Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL! Here‘s to many, many more my friend.
Front and center of the choir as you should be Karen. Good looking group.
Do you think if you could play that sad country song backwards Dave, thing would get better?
Good game from and for your Detroit Lions Kathie. Being I’m here now I may have to start cheering for the closest NFL team which is now The Lions. Don't worry though Bill, tradition dictates that our Pats / Bills wager would continue.
Momma Bunny, for those of us heathens that don’t follow farcebook, what up with your AC?
I have brined a turkey, oven roasted a turkey, BBQ‘d a turkey and heard of deep fried turkey Nancy. But never a sous vide turkey.
Ah, Monday games day rolls around again. Everyone have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Birthday GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown
Have a FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY
BILL. Hope it's filled with joy!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good BRRRRR 32degree morning from PURELY COLD MICHIGAN! :eek:

Lee: Can't start betting on the Detroit Lions just yet. You know this isn't their normal playing scores! Ha Ha.... me of little faith. They've been LAST for so many years that it's hard to accept they're actually winning games lately. I'll have to see just how the year ends before I dedicate myself to my home team. ;)

BB: Sure hope you made it through the night without the air conditioning. Not sure if you have it on all the time or not, but I know once you get use to the A/C being on it's a tough call to get along without it. Take care kiddo. I know it can't help your breathing level much without it. :oops:

KAREN.
... our little cute Choir Angel. That's one fantastic picture of your group. Thanks for sharing. And I LOVE the robes. Since our choir is in a choir loft in back of the church we don't wear robes. In fact it's just not done in the Eastern Orthodox Churches. WONDER WHY?? I'll have to look into that.
Again, YOU look fantastic! Keep up the good work girl.

I'm off to get a Toasted English Muffin and coffee and get buy putting on the little ornaments I managed to find in a box last night. Yup, I'm pushing the season this year, but I want to get all this off my mind so I can REST UP for a few days before the procedure! :emoticon 0136 giggle:

Be good little Wrabbits and enjoy your day.

DAVE: I'm thinking about making POPCORN for Monday Night Football thanks to all your comparisons about it lately. Orrville's of course.

Last but not least..........BILL have a fun filled Birthday. Stay warm.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. I have just put the leftover ham in a pot to boil off the meat still on the bone. Dinner will be ham and beans, easy and good.

With the shopping we did yesterday I don't have to go anyplace this week, which is good. Wednesday I will move all the Christmas gifts to the living room so it will be easier to put them in the SUV Thursday morning.

Yes, Pat what happened to your AC. Hopefully it is an easy fix, as I know that it can and usually is a full day when they have to replace it.

The other day I started putting heat on my knee twice a day and it is slowly helping to get the swelling down. Of course I am putting the creams etc. on at least twice a day too. Which the cream for the leg cramps is working but the calf is still at least partially cramped.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILL! MAY YOU HAVE MANY, MANY MORE!!

Good morning, everyone! Another beautiful day ahead here in the Sunshine State.

Managed to make it through last night without any AC. Good thing it was cook outside and with the paddle fan running on high, it really was quite comfortable sleeping. Bert talked to our AC repairman this morning and the guy knew right away what the problem was - The system had water collected in a certain area. Once Bert drained the water, the system reset itself and all was good again.

Karen - Great picture of your choir. You all look great and very professional. Too bad you don't have a recording of that song you did that everyone loved. I'm sure us bunnies would have loved to hear it too.

Kathie - Love that look on your kitchen cabinets. Might have to steal that idea one of these days. Not sure though how it would look on dark wood cabinets though.

Uh oh! Bert said AC shut off again! Bert's got to go outside to check if there's anything blocking the drain line causing the unit to fill with water. It's always something, as Kathie would say.

Dave - My very favorite popcorn is the caramel cork that the scouts sell outside Sam's a few times a year. We always buy at least 1 big bag and consume most of it before we get home. Once home it disappears into Bert's computer room never to be seen again!!

Lee - Bert's surgery might not take place as scheduled. Seems like he's supposed to be seen by his primary physician for an EKG and physical before the surgery. He's been trying since last week to get an appointment, but with no luck. This morning he got told that the doctor, nor anyone else in that office has any appointments open until after the first of the year!! And you think you have to wait for some appointments in Canada! To me this is ridiculous. I was supposed to be seen by the same doctor after I got out of the hospital and ran into the same excuse of lack of time to see any more patients. Doctors here are so over booked due to a shortage of offices and doctors.

On a good note, we finally had the chicken parm last night. I had to laugh. Bert couldn't stop commenting on the sauce I made. He loved it. I told him it was the same stuff I always make and I thought he must have been very hungry. LOL The good nes is that there's enough left for at least 2 more meals.

Got a home health nurse coming shortly to take my vitals. What a waste, huh? Even as I wrote that line, the nurse was pulling in the driveway. Their computers are down, so this was an old fashioned visit with stats taken by hand. She was in and out of here in 15 minutes. I told her that I don't want anymore visits from anyone this week and she 's making note of that.

After lunch we are off to Sam's for fresh veggies for Thanksgiving dinner and then a quick stop at Aldi's for cheese for a charcuterie board before dinner. Hopefully, that will be the last of going to any stores before turkey day.

Time to eat some of that leftover pizza from the other night before we head out of here. Have a super day, gang. Stay safe whatever you're doing and be good!!!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Time to pat myself on the back!
A few weeks ago I asked for Men’s slightly used shoes to donate to a Detroit organization that helps the homeless/needy folks.
Through my township FB site I got 6 pairs of nice shoes.
The gal that was taking the donations took ill and wasn’t collecting shoes for now.
So yesterday I took a drive towards our church area which is unfortunately located in a poor section of Detroit and found a Bus Stop shelter with about 5 guys sitting in it. I made a U-Turn and parked and walked over to the bus stop. They were definitely needy. All smoking like no tomorrow. I said “HI GUYS….I have a bag of shoes and if you can use them they are yours and if not line them up on the bench when you leave so someone else might get them”! I got Thank You’s and even a few Hi-Fives! Sure felt good to give it forward.

End of today’s story hour!
Go out and do something for someone that needs help! :clap002:

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. The kids came over last night for cake and ice cream. Rita and I went out for breakfast this morning and will likely go somewhere for dinner later. Finding a restaurant that is open for business on a Monday or a Tuesday has become a challenge.
Nice story about delivering the shoes to folks in need, K2. I am sure that the recipients will be extremely grateful, especially as the weather turns colder and colder.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Awesome Great Job GIF by Offline Granny!
KAREN, from a fellow choir singer that was beautiful. Good job!
Thanks for sharing.
Art wants to know what denomination is the church?

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Kathy, tell Art it's Episcopal. And thanks for the complement, for a small choir I think they do a pretty good job. Especially the men, there are only 5 of them

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
WOW! That was fantastic, Karen! You all did a great job in that song. No wonder you got a standing ovation!! Way to go!!!

Kathie - Good for you getting and dropping off those shoes to the homeless. They definitely are everywhere and it hurts that so many of them are veterans with mental conditions. Saw one the other day in the rain that was living under a tent with all their worldly goods getting soaked. So sad.

Did our running around earlier. I waited in the car while Bert got what we needed at Sam's. Then we went to Aldi's. Getting into the wheelchair and getting into the store, I got a bit lightheaded and had to park in the store for a few minutes to get my O2 back up. Happened on the way back to the car too. Only thing I can think of that may have caused it was that we didn't take the time to eat the pizza before going out, so I went out with an empty stomach. I also wonder if the Imogen isn't as strong as it used to be. Might need to carry an actual O2 tank with us just in case. All I can say is that it sucks to get old!!

I need Bert to stop off at the Amenity Center. They have an Angel Tree set up for kids from abusive homes. I want him to pick up a couple of cards for us to get some gifts.

Kathie - Not sure if you saw Missy's post about Justin's friend's baby. So heartbreaking. They were so excited to be having their first baby and then to find out that the baby can't survive. I need to send a donation to their Go Fund Me to help with expenses.

A’Burg Guy

NOTHING! is better and more joyful than the pure sound of voices with minimal music Karen. Both Lu-Ann and I enjoyed the song. Thank you. :hug:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
First up....Happy belated birthday wishes Bill. Happy for you that it was a good one. What's it feel like to be older than the State of Israel? :)

Mighty fine picture of your choir, KC. I swear if you turned around we could see your angel wings coming from the back of your new choir robes. (Hope you printed out that picture.) And thanks for sharing your happy song during church. Excellent. (Most music in white churches drone on and are boring.) Hope your choir director has more cheerful songs lined up for the future.

You changing teams from the Bills to the Lions, Lee??? The world is off its' axis.

Did you make that popcorn for Monday Night Football, K2? And yes, you deserve a pat on the back not only for collecting those 6 pairs of shoes but also physically handing them out. A brave act in a not so safe neighborhood.

Florida. Not a great place to be with an unreliable air conditioner, BB. Did Bert ever get it working right or did you have to have a service call? That sucks that Bert's surgery is getting backed up.

Remember folks, every day before Thanksgiving the grocery stores will be busier than it was the day before.

A’Burg Guy

Rain. All day. On the bright side, it’s not snow.
Well done Kathie. Collecting the shoes and then stopping at a bus shelter in the bad side of town to put smiles on the faces of those guys.
Pat, rest assured that I’m not gonna whoop on ya for overdoing things just a tad. You’re right about aging. Sometimes we have to slow down a little, take a little time to be sure we’re not skipping or delaying a “nutrition break” and take care of ourselves.
“Nutrition breaks“. School kids here don’t get lunch anymore. They get multiple nutrition breaks throughout the day. Studies have apparently shown that is better for kids, their concentration and ability to learn. I got lunch in school. Hmmm. That could explain a lot.
I like being able to route (or is it root?) for the home team Dave. Buffalo used to be as close as The NFL got. Now The Lions are just a spit across The River. I guess I can have an AFC and an NFC team.
Speaking of football, The Canadian Football League held their championship on Sunday. It wasn’t even on network TV. Unless you count The Sports Network which requires an upgraded tv package as network tv. Yep, held in Hamilton’s Tim Hortons Field in front of 23,000 fans - good Lord, US high schools have larger stadiums! - one team beat the other for The Grey Cup. Insert “yawn“ here.
Hoping for a break in the showers to get our walk in.
Have a fantastic day folks.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Today is a relax day. Don't need to go and buy anything, don't need to wrap anything. Just need to check the weather in both Apopka and Tampa a few times so tomorrow I can check one more time and then pack the suitcase. So I will put heat on my knee 3 times if possible.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Time for a quick post right now. We're getting ready to go to Sea World, but NOT to go to Sea World. Confused yet? Last year we bought season passes for SW for M&J's whole gang as their Christmas present. We thought we were doing a good thing. Unfortunately, unless you like roller coasters and Sesame Street, there's nothing else to do there any longer. They eliminated all the fun shows and only do boring shows about orcas and dolphins now thanks to Blackfin or Blackfish, whatever they were called. They destroyed SW. Bert has to go there and cancel the passes or they will automatically renew them this week. No thank you!!!

I'll be back later.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon! Thanks for all the kind words on the choir pic &
song.

Pat, sure hope they can figure out the problem with your A/C. Even with it being the end of Nov. we've had some pretty warm days lately & add in cooking for Thanksgiving on Thurs. AC is going to be a must have!

Dave, glad you could hear the choir song, wasn't sure if you'd be able to since the link was from Facebook. I was one of those brave fools who ventured out this morning to go to Walmart & Aldi. I was at Walmart shortly after 8 am & Aldi just after 9 when they opened. Luckily both stores were relatively uncrowded that early in the morning. That will not be the case later today & tomorrow for sure!

Kathie, that was super kind and brave of you to venture out & find people in need of the shoes! I'm sure there are a few guys walking around your area now with some nice warm & comfy shoes thanks to you!

Lee, hopefully the rains will slack off enough for you & Ava to get a nice walk in today. What were the games for yesterdays game day?
I have heard that before that it is better to eat smaller meals/snacks through out the day rather than 3 large meals.

Bill, hope yesterdays birthday dinner was a good one!

Not much going on around here today, after going to the store this morning I'm ready for a nap! I did run into Jane at Aldi's so I stopped by her house on my way home to help her unload her groceries & visit with Hansel for a little bit. She had me pick up a bag of his dog food from Walmart so I needed to drop that off too. Little stink knew exactly what was in the bag I carried in & was dancing around my feet until I opened it up & put some in his bowl.

Starting to get a bit overcast here now, so I think I will go relax on the porch while it's not so hot. Have a great day all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
DAVE: NOPE.... didn't make the popcorn yesterday. Maybe tonight.

RAIN, RAIN go AWAY! Gloomy is worst than the RAIN. ALL DAY.... just not going to get any better.

Art's Pre-THanksgiving Day lunch at the Big PARK with his Biker Gang (club) turned out good. He said there was plenty of food and he brought home 1 WHOLE Costco Pumpkin pie and 3 slices. Guess there wasn't a big call for pie today. He said there were lots of cookies, etc. Because of the rain the group didn't bike today.... they just PIGGED OUT on food. Ha ha.

I made a batch of Pizzellas to have handy to eat with coffee or tea. They keep really well in tins.

BB: Smart move on Bert's part to CANCEL the Sea World passes.

I made a appointment for Art to see the Orthopedic doctor that I first went to for my knee that then referred me to the
surgeon. Got a appt for Next Tuesday at the office about 3 miles from our house. Art wasn't too happy about it being on a BIKE DAY at 10:30 am, but that's the way it goes. This doctor was so nice when he saw me for my knee. He'll most likely send Art for therapy. Gotta see what the X-Rays show first! Art should have had this looked at YEARS AGO....but biking always got in the way. Now I can see it hurts him when he tries to put on a sweatshirt or jacket. Time to get it looked at.

It's DAMP in this house even with the heat on. HATE it. Going to have to jack it up a tad.

You all have a good rest of the day.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Gloomy was the order of the day here yesterday too. But Turkey-Day is promised to be Sunny. Today. cloudy but dry.

Not much of anything to gab about, so I'm going to ramble on about candles. Something I've learned in the past few days.

The other evening we lost power. (It seems that a car took out a power pole.) We've got lots of flashlight and batteries, but not knowing how long the outage would be I shift over to candles for light I keep in a hallway closet. The kind of candles that are scented and in those glass jars. Other than for power outages, we never burn candles.

I had 5 of them, which had been used before. Turns out that only 3 of them were usable. And all 3 were "Yankee Candles". It seems that they use long burning wicks. The 2 candles that didn't work was because they had fast burning wicks, causing them to burn down faster than the wax around them. So when you blew them out, the melted wax covered up the wicks, giving you nothing to light the next time you needed them.

Needless to say, the only candles I'll buy from now on will be "Yankee Candles".

End report from Bunny Labs. :)

A’Burg Guy

Ya, not much from north of the border today.
No candles Dave but a big honkin’ battery powered lantern. Yes, I do have fresh batteries for it if we need it.
Karen, you had asked about the “game du jour”. The hosts pick and Jim likes the card game Wizard.
Did you get your AC sorted Pat?
The rain turned to a light mist yesterday so we headed to The Navy Yard. On the way the showers picked up a bit. We got to the park and a certain little dog wouldn’t even get out of the car.
So we drove to Starbucks to console ourselves with a warm beverage and a slice of Gingerbread Loaf.
Have a good day everyone.