Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning.
We have to catch up on last nights events at the DNC Kathie. Lu-Ann wanted to see Oprah speak. And that is why we have a PVR. We have a cleaning crew Kathie. And a lawn guy. Sometimes we do a better job than others. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Loved the ketchup bottles.
A little warmer here this morning at 52F Mike.
About the silent “s” or “c”… I don’t think there is a right answer. It was just a “point to ponder” as an old radio host used to leave us with every day.
Good Jack is less itchy Dave. Same for the real heat here too. Warmer over the weekend but REALLY hot and sticky at the beginning of next week. Thanks for the Lou Christie tune. I’ve always liked his music. Did ya know he’s 81 years young now!
Not just Bill we are missing. There is also a young lady in FL who needs to stop by.
I head to the doc for 11:00. There’s a spot on my ugly mug that she needs to look at and may refer me to the dermatologist again. Like Kathie says…”always something”.
If any time is coffee time that time is now.
You all have a super day!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Late morning check in! WOW.... one more night of these DNC speeches and I'll be able to get to bed earlier. I think I got so energized from last night's speeches that when I finally did go to bed I couldn't fall asleep. It's going to be a LONG-SLOW day for me today! o_O
Dave: Great OLDIE tune you posted. Glad that Jack is getting less itchy. Nice of the VET to call and check up on him!
BILL:
ARE YOU HOME YET? What's going on buddy? You know how your HUTCH MATES worry when one of us is away too long. I'm going to try and get your attention on Facebook later.
Lee: I think you and Lu-Ann are using the same kind of "couple" we use to do the cleaning around here! Most of the time they do a exceptional job. There are times they slack off, but they do catch up sooner or later! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Good luck with your Dermo appointment.
Art got the dreaded phone call from his Dermatologist the other day. The latest culture came back Positive. :oops: YUP, he's scheduled for another big DIG! Not many areas left on the top of his head to work on! He's waiting until after Labor Day to go in. Made the appt.

KAREN: How's it going lady? Don't forget about your hutch-mates!

Mike: My cherry tomatoes are starting to come to an end. Seems the season for them was a short one this year. I think the intense heat at times wasn't the best thing for them. It's that time of the year when ALL the VEGGIES are out on the farmers roadside stands. We're lucky to be close to lots of farms that still haven't been torn apart for Housing. Just a matter of time when they are gone. We just lost a soy-bean farm about 1 mile from our house. Took down the old farmhouse like it was built from match-sticks and that lovely barn. The new subdivision streets are almost ready to get poured. SAD. Over-population of the area if you ask me.

I need to get off of here and go buy the supplies to make the Antipasti Salad we're taking to the Choir Pool Party on Saturday. One of our choir members has graciously offered their home and pool for the get together! I'm thinking nobody will jump in that pool. Ha Ha. Although it's supposed to be 80 something on Sat. Ya never know!

I still have to tell you my story, just need to write it up and then copy and paste it on here. It's not all that exciting. I'm just building it up a tad. ;):emoticon 0115 inlove:

Have a nice day. And I just have to re-post the Ketchup cartoon!
Snl Ketchup GIF by Saturday Night Live

Still laughing about it.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by MOODMAN

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave: I sure hope you recorded Stephen Colbert’s monolog! He had many zingers, but I like his last sentence!
There were a lot of great speakers, but Wednesday night was hard to too!

Lee: I really think you should be allowed to vote in our election in Nov. Your support is undying. Thank you for caring so much.

Good night and GOOD MORNING!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
A good Friday morning.

Beginning at 52 degrees and peaking out at 80. Mostly sunny with pretty much no chance for precipitation.

Hi there KC. Are you being held captive by your church for all the good work you do? :)

We did make it to the grocery store yesterday. Pretty quiet except for all the vendors filling shelves. (And the boxes and carts which we had to dodge in the isles.)

At their booze store Kathi picked out a bottle of wine along with a bottle of vodka for me. I just don't understand that in booze and wines they like to make them into weird flavors. I pointed out to Kathi that they sold a wine that was flavored "PB & J". You've got to be sh***ing me.

