Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Just wanted to pop on real quick & ask Lee to wish his lovely bride LuAnn a very Happy Birthday from me!! Hope she has a great day!

Off to church & will say a few prayers for us all!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. It was just after 10 when we got home last night. Jennifer and the rest have until tomorrow in Jupiter. Hopefully they will have a real good day today.

Today I will be fixing Crab Louie and steak. Of course I will be watching the Indy 500 and then the Coco Cola 600. NASCAR driver Kyle Larson is driving in both. A few NASCAR drivers are afraid that NASCAR will hold off the start of the 600 for too long to allow Kyle to get there from Indy. Now if he wins the 500 that might happen. Will see.

K2 hope all goes well for you today with the singing.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
The location where I had the CT scan was open but not very busy, so I was in and out in approximately an hour. Because of the holiday it may be a few extra days before I hear the results.
Hope that no one viewing the Celtics-Pacers gamets has a serious heart condition because those contests have been very exciting and last night's game while not as exciting as the OT game last week, had plenty of excitement as the
Celtics overcame an 18 point deficit to win by 3 at the last minute. Hope they can close out the series with another win tomorrow and move on to the final series .
Off to the Cape for a cookout at Rich & Dianne's campground. Have to remember to bring along a warm jacket as the temps on the Cape can be 10 or more degrees lower than back home and it can get quite chilly if there is a wind.
Tomorrow is a milestone birthday for Rita and I am still waiting for her to pick a
place for her birthday dinner.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
K2 at least I got the fist and last letters right, that's better than I usually do. Will try to remember that the next time I write but I"m not promising anyting.
Happy Birthday Rita and Lu-Ann. seems like a lot of birthdays are bunched up together.
Thanks for the Bongo Drums Lee.
Enjoy the cookout Bill.
Dave, gone are th e days when we were able to discuss or is it cuss politics with each other and had opposing views I am just as bad as the next peson, but it my case I'm right.
Thanks for the prayers karen.
We are having severe thunderstorm warnings.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy Memorial Day, Bunnies.

A day to honor and remember.......Not buy something. In spite of what the retailers tell you.

KC; You wanted my opinion of the Tostitos "With a hint of lime". The chips were good, but not even a whisper of lime taste. They must have waved each bag over a lime.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je98UffdN18

Like you Lee, there was no way we could go to Hawaii without a visit to the Arizona. Happy Belated birthday to Lu-Ann. Cool bongo song.

Hoping that your travels K2 were fun while also being safe. Hope the traffic wasn't too nuts.

Happy Birthday Day to Rita, Bill. At your cookout, a hot dog or a hamburger or both?

I'm like you Mike.......We just can't help it that other people are wrong if their political views differ from ours.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
How ever you refer to today, to all of you who served, THANK YOU.
A very Happy Birthday Rita.
I guess that Lays put the lime in the coconut and not on your chips Dave.
How did you choir fare at the concert Kathie?
We have learned to watch what we say about politics when we visit The US Mike. Unless of course we are with like minded people who are all in their right minds.
Was this your last choir service before summer break Karen. Or, as I seem to do, have I mixed things up?
We were under severe thunder storm warnings all night. For a portion of the evening we were under a tornado warning. To the extent that all of our phones, TV and radios all lit up with directions from our emergency alert system. It’s still raining here but we’re looking for the sun to arrive around 9:00.
On the very bright side, niece Tiffany received her black belt in karate yesterday. Not bad for a young lady with only one full arm! She’s already off next weekend to represent Ontario in a competition in Quebec. Why yes, we are very proud of her.
OK, all of you have a great Memorial Day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning! Remembering those who served & paid the highest sacrifice!
Lee, glad the severe weather did not cause any damage in your area! And you are indeed correct, yesterday was our final choir performance until Sept. EXCEPT for Aug. 18th when Rev. Lisa asked if we could sing while the Bishop is there celebrating St. Mary's church 39th Anniversary
Kathie, hope the choir performance went well did you get a chance to "celebrate" a little with the old gang while you were there?
Dave, thanks for the review on the Tostitos, were they the same price as the regular flavor or more because they were "new"?
Mike, totally agree with you, unless I'm sure the person I am talking with is of like mind I don't discuss politics, it can get more heated than just about anything else I know of.
Bill, A very Happy Birthday to Rita! Your sports teams have certainly been keeping your heart rate up lately!
Not much going on around here today, watered the plants out front since it's been so dry & sprayed some weeds. Jane is going to come over later & give me a haircut, then go to the pool.
Bone density scan tomorrow morning & then probably mow Jane's back yard.
Have a great day all!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. I hope all have a good Memorial Day as we remember those that lost their lives while in service to our country. If you have an American flag I hope you are able to fly it the way it is meant to being half staff until noon then full height.

