Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Thanks so much for the great song, Lee. Especially when it's sung by Frank Sinatra.

Once again, not much to gab about this morning. Pretty quiet around here yesterday. (Which is the way I like it.)

We did drive by the house under construction, on the street behind us.

All cement basement walls continue above ground level and become the houses foundation. No cement blocks involved. But the forms, above ground level, give the cement a decorative look.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Not much new since last evening. To paraphrase Jimmy Buffett, “it’s a fine line between Thursday night and Friday morning.”
It is fun watching a house being built from the ground up Dave. We got to see that many times when we moved here.
We have Amazon Prime. We order just enough stuff that it makes it a pretty good value. That also gives us access to Prime Video. We have been watching “The Cruise”. It follows the voyages of The Scarlet Lady. She is one of Virgin Voyages newest ships. Of course anything Sir Richard Branson’s companies do is a tad, well, different. Let’s just say I can’t see Lu-Ann and I booking a sailing on her.
Hope to get the back cut once the dew lifts but before the humidity and predicted storms roll in.
Have a really neat day!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Heart Coffee GIF by 100% Soft
Good morning Wrabbits! Have a cup of coffee to get your day started!

Wonder how Bill is doing right about now? Haven't heard anything from Rita. I might have to send her a "message" and see if I get a reply.

Kamala Harris and Tim Walz did their TV INTERVIEW last night at 9:00 pm. I thought she did a decent job for the questions she was asked. I have an issue about "FRACKING". I'm not a fan of blasting into the earth to find fuel. A company tried to do that not far from our area a few years ago when "Fracking" just started to be a new way of getting fuel from the earth and they got SHUT DOWN because the new homes that were being built not far from that area were having issues with the
noise and the movement in the earth. I really need to drive by that area and see if they cleaned up the mess they started or not.
Kamala seemed to hold her own on most of the questions. There was one or two questions that she skirted around rather smoothly and if you weren't paying attention, you wouldn't know that she avoided them.

I did see that FOX news and Trump were already ripping her interview apart and stating LIES about what she said. Amazing how they can get away with doing that.
And Trumps camp put out a statement so fast that they didn't bother to check the spelling of Trumps name and used
d j Trump instead of his full name. They sent out a correction, but it was too late others had already pointed out the funny error.

Enough of that.

It's going to RAIN this afternoon according to the weather folks. At first it was severe storm and now it's "scattered storm". It will be nice to get the grass and flowers watered again by Mother Nature. Art hasn't turned on the OUTSIDE water for the grass system yet this season. He hopes he won't have to do it, and it will save him from blowing out the system in the late Fall. So far, Mother Nature is on his side. The water bill will still be out of site when it gets here.

I just heard the trash truck pick up either the YARD WASTE, TRASH or RECYCLE. It's a shame that 3 big trucks have to roll through subdivisions to do this job.

You all have a good day. I'm off to get another cup of that coffee in the kitchen.

And I here the 2nd truck right now out there. One more to go and we're done until next week. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

A’Burg Guy

Lu-Ann and I will join you in that, or should I say “with you for a cup of coffee“ Kathie. Even I check my wording before hitting the post key. I’ll never get hired by djt-rump. o_O
I got two bags of grass clippings from the back this morning. Another 1/2 bag from the front yesterday. Our yard waste doesn’t come until a week from Monday.
The nasty weather is supposed to hit here this afternoon or evening. We’ll see…
Time to finish my coffee.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Muggy and 82F and Sunny here right now. Humidity is crazy.

Lee: Good job on that lawn mowing. Not so good that you have to store it for over a week before it gets picked up. Can we say "SMELL"!! Hope you can leave it outside on the other side of the gate by the house instead of inside the garage. :oops:

I looked into getting the HEDGE Clipper gizmo sharpened before I trim all the shrubs in the backyard. They want $54 bucks for my double sided blades. CRAZY. For just a few more bucks and a coupon from ACE Hdwe I can get a new one!
I'm actually thinking of getting a hedge-trimmer with a battery! I'm tired of dragging the LONG, LONG cord around those shrubs in the yard. Anybody want to give me some advice on this???

Karen: I just checked your weather and it's 89F with 104 degree HEAT INDEX. YIKES!
I sure hope you're NOT doing any type of OUTSIDE WORK over your way!! Take care and stay inside.

Had a visit from our friend Marie, (up 24 Mile Rd way). She brought me 2 stuffed peppers that we will have for our dinner tonight. I was lucky to have 1/2 of the Lemon-Blueberry bundt cake in the freezer and sliced it up and defrosted it in the Microwave and we enjoyed that and some of that good coffee I made earlier. Nice visit.
Marie is 85 yrs old and I worry about her driving ANYWHERE lately. She sits too low in the SUV. I gave her the best way to get OUT of our subdivision without having to make a LEFT HAND TURN and only hope she followed my instructions.
Making LEFT hand turns out of our sub is like taking your life in your hands. The days of little to no traffic around here is long gone. They're building more subs left and right and it will only get worse. I remember when we built here you could hear the Roosters from a local farm and Peacock cries from a guy who had 3-4 Peacocks on his property. NOT ANYMORE!

