Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good afternoon Bunnies!
Well, brave soul I am I rolled up my sleeves and got an injection in each arm. The young lady giving the shots was so good I didn't feel a thing. After wandering aimlessly in the drug store for 10 minutes we headed home. Of course my story is that I'm so sore I can't possible cut the grass today. ;) I'll be lucky if I can lift a glass of wine later on.
I do hope that your trip to the vet puts your mind at ease and you can head to Maryland Karen. A return phone call is such a simple thing for any business. Especially a vet or doctor where people's health and piece of mind is concerned.
Hey there Bill. I see you just popped in. 8 1/2 it is then. I too was a little surprised but frankly The Bills aren't playing up to their potential. Perhaps they're trying too hard? We have overcast skies here as well. Quite brisk at The Navy Yard after our shots.
Yes Pat, I do cut a dashing figure with my fresh haircut. Oh wait, I was looking at my reflection in one of those circus fun house mirrors. It sounds like you're gonna need an extra bag on the cruise just for all of the Hallowe'en stuff. Is it too early to start the countdown to our meeting at True Blue?
It was coolish this morning at 5:45 Kathie. I had my hoodie and a light jacket. The temp was just above the point where I put a coat on Ava. I like the peace and quiet of the early morning walk. No other people out with dogs, just a couple of regular joggers and walkers. Not a lot of worker bee traffic. Our friends, Jim and Gail, are originally from south of the border. Funny that. If you're in Canada it's The USA. If you're in The USA it's Mexico. My mind does wander. At any rate, Gail was saying that she understands that COVID shots are, because the pandemic is over, no longer free for everyone in The US. I find that hard to believe. /Jim was planning on getting theirs when they go visit their daughter and grandkids next weekend. I suppose the same thing about being quiet could be said for libraries.
Rhapsody of The Seas actually makes a great choice to get Americans out of the conflicted area of the Middle East Dave. Rooms, food, medical care as required. I was trying to decide if Rhapsody in The Rain by Lou Christie or Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin would make a good "song of the day".
Here's my choice...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAuTouBhN5k

Have a fantastic ache free day Bunnies!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, Scooter's visit to the vet went reasonably well, I was expecting a super long wait since I was a work in, but was in a room by 9:30 & done & leaving the office before 11. Things moved a little slow because they were waiting on a couple test results. Scooter has a mild ear infection, mild upper respiratory infection, but her stool sample was good, no parasites. They cleaned her ears & I have drops to put in and she is on 2 different probiotics, so hopefully everything will kick in soon & she'll feel better. I did ask if my sister could bring her back if she didn't get better or got worse & they said Yes, so that makes me feel much better knowing I have back up if needed. So I need to get busy & finishing packing, there is a little girl in Maryland who is eager to see her Auntie Karen!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Karen - So glad you're going to be able to go on your trip. I'm sure your sister is capable of handling any problems that might come up with Scooter. Sounds like most of it is all minor, probably age related problems. Cappi totally amazes me. He has got to be one of the healthiest cats I've ever seen. He never shows any signs of not feeling well. His appetite is always spot on, especially if people food is included and he still has to have his nightly shot of whip cream around 10 PM!

Lee - Covid shots are still free for anyone on Medicare or anyone who has insurance. Missy & company just got their shots and they didn't have any out of pocket expenses. Funny when we got our shots this morning. They aren't even printing out the little slip to attach to your covid card any longer. Tech told us that if we want, we just need to bring the card into the pharmacy and she will print the info on the card by hand. Now that they are no longer printing free cards, records are not as important as they used to be.
Nice choice for a song too. I love that they are using the Rhapsody to get people out of the area. Did you see where our wanna-be presidential candidate is using Florida taxpayer money to run flights from the middle east to Florida, but only Jewish refugees. He wants no Hamas refugees to come to Florida or the US. And so he dictates ...
Gal who gave us pur shots did great too. Couldn't even feel the shot going in. She was the one who also had given us our flu shots and then also, she did a pain free shot. Can't even feel where the shot went in.

Bill - What med did the doctor put you on for your diabetes and heart health? Even though I do not have diabetes, I am on Jardiance daily for the heart benefit. Seems to work well for me. Only problem is that every time the commercial comes on TV for it, I want to sing along with it and would dance too, if I could!! LOL

I think we have just about hit the high temp for the day - 69. Tonight will once again be cold, but things will start to return to our normal low to mid 80s tomorrow, hopefully.

Time now to see if that a$$ Jordon got the speaker's seat. I sure hope not as things are sure to turn into chaos with him leading the rest of that circus!!.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Sesame Street GIF by Sésamo
Okay gang... NO COOKIE'S in Karens bunk!

Have a safe trip Karen.

