Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Wednesday Morning GIF
I was up at 6:00'ish and it was drizzling rain. Well, it's 50F, cloudy and so far DRY outside. I wanted to trim the shrubs today, but if it doesn't get warmer by 2:00 pm it will have to wait for another day.

BB: Bummer on not getting back to sleep. You need to get a BELL and ring it when Bert is in the other room. Of course, since he's hard of hearing (like Art) good luck with that working.
Try and get a nap in sometime today. You really need your rest.

Dinner and then cake & ice cream at the house afterwards was good. He had a good B-Day!

I have nothing else for you good people right now. Enjoy your day. I need to do some house cleaning around here. Later gang.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good Wednesday morning everyone.
OK Nancy, after your trip to The Islands of Aloha I'll ask the question that nobody else will. "What did you bring us?"
My good gosh
Pat. Does your pharmacy do up those blister packs for you for your pills? You know, the ones that have the days of the week and all of the pills for each day? A lot of our pharmacies here offer that service "free". I'm sure that the cost is in there somewhere. At 14 pills per day I don't know if I could keep them straight! I grumble about 5! Funny how you once you wake up in the middle of the night have to go. And if you don't you can't get back to sleep. And. sometimes if you do get up, well, you can't get back to sleep either.
A belated Happy 22nd birthday to Eric Kathie. He doesn't share Art's love of Ford vehicles, does he? For some reason my mind thinks (ya, sure it does!) that he's a GM Pick-Em-Up truck guy.
Some days it does seem harder to know what is going on in the world and still smile Dave. I'm not opposed to folks from foreign and often troubled lands wanting to call Canada (or The United Stated of America) home. But leave your damned issues where you came from. We had protests in many cities yesterday. Palestinians on one side of the street and Isrealis on the other both firmly convinced that the other guy was the bad guy.
Did you get to enjoy that glass of wine while waiting for dinner Karen? I sure do hope so because with everything you do for so many folks you not only earned it but deserve it!
By the time our teams meet in the AFC east Bill, the way things are going, will we really care?
Not much else going on here today.
All of you have a wonderful Wednesday!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, running on empty here myself. I went & got my Covid booster yesterday & it really did a number on me last night, my arm was really hurting & I just felt achy & sick all over. When I had my 2nd shot I remember my arm hurting & feeling a little sick but this was worse this time. I don't think I'll be getting any more boosters.

Jane spent the night with me as she had an early morning Dr. appt that I was going to take her to, we were in & out of the Dr's office in less than half an hour so I talked her into going to church with me this morning. I don't think she quite knew what to think, but she seemed to do ok. I'm hoping she'll come back again & visit during a Sunday service.
Pretty sure an afternoon nap is on my schedule for today, if not it's going to be a very early night!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen: Bummer on not feeling well and having a sore arm after the Covid booster. Hope you feel better as the day goes on. Drink a lot of water.

We have to get our Flu and Covid booster shots.
I'm all for getting them ONE at a TIME. I don't need to be 'double sick' from 2 shots.

We're at 53F right now and still mostly cloudy with the sun just barely peaking through.

A’Burg Guy

The sun is out here and it's almost 60F!
Our shots are still not available. "They" keep telling us "soon". When the boosters are here we can get them sooner because of my heart thingy and I'm 70. Lu-Ann's PD is a "hall pass" to the front of the line. I
think, based on previous years, that we'll do both shots at once. Unless there are stickers and small candy bars for being a good patient. Then I'll go back for "seconds".
Hope that you're feeling a little less sore and achy Karen.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Karen - I heard that a reaction like you got from the Covid booster is a good thing. They said it shows that the shot is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.
We're still having trouble getting the shot here. As soon as Publix gets it in, it's all taken by appointments. Walgreens is having the same issues here. I don't know what gives with that?

Still feeling very tired, but hanging in there. I made Bert go and pick up some Breathe Right strips and hope they will help with the stuffiness in his nose and the snoring that kept me awake. Otherwise, I might have to smother him!!! JK, of course! ;)

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Just about time to shut this puppy down for the night.

Lee - My pills do not come in little packets for each day. Every Saturday morning I fill the pill tray with the pills I use daily for the week. Takes me about 5 minutes to do. Most are taken in the morning with only 1 just before I go to bed. I've got this down to a science. Right now I have a few extra pills from when I was last in the hospital. Those prescriptions will run out in the next couple of days and I will then be back to my normal (?) 7 or 8 pills a day, which are mostly for blood pressure meds.

Have a great rest of the night, fellow bunnies. Take care, Karen, with our weather moving in over the next 24 hours.

See you all tomorrow, God willing. :sleep002: :sleep2::sleepey smile:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Thursday morning!

