it all painted by a little after 9, cleaned up & then went to pick up Tom. We get to Cookies house & I find out the "bookcase" is actually a monster Armoire that had to weigh close to 100lbs! Between the 3 of us & some help at the end from Cookies yard guy we got it into my truck. Got it to Tom's & managed to get it into their spare bedroom but it was a beast! Got back home around 11:30, did the 2nd coat of paint on the walk in closet & the first coat on the smaller closet and decided I was done for the day! It's all your fault Dave!! I am planning to paint the bedroom in a couple weeks & I remembered you saying one time to paint your closets white & then you don't have to paint them every time you change room colors. Since I already had white paint I needed to use up I decided to give it a try. I must admit, they look nice & bright & fresh! I just hope I can still move in the morning to finish the smaller closet. Off to take a nice long soak in the tub!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Temp today got to 78/79 but tomorrow only will get to 74 then colder Sunday.

Bruce got the new wood up that needed to be replaced and he got it primed and painted.

Got a letter saying we would not have our home owners ins renewed because we had not responded with things being taken care of. So I quickly called the office we have to deal with and when talking with the lady found that my reply email, sent Feb 2 had gone to her spam folder and she had never checked it. So today she got those photos and new ones about the wood. So we should be getting notice that they will renew. When I worked at my last job I had company email and one thing they would every so often remind us to always check the Spam folder as you would never know what would go there. Something all companies especially small ones should do.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Yikes Karen…. I’m out of breath just reading about your day. Thank goodness for that tub! Hope you’re not too sore in the morning.

LEE & Lu-Ann…. Congrats on completing the Disney 5K. Love the pictures. You guys ROCK!

Today members of our choir went to see Nick. It was great. Our Priest came and gave him communion. We sang a few song and since it will be Nick’s 92nd B-Day next week we sang him Happy Birthday. He was moved to tears and couldn’t thank us enough. He’s as sharp as a tack mentally. A joy to visit with.
Art & I got home to a e-mail from our Choir President telling all of us that the Sr Residence did “random” COVID testing and Nick tested positive.
We do a good deed and this happens. :eek: So I went into protection mode. Off with our clothes (everything into the laundry room) and hot soapy showers for both of us! Yes, separate showers! Ha ha.
So in 5 days we will TEST to see if being in Nick’s lobby and hallway and room for 1/2 hour gave us COVID!
We googled to learn this!

By the way I was 1 of 3 members who WORE A MASK! :clap002:

That was your Bedtime story for tonight Wrabbits.

Have a good weekend all!

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
I got extremely tired of reading the posts tonight. Someone out listening to the birds. I know they were early birds, but I would like mor info.
Someone painted herself in a closet, a couple going birthday caroling. Another couple another got up early and ran aroung the neighborhood in skimp clothes and one person on t he phone getting her insxurance straightened out. I should feel guilty sleeping until 10:30 but I don't.
Thanks for t he picture Lee. Is that your daughter with you????
I think I'll rough it out tomorrow AM and sleep til 10:15,

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Get that blood flowing, Bunnies! Now that you are finally out of the sack, here's a song to dance around the breakfast table to. (I love songs that tell a story.)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smZuRnnbnY0

Great pictures of you and your bride, Lee.

One of us isn't living right, Bill. Yesterday you were watching a palm tree swaying in a warm breeze. And I was watching the limbs of leafless trees swaying in a cold wind.

Yes, I will take the blame for convincing you to paint closets white, KC. You'll really thank me the next time you paint them in white, ....with just one coat. Moving heavy furniture around now. You're going to have to post a picture of those big "guns" you've got on your arms.

And THAT is the reason you should often wear that mask, K2. Hope that Nick only tested positive for Covid and doesn't get really sick from it.