I'm off to Kroger's to buy the few things that are on my grocery list.
I only have 4 things to get from Costco and it can wait until after the weekend. That parking lot is crazy-nuts Fri-Sat & Sun.

Enjoy your day folks.
Finally Friday GIF by Winnie Sun

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
BACK .... AGAIN! Sorry!

Got a message from BILL, so I'm posting just what he said! Good to hear from our missing Wrabbit. :emoticon 0115 inlove: :clap002:

Slowly I am getting better. Found I have pneumonia, and it is being treated. Miss you guys.

A’Burg Guy

Just work at getting all fixed up Bill. Miss you too.
I have battery powered lawn mower, string trimmer and blower Kathie. My initial “kit” came with the lawn mower, 2 large batteries, 2 smaller batteries, the blower, trimmer and 2 chargers. There was a special promotion of some sort at the time. I bought two extra larger batteries in the spring because the originals wouldn’t quite do the whole back yard after 3 years. I also have a small rechargeable hedge trimmer with interchangeable blades for trimming our decorative ball tree. I’d never go back to gas or corded electric for any of those tools.
Oh look. It’s a quarter to wine.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Kathie, thanks for the coffee this morning, the pot I made was a little on the weak side so the little boost from yours was just what I needed. No outside projects today, but it's cooled off some 88 degrees & only feels like 99.

Lee, glad to hear my which part of the yard needs it worse philosophy of mowing is working out for you. Generally at Jane's her front yard gets mowed every week, UNLESS we haven't had much rain the the yards on either side of hers are ankle high or higher. Her back yard has a different type of grass that doesn't get very high, but she has an oak tree that gets saplings all the time if we don't keep it mowed.

Dave, I think most of us would agree a quiet day in the neighborhood is a good day! Are you taking any pic's of the new house in progress?

Bill, sure hope you get to feeling better soon!

Got the house all cleaned yesterday except for changing the sheets on the bed, did that this morning & then headed out early to go grocery shopping, managed to get in & out pretty quick before all the labor day weekend shoppers showed up.

Tomorrow I'm going to Jane's & set a new mail box post for her & maybe mow the front yard. I'll go back Monday to attach the mailbox so most likely will wait to mow till then.
First choir practice of the season last night & we only had 7 members there. 2 of the guys in the choir have dropped out & gone to other churches & a few of the ladies were either sick or out of town. Not sure how good we will sound on Sunday with only 7 people but we'll do our best.
Starting to look a bit cloudy here so our afternoon thunderstorms are probably not far off. Have a great Friday all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good chatter on here. Should keep Dave busy reading either during the day or in the early morning! Ha ha

KAREN: Thank goodness you mentioned it being the Holiday weekend here in the States! I was wondering why gas went up $.30 cents a gallon by me! Now I know why! :eek:

Lee thanks for the garden tool tips! I’ll let you know what I end up with.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
It got up to a nice balmy 97 today, 93 now. We did get a very brief rain that cooled the temps down a little.
K2, I would get something similar to what Lee has. Fay has a battery operated Worx edger and trimmer that works very well and is light. What ever you get make sure the batteries are innerchangable with other electric tools.
Kc, did you have to dig the holes for the mail box posts? If so I hope you didn't hit any big rocks.
Lee, I have a lot of tools that are either corded, gas and two cycle gas. I don't use any of them any more and if I did have to use power tools now I would switch to battery operated. I listened to Sinatra's New York, New York and Strangers in the Night again. My two favorites of his songs.
Bill, I hope you continue to feel better.
Dave, I wouldn't be surprised if all new houses now are built with the cement walls instead of cement block walls. I think it would be faster and cheaper. It is so quiet here a person would think it is Death Valley. I miss the sounds of the young children laughing and playing.
We are getting a lot of cherry and grape tomatoes now. Fay just took a lot of them to a neighbor and we still have a lot left.

A’Burg Guy

Well, we’re under another thunderstorm warning. The 6:00 weather guy said it felt like 106F with the humidity.
The advances in battery powered tools are amazing Mike. I even see many of the trades using DeWalt and Milwaukee units on job sites. I also like Bobby Darrin. Especially “Beyond The Sea”.
You have a good system for deciding which lawn gets cut first Karen. Hey, it worked for me! I’m willing to bet that the seven voices will blend perfectly on Sunday. In Canada the bottom of a road side mail box must not be below 42”. Believe it or not that is because that makes it high enough for the blade of a snow plow to pass under it!
Always good to have “emergency desserts” in the freezer Kathie. Our fuel here DROPPED about the equivalent of 40 cents a US gallon! Go figure that on a long weekend.
G’nite folks.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Add me to the group of Bunnies who are all in on battery powered tools. If you do get a battery powered hedge clipper K2, make sure you get a spare battery for it. That way, if the first battery dies out before you're done, you just flip in the spare and finish. Thanks for posting the message from Bill.