Bruce is mowing and that is our day.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
My younger daughter when people starts talking politics to her she tells them your singing to the choir.
Good luck with the bone density test Karen, I had t hat done recently.
Lee, congrats too Tiffany for recieving her black belt and good luck in her compitition. She must work at it very hard.
I never heart that song Dave, the only time I heard with coconuts in it is if please don't squeeze the bananas, if you squeeze half of a squeeze, sqeeze the coconuts, by Louis Prima. I have to look that one up.
Happy Memorial Day

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Wow, still no post from Kathie? Hope she made it back from her choir event ok & is just hanging out relaxing with family!

Lee, congrats to Tiff on her Black Belt, she is quite an amazing young lady!

Went to the Ice cream social at the clubhouse & then spent some time at the pool. It felt good at first but the water temp is 90 degrees now & with the sun beating down it didn't take long for the "cool" feeling to wear off. Jane & I still spent about 1-1/2 hours in the pool.
Didn't get my hair cut, Jane was running late & was a bit frazzled by the time she got here so she'll cut it tomorrow after my appt.
Enjoy your evening all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Wrabbits! Wow you folks sure do chat a lot! :emoticon 0115 inlove: And that's a GOOD Thing!

First off: Belated B-Day wishes to Lu-Ann.
I did manage to wish RITA a Happy Birthday on Bill's Fbook Message he posted.
(He even posted her age! The man better hope he doesn't get in trouble for doing that)
;)

I had no trouble going or coming back through the Detroit/Windsor Tunnel. The Toronto Blue Jays were all coming into Detroit for the Baseball game in the morning and then they were all on the other side going back to Windsor about the time I was driving through to get home!
It was perfect!

Lee: Not a fan of having to use a credit card to get the gate to open at the border. I guess they don't have to do a lot of cash handling and less employees on the site.
Kudo's to Tiffany for her big achievement. You go girl!

The Choir sang very good and I didn't do the NORMAL CRAZY PARTYING I've been known to do in the past. No drinking at all since I was driving! Usually, we are staying in a hotel and taking a charter bus or plane to the event, so you can drink all you want and stay up all night. Not the case yesterday!!

Bill: Nice that you got in and out for that CT-SCAN. Hope the results are good ones.

Karen: Enjoy your break from choir singing. We take middle of June & all of July off. Priest gets his shorts all in knot over it, but normally we didn't come back until after Labor Day. I still don't go back until after Labor Day.
Good luck with your Bone Scan. At least they're quick and painless. And most likely you have loss some more BONE MASS since the last one. DUH! Do the doctors really think that doesn't happen when you get older. :rolleyes:

You all have a good evening and a good TUESDAY.

I'm off to the Thyroid doctor in the A.M> Nice of all of us to support the medical folks.

Karen, I just saw your post. Your stay in the POOL sounds fantastic.

A’Burg Guy

I was popping in to see if Kathie had checked in too!
Glad to see your note. We always look to see what’s going on in Detroit before we think about popping over. It sounds like you had a good, albeit abbreviated, visit to Windsor. How’s Mark feeling?
Good you managed a little pool time Karen. The weather guessers got today wrong again. We had cool winds and it sprinkled off and on all day.
Both of you have good results with your tests.
Gosh Mike, it’s been a long time since I heard anything by “The King of Swing”.
Tiff was pretty excited to get her black belt. From her first lessons her Sensei (coach) said she had a natural discipline to do well.
OK, my check in for this evening is complete. Sleep tight my friends.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Ya got me nosey Mike. I had to see if I could find that song you mentioned. Sounds like this is the one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGvFpbaXoSw

So Tiffany has a black belt in karate now, Lee? I don't think you should tick her off. During the tornado warnings you had, did you head to your basement?

Can't say I was doing any price comparisons when I got those lime Tostitos, KC. All I knew was that I wanted to try the lime ones. You are so right that political talk can get very heated. Friends can turn on friends, relatives can turn on relatives.

Happy to hear that your travels went without a hitch, K2. Except for that lack of booze part. :)

Yesterday was Memorial Day, right? Not according to the company that made our large calendar hanging in the kitchen. They printed out that it was on Sunday. OOOPS!

A’Burg Guy

Good job finding that tune Dave. I kept thinking of “Yes, We Have No Bananas”. When the emergency alerts came one of them gave information on “rotation” approximately 30 km away. We kept an eye on the sky and were prepared to head down if we needed to.
It was a long pants and heavier rugby shirt on my walk with Ava this morning. That equals a cool morning. That got me wondering if anybody watches for me to go by, sees what I’m wearing and decides what they may wear to start their day.
Back later to see how everyone made out with their tests and such.
Be good!

