Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Hagar the Horrible and Helga always bring a chuckle Mike. Thank you!
Just plain hot and uncomfortably humid here. If you’re out doors make sure you have lots of liquids on hand.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good evening! Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I start out reading with every intention of posting and then............................SQUIRREL and I'm off in another direction. Add to that I have totally zip to talk about that you all haven't heard a million times already & I just can't seem to get back in the groove. I promise to try & do better even if it's just to say Hi.

A’Burg Guy

…and “Hi” is important to all of us Karen. As are you.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen: You could repeat yourself a thousand times and I'd still read it all. Even Speed Read at times! :emoticon 0136 giggle:
Good to know you're alright and just wordless right now.

Trying to reach out to BILL or RITA with no luck. It worries me.

No, I didn't jump in the pool at the Choir's pool party. Only one gal did swim. The water was at 85 degrees and it was sure HOT enough to get in, but too much of a bother to swim and then change, etc, etc.
We had plenty of food and everyone had a great time chatting. Nice event for sure.

HOT and HUMID here too Lee! Duh.......we're only about a few hours from each other so the weather is usually pretty much the same. Some days you folks get more sun or rain and other days we do.
We got a rain shower early this morning, but it didn't last too long. Enough to wet the grass that almost needed to get watered. SAVED again by Mother Nature. But I just know our water bill will still be HIGH. :oops:

Mike: I picked 6 cherry tomatoes today (Sunday). Didn't get as many as last year and they're almost done producing. I cherish every garden tomato I can eat right now, because I hate store bought Winter tomatoes. I just don't buy them.

Sad Story: Art's best biking buddy took a crash on Saturday on one of the more intense trails. A stick got in between his spokes and tire and when that happens your bike locks up and you usually go over the handlebars.
That's what happened to Rick! He was in a group and they immediately went to his aid. He was knocked out for at least 1 min and when he came to he was in shock. That didn't last too long. They called 911 and DID NOT MOVE HIM. He had a cut on his lower lip and was bleeding from it.
Ambulance had to BACK INTO the wooded TRAILS for 1/2 mile to get to him. (no place to turn around in there)
At the hospital they took HEAD SCANS and all the other stuff they do, and he has a spinal cord injury that will require surgery on Monday A.M.
We went to see him today (Sun) and he was pumped up with pain meds. Could talk to us really well. His fingers don't close well at all, hence the spinal cord surgery to hopefully correct a lot of this.
He asked me if I would feed him his lunch when it came and of course I said sure.
That all went well.
Art & Rick have another BIKER in their group that was on the same floor 5 rooms down the hall! Amazing. He doesn't bike anymore and has a multitude of health issues and was in for a catheter line change and something went wrong and he ended up being checked into the hospital.
We went down the hall and visited him too. He was in good spirits and just wanted to go home. The man is a FREQUENT FLYER to this hospital and it's amazing that he's still with us.

All in all it was a busy mid-morning- afternoon day.

I haven't given ART the LECTURE on how important it is to NOT overdue biking yet. I know he doesn't do the wooded trails anymore because they are risky with low branches and rocks and sticks that can almost kill you.
But I will have a heart to heart talk with him now that he's seen just what RICK looks like lying in the bed with tubes stuck in him and a collar on his neck and having to have someone feed him. I'll try and be gentle. ;)

Out of here for now.

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

That crash Rick had is just plain frightening Kathie! I know Art has had a tumble or two in the past as well. Nothing I can recall being that serious.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Monday morning, Bunnies!

Hi KC! At times a simple Hi is enough. And don't worry about telling us something you've mentioned before. Hell, we're old farts. In many cases, it'll seem like it's something brand new. :)

Are you getting all artsy-fartsy in your new town, Lee? Question for you; Which if any of these networks do you get....NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, or MSNBC?

I just LOVED your cartoon, Mike.

YIKES! A spinal cord injury from just a simple bike ride, K2. These things can happen. I just hope Art's buddy doesn't get any permanent damage. What kind of little kid is left in you if you turn down a chance to swim in an 85 degree pool in Michigan.