Mike; With the heat wave you've been having, I sometimes wonder if you actually live in Florida.

Your choir will sound just fine, KC. Always count on the acoustics of the church. :) No picture taking of the new-build.

That makes sense Lee about mailboxes having to be so high.

In this state, everyone gets a letter asking if you want to mail in your vote, before election day. We plan to do it that way, so we filled out the form yesterday so they'll mail us a mail-in ballot.

Hoping all you wonderful Bunnies have a Good-One today. And so....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JQS6H2AXdM

A’Burg Guy

The perfect tune to usher out August Dave.
We finally got the rain and thunder. About 2:30 this morning. It had all stopped when I got up at 5:35. I double checked and off Ava and I went for our early walk. Still very humid even at this early hour. Because it’s dark early in the morning I’ve started to wear my reflective harness thingy. I like it because, unlike a reflective vest, I can adjust it to wear over any outerwear.
Golf shirts, light jackets, heavy jackets. It does the job!
I hate to keep the yard bags in the garage too Kathie. Problem is if the sit out and get wet the bottoms can fall out.
I think we’re going to visit the local make your own wine shop. We made a couple of batches in Ayr and it was good. Far less expensive than bottles from our wineries.
Have a fantastic Saturday!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Mid-Morning!
Never got any RAIN here yesterday or last night. Funny how the "bands of rain" get pushed in one direction and miss us here in Macomb and yet we're so close to Lee & Lu-Ann!

75F beautiful degrees outside right now and Sunny. When I get off of here I'm going to enjoy a cup of coffee on the deck. That is unless my neighbor starts up his chain saw on those Willow stumps. I saw him out there earlier with it in his hand! They cleaned up all the branches that had leaves on them yesterday to get them into the trash for pick-up. I must say they worked like little beaver gathering and stuffing bags with those thin "willowy" branches!

RICK UPDATE:
Skip along if this gets to be too much hearing about him.
Rick got transferred, by ambulance of course, to our main Detroit Medical Center Hospital In-Patient SPINE CENTER. They have a section with 68 beds and do folks that have extensive cervical injures. I'm thinking that his Son, the Doctor, had the wherewithal to get him into this place. A lot of the athletics with major injuries get sent there. Hopefully, Rick will get the excellent-intense care he needs to come back from this accident.
The visiting issue will be much harder since it's about 50 mins away from most of his friends and family and the Medical Center is SO COMPLEX in that area with all the various buildings it's a real problem WALKING from the HUGE PARKING LOT to the specific area or building he will be in. I'm working on getting a good detailed map. Art and I both can walk, but knowing where we're going will help shorten the stress on both of us.

If it was just me going to visit Rick I would park in another area downtown and get a UBER to drive me to the front door! :emoticon 0105 wink: That won't happen with Mr Art in the picture! Ha Ha.

DAVE: FANTASTIC SONG you picked to usher out August. It's a totally sentimental song for me. Back when I was a "kid".......lord knows that was a long time ago. I had my first crush on DON WILSON! Yup, I still remember his name. He was a couple of years older than me and was going out of state to be with relatives for the Summer. I still remember being at his best friends Birthday Party and we all were having a great time dancing in this big beautiful yard with mini-lites strung between trees and the time came to go home. It was time to say goodbye. This was the SONG that was playing for that last dance! He did come back in Sept and we saw each other until he went off to College! He came home on occasion and came down to our Serbian Church Hall where we had Friday Night Choir rehearsals. I still remember the 1st time he peeked into the door window and I saw him and got Butterflies in my stomach. Yup, that really does happen! :emoticon 0111 blush: We all went out after choir for pizza at Buddy's Pizza. Saw him a few more times and then as time passed so did our togetherness! It was a incent type of relationship. He went on to get married years later and moved to Montana. I have no clue where he is now. Funny how you just seem to remember that first CRUSH! :emoticon 0109 kiss::emoticon 0115 inlove:
SO DAVE... THANKS for the MEMORY VIDEO! It'll repeat itself in my head for most of the morning!

I managed to use my Kohl's $10 reward money last night before it expired. I bought a T-shirt for myself that was already "On Sale" (what isn't these days) and applied the reward money and ended up paying $2.06 balance! So I feel I did good. Kohl's got a extra $2.06 out of me and no more!