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Perhaps great minds think alike, Lee. My first thought was also "Yes we have no bananas" and then I thought of the Chiquita Banana song that warned never to put bananas in the refrigerator.
Rita was pleased by all the birthday greetings she received from friends and family. We finished the day by driving to Plymouth for a seafood dinner.
Have the results from my CT scan but the health care team had not yet viewed them so I will wait to hear from the doctor instead of trying to decipher the report on my own.
Aside from some light showers we were spared the more violent weather some are experiencing though late at night after we had gone to bed we could hear what sounded like a torrential downpour.
Today is bright and sunny.
Celtics finished off the Pacers with another nailbiter that wasn't decided until the final seconds. Now they, and we, have to wait to see which team they will face for the championship. If they win, their 18th championship banner will be the league record.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hello Wrabbits.
Busy running around this morning. All went well with the Dr's appt. Waste of my time and hers! But aren't most visits!

Tried to get into MY Kohls account and it was like trying to get in the WHITE HOUSE without a pass! Finally get in to see my last statement and just how much a Ladies Top was that I purchase and it almost took a ACT FROM THE GUY UPSTAIRS to finally get it on my screen.
Kohl's paper statements do NOT show line item, per line item of your purchases. Just one statement amount due. CRAZY. So if you want to see just what the heck you bought that comes up to the statement amount you have to either HOLD ONTO ALL YOUR RECEIPTS or try and see it online. Pain in the butt big time. Pfhtttt as Tony would say.

So I'm now going to return the Ladies TOP and I printed out the line item so I don't get any grief from the Customer Service area at the store.

Lee: It was raining here at about 4:30 a.m. Then again at 9:30 am for a little while. Didn't rain where my Dr's appt was. Crazy SCATTERED SHOWERS.

Out of here for now. More running around to do.

Enjoy your day folks.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Good afternoon all you wacky rabbits.
thank you for the invitation..I am not shy..lol

I was amazed to read about Tiffany. She is an example to everyone!
I think about tne people that use any excuse to get out of things.

I agree about Memorial Day. Once upon a time, it was a day where we went to the Cenotaph and took part of a service, where wreaths were laid. And you had a silent prayer.

these days it is viewed as a three day “ holiday “… the meaning is lost.

I am very comfortable with your politics
I do think it sad that you can no longer have a discussion with someone with opposing views.
Once upon a time, you could talk about your differences. Even if you still did not change your view, you came away understanding why the other person felt the wat they did.
both of you learned something.

we live in Florida, so I know all too well about the pool temps. Sometimes it is more like a hot tub than a pool

We are heading up to Canada in a few days.. to see my sister and her great family we are looking forward to cooler temps.

I hope that those of you with medical issues get better, and also that everyone with birthdays at this time.. enjoy them and count their blessings.

As I said in Glo- bugs post..” every day is a gift”

OK.. time to go to the 90” pool….

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
RED STRIPE: Safe trip to Canada. Bring your WARMEST COAT! :eek:

Got a report on Mark and he's doing much better on his blood levels. Still no report back on the Bone Marrow test. It was just done and there was the holiday to slow readings down a little. Mark has to have blood tested 2 times a week for the 3-4 weeks. He has to go to the doctors often as well. Still not out of the woods, but he feels much better than a few weeks ago. Would love to know the WHY of all of this. :rolleyes:

We have a young mother of 4 and wife (47 yrs old) in our Chicago Serbian community that has a Virus that is attacking her body to the point that she may not make it. Touch and go right now. The doctors just can't find the WHY and WHAT to give her that they already haven't tried. Her Mom and most of our choir members grew up together for decades and prayers are about all we can offer right now. Life is strange when these things happen.

Enjoy your lives folks. Even though we ALL have some type of health issue it could be worse.

Hugs to you all.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Is it possible that the Buffoon could be found guilty before the weekend? I hope so!

But I find it unlikely. No way all the jurors will find him not guilty, but one dummy could cause a hung-jury causing a retrial. We'll see.

Lee; If you're the fashion influencer for what to wear on morning walks, I need to buy some stock in companies that sell bunny slippers. :)

I give Bill, why shouldn't you put bananas in the refrigerator? I've found that once they start turning soft and I put them in the frig, they're good for a few more days.

Have a safe and fun travel to Canada Red Stripe. Run, and I mean RUN if you see a guy in bunny slippers.

K2; So glad to hear that Mark's health is getting better. Even though they don't understand WHY it crashed in the first place. Sad to hear about the plight of your church member. Doctors and medicine has advanced 100 percent in the last 100 years. But many doctors still won't admit to the fact that they don't know why something is happening. Egos can sometimes get in the way of good medical practices.

Maybe we'll hit the grocery story this morning.......To be determined.