Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I thought that I could smell moth balls on the wind...
Good afternoon folks. A nice sunny day and we're in the mid 60's F.
Good to hear that you chatted with
Karen Dave. And that she's safe and well. Is the mechanic charging more for gluten free repairs? Seems to be what happens with food. The gluten free stuff is always more expensive. Thanks for a great tune by Albert Hammond. I always liked that one.
We sure were glad that you and the family were safe and sound Pat. As I said with the lake so close it was of concern to us. I remember Bert walking on your grass when we were there after a storm and the big "water bubbles" or whatever they were coming up every time he took a step. Lu-Ann said that there were lots of videos on Farcebook showing sea creatures swimming up and down roads. Including a shark!
We're hoping our old neighbours from Ayr will be by on Monday. They are coming this way for a birthday party and staying over in Windsor. Not the castle, the city on the border with Detroit. It will be good to see them.
OK, I should run.
You all stay safe and well. It's good to know that all of you seem to have come through the storms pretty well. Hopefully your families did as well.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: You seem to post and get the BIGGEST AD'S. WOW, this last one was huge. Nowhere to click the "x" to get rid of it. Oh well, this site has been good to us and we can't complain about an AD here or there! :emoticon 0104 surprised:

Not sure if you all will be able to see this YouTube video, but WOW talk about big buck boats being damaged. Yikes. There was another lady that posted about 9 videos of her and her hubby driving around the Gulf area disasters. They actually, were going to their business to secure construction trailers in the back of the building and then to check on her Dad's house. Almost all the hwys and roads they were on we have driven them too. It felt like we were right down on Hwy 41 and other roads. Sorry it had to be at the expense of a disaster.

I just looked at the video and it seems to work for me. Also, you can scroll to the right arrow and see a lot more places. Seems like I really shouldn't be gawking at other people's tragedies. :emoticon 0101 sadsmile:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Ubhn6APxM

I have a BIG TASTE for Spicy WINGS and celery sticks with Blue Cheese dressing. I'm making that for our dinner with fresh hard rolls. Simple and yummy.

Lee:
Every once in a while, when I walk by the area where I threw the crushed moth balls, I can get a WIFF of the smell. PeeUU
Nice that you'll be getting a visit from your old Ayr's friends.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Wings and all that went with them were GREAT. Spoils you big time for when you order them in a restaurant and they’re just ‘so - so’! :oops: The beer with them made them even better!

Nite all. Go Green! My gang will be watching them in the rain in Maryland! Loyal fans….and crazy too. Ha Ha.

Negc: Not sure where you‘ll be on Saturday, but hope the Seas are kind to you.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
So THAT'S what I've been smelling , Lee. It's K2. Ah....I mean her mothballs.
1f601.png

We often get a lot of chipmunks, and the holes they dig. We've never had much luck jamming mothballs down in their tunnels.

Put me down for some spicy wings.

That's cool how they can just "pull the bathtub plug" to lower the level of Lake Toho and your lake, BB. Does your lake have a name?

"Oh, we'll just ride out the storm right here." I'd bet a lot of people will never utter that phrase again.

We went grocery shopping yesterday at the large grocery store that has a pharmacy. While walking down the isle it hit me that; Just what are the people who were in the path of the hurricane doing for food and getting medicines? I felt kinda guilty.

Our family doctor told us last week to go ahead and get the flu shot. So we did yesterday. No sore arm, as of yet. Thanks to insurance and the government it was once again free.

Hey KC; You had mentioned that you like Colombian coffee, so I picked some up. That's pretty tasty.

Oh, one more thing. Kathi has decided that she wants to be a poll worker in November. Finished up the paperwork Friday to do it.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Went and got bloodwork done this morning. Have a Dr appt on Monday. Other than watching the two races today I have no idea what the day will bring.