Nothing odd jumped into our grocery cart yesterday, but I did toss in one of those long skinny loaves of French Bread. I've been craving some, slathered with gobs of butter. Soft and chewy. Yum, yum, yum.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Mike, your post was PERFECT! Captured the whole day for the gang in a couple of sentences. Not to mention it made me smile.
Ya, I have been a tad quiet lately. After Lisa and Razzie left here headed towards her brother’s in Texas Razzie started feel poorly. He’d had some health issues but things were sliding. He went to the vet and his kidneys were failing. They tried a couple of things but nothing really worked. Needless to say have been worried about Lisa and Shiraz. Razzie passed earlier this week. Most of you have known me long enough to know that in our Greyhound community when someone looses a pup we all feel the loss.
So dancin’ around the table to Toby Keith was a great way to start the day.
Hugs all around, masks as required, and have a fantastic Saturday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good morning Wrabbits.

Dave: Excellent selection of a song. I listened to it as I read the morning posts. Thanks!

Dave you can slice that French Bread and put some Pizza Sauce and cheese and a couple of pepperoni slices, etc and put it under the broiler or pin an Air Fryer and you’ll have a good snack! ( I don’t have a Air Fryer)

Mike: Fantastic post. You nailed the review.

22F with a chance of getting to 30F if we’re lucky. At least there is no Snow!

Lee / Lu-Ann: Si sorry to read about Razzie. Since we all share our friends and their pets with each other on here I felt like ai knew Razzie too. So sorry for Lisa’s loss. Hope that being with family in Texas will help comfort Lisa.

My crazy husband went biking in this frigid weather. Thank goodness he has the proper clothes to keep him warm.

Karen: Hope you’re not TOO SORE from your long day of painting and moving heavy furniture yesterday. I bet you slept good last night. Tylenol would be helpful if you’re still sore today. You never cease to amaze me with all you do and most of it is for others. Bless you.

I’m thinking of making some yeast rolls filled with cheese sometime this morning. Saw a recipe and printed it off. Might help warm up the kitchen on this chilly day.
It‘s mornings like this that I’d love a BIG CUP OF STRONG COFFEE! Might have to buy some K-cups of DECAF to satisfy my craving! I’ve been really good for the past 11 weeks just drinking decaf Tea.

Negc: Any plans of going to any baseball games in the area? Seems funny to even say the WORD BASEBALL when it’s so cold up here!

You all have a good day. Be safe and wear your masks in crowds.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well the temp did not fall as low as they said it would.

K2, I would not survive in the temps you are having. Been in Florida way to long, 57 years last November. I drink one cup of regular coffee and then switch to Decaf, started doing that after drinking only decaf after my Gall Bladder surgery, which I was never told how long to only drink decaf but I did it for almost 2 years.

Today Bruce is working on setting a form to pour a concrete step just off the back step as right now it is hard for me to go down on to the ground. And at times I sort of semi fall.

Starting at 11:30 I will be watching NASCAR for a few hours starting with Cup qualifying and ending this evening with the Xfinity race having watched the truck race in between.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Your mention of "dancing around the breakfast table", Dave brought back memories of my early childhood when we would do just that when listening to Don McNeil's Breakfast Club on the radio.
You need to pace yourself, Karen or cut back a bit on helping out your friends and
neighbors and make more room for some "me-time" in your daily schedule.
I only drink decaf now and usually only one cup in the morning. I'm not sure that I can tell the difference any more, so I decided to stick with the decaf. I do drink caffeinated products like Coca Cola so it isn't like I have totally eliminated caffeine from my diet.
Given the choice between watching swaying palm trees in Florida or leafless trees back home, it is no contest which I would choose. I suspect that most
people would do the same.
Vero Beach used to be the home of the Dodgers (Brooklyn and LA) and one section of town where the baseball field and sports complex is located is called Dodgertown, but no longer is the site of an MLB team. This weekend there is a tourney of Historically Black Colleges and Universities teams being held at the stadium. I think the closest site for an MLB team's Spring Training is in West Palm Beach but I don't think we will be going there even if the Red Sox are playing. In the years that we spent winter months in Ft. Myers we usually attended a couple of games at Jet Blue Park to watch the Red Sox.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good evening!

