Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning, our 1st clear morning in ages, the last week or so it's been super foggy when I wake up & lasting till 10-11 am.

Kathie, that was quite a project you & Art tackled, sorry to hear it didn't solve the leak issue! Nice pic's of the market & your weekend trip to Canada. And yes, I am waiting till Thurs when Miss Reba's hose is here to do her yard work

Dave, I can't believe you gave away Franklin! You've had him for ages! Good luck with your shots today, hopefully you won't have any side effects.

Mike, great song by JD! Larry was born & raised in Hurricane W. Virginia.

Lee, glad to hear LuAnn's appt. went as good as could be expected, you are both so focused on staying healthy it's got to be frustrating when the progress is so slow!
Rest? Slow down? what is that you speak of?? :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

I wasn't planning on getting the 4th covid booster, but after finding out my friend Pat has covid AND I took her to choir practice Thurs night & hugged her when I dropped her off at home, I'm thinking it might be a good idea.

Going over to mow Jane's yard in a little bit, then this afternoon my friend Pamela is coming over with food for me to take to our choir friend Leila, and I invited her to stay for dinner. I'm doing chicken, potato's & carrots in the crock pot so no fuss on my part. I've been taking 2 meals at a time to Leila, 3 days a week to help her out, another choir member took her food on Sat. And my sister Jane fixed a big pan of lasagna for her this weekend, so we've been keeping her well stocked & she's loving it! She offered to pay me to keep cooking for her after she is well & I said thanks but no thanks! she doesn't know it but I really don't like to cook that well, but I knew with her surgery she would need help feeding herself & her family.

time to get myself in gear so I can get done mowing before it's to hot!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
:emoticon 0115 inlove: WOW.... look it's getting close to noon hour and I finally found my way over here!

You Wrabbits have been busy chatting away! I can't keep up with you.
Not enough time right now to reply to all, but I will do a quick one! Ha Ha

Dave posted: I must admit, a spoon is not something I carry in my toolbox. Make sure Art gets it cleaned and back in the kitchen drawer.
Very good observation Dave about the spoon. It's a "old garage spoon" for various needs in the yard with fertilizers, etc.
I brought it out to the "Sprinkler Job" so Art wouldn't wear out his fingers pulling out the loose earth and mud around the hole with the roots. It worked pretty good.

NO SWEARING was done on this job. I helped by getting our neighbors saw from his garage and then suggesting we get a better blade. We have the best next-door neighbor! The new blade (for wood) will be his when we return the saw. He'll get a home-cooked meal from me too. I was the Flashlight holder too, so Art could see just where that connection was!
Conclusion to this project will be posted sometime on Wednesday after Art gets his stitches removed from the top of his head! Always Something!! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Karen: You are the BEST doing all that cooking for your friend. With all your activities at church and singing in choir and hugs, etc.... I'd suggest you get the Covid and Flu-shots! A poke sure beats getting sick. ;)

Lee: Did Lu-Ann's doctor suggest one of those cloth stretchy knee braces to wear for support when she's doing walking?

Mike: You and I and Fay will miss our garden fresh tomatoes soon. Enjoy as many as you can while they last. Our choir sang "Country Roads" at a concert when we went to Kansas City, Kansas one year. Still like hearing that song. Thanks for posting.

I miss not commenting to Bill, Tony, Pat and Marcia. Hope they all know we think of them often as we post.

Good Morning Friday GIF

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Was that wood I heard you knocking on Karen? Did you get the mowing done?
The doctor saw no benefit of an elastic knee support at this point Kathie.
Ya, I was thinking about how I would have been teasing Bill after his Patriots lost in OT.
80F under bright, sunny skies. It seems a tad warmer to me.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
WHEW..... did the BIG ITEM shopping at Costco & Kroger earlier.
Toilet paper, stuff in 12 pcs cases, those LAWN BAGS that we will need for leaves soon. The most expensive thing was Alum Foil! Dang, I wish I owned an Aluminum Company. I'll be much more frugal when covering items for now on. Plastic wrap is so much less expensive.

Not on my list...I did buy a "Sample Ladies" Organic Fudge Brownies. I got my calculator and punched in the price, etc, etc and it was a decent price. Low in Sodium. That's for Art. He's the Chocolate fan in this house. I'm always proud of myself when I can get out of that store with what's on the LIST.

Lee: I saw how much a nice piece of Salmon was here at Costco and thought about how much they charge in Canada's Costco! ;) Sure hope the guests appreciated you preparing that special Salmon for them the other day.

Karen: I don't blame you for not getting the Flu Shot. Just make sure you knocked on REAL WOOD! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Art got home from Tuesday Biking and just had to get into the SPRINKLER JOB. If you hear a scream when he does the test and it doesn't work..... well he still has Wednesday to work on it again! :eek:

Later. No rest for the SLAVE LADY ..... gotta feed my man dinner!

I was on the HOLD with our NEW TRASH PICK-UP company for 1 hour & 21 mins. I put it on speaker and just took it with me as I did my errands, and it took the PAIN of waiting off my mind. My question took all of 3 mins to ask and get an answer. I told the person it would have been nice if on the 3 pages of information they sent out that my simple question was answered on one of the pages. Oh well, like I said I wasn't upset waiting so long because I kept doing my errands.

I really need to get a pair of those Bluetooth Ear Buds, so I don't have to hold the phone close to listen to it. Ha Ha.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Excited Lets Go GIF by Yeremia Adicipta

HOUSTON WE HAVE LIFT OFF!