Our lawn got mowed yesterday, a Sunday. VERY unusual. But for the last few weeks it hasn't been mowed by our lawn-guy. It's been mowed by his daughter. So when she showed up yesterday Kathi asked about her dad. Turns out he somehow got a foot under his commercial mower. As the doctor said, if he hadn't been wearing his work boot he probably would have lost his foot. Still, got lots of stitches.

So now his young daughter has stepped up to take care of his mowing business. Just a senior in high school. And since school is now back in session, she tries to get as much done as she can on Saturdays & Sundays.

During summers she's always helped her dad when she was out of school. She's just a little thing. We'd nicknamed her Skinny-Minny. But she could handle those big commercial mowers like a Pro. She just flies around on those things, pony-tail flying behind her. And handles the weed wacker and blower like it's a nothin.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning everyone!
Looks like another warm day ahead.
I think that’s neat that your lawn guy’s daughter has stepped up to help her Dad Dave. When I was doing dealer trades there used to be a young lady just north of Waterloo who would cut their fair sized property on her rider wearing a rather skimpy hot pink bikini and a big floppy hat. I’m surprised she didn’t cause a bunch of accidents. Ah, I miss those dealer trades…
Not much on tap today. Why? ‘Cause it’s gonna be to darned hot to do much outside!
You good people all stay safe, well and cool today.

A’Burg Guy

We headed to The Running Factory this morning. Time to replace my indoor and 5K shoes, move the current ones to outdoor walking and move the old outdoor walking to the yard shoes. That means the current yard shoes go in the bin. If I’m lucky I can get a year out of my “good” shoes before we go through the cycle again.
I asked Lu- Ann if she had seen anything from Bill on her Facebook page. She looked and there’s been nothing since August 18 when he said he’d be laid up for a few more days. Positive Thoughts and prayers going out to Bill, Rita and their family.
Dang, it’s hot. 84F feeling closer to 100F.
Be good folks.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
90+ here in Pure Michigan! :eek:
Blazing Heat Wave GIF

Changed the tiny lights in Art’s bathroom from 49w to 60w. Better brightness, not over powering. Washed the glass of 3 fixtures. Amazing how much dust was inside. It’s suppose to be hung with the openings facing downward, but we liked it better facing UP! Hence, dust collects inside and needs cleaning!

Lee: Shies are so expensive lately. I need a good pair of walking shoes.

Made 2 Banana breads with the OVERLY RIPE bananas. Just couldn’t toss them.

I’m worried about Bill. Something isn’t right. Can’t get a hold of Rita by email or FBook. :oops:

Please stay inside until this ugly heat wave is over.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Later gang.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bill went into Hosp on Aug 18th. 9 days ago.

I've tried to leave messages to email address I think might be theirs, but no reply.
Does anybody know Bill or Rita's cell number?
Hope he's okay.

Art's friend made it through surgery and his daughter said it was more serious than expected.
Art just hopes he regains the use of his finger movements. When we saw him he couldn't move them. Not a good sign with Cervical Nerve damage. Praying for the best, he's one heck of a nice guy. Lives alone since his wife passed away suddenly a few year back.

Okay, I'm off of here.

A’Burg Guy

A busy day for the nice lady in Pure Michigan.
I like your fixture Kathie. Is it one that can hang with the glass up, like you have it, or down for a different look? Your baking, as always, looks great. Hopefully Rick regains all of the movement in his hand.
I’m not sure I have any different contact for Bill and Rita than you would have. Thank you so much for trying. It is bothersome not hearing from either of them.
After trying on several different pairs of shoes I came away with a pair I felt were the best. The young lady who helped us had a Disney Fairytale Challenge T-Shirt on. I showed her photos from our Princess 5K’s. An immediate connection between participants.
Ava sends Happy International Dog Day wishes to all of her friends on The Bunny Board.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good evening, once again the day nearly got away from me, but as promised here I am!

Kathie, your bathroom light looks very pretty. A couple months back I swapped out the frosted globes on my bathroom light for clear, what a difference! I don't have any contact info for Bill or Rita, I looked for the list we had before but can't seem to find it now.

