What's the weather like today where you live??

M

Mbandy

Congrats on the big win Kathie.

Yes, we are having nice weather here and all our beautiful desert plants are in bloom. The air smells heavenly but the post nasal drip is killing me.

Ah CHOOOO!!!

S

sanjoseca

Mbandy said:
Congrats on the big win Kathie.

Yes, we are having nice weather here and all our beautiful desert plants are in bloom. The air smells heavenly but the post nasal drip is killing me.

Ah CHOOOO!!!

Nice spray job....THANKS!

K

Kathie-K2

[size=large] Cute SAN.............took me a second or two to figure out what you were referring to!!

A little Chillier here in the Detroit/Metro suburbs, but SUNNY just as promised. Should get only into the 50's today. :( Enjoy your day all.[/size]

K

Kathie-K2

[large]Detroit/Metro Suburbs............48 degrees. But it feels COLDER .......really!! :([/large]

M

Mbandy

It was nice this morning but a front is moving through so it has turned couldy and very windy. Upper 70's for today then dropping down in to the 50's tomorrow with a chance of thundershowers. Back in to the 60's and 70's for next week.

M

Mbandy

... HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT /9 PM MST/ THIS EVENING...

A HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT /9 PM MST/ THIS EVENING FOR THE NORTHWEST PLATEAU... NORTHWEST DESERTS... NORTHEAST CLARK COUNTY... LAS VEGAS VALLEY... AND SOUTHERN CLARK COUNTY.

SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO BETWEEN 30 AND 40 MPH WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 60 MPH. THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL BE IN AREAS WITH TERRAIN GAPS TO THE SOUTHWEST SUCH AS HENDERSON AND KINGMAN... AND IN THE LEE OF THE SPRING MOUNTAINS IN THE NORTHWEST PART OF THE LAS VEGAS VALLEY. BLOWING DUST AND SAND WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES... AND MOTORISTS AND THOSE OUTDOORS WILL NEED TO USE EXTRA CAUTION.

A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS THAT A HAZARDOUS HIGH WIND EVENT IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF AT LEAST 40 MPH AND... OR GUSTS OF AT LEAST 58 MPH CAN LEAD TO PROPERTY DAMAGE. :S

Airport delays are 45 - 55 minuted because of the wind. It is only 58 degrees. What happened to our nice springtime weather we had on Friday & Saturday =huh

M

Mbandy

Well, we made it through the winds. It turned out getting pretty cold too.

Really nice today. Sunny and 68. Back in to the 70's tomorrow.

K

Kathie-K2

[size=medium] Hello GANG! 50 degrees . Rain stopped around 5pm and the sun was out for awhile tool. Nice to see that it's still daylight outside at 8pm!

I've been busy watching the Hornby Eagles in a nest in Vancouver, BC. It's fasanating to what they fly into the nest and change places and sit on a egg. The Mom may lay
another egg tonight. If not soon they will only have one egg. I've watched this site before when they had 3 little Eaglet babies to care for. Lots of fly-in's for feedings.

Here's the LIVE WEB CAM if you want to go check it out.: http://www.zaplive.tv/web/hornby-island2;jsessionid=49C71A13392B2339CACAB597FD1E5569.node1?streamId=hornby-island2%2F41c60ce2-d937-43ee-b626-e894b24fa419

San: Nice to read that you're just taking it easy and reading. That's a good
[/size]

E

earl_m

finally the weather is getting warmer. double digits finally forthe weekend in Montreal!!!

K

Kathie-K2

[size=medium]Detroit/Metro Suburbs are enjoying SUNSHINE and temps are to get into the low 60's today. RAIN later tonight and into Sunday. Just as long as it doesn't rain and get like
FARGO. I feel really bad for all the flooding those people are enduring. Sure hope all the sand-bagging holds the majority of the water out of their city.

[/size]

M

Mbandy

A beautiful spring day here in Vegas. Supposed to make it to 80 today. They are predicting high winds this afternoon but nothing like the other day.

I was working a little overtime last night. At about 8:30 I walked over to one of the windows facing east. Our vantage point here in Summerlin takes in most of the Vegas Valley. We watched as they turned off all the lights on the strip and on Freemont Street for the Earth Day thing. Very strange to not see all the lights at night.

K

Kathie-K2

[size=medium]Mbandy: That must have been a once in a lift time thing to see. Right when it happened. Cool.

Speaking of COOL......it's 46 degrees here and raining on top of it. Very very damp/cold/dreary today. Hope it gets better during the week.

Have a great week all.[/size]

M

Mbandy

Yes Kathie, it was pretty cool.

You should be up here on the 4th of July. Just after sunset...fireworks all over the valley. While it is really a spectacular sight

M

Mbandy

Yes Kathie, it was pretty cool.

You should be up here on the 4th of July. Just after sunset...fireworks all over the valley, not just on the strip but from the north side to the south. While it is really a spectacular sight you do miss the loud BOOM of the fireworks but it really is cool.

K

Kathie-K2

Detroit/Metro area: 40 degrees right now and CHILLY if you ask me. Hopefully, APRIL will warm up fast this year!! Most likely it won't......never does!! :girly

Earl: You're having better weather than we are. What's with that noise!! =huh

MBandy: I'd love to see those fireworks. I hear the economy, being the way it is, is really starting to hurt Vegas. Even the crazy people who throw their money away are being careful these days.

I can't stand to listen or watch radio or TV with all the doom and gloom of the Auto crap. It hits home in our family!! "Ford" people here. But it doesn't matter which auto comany you work for they
are all getting hit hard. SAD. DAMN BANKS and Wall Street to blame for most of it. The auto companies aren't without blame, just not as much if you ask me. Okay, I'm off my soapbox for today. :loveya Have a good rest of the week all.

M

Mbandy

Pretty nice this morning. Breezy but already 69 degrees. Only supposed to make it to 72.

Yes Kathie, Vegas is feeling a bit of a pinch. The main thing is that many companies who had conventions scheduled have canceled. I'm talking several hundred events canceled for '09. The regular tourisim isn't down that much but it appears that the tourists are not gambling quite as much. Another issue is that the locals aren't gambling as much either.

K

Kathie-K2

[large]Detroit/Metro suburbs.........it says it's 61 degrees here right now. I need to go and check that out. If it's true then it's COLDER inside this house
than it is outside. Too funny.

Have a great Thursday everyone. Later.
[/large]