All have a great day.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
We are in Portland, Maine today and cleared Customs & Border Protection on the ship this morning so tomorrow morning we can just walk off the ship, pick up our luggage and head home.
Weather wasn't the greatest but we had a great time and met a lot of nice folks over the past
two weeks.
Watching the storm coverage and shocked at some of the pictures of the damage in the Ft. Myers where we spent several months over the past couple of days. Hoping our new location in Vero Beach survived the storm relatively unscathed.
Lee, I knew that the exchange rate between US and CDN was quite favorable for us but I didn't realize how much until today when I converted the $10 I received when I made a purchase in Halifax and received $6.52 US.

A’Burg Guy

Not much going on today. We had the final pickleball lunch of the year. Many of the folks head south. From all their reports they are very fortunate that the homes they own or rent all survived the tragedy that was Ian.
we're getting ready to head out the door to do some important shopping. Red or white Pat?
The exchange rate is not great right now Bill. Our $60 tickets and parking to see the Disney gowns and costumes at The Henry Ford Museum cost a tad over $80.00 CDN. Welcome home.
We got tickets for that “Art of The Disney Costume“ at The Henry Ford Kathie. We’re heading over on Tuesday October 18. I actually don’t mind the smell of moth balls.
As CNN pops back and forth between their coverage of Ian and The Ukraine it does, as Dave said, make you feel guilty when we are upset that some of the shelves in the stores are empty. At least we still have shelves that will likely be stocked again in short order.
Everyone stay safe and sound.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning Bunnies!

And welcome back Bill. Pleased to hear that your 2 cruises were enjoyable, in spite of the weather.

We too didn't have much going on yesterday.

We received our 2 new TV boxes from AT&T. And even though the DVR had magically started working a couple of days ago, we still installed them. (The new boxes extended our warranty on them.) Until it was all back up and running properly, I was sweating that the DVR would quit working again.)

Only minor rains have hit Ohio so far from Hurricane Ion, as it peters out the farther north it gets. Heck my Virginia daughter is expecting more rain in Richmond than at their beach house at Virginia Beach.

Kathi's goal today is to do some weeding out front, if it doesn't rain.

My only goal is to hit the stationary bike, as I watch commercial-free movies I recorded. I never knew there was a "Karate Kid 3".

Have a good day Wabbits. And count your blessings that we have it so good.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
Driving I Love Lucy GIF by Paramount+

Another guess for Pat’s “important shopping”. Likely a good idea if that is it Pat as with the losses and devastation in FL I suspect vehicles will be in very short supply.
Lots of Blue Jays in The Navy Yard this morning. We’re on one of the main migration routes as they head south. They too do love their peanuts.
We have a couple of things to do today so we’re off.
Everyone enjoy the day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Other than watching the race today I have no idea what the day will bring.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! It's another beautiful day here in the Sunshine State. It's hard to believe just a few days ago so much damage happened in our state.

Even in this area many places are still flooded. There's an assisted living facility not far from us called Good Samaritan which is next to Shingle Creek. For the second time since we've lived here (first time was Hurricane Irma) Shingle Creek overflowed and flooded a great deal of the 400+ acre community! They've had to use air boats to evacuate people from their homes or apartments. They don't tell new residents this can happen. It is located next to a Publix shopping area. Their parking lot was also flooded, as well as the entire road that passes the shopping center. The creek hadn't even crested yet last night.

While we were out and about yesterday we passed a number of other roads closed and businesses with cars sitting in 3 feet of water, including one of the hospitals near us. Anyone who was working the night the storm hit has water damage to their cars.

Kathie - Putting moth balls outside to get rid of any animal is against the law here! I hope it works for you and your ground hog.

Due to Ian, the Gators didn't play yesterday as planned. Instead they are playing at 12 o'clock today. Just about time for me to gather snacks and settle in to watch whoever it is they are playing. I'll try to stop back later after the game. Have a super day, everyone!