IMG_1543.jpeg

Sprinkler is fixed and working.
Just needs to fill in hole and put a chunk of grass back around it! Nice savings doing this ourselves! Yup, we both worked on it!
:clap002:

A’Burg Guy

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

Great job Art and Kathie!
I have earbuds and use them all the time when I’m on the bike or treadmill.
It was a beautiful evening for a stroll through The Fort.
See you all in the morning.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Checking out for the night, Pamela came over for dinner, we had a nice meal & good conversation, she stayed till almost 8 so I guess she was having a good time too.

Nice job on the fixing the sprinkler Kathie, Art sounds like me, if there is a half finished project it's going to keep bugging me until it's done.

Lee, got Jane's back yard all mowed & trimmed, will go back over on Sat. to do the front yard. She kept saying don't worry about it, but if I wait 2 weeks to mow it will be that much higher & harder to do.

Will try to catch up again tomorrow, have a great evening all!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hump-Day!

Congratulations K2 on fixing and testing the lawn sprinkler. Now watch it start raining cats and dogs for a week. Speaking of leaves; Looking out our kitchen window yesterday I spotted a couple of trees our neighbors have that seem to have slightly changed color. I don't know what kind of trees they are. A while later I looked out when a mild breeze was blowing. Damned if there weren't a few of the leaves falling to the ground.

Lee; I too saw that beautiful big moon Monday night. Last night when it had become a fully full moon all I could see was a white blur because of some cloud cover.

KC; We did give away "Franklin" a while ago. He was the frog in a butler's outfit carrying a silver tray. But we did replace him with an exact replica. "Fred" was just a giant green frog with big eyes which we set at the end of the driveway on Sunday. Please get that Covid shot, if nothing else.

While we were at the pharmacy yesterday which is inside our larger grocery store, we also did our grocery shopping for the week. As for pumpkin-spice items, Kathi snatched up some pumpkin-spice Cheerios and a couple of packs of pumpkin-spice Oreos.

I said NO to some pumpkin-spice Milk-Bones for the dogs. Yes, they do have them.

A’Burg Guy

Not a whole lot going on here so far this morning.
I completely get wanting to cut the grass more often Karen. I, like you, think it takes a lot less effort to “trim” it twice than “cut” it once. Nice that you and Pamela had a good evening.
We got the clear full moon both last night and this morning Dave. Lu-Ann thought I’d left the back light on. That’s how bright it was at bed time.
Yes Kathie, salmon is pricey. Even at Costco. Our big fillet was just shy of $30. BUT…it did serve 4 adults and left enough for a lunch for us.
Hi Mike.
Hmmm. It could be “five to coffee“ o’clock.
Have a great day everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Hello GIF by 大姚Dayao
Wow, this week with the perfect weather is flying by fast!

You boys sure were up early,as usual!
We have become MOON CHILDREN on here! I too saw the bright light coming onto the bedroom window by one of the curtains. If you enlarge the picture you can see it better. It was in between the houses across the creek and flanked by our Pine trees. Kind of neat. If I had a better camera it would have looked nicer!

IMG_1553.jpeg

I’m going to make a pot of coffee. Today I’d like to wash the windows outside on this house. It’s not a bad job with my window washing extension pole and squeegee on one end!
I just have to wear long pans and long sleeve shirt and a scarf and spray myself with OFF bug spray. I don’t need more mosquito bites

Enjoy you HUMP DAY WRABBITTS!

Wednesday Hump Day GIF by joeyahlbum

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Got those windows done on the outside! Had to ditch the idea of a scarf and was long sleeve shirt. Just too hot & humid out there. Good thing I started early.
Even Art gave up on cutting the dead annual plants. And this man loves the heat.

The house on the Kitty-corner across the creek from us had an old Gazebo attached to the deck. Previous owners never maintained it. The guy that bought the house a few years back had it torn down. Took down the wood deck too since it was just as rotten. Yesterday he was there with a few middle aged guys and they quickly set up wooden forms. Looks like he will be pouring a cement deck. It’s a long way from the sliding door to any type of surface he puts down there. Should be interesting to see this project move along.

It reminded me of Dave driving buy the New Build house to see it’s progress.
I have a direct (angle) view of this guys project! :)

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Before pic is above! You have to enlarge to see the worn out Gazebo!

During construction below!
IMG_1558.jpegIMG_1556.jpeg
That’s going to need a lot of steps to get down to the eventual patio. And I can bet money they don’t make them deep or wide enough to safely walk down! :rolleyes:

Are you bored with all this useless info yet! Ha ha. Suck it up Wrabbits. :D

A’Burg Guy

A nice afternoon here except for one thing. I’m going to ask you all to keep our friend Gail in your thoughts and prayers please. She had a call from our regional cancer center following a “smashing” to come in for a biopsy as well as further scans and a biopsy in the vicinity of her lymph nodes. That happens Friday.
Thanks my friends. Kinda had the wind knocked out of our sails.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee & Lu-Ann not the kind of news anyone wants to hear.
I know you both will support her as good friends do. Positive thoughts and prayers going Gail’s way for sure. :emoticon 0152 heart:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
KAREN: Hope you have a smooth time of getting Miss Reba’s hose hooked up etc,etc.
Hope it’s not as hot & humid as it was over our way. Take care.
I went for a short 3 mile bike ride to see if the new road was open from 23 mile to 25 mile and it was.
Feel bad for all the folks that had wooded buffer between them and the other houses for the past 40+ years. Of course, it was farm land way before it ever was subdivisions.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Dave. my tulip poplar tree is losing a lot of its leaves, that doesn't bother me because the leaves get mulched very fine. We have a Cleveland pear tree that the leaves feel rubbery and they don't mulch at all.
Thanks for the very true cartoon K2.
Karen, Isn't it wonderful to sit down and talk to friends?
Lee, very sorry to hear about you friend Gail. She will be in my thoughts. I know how scarey that is. Like Karen, I hope they are being extra cautious.