Lee/ Lu-Ann: Have fun at the wine making outing. Try not to sample too much wine before having to drive home.
The minute I read what you were going to be doing I thought of Lucy! Ha ha. Have fun!

Karen: Your weather still looks a tad HOT. Take care and use that SUNSCREEN Lotion if you're outside doing work or by the pool!
89°
39%
E9 mph
Mixed clouds and sun this morning.
Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon.
High 89F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%

Mike: Hope you have a good holiday weekend. Got any WILD and CRAZY PARTIES planned!

Out of here.......you all behave. If I hear from BILL, I'll pass it on.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Just checking in for the night. Got Jane's front yard mowed & the post for the mailbox set, at the "approved" height, even though it's doubtful a snowblade will be going under it any time soon. :emoticon 0100 smile:

It was HOT mowing, but there was a decent breeze blowing & you could feel the slight drop in humidity. Every bit helps for sure! Jane rewarded my hard work by fixing me sloppy joes for lunch, she makes the best SJ's!

Catch up with you all tomorrow, add me to the Thanks for that song Dave, a golden oldie but a goodie

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen both Art and I got a good chuckle out of you post about the mailbox post! No fear of a snow plow hitting it. Too funny! :emoticon 0140 rofl: :D

Lee: How did the wine making go?? Are your toes red or was this a little less intense of an event!

The weather hear has been

PURE MICHIGAN -Perfect!

Still humid, tolerable.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
KC; What kind of city government do you have? They can't be very good if they won't plow the snow on Jane's street in winter.

This is the best I could come up with, Lee.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdM9HDI33AY

Remember that old commercial for a wine company that had this old character and his line was "That little old winemaker, me."

Oh yea....Are your yard waste bags made of paper?

K2; Happy to hear that your friend Rick is in a hospital that specializes in spine injuries. I'm beginning to think that when you were a "kid" you weren't the shy type. :)

A cooldown is coming, Mike.

On the news yesterday; At fairs, they will deep fry about anything. But I'd never heard of this one, which is real popular....Deep fried Ranch. I have no idea how they do that. And NO, I wouldn't even think of trying it.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning all!
Well Kathie, you sure started the day with a couple of things to make me smile. Rick getting the attention he likely needs but more so your memory of Don. Thanks for both of those.
Good tune by Dean Dave! I remember watching his variety show with my Mom and Dad. I guess the variety shows back in the day became the “reality” shows of today. Except the variety shows were good.
Again I wonder. Karen, what would your sisters and so many others do without you? :emoticon 0152 heart: Have a great day filled with song at church today!
Wine making. We didn’t think we’d ever get the red stain off of our feet! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Actually Ray, the shopkeeper, couldn’t have been nicer. He let us sample a number of wines we were interested in at various price levels. All we have to do, by Ontario law, is add the yeast to the batch when it’s time. Silly, huh? Anyway Lu-Ann and I decided on a nice Cabernet Sauvignon. A batch makes 30 bottles and takes about 6 weeks. Then we go and bottle it. Because we have to buy bottles this time it works out to $7 a bottle! And that was the mid range price! We’re going to see if any of the rest of the gang would be interested in making a batch of white and we can trade off a few bottles.
A little nicer for sitting out yesterday and likely today Mike.
I have to confess to looking up “Swiss Colony Wines” to get the answer to Dave’s tag line question. I kept thinking Bartles and James but knew that wasn’t it.
Well, I do need a coffee. Everyone have a great Sunday!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Sunday afternoon and…

September 1 GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

Dave: Thanks for the smooth & soft Dean video. Always watched him and loved his voice and jokes

Lee: 30 bottles of wine! I guess you’re set for the long cold Winter! I don’t suppose you can bring any of that with you to Florida in the Winter??

Karen: What I heard st the church service from the choir sounded great. Rev Lisa sure did a nice job with all the announcements today. Nice to know other churches have budget issues! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Haven’t heard back from Bill or Rita, so no updates to report.

Art wanted pancakes this morning and actually made them from the box himself. He did a good job. I had an English muffin. I did have to remind him that the kitchen, dishes and stove were his responsibility to clean up! :clap002::loveya:

Mike hope you and Fay have a good Sunday & Labor Day. Take a ride around the property and be careful at the same time!

Later gang.

A’Burg Guy

A very nice weather day here. Not much humidity at all. I BBQ’d some Peaches and Cream corn for dinner. We have so much fresh corn in the area this year.
For the most part wine is still less expensive in FL Kathie. Plus, and perhaps more to the point, we don’t have to transport it and declare it coming in to The US.
Pancakes. They never seem to come out as good at home as they do in a “greasy spoon” diner.
Looking at the grass this afternoon I was thinking it could use another cut. Already!
I guess it’s about time for our evening walk.
Have a wonderful evening and night.