I feel better tonight. Arms are back to normal. Didn't do anything today.
SHOTS are still FREE in USA! (thank goodness)

BB: JIM Jordan gets to try again tomorrow to see if he can get the Speakers job. Let's hope NOBODY CHANGES their vote.

You all have a good sleep!
Cat Sleep GIF by Pusheen
Ha Ha.

A’Burg Guy

Safe travels and fun times ahead Karen.
Thanks for the info about the vaccines folks. I reckon Jim and Gail would have to pay because they don’t have US health care coverage being as how they’ve been in Canada for about a hundred years. That’s thirty years Canadian.
Lu-Ann’s arms were a little stiff. Mine were just, so far, fine.
Sleep tight Bunnies. I’m off to get a cookie…
taraji p henson cookie GIF

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It CAN'T be Hump-Day already.......But it is.

Hopefully the Vet found a way to get Scooter better, KC. And right now you are holding your packed luggage for your trip, and not unpacking them. (That additional charge for fitting Scooter in is just greed.)

Whoever talked you into getting both shots at the same time should be given a dope-slap, K2. Hoping the hurts are diminishing. So far, no ouchys from our RSV shots yesterday. I'm with you on thinking it's a bad idea for Biden to go to Israel right now. Just asking for trouble.

BB; When I saw Stephen Colbert broadcasting from home, I too guessed that he got Covid. The curse of being in front of crowds every day. That Jardiance commercial DRIVES ME NUTS, since it's on every 20 minutes.

The 8 1/2 point spread for the Bills is way too low in my book too.

I thought of you right away Lee when Colbert related a story that occurred in Canada. Video of a bear walking into a store and gabbing some Gummy-Bears. He said that for a bear it was cannibalism. GOT THAT GRASS MOWED YET???

Time now to short-sheet KC's bed? :)

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
So far I still seem to have both arms in working order after the double jab yesterday. Darned good thing when we have a dog to walk.
“So a bear walks in to a convenience store…” That clip hit most of our news programs last week Dave. Just a hoot that he only took gummie bears. 8 1/2 points is not enough in your book either? I guess I’m glad you and Bill didn’t set the spread. I still think, the way The Bills are so inconsistent, that The Pats have a good chance vs the spread.
I admire Mr. Biden for hoping his diplomacy yields some positive results.
If any time is coffee time according to my watch it’s any time.
Have a good, safe day everyone. Back later. After I cut the back grass.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits. All is good with my ARMS and feel back to my old self. Enfaces on “Old!” Ha ha. Tony would have jumped on that sentence for sure.

Lee/Lu-Ann glad you two are doing okay after the JABS!

I’m going to try and get outside today and cut down the Hostas plants and deck boxes of plants. Gotta get a few outside projects done since it’s going to RAIN the next few days.

Having felt a tad under the weather from the vaccine shots just reminds me to WEAR MY MASK MORE WHEN OUR AND ABOUT. I don’t want to have that sore/dragging feeling.

You all have a good day.
Let’s all pray for the Children caught up in this senseless latest bombing.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Manny is having a exciting morning!
He went on a car ride to the local Coffee Cafe. Can’t go inside, but loves the smell while waiting outside.
D40F26E1-0369-4DBB-B566-DC9E412670AA.jpeg
231A236C-5A72-47B6-97AF-3D7872E8088C.jpeg

Then, the house across the street from his are MOVING OUT today. Manny gets to sit in the front window and and upper hallway and watch the action. One busy day for him. Ha ha.

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Okay, one more picture of Manny and I’ll stop boring you folks!
He likes to have a stuffed animal with him to share his day! What a life our pets have!

84E8D29A-4C33-4429-86A8-23963F4B44CE.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR DAY!

Last edited:

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning and yes, Dave, it once again is hump day!! Got up this morning and ithe temp was 57! That's mighty cold for central Florida even if it is October. Lucky us, now it's 65 and should get up to the high 70s, if we're lucky.

Missed wishing Karen a good trip, so I'll just say WELCOME HOME, KAREN a few days early!

Glad no one is having any side effects from all the jabbing that went on around here in the past 2 days. I know Bert & I had no reaction. Tech told us that the worst thing you can do is tense up your arm. That's when you tend to have problems with pain in the arm and moving it around.

Kathie - Have fun cleaning up those plants and planters. For sure winter is on it's way, if it's time to get rid of plants. Sad time of the year. Cute picture of Manny you just posted.

Dave - Sorry the Jardiance commercial drives you crazy. Every time I see it I comment to Bert that that dress she puts on is sooo ugly. They could have done much better with her wardrobe, in my humble opinion.

Lee - That bear in the convenience store stealing gummy bears was too funny. He definitely knew what he wanted! Thanks for explaining why your friends will have to pay for their covid booster shots. Makes sense now.

