What's the weather like today where you live??

M

Mbandy

Time to break out the sweaters....only supposed to get up to 98 today and the humidity is in the 20% range which is high for us. Supposed to get some rain this weekend.

sanjoseca... my brother has been fighting fires in your area. He is a pilot for Columbia Helicopters and flies one of those water/retardant dropping choppers.

S

sanjoseca

[quote Mbandy]....sanjoseca... my brother has been fighting fires in your area. He is a pilot for Columbia Helicopters and flies one of those water/retardant dropping choppers.[/quote]

I bet he's tired.....which fire is he on?

M

Mbandy

He has been putting in a lot of hours but he is limited (as all pilots are) as to how many flight hours he can log within a specified time and of course they don't fly when it is dark. The firefighters on the ground are the ones I feel for.

I know they have been moving around a lot. Last I heard he was up around Sacremento. Jeez it seems like the whole state is on fire. Reminds me of the summer of 1995. He has been with Columbia for years. They mainly do logging but they work the fires in the summer. His anniversary is August 1st and his birthday is August 4th. I can't remember the last time he has been home for either.

S

sanjoseca

Probably Butte county [100 miles north of Sacto].....that's one of the bad ones right now.

K

Kathie-K2

[size=medium]Detroit/Metro suburbs are going to be HOT HOT HOT today. Near 90 degrees. It's hot alreayd and it's only 8:10 a.m.

MBandy nice to know your brother is helping out with those fires. Not a easy job. Hope he stays safe.

I already waterd plants in the backyard where the sun doesn't show up until later in the afternoon. Too hot to do the front just yet.

Have a GRAND weekend everyone and stay.........COOL if you can. :pride[/size]

M

Mbandy

=coolsign today (Well relatively speaking) Had a little thunder & lightning late last night but no rain at my house. Some areas of the valley got some though. It was only 78 when I left for work this morning at 7:30 but the humidity was 55% which is really juiced for here in the desert. Even with the high humidity the cooler temperatures with the clouds keeping the direct sunlight at bay it is actually pretty nice. Todays forecast is calling for isolated thunderstorms and a high of only 93 which is almost 20 degrees cooler than it was last week. Aaaahhhhhhhhh, nice :thumb

K

Kathie-K2

[size=large]MBandy........nice to know you can keep your HUMOR UP with those kind of temps!!

It's like a STEAM BATH here (Detroit/Merto area) right now after the earlier rain storm. The A/C is on higher than normal.

Have a great weekend all.
[/size]

M

Mbandy

Ya know Kathie, it's just nice to have something to report other than sunny and hot for a change.

Had a little sprinkle at work today but it has cleared up now. 30% chance for showers on Sunday.

M

Mbandy

Had some light rain today which we desert rats just love. 90 degrees right now. Supposed to get to 96 but I doubt that it will.

K

Kathie-K2

[large]It's POURING RAIN and thunder and lightening as I'm posting this at my daughters house.

Tomorrow its suppose to be in the 90's again..........and with all this rain it will be like a STEAM ROOM outside!! =COOL :help[/large]

K

Kathie-K2

Detroit/Metro Suburbs:
Just like I said in my last post...........HOTTER AND STEAMER than all get out today!!

Temp is at least 93-95 right now. It's like a GHOST TOWN outside. Nobody is outside because of the heat.

Hope things are good with the rest of you folks

M

Mbandy

102 in Vegas today and our version of hot and steamy. 17% humidity but with 102 that makes it feel pretty uncomfortable.

Kathie send some of that pouring rain and thunder & lightning my way....but not until I get home from work.

K

Kathie-K2

[size=medium]Detroit/Metro suburbs.........HOT, MUGGY, HUMID, UGLY!! Get the drift.
It's been spitting rain on and off all after noon and into the early evening. Not enough to upset all the Grad Parties in the neighborhood!! :lol They all have huge tents, so they'll be just fine.

MBandy: I heard about your HUMIDITY. RARE for Las Vegas. You really don't want our rain added to it. Hope you get some relief soon.
[/size]

B

boba

=COOL Today was HOT,HOT,HOT in s. e. Mass. We're just just kicking back in the A/C tonight. Might be beaching it tomorrow.=COOL

K

Kathie-K2

Detroit/Metro Suburbs:

Same old ....same old here again. Hot, Humid, like a steam bath outside. Thank goodness for Air Cond. (tu)

Not a day you want to have it breakdown!!

K

Kathie-K2

[size=medium]Detroit/ Metro Suburbs:

The neatest thing about all this humidity here is at night the FIRE FLIES are lighting up the backyard and even the front yards with their dance!! They're so neat. Tonight while I was watering my flower beds in the front of the house one went right above my head and I could see his BRIGHT LIGHT!! Awesome!!

Have a good week folks. It's 80 degrees outside right now at 10:00 pm. UNREAL.
[/size]

K

Kathie-K2

[size=medium]Detroit/Metro area...........still more of the same........hot and humid. I went for a 3 mile walk at 6:00 a.m. and it was already UGLY outside. The weather folks say that Tuesday should show signs of easing up on the humidity. :cool: Sure hope so.

How's those fires doing out West?? Haven't seen much on the TV about them this past week.

Have a great week all you weather folks. :daisy[/size]

M

Mbandy

85 degrees and 55 percent humidity but it doesn't feel too bad compared to our 110's. That's still pretty sticky for the Mojave Desert though. I usually start whining about the humidity when it hits double digits. They say isolated thunderstorms again today. They keep promising and we have had a few but they have been "isolated" to other parts of the valley and not where I am. Sure would be nice to get a good ol' monsoon thunderstorm tonight.

I haven't heard a lot about the fires either. I think they are pretty much under control.

K

Kathie-K2

FireFly's don't bother ANYTHING or ANYONE MBandy. So no worry about them being under control. Hee Hee.

M

Mbandy

But the right word at the right time
May get me a little hug
That's the difference between lightning
And a harmless lightnin' bug

Jimmy Buffett ~ "Fruitackes"