Lee, so sorry to hear about Razzie's passing, pet's are family & no matter whose they are it hurt's us when we lose one. Sending hugs to you all!

Kathie, what a bummer, sure hope no one else from your group ends up with covid! Good idea on wearing a mask now when we go out anywhere.

Bill, I really do try to pace myself, but I get bored easily if I'm not doing something, I really am getting a "little" better at saying No to some help requests though.

Nancy, sure hope you are able to get the insurance straightened out, shopping for insurance in Fl is no fun at all!

Mike, great re-cap of the Bunnies Friday activities. Sure hope you were able to sleep in as late as you wanted.

Dave, nice song to start the day with, no dancing for me this morning though. That bakery French bread is my downfall! We had some Wednesday night at the church soup supper, I think our table polished off a loaf by ourselves!

Surprisingly I wasn't to terribly sore this morning, I think the hot bath helped. Got the 2nd coat of paint on the small closet and then decided to go to Lowes & look at some tile for my master bath shower. I'm thinking about having it redone, it's a big walk in shower but the tile is all different sizes, looks like someone just tiled it with whatever they had laying around. I'm having a problem finding a tile I like, I know I want a white "marble" look tile, but I don't want a lot of heavy veining. I found a couple that will work, now the fun part trying to find a contractor to do it.

Tomorrow will be the first time in 3 weeks I've gone to both 9:15 & 10:30 mass, finally have most of our choir members over covid so we can sing.
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday gang!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Your mention of "dancing around the breakfast table", Dave brought back memories of my early childhood when we would do just that when listening to Don McNeil's Breakfast Club on the radio.
You need to pace yourself, Karen or cut back a bit on helping out your friends and
neighbors and make more room for some "me-time" in your daily schedule.
I only drink decaf now and usually only one cup in the morning. I'm not sure that I can tell the difference any more, so I decided to stick with the decaf. I do drink caffeinated products like Coca Cola so it isn't like I have totally eliminated caffeine from my diet.
Given the choice between watching swaying palm trees in Florida or leafless trees back home, it is no contest which I would choose. I suspect that most
people would do the same.
Vero Beach used to be the home of the Dodgers (Brooklyn and LA) and one section of town where the baseball field and sports complex is located is called Dodgertown, but no longer is the site of an MLB team. This weekend there is a tourney of Historically Black Colleges and Universities teams being held at the stadium. I think the closest site for an MLB team's Spring Training is in West Palm Beach but I don't think we will be going there even if the Red Sox are playing. In the years that we spent winter months in Ft. Myers we usually attended a couple of games at Jet Blue Park to watch the Red Sox.
Port St Lucie has the Mets for Spring training and continue with a minor league team. Then Jupiter has teams.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Any sore throats from howling at the full moon last night?

Yes Lee, anyone who has had a pet knows the pain & heartbreak when they pass. And our empathy encompasses even when it's a friend's pet.

That's a very interesting idea K2 of putting pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni on a slice of French bread for a snack. Bet ya that it's going to be tried around here soon. I just couldn't cut drinking tea every morning. It's got to be regular or at least decaf coffee.

Bill; I too remember listening to "Don McNeil's Breakfast Club" on the radio. A radio that actually had replaceable glass tubes in it.

Picking out shower tiles is like picking out cabinet handles. So simple until you find out how many different ones they have. Just go ahead KC and put a loaf of French bread on your grocery-list. Your tummy will thank you. When you get home from grocery shopping, cut the loaf in half putting 1/2 in the freezer for later. Oh yea.......You better put butter on your grocery list too. :)

Ah yes Mike, sleeping in any time you want is one of the perks of retirement.

