Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Attention Alarm GIF by Foreigners.cz

At 6:59 pm, Tues.
Missy’s latest update.

“Mom is no longer on the vent and is breathing on her own. She is still heavily sedated but can hear my father and brother talking to her.”

Karen thank you for lighting a candle in church and for EVERYONES prayers. Tears as I post. Serbs are big criers.

Lee: Glad you got the test kits.

Later. Hug your family and loved ones and be grateful what good health we have right now.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well today I made 2 one gallon Zip Lock bags of ice cubes. We have had problems with the fridge ice makes so we got a counter top ice maker. And since we will be gone almost a week I wanted to have some ice incase we need when we get home.

Glad to hear that Pat is on the up swing. Good news.

Bruce was home at a decent time today and will be home tomorrow so he will mow the yard. And I will pack our clothes. He said he has a few more things to wrap so tomorrow I will ask him if he will be wrapping them tomorrow or taking to Tampa and having Jennifer wrap them.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good news. I like good news. Thanks K2 for passing along the good news about BB. I was getting spooked earlier when it was reported that she was responding to light. That's not good. But, although drugged up, she is now reacting to people. Excellent upgrade. I can smile a bit now.

So I'm going to stay on the upbeat side of things this morning.

Good to hear you all safe and sound in Florida Bill & Rita. Hope you got a good night's sleep. I too didn't remember your visit there starts off with a cruise. That's a nice start.

It's also good news to see all you Bunnies coming together when one of us is in trouble.

So I'm going to post this happy NEW Christmas song I first heard yesterday.

Every once in a while some singer or group will come out with a new Christmas song. But in most cases it's not accepted by the public enough to be heard the following year. This one has potential. And it's catchy. It's called "Cowgirl For Christmas".

I like it, what do you think?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_qkbwv_IQ

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
It’ll be a bit before I get my coffee this morning. My toe is too busy tappin’ along with your morning tune Dave. Not only had I not heard the song I’d never heard of Drake Milligan. I really enjoyed that. Now I have to go look him up.
Sadly Nancy, the smell of fresh cut grass will have to wait until spring around here.
The sun poked its head out yesterday which disguised the cool breeze and cold temps along the water. But Lu-Ann and I did manage to have a little lunch at Caffeine and Co. A fun little cafe / bakery downtown.
So, for now, I wish you all a great Wednesday.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning!

Dave, great song, I too had never heard of the singer but he sure did remind me of the old country singers I grew up listening too.

Kathie, so happy to read the update on Pat, will continue to pray that she improves & the Dr's can finally get to the bottom of her health issues.

Lee, your weather yesterday sounded a lot like our weather, it was a few degrees warmer for us but the wind made it really feel cold.

We got to visit & sing to 3 shut in's yesterday, there were 3 of us who went with Rev. Lisa so they got quite a concert. One of the people we visited was in assisted living facility so we visited in the common area and other resident's were able to enjoy the music as well. I'm really glad I was able to do the visits this year, it reminded me a lot of when my Dad was in the nursing home.

Been awake since before 5 so I guess it's time to get dressed & get the day started, make it a great one everybody!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Am doing a load of laundry now so when we get back it won't be so bad. Just put all my pills in daily container so they are ready to go in the suitcase.

Bruce is mowing the yard and bringing out gifts to go in the SUV.

Right now it is overcast and 67 and the temp is not supposed to get much higher.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

It sounds like a number of folks benefited from your time with the church “mini choir” Karen. It seems lately we’re all awake bright and early. We’re bright. Before about 7:30 it’s not nearly bright.
And ya, I’m looking for updates on our Pat.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Afternoon Wrabbits!

Sorry I didn’t see anything on Missy’s FBook about Mama Bear.

I DON’t want to send her a “message” and bug her. She is on a cruise and has 2 kids that need her attention. I’m sure she is worried sick not being w/her Mom. Hopefully, BB’s son Gary is still there with Bert and keeping an eye on his Mom.
I’ll go with NO NEWS -IS GOOD NEWS!

Karen: Sounds like you not only GAVE, but also received the joy of the holidays by singing at the Assisted Living home. It’s a feeling you just can’t explain. :clap002: :emoticon 0152 heart: Kudo’s.

Our church choir did that for decades and it never gets old.
Karen the second I read what you said about going to the Assisted Living home reminded you of visiting your dear Dad, it brought all the stories you shared with us back. You were such a dedicated daughter to him. :emoticon 0152 heart:

LEE: Your stop at the Caffeine & Bakery makes me envious. What creative name! Nice the cold didn’t stop you two from venturing out. It has to be a tad colder being so close to the. “ DETROIT RIVER”! Brrr.

Okay Fr Dave….your new Christmas tune was a good one. Where do you find these new singers? I never heard of Drake Miiligan.
How’s that New Washer doing?

PT was good again today. Icing knee right now. Because of the holiday and the place closing for a couple of days, I don’t go back until Tues, 12/26! I’ve got my work cut out for me the next few days. :eek:

You all be safe the rest of this week. Go and be happy!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
News Date GIF by Foreigners.cz

4:45 pm, QUOTE from Missy:

Yes, it is Gary there. We are in Belize today and I had to turn on cellular data roaming to get updates. Mom is awake and talking but very weak. She asked for wine.