And since it's heading into fall, SOOO many products are flavored as pumpkin or pumpkin-spice. From breakfast cereals to beer.

Now that's a flavor that Kathi enjoys. And her pumpkin, pumpkin-spice groove kicked in. So we came home with pumpkin-spice donuts, pumpkin-spice Oreos, and pumpkin/cheesecake ice cream.

It's so sad when farmland is sold off to become a housing allotment. In most instances the younger generations just don't want the hard life of farming.

When we moved into our house over 25 years ago, behind us was just a big open field. Now it's house after house after house.

Looking forward to watching my recording of Colbert later today.

A’Burg Guy

wine that was flavored "PB & J".
Dave, THAT is just plain wrong!
Good morning hutch.
55F as Ava and I headed out this morning. It’s supposed to feel like 82F later this afternoon. Low 90‘s tomorrow and warmer from there.
You should let Kathi know that Starbucks Pumpkin Spice and fall flavours have launched already too.
I guess that because our countries are so close and now, especially, with us living a mile across The River from The United States of America Kathie what happens politically in your country should be important to all Canadians. And yes, if we could legally vote for Kamala we would! She and her team have lit a flame of hope for the future for many Americans.
Now, in other news…
My trip to the doc saw her look at the spot on my forehead between my eyes, declare it precancerous and pull out the liquid nitrogen. I go back in two weeks for another shot.
On tap for today is getting the back lawn cut (the front got done yesterday) so I don’t have to do it in the coming hot days.
I’ll check back on you all later ‘cause there’s a few of you who are missed and need to let us know how you’re doing.
Have a good GREAT Friday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I went out to shop and got detoured off one road due to construction and was on the same street of my Nephews Bar ! ( A neighborhood dive bar at that, but nice & friendly)
I’m having a AFTERNOON Blood Mary and ordered
2 Fish dinners to go! Walleye & Perch. Excellent food here. I’m thinking what Mama Bear & Tony would say! Ha ha.
I could get used to this. :smiley25: :clap002:
IMG_1311.jpeg

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Actually I could upgrade the place to a “ Old Neighborhood Bar”.
I’ll have to find out just how old it is and how many owners it has had. I don’t think too many. There is an apartment above it if that adds to the age of this place.
The Bloody Mary was good! And since we’ve been there before and the bartender
gal Kim knows who I’m related to I felt very comfortable sitting up at the bar!
They have Horseshoe tournaments in the big lot out back at night.

BILL: We really are worried about you buddy. Hope you’re okay.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
OK Dave, what or who is PB&j? The house we live in was built on a confield 50 years or so ago.
I like the sound of an old neighborhood bar K2. We had 3 of t hem within a block of where we lived. I don't think any of them are stil around.
Lee, as you probably know by now that kennedy has withdrawn more or less. If all of his followeres vote frump Harris could be in trouble. frump if he wins will put Kenney in some little office out of his sight and won't have much to do with him. Kennedy is thru with the dem. party so if Harris wins kennedy be thru with the dem. partiy, another reason to vote for Harris
Bill, I hope you are feeling better now.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
And now the political adds go into high gear, along with phone calls, snail mail & E-mail from politicians, and political door knockers. Help me Mister Wizard!

Hope the spot on your forehead is fixed by just the freezing, Lee. Good choice on mowing yesterday ahead of the hot beginning of next week with really high humidity.

I find it interesting that some of these "neighborhood dive bars" are well known for their food. There's a small dive bar in Massillon that is well known for their giant, tasty hamburgers. And baskets of shrimp. Many families have been going there for generations after high school football games.

Mike; That "PB&J" wine we saw at the grocery store is a wine that is suppose to taste like Peanut-Butter & Jelly. YUK! They've gotten a bit carried away with these weird flavors of things.

Time to check in KC, and Bill.