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Off the ship slightly after 8 a.m. and back home, thanks to Kevin for picking us up, by 9:10. Good to be home but we had a great time on the ship and met some wonderful people from all over (Montana, Oklahoma, Canada, Illinois and Florida just to mention a few). Two weeks until we head out again, this time to warmer climes.
Pats game is later this afternoon, but I may be watching it on the bedroom TV. Laundry is already done and most has been put away, Now back to reality.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Wrabbits. Taking a break from pulling Summer flowers that still looks pretty good, but it has to be done and I have way too many to wait. Still lots to do. Slightly windy and 63F, BUT SUNNY and that made it worth my time.

Not sure if I'll go back out again or not. SOMEBODY HAS TO MAKE DINNER.... and I think that SOMBODY is me! DUH!

Lee: How nice to see the Blue Jays.

Negc: So good to know you're home at least for a few weeks.

BB: On TV the other day they showed how they were evacuating seniors from a center. Had a convoy of buses (looked like military kind) lined up and were taking a lot out on stretchers to board. This was somewhere in Kissimmee. SAD.

Later gang.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave posted the other day: Kathi has decided that she wants to be a poll worker in November. Finished up the paperwork Friday to do it.

Make sure you buy your Sweetie a Bullet Proof Vest! Oh WAIT.... this isn't the BIG ELECTION YET! Whew. She'll be fine!

Good Night Love GIF by Chippy the Dog

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Remind me of this house when complain about too much to do around mine house. It's unbelievable how many more are like this in North Port and even worse. Totally gone.
Thank goodness our extended Bunny Family all made it
through his hurricane. :smiley24:

1664768002333.png

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Welcome to the first Monday of October, Bunnies!

SOOO BB, what was the
"important shopping" that you had to do on Saturday? Inquiring minds want to know.

Seeing lots of Blue Jays must have been cool, Lee. Heading south I imagine.

Good thinking Bill on heading out to a warmer climate in 2 weeks. Sure hope weather doesn't become a problem on this trip.

K2; We too have to pull out some summer flowers, and cut back the ones that will return in spring. It's really weird out there when people do target mostly elderly poll workers.

Today is the day that we mail back to AT&T the old 2 TV boxes.

To be honest, We don't think there was anything wrong with either of them. Two TV boxes going out at the same time? Homey don't think so.

That and the fact that both started working at the same time before the new boxes arrived. It was some AT&T system that had a glitch in it for a few days. (In my never humble opinion.)

Have a good day guys. And I'm hoping the each one of you gets at least some sunshine today.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
My gosh, don't even kid about the dangers poll workers face. There's way too many whacko's out there. I wonder if Post or Kelloggs have ever thought of marketing a cereal called Whack-O's.
Yes, it's time for the flowers and planters to transition from spring and summer to fall mums. Right now we have baskets of both in our front yard. The summer flowers will go into the yard waste collection a week from today. A shame because they still have lots of colour but the cool lights are taking their toll.
I best get going. Doug and Audrey from Ayr are popping down after they leave Doug's Mom's place. They were all there for her 90th birthday on the weekend. We'll give them a quick tour of town. We were going to do lunch but aud would like to eat at a local place. Well, the only local place that's open Monday and doesn't have golden arches is The Salty Dog. that's OK. They have good food.
Everyone have a wonderful day. I'll likely see you tomorrow.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, gang! Not too much time to chat this morning, as I have an appointment with the eye doctor to find out how they screwed up my glasses. Seeing double just doesn't make it! After that we have some more running around to do, so I'm not sure if I'll make it back here later.

In case I don't, have a wonderful day, everyone.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. Both of us are clear of Covid. Had a Dr appt this morning and don't have to go back for 6 months. Will have a quick appt early Nov to discuss the results of my MRI which is now scheduled for Oct 25.

Have to see what to do to put the arm rests back on the wheelchair before Saturday, when we go on a cruise for two weeks. This time to the Caribbean.

All have a great day.