Had some more of our beef stew for dinner last night and then sent the rest of the pot to M&J for their gang, but I'm sure that means Wesley. That young man has hallow legs when it comes to food. He'll eat everything in sight, if given a chance.
With it being chilly once again, I'm just not in the mood to go out for dinner, so I think a chicken pot pie is in order for today. I'll make 2 small pans and freeze the one for suture use while we enjoy the other one tonight & tomorrow for dinner.

Just ordered a few things to take on our cruise. One was a Halloween cabin door decoration and the other was an electric bar to plug 3 things into. I need that for all the crap we have to bring with us that needs to be plugged in or charged each day. That's a bit hard when you have like 2 plugs by the desk. This should work perfectly for what we need.

I hear Bert just about ready to come out to the kitchen. I promised him a pork roll, egg and cheese sandwich on a kaiser roll once again today. It was so good yesterday. That plus a nice hot cup of coffee and I will be in business for the day!!

Enjoy your day today, no matter what you're up to.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
BB, my doctor mentioned that both Jardiance and Farxiga are reported to have good effects on the heart and the kidneys and before I left the office they gave me samples of Farxiga. Will see when I pick up my prescription which med they give me. I have been taking Januvia and it has done a very good job of controlling my glucose levels. If this new med does as good a job on that and also is good for my kidneys and liver, it will be a win-win,
I tend to agree with both Dave and Lee that an 8 1/2 point spread actually favors my Patriots, but who am I to argue with the professional spread makers?
Just finished the fourth book in Richard Osman's Thursday Murder Club series. If anyone is looking for some enjoyable, relatively light, reading material, I strongly recommend these books with a lovable cast of elderly characters.
Now I am reading Steven King's newest book Holly, which brings back a character from his earlier books. Another good read.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bill…Thanks for the book reference. Is it a good idea to read them in order? With most of those series books it is a good idea!

Does anybody have any Movie suggestions to watch on PEACOCK. We get it free right now and would love any hints. TV really sucks lately.
It’s been a FANTASTIC DAY to get thinks cleaned up outside. I started out with a jacket on and got ride of that really quick. We’re at 65F SUNNY beautiful degees here.
Lee: If you had to cut the lawn TODAY would have been a perfect day for it!

I see that Jim Jordan didn’t make the CUT again! Why doesn’t he just quit anf let the government get back to work. Third graders could have figured out that a lot faster than these MORONS.
Going back outside again.

A’Burg Guy

My gosh Kathie, Mr. Manny is one cute Grand Dog. Part of me is proud, if that’s the right word, that people have the right or freedom to protest. Where it all goes south is when they bring their problems to our homes and involve all of us.
It was a perfect grass day and I did get it cut.
I don’t know about movies but we did record and watch the Frasier reboot. Unlike some recent reboots we found this pretty good.
As I found Bill, a pill’s primary function often has beneficial effects to help control other things that are going on.
Everything now seems to need to be recharged these days Pat. I was looking at reflective vests for our early morning walks and, yep, you guessed it, a couple have led lighting and need to be plugged in to recharge.
Our dinner? Chicken Parm. Not nearly as impressive as DiCarlo’s but pretty darned good just the same.
Have a wonderful Wednesday evening everyone. Looks like we have a few wet days ahead.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
An oven out west and cool soggy days here in the east. A few hours in a plane and you can make your pick.

Poor Manny, he just doesn't get any attention.

I give Biden credit for at least trying to get people to behave more civilly toward others that are different from ourselves. He again showed that he's a peacemaker, or tries to be, and can empathize.

I'm happy that he got in and out of Israel without any trouble. Air Force One has lots of countermeasures when it's in the air. But sitting on the ground it could have been a sponge for bullets and rockets.

Not much else on my mind this morning.

This morning it's Kathi's turn to go to the groomers. I mean beauty parlor. A perm this round.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, gang! No time for a long post this morning. Missy is already here. She baked something and all she told me was that I will love it because it's full of carbs. Still don't know what it is, but it sure smells good while it's resting. She also made me a fancy shmancy iced coffee drink. All this before she gives us a hand doing some cleaning around here. Not sure what she's bucking for with all this attention, but I'll take it!!

I'll be back later after she goes home. In the meantime, have a great day, everyone!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. If I am lucky today the sofa will be gone. I have ordered the sleeper chair and am waiting on ordering the recliner until the sofa is gone. I only ordered the sleeper the other day because I had a coupon for $100 off and only had a very short time to use it.

This morning I found a big part of me getting spasms in my back and it is because Bruce's chair is too soft and too fluffy, yet it is the only chair/whatever that is easy for me to get out of. I have been getting spasms since Sunday. And it makes it hard to sit or stand.

All have a great day.