Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Quick check in from Belleview, this week has just been non-stop running for me. Today was no exception, after church this morning several of us helped set up the tables in the Parish hall for back to church Sunday this week. Then I found out my friend Pamela got drafted to cook dinner for the youth group tonight even though she has a badly sprained arm, so I told her I'd come back & help her. Got home from church around noon, did a bit of house work & then took some food to my friend who had surgery on Monday & then to church again to cook. Another lady had shown up to help too so with the 3 of us there we were able to keep Pam from having to do any heavy lifting. After we got the kiddo's fed & the kitchen cleaned up Pam & I went to Publix to take advantage of their popcorn chicken on sale bogo.
Now I'm ready to just take my shower & head to bed. Tomorrow will be a little quieter, finish up housework, cook some more meals to take to my friend on Friday & choir practice tomorrow night. Catch up more tomorrow!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
DAVE: GRAB & SEAT is a must.
KAREN:
Slow down girl. You’re going to burn out if you don’t.
Nice you could help so many folks out! :clap002:

We had a FANTASTIC day. This Comfort Inn is more than perfect. We had a dinner at the old train station by the Harbour Best fresh caught peach I’ve ever had. And we got to sit outside and watch the sunset.

Mike: Computers and getting what you want to see on them is tricky for all of us. Hang in there.

Saw this and had to share. If you watched the debate you will understand the photo.
IMG_1455.png

Talk more weather home.
Time to get some sleep.

Have a good Thursday all

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Morning, Morning!

I agree with you Lee & Mike. There will be at least 2 grab-bars in the new walk in shower and a seat.

We picked out the style and color of the new shower. (Way too many to choose from.) In was ordered and should be in in about a week.

Also picked out the kind of sliding door on it and handles on it. Type of shower head and one handled on/off water handle and water temperature control.

So many big and small differences in just a simple shower head and grab-bars. My head was spinning by the time we got out of there.

WOW, you have so much going on in your life KC. And most of it seems to be in helping other people.

K2; I too hope that Tuesday's debate will be the last of them. I've got to admit,
"Best fresh caught peach I’ve ever had." took me a while to figure out. :)

Should be another warm sunny day here.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
A clear start to this Thursday morning.
The gang is meeting for breakfast at 9:00 at a spot about 20 minutes from here. Then we’re all playing a round of mini golf! This ain’t your Grandfather’s mini putt. It’s a beautiful little golf course. No windmills, swinging posts or clowns. Well, maybe the players are the clowns…This afternoon Lu-Ann’s PD dance fall session starts up.
I loved your picture Kathie. Were those pets “survivors” from Springfield and Aurora? It sounds like your getaway has started off very nicely. Did ya know…you can see a double sunset in Goderich? You watch it from Rotary Cove Beach and then run up the stairs to Rotary Cove Lookout at the top of the hill and you can see it set again!
It sounds like you’ve found the perfect shower insert for yourselves Dave. The choices for everything in homes is mind boggling these days. Yep, little known fact. Peaches roam wild in parts of Ontario. There’s nothing like a fresh caught peach - often served cut up with ice cream, in pies or sometimes eaten whole. They make a nice dessert if you have had fresh caught perch for dinner too. ;)
You can slap me when you see me Kathie. I deserve it for that tall tale.
Best get my coffee.
Everyone have a super day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
You know what they say about the road to He!! right? Well, I guess I did some paving today. But I guess better late than never.

Dave, it's amazing all the choices you have for bathrooms now days, I'm sure you & Kathi will be pleased when your nephew get's it all finished, of course we want PIC's!

Lee, sounds like a fun outing planned for your group & congrats to Jim &Gail on becoming Canadian citizens!

Kathie, that was super nice of the bike group to get together & trim Rick's shrubs for him. We have openings on the Building & Grounds crew if anyone them plan on wintering in Florida! Enjoy your getaway!

Mike, there are times I think computers are more trouble than they are worth, but we are so dependent on them that we just keep putting up with the hassles from time to time.

Made a BIG pot of Hamburger veggie soup for my choir friend & a pan of shepherd's pie that I will take to her tomorrow. Trying to get some of the other choir members to help out but it's kind of like herding cats, everyone is willing they just want someone to tell them what to do.

And my little lady friend Miss Reba called me today wanting me to trim her plants for her & order her a new garden hose & nozzle and install it for her. She had one picked out at Home Depot so I ordered it online today & it will be delivered Wed. I don't mind helping her, she will be 93 or 94 the 25th of Sept. and still get's around pretty well for her age. Plus the whole project probably won't take me 30 mins. if that.

Time to unwind a bit more & then call it a night, we had 8 in choir tonight, still missing several people and it sounds like it too.