Any big or small winners from last night's Powerball drawing? Not even a single matching number for this guy.

Hope you got your BEloved afternoon nap in KC. Sucks getting a sore arm and achy feeling from your booster, but it sure beats getting Covid.

I'm with you K2, one vaccination at a time. And if I do get a reaction, at least it's not in both arms. It's rare but once in a while I do get a negative reaction.

Well, aren't you and Lu-Ann "special". Bucking line when vaccinations become available. And justifiably so.

BB; With the dense population in the area you live, it seems that your area would be one of the 1st places that these vaccinations would be available. Not a more rural area like Massillon. Hope you slept better last night.

Early voting started in Ohio yesterday. Not much on the ballot this time around, but tons of money is being spent on Issues #1 & #2. For and against. #1 is to make abortion legal in Ohio. And #2 is for making recreational marijuana legal in the state. I'm for both of them, but Kathi isn't so sure about making marijuana legal.

Today, Kathi's vehicle gets worked on by our mechanic. WAY too many gadgets on her Chevy Equinox SUV. Just something else that can break down. This time it's a sensor for one of the wheels, so you can tell what the tire pressure is for that tire on the dash. We took it in last night.

This morning, we might go grocery shopping. Key word is "might". I wonder how many pumpkin-spice items will magically appear in our cart?

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Wow Dave 3:43 A.M. and you crawling around and posting readable stuff. Good going!
I wish Marijuana wasn't becoming such a "everyday drug". Lots of restrictions on how many places can open up and sell it here in Michigan and even WHO can buy the medicinal kind. I'm just glad I don't have to eat it or smoke it to feel better. And as far as your abortion being legal in Ohio....... I'd be voting YES. Leave the WOMANS body alone.

It's 47F and sunny here early this morning. That's just plain old COLD to me. I need to pull Hostas leaves out of the front area and I refuse to freeze while doing it. I have a few Halloween/Thanksgiving type things to put out in one of the flower pots and hope to get that done later today.

Dave: Art's car has that Low Tire Pressure alert on the dash. He got 4 new tires installed and it's still "ON". He just ignores it. Said if he took his Escape into the shop they'd find something else to repair and he doesn't want to chance it. I must say after he got his new brakes and rotors and new tires the car noises are gone. :smiley24::smile:

Karen: Hope you're feeling much better today.

Okay, I'm off to get dressed and then shortly I'll be on my way to the Eastside of town to get my HAIR COLORED and CUT. After the intense haircut I got from the gal when I had to go to Chicago for my brothers funeral all I really need is some of the sides to be TRIMMED. The GAL really cut it short. But at the time I was just grateful to get it done.

You all have a good day. :emoticon 0115 inlove:

Lee: If you and Ava went to Navy Park this morning I'm thinking it was more than CHILLY!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. I think I am starting to get over jet lag. Yesterday I had an appt with the Dr that that did nerve burning and he was pleased. Said I only need to see him again if/when I have problems again. I have a few things to get out of my suitcase and then unload the carry on and my backpack.

Jet lag hit Bruce yesterday so he is sleeping today. I did get a load of Bruce's laundry done yesterday and hope to get one of mine today.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Hot and humid here right now. Sun has been shining, but the rains are going to be returning soon and it will rain most of the afternoon. So much for getting to Sam's for what we need for family dinner tomorrow night. Bummer!!

Dave - What the heck were you doing up at that ungodly hour? Did get a bit better night's sleep. I had banged my big toe yesterday and it kept waking me up last night whenever it touched the sheet. What a pain! In more ways than one!!!

Kathie - Good for you getting your hair cut and colored. Kind of makes you feel like a new woman, right?
Using a bell wouldn't get Bert's attention, but I found another way to do it. Our house phone has an intercom programed into it. Just have to remember to take the phone to bed with me and then hope Bert realizes what the noise is while he reads in the computer room. I've used it before. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Karen - How's the arm doing today?

Lee -Did Ava agree to take a walk this morning or did she want to stay cozy and warm?

I'm finally going to make the dinner I had planned for last Thursday that got shelved when I went to the hospital - braised pork chops. They come out so tender and the gravy is to die for.

But for right now, it's time for a cup of coffee and to see what Publix has on sale this week that we can't possible live without!!

A’Burg Guy

“umop apisdn“ spells “upside down” using different letters. Yep, that’s this morning’s fun fact. Don’t believe me? Turn your screen, well, you know…
Back later on…
:)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Haircut done. Turned out good.
A rare photo of me! Ha ha. IMG_9183.jpeg
Sitting in line at Costco. Gas is always cheaper at the Eastside Costco station. Topping off a 1/2 tank.
Gas was $2.97 a gal! Wow. Finally under $3.00 bucks. :clap002:

Moving up in line.