Hopefully yesterday was my last visit to the wound clinic at our local hospital. Because of my poor leg circulation I had a sore that just wouldn't heal up. So they've been cleaning it up every week, for a few months, and putting special goop on it, and covering it. FINALLY it has healed and needs no more attention.

On our way home we stopped at the larger grocery store for a few items that aren't carried by the smaller grocery store that we usually go to. While there, Kathi grabbed some pumpkin-spice rolls. :)

A’Burg Guy

It’s Saturday. Which used to mean more than it just being another day ending in “y”.
That’s good news about your leg Dave. My gosh you’ve been treating that, it seems, for ages. We found a place just north, mile marker 22.5, of Key West called The Square Grouper. From the outside it was a little questionable. The inside, food and drink were amazing.
I’m hoping Mike, that even with RFK Jr dropping out and supporting t-rump even some of his supporters will be smart enough to support Kamala. More to the point I hope America is smart enough to support Kamala. Those undecided and swing votes are going to be even more important.
Art by The River is happening at Fort Malden this weekend. I don’t know if we’ll venture down or not. It’s only $5 to get in but we’re not looking for anything so…
Mounties be darned. Finding Bill and Karen is a job for Sherlock Holmes!
Sherlock Holmes Look GIF

Have yourselves a fantastic day!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
BILL.... you are MISSING IN HUTCH ACTION. Hope you are OKAY buddy.

Off to the Choir Pool Party. Antipasto salad w/bow pasta looks really good if I must say so myself.

Later.......... I packed my swimsuit, but most likely will not go swimming. Too many CAMERA happy members dying to put something on FACEBOOK for the world to see. :eek: :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Enjoy your day and weekend. That goes for you too Miss Karen!

A’Burg Guy

A nice day for the pool party Kathie. Hope you had a fun time.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Bill, Karen, add me to the list that is waiting to hear from you.
Glad your leg is finally healed Dave. That was a long time for it to be healed. I think I will skip on the peanut butter wine.

I’m hoping Mike, that even with RFK Jr dropping out and supporting t-rump even some of his supporters will be smart enough to support Kamala. More to the point I hope America is smart enough to support Kamala. I have wondered about that Lee, I keep thinking 2016. The polls and betting odds right now are favoring Harris.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It was a DElightful summer day here yesterday. Sunny, 80 degrees, with low humidity.

Sooo K2, did you go swimming?

Weiner dogs were bred to hunt down small animals, even go down into their tunnels. Apparently Jack didn't get that memo. Last night he caught a fly which was zooming through the living room. Now there is a can-do attitude.

Nothing much else to gab about, and nothing much planned for today.

A’Burg Guy

Yuk. Rain and possible thunder storms predicted pretty much off and on all day. This weekend is “Art By The River”. Arts and crafts at Fort Malden. They had a beautiful day yesterday but today not so much.
As is the case with most larger events downtown there’s just not enough close parking which a number of folks were grumbling about yesterday. I get it. Lu-Ann and I are able to park and walk from the south end of town but many folks can’t. I think President Lincoln summed it up best with his famous “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time”.
Yes Mike, I remember the polls that showed Hillary in front. But the morning after, even though she won the popular vote, that outdated Electoral College system handed the moron The White House.
Kind of like The Canadian Football League awarding a single point for a missed field goal as long as the ball goes out the back of the end zone.
I can only imagine how proud Jack was to have caught a fly Dave. There will be a certain swagger in his step today. :emoticon 0100 smile:
We don’t have much planned for today either. Which means we’ll likely end up running around doing all kinds of things between the raindrops…

Hi Kathie. A perfect afternoon and evening for your pool party. I bet that salad was an hit on an hot day!
And to everyone else who we are eagerly awaiting to hear from, well, we’d like to hear from you!
Have a good Sunday everyone.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Dave, now maybe you won't need a fly swatter. As usual, nothing going on.
you Mentioned art Lee????I hope this works click on hagar...PNG

Attachments

• hagar.PNG
    hagar.PNG
    594.9 KB · Views: 7