A’Burg Guy

Thank you for checking in Karen. Another day where you were up to your ankles in “busy”. Thing is, you were in head first!
Here’s a look back across the 18th green and some of the back nine at the mini golf! A good day was had by all.
I hope you all had a good day as well.
Now, back to the Buffalo / Miami game.
IMG_7274.jpeg

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Anyone know where I can buy some fresh caught peach?????? I had to read that twice.
Dave, it takes us forever somethimes to make up our minds with all the options to buy an item and then we may second guess ourselves. Generally with too many options I get confused, just call me Vinnie. (welcome back Carter)
K2, Fay and I enjoyed and got a laugh out of your picture. I hope you don't mind but I may steal it.
Karen, you are working yourself to death, slow down.
Lee, I played golf once, quit counting after I hit 100, decided golf was not my sport. It sound like a very enjoyable morning. What is PD dance fall session??
I wrote this much earlier but fogot to post it.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
DAVE: I have to mention that this attached picture of a shower head on a sliding rod that you can use for so many things. The most important being RINSING DOWN THE WALLS AND FLOOR AFTER scrubbing the clean! I have something like this IN ADDITION to the stationary shower head. You could also get it as the main unit.
It came n handy when I had my knee surgery. I could sit in the shower on a shower chair and slide the shower head UP and DOWN the rod and tilt it to where I wanted or take it off the rod and use it as I wanted while sitting.
You might want to think about adding that and/or talk to your Nephew about something like that. You won‘t be sorry. The shower cleaning helper you can ask for.
YOU ALL MADE ME LAUGH ABOUT THE PEACH or PERCH! I was so close….but just one letter wrong! Ha ha.

1726197333792.png

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Lee; Do you shoot or trap those wild peaches roaming around Ontario? :) That sounds like a fancy-shmansy putt-putt golf course. Sounds cool. Glad you had fun.

Yes KC, there are WAY too many choices in bathroom fixtures. Much like buying knobs and handles for cabinets. Such a busy life you have. I think you'd go nuts if it wasn't.

Yes K2, that picture of your shower-head and sliding hand held sprayer is similar to the one we'll have.

Mike; Golf is a game that will humble you. Great one day, and terrible the next.

Somebody here in Massillon was lucky when he bought a lottery ticket from a mini-mart about 4 blocks from us. Of course it wasn't me.......because I don't buy "scratchies".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...lans-to-give-back-to-chemo-center/ar-AA1qloO1

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhzzAUaOzsk

And that tune is because Mike mentioned “Vinny” from “Welcome Back Kotter”.
Mike, PD dance fall session is 8 weeks of dance for Parkinson’s Disease patients and their care partners. We have all levels of folks with PD in the small but enthusiastic class. The young lady reaching keeps it simple and fun adding moves and steps about 8 beats at a time. We have a warm up and cool down and the session is a tick under an hour.
The thing about golf, mini or otherwise, is that it always seems to give you a memorable shot or two that keep you coming back. Only, as Dave said, to be humbled again by a stick and a ball.
You have to trap the peaches Dave. Generally in a big basket. They banned peach hunting with guns a few years back. Quite the windfall for that fella! Seems he wants to give back to a number of places that have been good to him in the past.
I’m willing to bet it was auto correct that switched your fish for a fruit Kathie. I’m not overly fond of either of the detachable shower heads we have. Unfortunately we didn’t get to pick them in this house. I could swap them out I suppose.
Off to Costco this morning to get a big old salmon fillet. We are having our neighbours for dinner this evening. They mentioned that they enjoy salmon, not everyone does, so I’m doing my pecan / dijon crusted salmon and serving the garlic citrus rice I tested the other day.
Enjoy this fine day and if you have triskaidekaphobia don’t look at the calendar.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi gang.
Had one of those sleepless nights. I failed to mention I got 3 BITES while in Canada. 2 on my head and one on the side of my neck. Taking Benadryl for the horrible itch. I think a spider got me. Just glad it wasn’t a few inches down or my eye would have gotten it. Neck and forehead are swollen. Just crazy how I get these reactions. There were hundreds of tiny NAT bugs at one cemetery, but I don’t think that they would do this type of sting.
I do remember walking into a Spider Web down at the beach by a stairway.

Art’s parent’s old house had a For Sale sign on the grass. :eek:

They bought it for under $15,000 58 yrs ago. It’s listed for $699,990. Totally remodeled inside. We recognize the roof line in the bedroom ceilings and the staircase and the kitchen window. Everything else has been TOTALLY REMODELED and an addition put on the back of the house. It’s a great brick house and we’re glad it got a huge update. Wish it was our house!
I’ll post a picture when I find it.

Mike: We saw a cool looking bird house made out of Gourds. Thought of you and stopped and snapped a pic. IMG_1458.jpegIMG_1459.jpeg

Dave: Good to know you picked out neat fixtures for the shower.

Lee: Your planned dinner sounds yummy. Nice that you do such a good job cooking. Cool video.