Lee, your shoe rotation sounds a lot like mine, good shoes, work shoes, yard shoes, but somehow "old" yard shoes never seem to make it to the trash bin. I always think well, if I paint something I can wear these & it won't matter if they get paint on them.

Dave, Kudo's to the yard guy's daughter for stepping up & helping out her dad while he's laid up. Sounds like a fine young lady! Ouch on Dad's foot though, he is a very lucky fellow to still have 2 feet!

Mike, I haven't seen a Hagar the horrible comic strip in ages, thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Hot as ever still they keep saying a cold front is coming but so far it hasn't made it here yet, maybe by December
Found out we had over 150 people at last Sunday's service, I can believe it, the church was really full!

Got my new dentures last Tuesday & have already been back twice for adjustments, most recently today. They are still hurting but I'm going to try & give them the rest of the week before I call for another adjustment.

I did manage to make $35 today selling stuff on FB marketplace, always a good start to the week.
And that is about all that's happening in Beautiful Belleview, have a great evening all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen: That's a fantastic number of parishioners you had on Sunday. Do they pass a basket at your church for "tiding" (not sure how that is spelled). If so, I'm sure it was a full this week.

Jill surprised us by stopping in this evening with another one of her homemade Sour Dough breads. It makes the best crunchy tasty toast w/a tad bit of honey on it. YUM.

I was in the middle of cleaning blood spots from the off-white carpet in the hallway.
Art has super thin skin and was "SCRATCHING his LEG" and he hit a big vein. I thought I'd have to take him to ER for a stitch, but I have that WHITE STICK that you guys use when you cut yourselves shaving and it did the trick. STUNG a little, but at least it shut down the gusher vein.
ALWAYS SOMETHING.
I used Oxi-clean to get out the stains on the carpet. Worked like a charm with cold ice cubes.
Always use ICE COLD WATER to get blood out of cloth, sheets, material and carpets too. The combo worked and that's all I cared about.

Another 101+ Heat Index coming up on Tuesday. STAY inside folks and be safe. Say a extra prayer that the power doesn't go out! o_O :eek:

I'm going to make a new address list for all of us. If you have my e-mail address send me your address, cell number, home number if you still have one and birthdates + anniv.

GOOD NITE to my extended family.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
breaking news GIF

I just found this message from RITA. She might have sent the 1st message on Sunday and the short 2nd message today. I don't know how I missed it.
Our boy Bill is still in the hospital. Read what she had to say.

Kathy he is better but still very ill. He has a lot going on with kidney and bladder issues heart issues He is on the PACU and Cannot eat or drink. His blood work is getting better but still Not normal. I think he will be in the PACU for a couple of more days and then probably rehab to get stronger He had a roommate who yelled all right and put the lights on And demanded his breakfast at 5 am until The nurses got aggravated with him. We did get him moved to another room so that should get better He was doing very well since the hip surgery until this happened so please keep him in your prayers. To be honest I was afraid he was not going to make it but he has gotten a little bit better so we now have some hopes All we can do is pray for him

Enter

7:13 PM

Rita

Doing better today, moved from PACU to a regular floor and numbers are improving. Keep the prayers coming
1f64f_1f3fc.png
1f64f_1f3fc.png
1f64f_1f3fc.png

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
HI Karen, glad you posted and all is okay with you, Nice making a little bit of extra money.
Lee, I have a shoe rotation also and I rotate the s hoes I wear. The lady wearing a skimpy bikini you mentioned reminded me of the time I was doing a job with my son and another person. I started to get aggravated at them because they were taking so long to get things done, I found out later there was a lady in the back yard wearing a ver y skimpy swim suit .
K2, I was looking at your banana bread so much I almost not seeing your fixtures. I hope Art's friend regains use of his fingers. That must have been a real bad spill that Rick had. We are getting a lot of cherry and grape tomatoes, Fay picked some of her large tomatoes also.
Dave. it is nice that your lawn mower guy has a daughter that can fill in when needed. getting someone to fill in for labor jobs can be very difficult. It was supposed to get to 97 today, I didn't check it out, supposed to get to 97 tomorrow, I won't check out that temp either.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
News GIF by DailyExpress

Just got this from Rita and had to share with you all. see below:

Rita said: "I told him his bunnies were asking and praying for him and he was pleased to hear that He was doing better today and they moved him from the PACU to a regular room so that was good news",.

