What's the weather like today where you live??

K

Kathie-K2

[large]Mbandy........thanks for the congrats on our Red Wings. We had over a MILLION people show up in Downtown Detroit for the victory Parade yesterday. I didn't go. Too HOT and too many people!! I was there for the last one and still remember how HOT it was in the open streets. :help

We had 95 temps yesterday and rain on and off from evening and through the night. Today it's 85-88, sunny and HUMIDITY must be 200% from all that water. I've stayed inside to avoid the heat. Went for a walk at 5:30 a.m. when it was bearable.

Have a great weekend all! Stay COOL! :wave
[/large]

L

lillian854

I LIVE IN PUERTO RICO, YOU KNOW ALL THE YEAR IS SUMMER. AT THIS TIME THE WEATHER IS SO HOT. IF YOU HAVE SOME COLD, PLEASE DONT ENVY ME.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE.

M

Mbandy

90 degrees and sunny right now on the way to 93. Humidity is only 5%, very nice. Considering that the normal average high for June is 102, I'm not complaining. :)

K

Kathie-K2

Lillian854: I've been to Puerto Rico when I went on my first cruise. I loved the food and the people in San Juan's downtown area. I'd love to go back and just stay on one of your beach properties. Do you have a favorite that is
nice and clean and not soooooo expensive??

MBandy: Glad you're not totally MELTING from the heat over your way.

Today was sunny, cloudy at times and muggy. Tonight it has cooled down a little. Tomorrow night we're suppose to
get hit with more storms. The poor Electric Company is still trying to get some communities hooked up again. We had
winds from 70 - 90 mph depending on where you lived. Our area had a lot of trees come down and roof damage. We made it without any damage at our house. THANK GOD.

Okay, I'm out of here for the night.

M

Mbandy

Pretty much the same as yesterday. 92 degrees with 4% humidity. No too bad. Supposed to make it up to 96 later. Working the 9 to 7 shift I am lucky to be at work before it gets too hot and leave after it has started to cool down.

K

Kathie-K2

[large]We have HUMIDITY like you can't imagine. You go outside and come back in and even though you
have the Air Cond on 76 (which is almost nothing) it feels like a deep freeze at first!! ::eek: Of course, as soon
as you sit around for a few minutes it's too hot inside!! UNREAL.

It's finally starting to sprinkle a little outside. Suppose to STORM by 8:00 pm.:cool:

Have a good weekend all!

[/large]

M

Mbandy

Just checked weather.com Kathie. Your humidity is 90% =eek

If we had humidity like that with our 96 degrees people would be keeling over left and right.

M

Mbandy

Warming up now. It's 101 with a whopping humidity of 6%. Supposed to make it to 103. Back down to a balmy 99 by the time I get off work. HOT!

B

boba

:S Cloudy and rainy this morning. Supposed to go to Castle Island in Boston for a picnic and watching the boats and ships, but not if it doesn't clear up. =huh

K

Kathie-K2

Chilly this morning here in the Detroit/Metro Suburbs!! [large]52 degrees right now!! [size=medium] Calling for light rain at 4:30 p.m. Good day to get some shrubs trimmed around the house. :cool:[/size][/large]

K

Kathie-K2

[large]Detroit/Metro Suburbs:

Let's just say it feels like we should be picking Apples already. CHILLY.
Last night it was 58 degrees and it's only around 66 right about now. Way too cold for JUNE, but I must say
the LACK OF HUMIDITY is wonderful!! :D
[/large]

M

Mbandy

100 degrees now with humidity of 3%. It IS a dry heat. Supposed to be 103 today. It was 107 yesterday.

K

Kathie-K2

[large]EARL-M........you need to go into your CONTROL CENTER at the top middle of the page and put WHERE YOU LIVE in your address or by your name or somewhere.
When you post that it was "CHANCE OF RAIN" today..........we haven't got a clue as to where that is???? Okay?

Detroit/Metro Suburbs: A beautiful Day here in Michigan. Might rain a tad on Sat, but is suppose to prove to be a HOT 1st day of Summer!!

Have a fun weekend all!! :wave

I heard Southern California was at 100-105 today from a friend. Arizonia 100 too. WAY TOO HOT FOR ME.
[/large]

M

Mbandy

107 right now. Was only supposed too get to 106. Supposed to cool down to 99 by 9PM. Our overnight low is supposed to get down to a bone chilling 83. Brrrr.

Supposed to be 107 again tomorrow.

K

Kathie-K2

[large]MBandy......so are you FRIED YET?? =COOL That's just too hot man. I saw that in Phoenix it was 115 [sub]o[/sub] that's just as bad.

Here in Detroit/Metro area it was in the 80's and sunny and NO WIND for the first time in a long time. Just a perfect day. I just got back from a 2 mile walk and then I hopped on my bike and did 1.5 around the neighborhood to cool off. Hated to come inside.

Have a great week all!! [/large]

M

Mbandy

Well Kathie it has been staying in the 107-108 range the last few days. Overnight lows in the low 80's. Supposed to be 103 today. It isn't too tough yet. I left for work this morning and it was only 83 degrees, not too bad at all. By the time I get off work at 7:15 it will already be cooling down, probably in the mid-90's. The high temperature usually hits between 4 and 5 so that's when I'm in my nice, air conditioned office. On days off, I try to avoid going out except in the morning or evening.

K

Kathie-K2

[large]Yikes.......we're getting distant THUNDER sounds big time outside. The BIG FIREWORKS are tonight in Downtown Detroit. I think they may get wet this afternoon. They keep saying by fireworks time things will be okay. I feel bad for the people that camped out for a good spot at 7 a.m. both downtown and on Belle Isle. It's a huge island in the Detroit River and you can get a great view of the fireworks from it. Lots of pictures on TV of people setting up Grills and Tents for a long day of parties.
Seems strange to have the FIREWORKS on a Monday. It's nowhere near the 4th of July yet. =huh[/large]

M

Mbandy

I was wondering about that fireworks on the 23rd thing. Here in Vegas, some fireworks are legal. They are already setting up the stands that sell them. Most of the stands are operated by non-profit organizations. I have seen a lot of close calls with the "safe and sane" fireworks. Face it, when people get liquored up around explosives it is neither safe nor sane.

A couple of years ago I was riding the bus home from work. This lady tried to get on the bus with a huge package of fireworks she had just purchased. She actually got mad when the bus driver wouldn't let her on board the bus :dizzy

M

Mbandy

102 and sunny right now. Supposed to make it to 105. Humidity is up there too.....9% WHEW!