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

Our fuel is $141.9 CDN per litre. And yes, we’re all doing happy dances about those prices.
Hair looks good Kathie.
Yes Pat, some days I do seem to have too much time on my hands. And some days not enough. So, what’s on sale at Publix this week?

We did get our 5:30 am and 9:00 am walks in this morning. Then we had to hurry back because Lisa, Shiraz and a friend from KW were popping in for mornin’ coffee.
And what pumpkin spice concoction made it into the grocery basket this trip Dave?
Better run. Vet appointment at 3:00 for Ava’s toe nail trim.
Behave Bunnies!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Kathie - Haircut and color look great! Gal did a great job.

Lee - Not that much on sale at Publix. They do have ham steaks on BOGO which we haven't had in quite a while. Love them baked with pineapple on top with scallop potatoes. I see that coming up real soon around here. The one thing I will not buy at Publix is their baked whole chicken. This week they want almost $9. for a scrawny hen. Much better to go to Sam's, BJ's or Costco for their roasted chicken for under $6.00. Publix is a loser on this one.

Took out trip to Sam's in between the raindrops this afternoon. Tomorrow night's menu is roasted salmon, whole wheat pasta with spinach in alfredo sauce with bacon wrapped asparagus on the side. All KETO stuff for M&J. Followed by an apple pie dump cake with a spice cake topping which can be heated up and served with vanilla ice cream on the side.

Man, it is pouring outside right now! Very windy too. Time to get off the computer for a while. Have a great rest of your day, gang!

A’Burg Guy

Momma Bunny, that reminded me of the old “Hey Grandpa, what’s for dinner?“ from Hee Haw.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Superstitious? It is Friday the 13th with Halloween coming up. Spooky. Grab your blankey and race back to bed.

Speaking of racing back to bed; You can be pretty sure that if you see me posting on here around 3 or 4 in the morning, it won't be long before I'm back in bed.

Nice picture, K2. You weren't texting and driving were you? Under $3 a gallon for gas for you. We're still around $3.05.

Interesting intercom you've got there, BB. Using the house phone to call your husband in the next room. I can almost see you using one of those compressed-air horns people use at sporting events.

I liked your "upside down" fun-fact, Lee. Took me a while to figure out how they did that. Where exactly is "KW", where your friend came from? You're showing your age for even knowing what Hee Haw was. I don't know about you, but every time BB mentions a "dump cake" the 12 year old in me giggles.

The other day one of the granddaughters was in the car with Kathi. They passed an old K-Mart that had closed up. Kathi must have mentioned shopping there at one time and the granddaughter asked her, "What was K-Mart like?

Come to think of it, I wonder if any K-Mart stores are still open for business.

Once again, this morning's plan is to go grocery shopping. Never made it yesterday.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning. Is today the day somebody in Ohio is blowing out birthday candles? Happy birthday Dave.
My only fear on Friday the 13th is being unable to spell triskadecaphobia , nope, um triskaidekaphobia. There, that’s it!
KW is Kitchener - Waterloo. Ayr was part of Waterloo Region. I don’t ever recall meeting anyone name Kay in K-Mart Dave.
The wind was danged cold on our early walk. But coffee is helping with that chill.
All of you fine folks have a great superstitious fun filled day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning! Just popping in to say Hi & wish Father Dave a VERRRRY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! Hope you have an awesome day!

Feeling a lot better, it just took longer than I thought it should, arm is still a bit sore but not.

Kathie, the hair cut & color looks fabulous! Haven't seen gas under $3 here in years.

Lee, glad you explained KW, I was thinking WOW those must be some really good friends to drive all the way to the 'burg from KEY WEST for coffee! But hey, you do make a fine cup of coffee & I have a feeling there will be some coffee cake or pastry of some sort to go with.

Pat, we had some wild weather Wed night/early Thurs. morning. I heard there were some tornado warnings but I never got any calls from Alert Marion so they must not have been in my area. Lot's of rain, thunder & lightning though. Your dinner sounds delish, but you sure aren't slowing down & taking things easy since you just got home from the hospital!!

Dave, as far as I know the only Kmart's left are online, I've ordered from them a couple times. One of the kmart's here in Ocala was turned into an indoor Flea Market/craft store, not sure how well it's doing.

This time next week I will be wrapping up my trip to Maryland, hard to believe Alyse will be 11 years old.
Have to meet up with the treasure & maintenance officer for the Hoa at noon to go over some paper work. 8 weeks from today I will be off the board, Hallelujah!