A’Burg Guy

Just plain happy to hear some news from Rita about Bill. Thank you! Good thing you had the stick to take care of Art!
A great turn out at church Karen. That must give Reverend Lisa a boost! Good on you for making a couple of extra bucks selling stuff. From what Mike and you have said it sounds like we all have a shoe rotation!
Maybe thst’s why that particular Haggar cartoon made me laugh Mike. Us guys know what we’re not allowed to like.
78F as I head to bed.
G’nite all.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Sorry K2, I've no clue what Bill's cell phone number is. Thanks so much for Bill's update. Sorry to hear that your friend's spinal surgery didn't go as planned. Hopefully it's a temporary setback.

OK Dudley Do-Right, answer the question. What U.S. news networks do you get? Something tells me that the memory of the young lady in the skimpy, hot pink, bikini will be taken to the grave.

KC; Sucks that your new chops haven't been made right so far. Any luck on that cold front? With that size of crowd at your church, the singing must have been mighty loud and strong.

97 degrees with high humidity does not sound so good for today, Mike.

I feel sorry for those 2 astronauts that were to be home from their 8 day flight, will now (maybe) be home in 8 months.

If I was away for 8 months I can only imagine the number of doctor's appointments Kathi would have to cancel. :)

A’Burg Guy

With the temperature already at 73F and feeling like 86F I’m not surprised that there were so many people out walking with their pups and on their own at 6:00.
We get the regular network offerings out of Detroit Dave. ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS. Oh, and FOX. We can also subscribe to CBC News, CTV News (both CDN news services), CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS, BBC World News and so on. Usually around big events, like the upcoming US election or the moron’s insurrection on January 6, 2021 we will opt in to a couple of the news networks for a month to follow just what’s happening. Of course if we pay a ridiculous monthly amount all those channels and more are included. I can stream most news services on this “interweb” thing too. Sorry you asked?
Karen, I’m going to say it again. It was so nice to see a note from you last evening. Thank You.
Hard to say what today will bring but I’m willing to bet that whatever it is it will be indoors. Except our morning stroll along The River.
Hi to everyone and each and every one of you have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Tuesday Morning GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
It's muggy, humid and 87% chance of a good hard rain this afternoon.
:rolleyes:

I was so happy to find the message from Rita about Bill. Just not the news we all wanted to read on here. I have the Gallagher's address confirmed now with Rita and her cell#. Hope Bill will be soon on his way to Rehab to get his strength back up and then home.
Amazing how a simple trip to the hospital for a UTI turns into a major event. Good thing he had the wear-without to check himself into ER. We all need to know to do that when something is not right.

Mike: When our daughter, JILL, came by last night she brought us a baggie full of Cherry Tomatoes! Our salads will continue to have garden fresh tomatoes for the rest of the week.

Today will be a good day for you NOT to sit outside. The Heat Index will be crazy high. Take care down your way. That goes for DAVE too.

Dave:
Art mentioned those 2 astronauts that won't be coming back home until Feb , 2025 and said the same thing about DOCTORS appointments, weddings, birthday celebrations, etc, etc that they will be missing. And they didn't pack extra clothes when they went up there. I guess they have a supply of clothes onboard the space station, I just hope they fit them. Can you imagine using "Wipes" to wash yourself down for 8 months. No showers onboard. o_O:( I'd go crazy. Not too mention all my GREY HAIR would be grown out by the time the ship came back. Now that's a real scary thought. Ha ha.

You folks have a SAFE DAY. The HEAT WILL BE HORRIBLE EVERYWHERE, so just try and stay inside or up to your neck in a nice cooler pool!

Later gang. Today after Art comes home from biking we will venture out to see RICK. Art actually wanted to go yesterday, and I said "Are you NUTS" the guy just had surgery. I don't even think we should go today, but Art is extremely worried about his best biking friend.

Heat Index is supposed to get to 102 per weather guy. :sunflower:
Karen: You take care down in your area. I bet it's even hotter and muggier than up here.