Karen: Good to know Miss Reba is still getting around and cares about her property looking nice. Even better that she has you to help her out. Bless you.

Talk more after this venom takes its course and stops itching and swelling goes down. Always Something!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Art’s parent’s former house!

IMG_1463.png
IMG_1465.png

Sorry about too many pics! This should keep you busy wondering if the house really has 2 front doors! Ha ha. It does. Notice no ‘side lights’ on one side and only one mailbox!

Last edited:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Another weekend creeps up on us. They seem to come SOOO fast.

There is never too many pictures, K2. Those bird houses made out of gourds is definitely unusual. I also looked at the picture of Art's parent's home and wondered if it was a duplex. So WHY is there 2 front doors? STOP SCRATCHING! :)

Lee; Add me to the list of people that enjoy salmon. I'm a fan of the standard high pressure shower-head and also having a hand-held one. Using one or the other and also having the capability of using both at the same time.

Plans for today? Neither of us has really given any thought to it. Yes, retired people often think that way.

A’Burg Guy

OK, so I started this last night and, well, forgot to hit “post”...
What a beautiful home Kathie. It looks like at some point it may have been up for consideraction as a semi or duplex. What with the two front doors.
And in other news…
Good Saturday morning.
Dinner was really good! Everything came out as it should.
I wondered if Mike had ever mate bird houses out of gourds.
I find when I swap out shower heads I always remove the little “water saver” piece Dave. That gives us good strong pressure and we likely spend less time in the shower! With the adjustable heads now we can choose the pressure and “pattern” we like.
We’re leaving here mid afternoon to take our friend Lisa to Detroit airport. She’s flying to Seattle for a few days and then up to Vancouver, BC to visit other friends of ours who moved out there about 5 years ago. With the potential Air Canada pilots strike she’s not sure what her return trip, which would have been Vancouver to Toronto to Windsor may look like!
Not much else from here. For now.
Other than to wish you all a good and safe day!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Quick Good Morning.

LEE: You and Lu-Ann are TRUE friends for driving to Detroit Metro Airport! I think it's called McNamara, but they change it around so much I just call it Detroit Airport! :emoticon 0136 giggle: Just be careful driving. Not sure what kind of Construction you'll run into.

I was told years ago that they built houses w/ 2 entrances so that the family came into the mud room/kitchen area on the right side and the other door was the formal living room & dining room. When the house was remodeled, they kept the doors the same and just ripped out some walls to make it more "open concept" and then added onto the back of the house.
It's just absolutely amazing the work that was done on the inside of the home. Looks fantastic. I still remember the wall phone in the kitchen that was a round ear piece. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

I'm taking the big risk of driving into Downtown Detroit to go to a 10th Anniversary celebration of a distillery. They've concocted a 10Th Anniversary Bourbon that you can buy that's supposed to be SUPER SMOOTH and tasty. So I'm taking my American Express Card with me because I imagine it will be pricey. Ha Ha. Actually, I'll have my Costco Visa with me.
I tried my best to get some friends to come with me and didn't get anyone who was interested. The HUGE FARMERS MARKET will be open and I plan on finding a bouquet of fresh cut flowers for my kitchen.

You all be good and have a FANTASTIC SATURDAY.

I'll try and take some pictures of the downtown events!
It will be crowded downtown because the Run and Walk for the Cure is going on. It will almost be over, but the (mostly women) will spill over into all the restaurants and who knows maybe even the Detroit Distillery! Later gang.

Last edited:

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
That is a beautiful house K2. It is also a beautiful price. I hope your itching has stopped by now.
Lee, no I never made bird houses out of gourds, I have planted the purple martin gourds but I didn't feel like doing all the work involved in making the birdhouses. It looks like those gourds are purple martin gourds and the gourd houses can be lowered to clean. Fay and I both like salmon. We are having fish this evening but not salmon, we had salmon last week. Thanks for the explanaton and the song.
Dave, bird house gourds aren't that unusual. There is different gourds for diffenet birds, mostly depending on the size of the bird. There is a lot of work involved in making the houses.
What are you up to today Karen???
Michael stopped by yesteday then left for Pattie's house this afternoon. The two of them are going to the Biltmore House Tuesday. He has never been there and it was on his bucket list.

A’Burg Guy

Good evening folks.
A good run across the border with Lisa. The only delay came when we hit the US border at 3:00 pm. Shift change! Anyway, we were less than an hour door to DTW‘s Evans (north) terminal. We stopped at a Meijer grocery in Taylor, MI on our way home. We pulled in back home a scant three hours after we left.
I suppose like with most things Mike, like gourd bird houses, there is a lot more to building them than most people realize.
How did your day trip go Kathie? I’m glad that we took the bridge because we may have gotten in to heavy traffic. Both vehicles and people.
About time for another check in please Miss Karen.
See you all in the morning!