A’Burg Guy

“A piece of French bread with which to wipe my bowl
Good for the body, good for the soul”
Yes, the late Jimmy Buffett had a line to cover just about everything. That lyric from his tune “I will play for gumbo”. Which I would share but it’s gotta be 5 minutes long or more!
Good morning everyone. Thank you all for the kind words for Lisa and Razzie. We’ll miss the big guy.
Not that I could see the difference Dave, but they said last night’s full moon appeared smaller and dimmer than a “super moon”.
I hope everyone is staying Covid free in the choir. And that Nick has nothing more than a sniffle Kathie.
Spinning the ”Wheel of Decorating” is not as simple as we all think - or hope - that it will be Karen.
Ya Mike, not a bad looking couple! Lu-Ann gets her youthful genes from her Mom and Nan.
Bill, you and Rita got here early. Weren’t you supposed to adjust the weather to “nice” for the rest of us?
This was the first year the run medals were double sided Nancy. We thought they were neat too.
Coffee? Why, yes please.
You all enjoy whatever you all get in to today.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good Morning!
Dave, my tummy may thank me for the French bread but my jeans won't. They seem to be getting snugger & snugger all the time, D@MM gravity!

Lee, Jimmy Buffet seemed to have a song for everything.

Need to get moving & get ready for church, going to be a long day. We have a TLCC (Tender Love Care & Compassion)meeting after church and I HAVE to get to the grocery store today, kittys are getting low on food and I'm low on coffee. Catch up with you all later

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Love GIF by joeyahlbum
HAPPY SUNDAY Wrabbits.

49F is our high for today..... and should get to 60F on Tuesday! It's been UP and DOWN all Winter. But I must say it's been 'mild' so far compared to the years with below zero temps.

Hoping Karen puts in a good word for all of us skipping church this morning. And I bet it would be hard to go from size 4 jeans to size 5-6 jeans if you ate that whole loaf of bread!:emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

It's our Annual Elections today and that's just one meeting I can do without. If you get one wise-guy that wants a huge explanation on why the TREASURER's report has a certain figure on it can open a BIG CAN OF WORMS and heated discussion. Been there done that and my blood pressure can do without it.

Not sure what's on tap up here for today, but sure am glad the SUN is SHINING brightly.

DAVE: That MOON last night was HUGE! I got to see it as I drove East on 23 Mile Rd. I've learned that it doesn't pay to take pictures, because they just look like a spot on the screen. Just appreciate it and go WOW!
Do you guys have an AIR FRYER? Ashley bought a SMALL one for them and they seem to love it. I guess doing the Pizza French bread things I suggested would really work well in one of those gizmo's. I just don't like things sitting on the counter or I'd buy one.

Lee: I think your last few weeks should be FINALLY warming up. Really a shame it has been so chilly this year in Florida. I have friends that said they were SO HAPPY they packed their bulky sweater shirts. And they're in Naples where it should be warmer. Go figure.

Okay, folks we had our Waffles w/blueberries for breakfast and I did the dishes. Now to move on.

ENJOY your DAY. And be safe in crowds.
Mask Reaction GIF

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. No going out to lunch today as we are going to Benihana's for drinks and appetizer then someplace else for dinner one night this week.

K2 I have Cuisinart Toaster oven/Air Fryer and also an Air Fryer. Never liked the Air Fryer but love it as part of the toaster oven.

In a bit will watch the pre race show then the Cup race.

All have a great day.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Beautiful pictures K2. I bet you had a grand time.
I fogot to howl at the moon this lastnight, maybe I'l check it our tonight. I did sleep in again this morning as I do most mornings. Fay tries to schedule all appointments in the afternoon so I can sleep in. My childhood ambition was to have a position that I could sleep in.
My sister and I use to dance to the old 78 records on an old large wind up record player. That was back in the mid, late 40s.
Karen, d@mn gravity. I know that feeling. I weigh the same as I did 20 years ago and can't get into most of my trousers, thank goodness for sweat pants. I also am about 1 inch or shorter that I use to be.
I'm still trying to find a picture of me standing in front of the Ted Williams statue. it is one of the many pictures I have lost.
Coffee sounds good Lee, think I'll go get a cup

A’Burg Guy

Well now ain’t they just the cutest couple ever! :emoticon 0152 heart: From July of 1965 when The Rolling Stones topped the charts with (I can’t get no) Satisfaction.
I try to make my appointments as early in the day as possible Mike.

Last edited: