Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Sunday Sun GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
And to
Karen and her church...
200.gif
Ignore the Words on the Cross. It was the best I could find!

Lee: It was a double whammy for those going to and from the Cruise and Tigers Game at the tunnel & bridge. Can you even imagine how much money was taken in on BOTH sides in Tolls just yesterday! You Canadians get $7.50 when we go into Canada and we only collect $5.50. And you have to have a credit or debit card or a pass since the collection booths are not manned anymore! They do have a person walking around if somebody is totally confused and holding up one of the lines. :oops:

DAVE: Glad you got your sign. What exact website did you use. Can you pass it on to me please. Have Kathi take a picture of the one you bought. Thanks.
Regarding getting Political signs locally. I have tried for over a month to find a Democratic Headquarters in and around the area with no avail. I call the number listed and given by various google sites and the line is either not connected or the message box is full. Well, it's been full for months. How the heck do you expect to win a big election if you don't have any headquarters set up in a big COUNTY like Macomb! Crazy. I even tried to reach people in our CAPITAL of Lansing, MI and got nowhere. What do these people we elect do up there?? Don't answer that please.

I'm on here to pay some bills, so I better get at it.

I haven't forgotten about my "STORY" for you folks. It's nothing big deal, but it will have to wait for when I have more time to post.

Enjoy Your Day GIF by Five

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good lookin’ sign Dave.
It boggles my mind that the Democratic Party doesn’t have local offices to take care of lawn signs for folks!
Lu-Ann just read that Bill is in hospital being treated for a bladder thingy. Get yourself better and home!
Back grass is cut and bagged. Glad it got tended to before it got too warm.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Just coming by to post about Bill being in the Hosp for a UTI bladder issue, and I see LEE got it posted already! We do watch out for each other!

Bill: Hope they get you on the right antibiotics and back home soon!

Best place to get GOOD CARE and IV meds! They work so much quicker. And you don’t have to drive back and forth for Lab tests! Glad you went to ER! Take care.

We got 2 mins of “rain showers” here and then the sun came out. Happened 2 times so far this afternoon. I feel like I’m in Florida with these quick showers!

Karen: Hope the choir did well today and the Anniv celebration was well attended!

Dave: Tell Kathi thanks for the lawn sign picture. It’s perfect. Now ask her what website address or company did she use. There are so many. Thanks.

Made a Peach/Blueberry cobbler with some of the peaches I got yesterday. It actually turned out good with all the changes I made to the original recipe. :clap002:
That’s what’s left from my peach purchase! They are so sweet & juicy. Not like the HARD BASEBALL LIKE ones they have in our grocery store!

IMG_1292.jpegIMG_1294.jpeg
View attachment 80113View attachment 80113IMG_1293.jpeg

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Everytime I post pictures about my baking or dinners I remember Mama Bear
(BB/Pat) and all the cooking she did for her family all the time.
Hope I’m not driving you all crazy with these posts. I just enjoy cooking, baking and sharing with you guys!
Feel free to tell me to KNOCK IT OFF! :emoticon 0140 rofl:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Short check in from Belleview, it's been a long but very nice weekend! Church was packed this morning for the Anniversary service & my sister's even surprised me by coming to see me confirmed. Choir ended up not singing the Spanish songs as they were supposed to be pre-recorded with vocal accompaniment but the A/V team couldn't get them to come up on the screen, so plan B.
Parish hall was packed with people eating & by the time Pam, Pat & I got our food there was no place to sit, so we went back to the church & ate in the library. It was actually kind of nice, it was cool, it was quiet & we could just relax.
Dentist appt. at 9 tomorrow so will try to check in after that

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
nice car pictures K2, Thanks.
Dave. I can't remember the date of the tbird, think it was mid 60s. I use to have a nice picture of it but lost it with a lot of my other pictures.
I'm glad no one got hurt by the tornado Lee. That has to be very scary a tornado so close.
Kc , a very nice surprise that your sister came to see you get confirmed. It must have made it all the more meaningful.
I hope all is okay with you now Bill.
It would rain here for a few minutes then the sun would come out. it did that a few time s today.
We are getting a lot of tomatoes, even gave a lot away, mostly to our kids. A nice thing is the of squirrels are not bothering them too much. I wrote a letter to a friend that I have seen very few squirrels. large black birds and rabbits this year but I do hear what I think is a cardinal.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hope you're feeling better, Bill.

K2; I've got no website for you for my yard sign. I just brought up Amazon and typed in "Harris/Walz yard sign". They've got lots of them. The ones offered by the democrats were dull & boring.

Lee; I've found that the most you'll get from a local Democratic Party office is a sticker.

Glad to hear that your Anniversary service was a big hit, KC. You didn't need your church, heck I would have confirmed that you are KC. :)

I agree with you Mike. I don't think I've ever seen a Tom Hanks movie that I didn't like.

Since this is the week of the Democratic Convention expect that 90% of the news you see will involve that. But the world keeps going around.

A’Burg Guy

Monday. Again. It seems to happen every week.
We had a couple of good downpours yesterday afternoon and evening. The air was so nice and cool this morning with no humidity.
Your church service and confirmation sound wonderful Karen. Extra special that your sisters realized how important the day was for you and were there.
Kathie, I love seeing your baking pictures and reading your posts. Thank you for both. I know what you mean about grocery store fruit. And produce. Your cooking and baking leaves us thinking about Momma Bunny Pat. The berries we bought, although CDN, were distributed through Driscoll’s who are headquartered in Watsonville, CA. That gets me thinking about Tony. And Marsha is never far from my thoughts. The man upstairs certainly has his hands full with those three!
Sending good thoughts your way Bill.
We have lots of bunnies here and down at The Navy Yard a whole bunch of squirrels Mike. They know who has peanuts for them and come to greet us, and the others, every day.
Sometimes I wish we had CNN and Foxnews just to see how the two polar opposite networks will spin the DNC Dave. When we have an election if we want a lawn sign we just have to call or email the candidate’s office and they send somebody out and plunk it on your lawn!
Did one of you just offer me a coffee? Why thank you. Don’t mind if I do.
And today’s fun thought…if you know twins mention to them that one of them wasn’t planned. ;)
Have a really good day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Trimmed the front of the house Shrubs just now. I could have really used one of these contraptions! WOW! I'm thinking this is used at a Landscape Nursery where they grow lots of shrubs for jobs! Amazing what's out there if needed.

Off to get another bottle of water and check my blood pressure! :emoticon 0136 giggle:
My fantastic hubby is out there bagging the cuttings. He has 3 leaf bags already. You can only fill them 1/3 up in the bag because the trimmings are so heavy. The trim job was put off way too long, hence the weight in the bags! :oops:

machine bush GIF

Bill: If you're reading along let us know how you're doing. Hope you're feeling much better today.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
President Biden did good.
He gave his all to the country for the last 50 yrs.
How many politicians can say that.....

12:30 a.m. and he waved what was a fond-farewell to the DNC convention.
5 more months, as he said, and he'll work as hard as he ever has to keep Trump
out of office! BRAVO JOE! Job well done.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good morning Wabbits!

Neat looking gadget that trims shrubs. K2. I never knew that there was such a thing. I see that I'm not the only one to stay up till the end of Biden's speech.

Lee; That would be so nice here if a phone call to a candidate's office would get you a lawn sign. Dream on. Too many places making bucks for that to happen.

Jack is off to the Vet this morning. Needs a more potent prescription for his itching. Appears to be from some kind of allergy.

Hi to all you Bunnies!.

And that's it from me this morning.

A’Burg Guy

Guess who wasn’t up at 5:30 this fine morning? Now my whole day will be off. :emoticon 0100 smile:
I thought that was a neat machine for trimming shrubs perfectly round too Kathie. Joe inherited a sh!t show from t-rump. He and his team have worked too hard to right the ship to possibly have it go back. Not even so much to the party as to one individual.
I sure hope Jack’s vet is able to find something that works for his allergies Dave. It’s tough because pups can’t tell us what seems to be causing the itch.
I don’t have a lot this morning either. Other than to wish you all a fantastic day!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
:clap002: :clap002: WOW … The Obama’s blew it away with their speeches!
I wish they were still in office.

You don’t know what you had until you don’t have it anymore”.

Glad I stayed up!

IMG_3116.jpeg

ON WEDNESDAY!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Yes it's Hump-Day already. And a chilly one at this point. 50 degrees. Feels like football weather. But don't pack away your shorts just yet. Over the weekend it'll work its' way back up to around 90. (Yes Lee, keep your Speedo handy. :) )

Jack did go to the Vet's yesterday to stop his itching. He got a shot of something with a big long name. And is suppose to be LOTS more effective than Benadryl. It better be, it cost $90.

Any luck K2 on finding a yard sign on Amazon to your liking? At least last night's Democratic Convention didn't last until this morning. Hope the Obama's stay on the campaign trail for Kamala.

I had to laugh when Kathi told me about her trip with Jack to the Vets'. She said that a lady her age was talking with her in the waiting room, as she held her little puppy, in for its' puppy shots. She said to Kathi, "You'd think people our age would be smart enough not to get a puppy." Obviously she wasn't. :)

A’Burg Guy

Spot on 50F on our early morning walk. But like my esteemed colleague in Massillon the heat and humidity are set to return this weekend. Which means the grass will be getting a cutting over the next couple of days.
The cost of vet care is just crazy Dave. I reckon most of us with fur kids or fur grandkids can relate to that. What a cute encounter Kathi had with the other lady. But you know, it’s a conversation and observation Lu-Ann and I have had and made.
I wondered where you got off to yesterday Kathie. Now I have it figured out. You were catching up on your sleep from night one of The DNC and resting for last night. I loved it when President Obama referred to the past four years (don’t quote me here) as “a movie about bumbling and chaos. And sequels are usually worse”. He and Michelle were then and continue to be first class people.
Hopefully you are feeling better Bill and will be home soon!
And I hope all is well for you Karen. And you too Mike. It was pretty quiet here in the hutch yesterday.

We’re off to find me a new pair of really good walking shoes. Can you believe that I have worn out another pair!
But I’ll leave you with another thought. In the word “scent” is the “s” or the “c” silent?
Have a great day my friends.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: Without cheating and looking up your question about "S" or "C".....
I choose "C"! Just because it's the first letter! Ha Ha.

Did housework today and that means the kitchen floor got a good washing.
Throw rugs too. I really hate housework lately! :rolleyes: Too cheap to get a cleaning person. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Off to make dinner.

I can't imagine the SPEECHES tonight matching last nights, but one never knows.
I bet all the KETCHUP bottles were hidden at Mar-A-Lago this week! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Barack Obama GIF by PBS News
Michelle Obama GIF by PBS News

Snl Ketchup GIF by Saturday Night Live
Ketchup running for their lives!

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Our temps seem to be like yours Dave. It got down to 50 earlier this mornng and is 74 now. For the next week or so will be in the 80s or 90s. As usual not much going on here today, don't feel like watching TV, I may turn it on to fox to see what they think about every thing. I would say the c is silent Lee, sent- scent.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
So far so GOOD at the DNC!

JEFFRIES said this in part of his speech. So well said!!

“Donald Trump is like an old boyfriend who you broke up with, but he just won't go away,” said Jeffries, who stands to become the first Black speaker if Democrats reclaim the House.

"Bro, we broke up with you for a reason," he said during the primetime speech. "We are never, ever getting back together."

Back to the convention. I hope I can make it to hear Oprah.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
We're getting worried about you Bill. Hope you get on here soon and tell us how you are doing.

Ketchup bottles running for their lives. Now that is funny, K2.

The Buffoon does seem to be getting cranky with all the air time that Harris & Walz are getting and their popularity. So every day he just flings out a new stupid statement or claim. This election is turning into Harris & Walz against Beavis and Butt-head.

I don't know about you Lee and Mike but they've backed up the real heat until the beginning of next week. But it will be warmer this weekend.

We also had a quiet day yesterday. Jack seems to itch a LOT less following his shot on Tuesday. Got a call from the Vet yesterday asking how he was doing. They recommended we also wipe him and his paws off with a damp towel when he comes back inside.

This morning we just might do a wee-bit of grocery shopping.

Time now Bunnies to wake up dancing or wiggling around the breakfast table to this tune.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1UDCsfwWoE