Just like our gal to want WINE!
We can all exhale a tad! :clap002:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Asking for Wine is a very good sign! I lit a candle from all of us at church today & said a prayer for Pat, I'm glad the good Lord heard me.

Went to Barb's & helped her with a few cleaning chores, then we went to deliver the gifts to the families we had adopted. Barb had the same family she had last year & I had a Mom & 6 yr old boy. Barb's Mom didn't seem all the impressed with the stack of gifts she received for her & her son, one which Barb had her open early was $60 worth of a grocery gift card, gas card & a Burger King gift card. She asked Barb if she thought she could trade the gas card for an Uber card, apparently she doesn't have a car, which we didn't know. Barb said she didn't think she could, then the lady commented asking, are there more gifts? Barb didn't hear that, but the lady who organizes the adoptions told her we had adopted another family & had gifts for them. I'm glad Barb didn't hear her cause I know what some of the gifts she bought were & she didn't buy cheap dollar store stuff. We had to wait a little while because my lady wasn't home, but when she got there we found out she had been working. She was the total opposite of the other lady, I emptied out the first tote of gifts & told her those were her gifts & went to get her son's, she was shocked, she thought those were for both of them. When I brought her son's in & told her one of the gifts was an art easel that was on his list, she was almost crying, she said he's going to be over the moon. It really made me feel good to help her.

A’Burg Guy

Just like our gal to want WINE!
I’ll drink to that!
Red Wine Drink GIF by Zieher

Thank you again for the update Kathie. Keep up the good great work with your physio.
And some people wonder why their lack of gratitude finds them with nothing next Christmas Karen. I can’t imagine how hurt Barb’s feelings would have been had she heard the comment.
See you tomorrow everyone.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well the suitcase is almost all packed. Everything else, except the refrigerated items, are in the living room ready to go in the SUV.

Well asking for wine we know Pat is starting to feel a lot better. Hope she does not have to stay in the hospital too much longer.

I made a post on Facebook about how ready we are and Jennifer replied that the house is not completely ready for Christmas so she is glad for the elves that will be coming over and I clicked the laughing emotion.

Not sure what time we will leave in the morning but it won't be real early. I know it won't take long to pack the SUV. And just hope that my plan for missing a lot of traffic works.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen my love.......you make me want to kick up my heals and be grateful for everything I have even MORE than I already am. God bless you and your sisters.
Next year Barb needs to find a new recipient! ;)

LOVE, LOVE the picture. You look so happy! :clap002: Thank you for lighting the candle in church. We do a LOT of candle lighting in our church too.

Lee: Thanks for the
encouragement. Just have to keep pushing and get through this. SLEELPING on my back makes want to PUSH faithfully so I can soon sleep on my side! It has to do with elevating the leg while sleeping on your back. Can't very well do that on your side!

Nite all you good Bunnies.
Good Night GIF

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hot Dog.......BB asking for some wine definitely shows that she's feeling better. I wonder if she's talked Bert into sneaking some in for her.

Speaking of Bert; I feel so sorry for him. All alone and apart from his best buddy. And we know that he's probably not eating well.

Bless you, bless you KC. Most people have no idea how appreciated your visits and singing is to what you refer to as "shut ins". You may be the only people they get to see and talk to all week. Plus the magic of music, songs that they have known the words to since they were children. Familiar music and certain certain smells can trigger memories long forgotten. GREAT picture.

(I too had never heard of Drake Milligan.)

My goodness Lee, how many little coffee shops does your little Berg have?

K2, in answer to your questions about our new washer; It's a Whirlpool, like the dryer. Almost identical to the 15 year old one it replaced. But to be honest we'd rather have the old one. 15 years of improvements and electronic upgrades. Which means lots more pauses, hesitations, and goofy electronic sounds. It's less smooth in its' operation as it goes through all its' electronic cycles. But that's the way they are now.

So tell us, what's on your physical therapy schedule today? Consistency and repetition makes it work with a much better outcome.

In a few hours it's off to the groomers for the pooches to be beautified. Gotta look good for Santa Paws.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
I looked at you picture again this morning Karen. Why? Because it made me smile and that’s a good way to start a day.
We have a couple of independent coffee shops Dave. There’s the Downtown Espresso Cafe which isn’t nearly as posh as it sounds. Caffeine and Co is our other cafe / bakery. We have a Timmie’s (doesn’t every place with more than 6 houses in Canada?) and we’re getting a Starbucks in the spring. Washers, dryers, fridges, microwaves, tvs, automobiles…what isn’t newfangled and electronic these days. And as you suggested, not always improved over the older models.
I meant to ask if anyone else saw Willie Nelson’s 90th birthday bash the other night? I was impressed how he was still able to pluck those guitar strings and move his fingers so seemingly with ease up and down the neck of his guitar.
I’m primarily a side sleeper too Kathie. I had to sleep on my back for a while, legs elevated, after my heart thing. I’d say it was a pain in the butt but actually the pain was higher and on the front.
As for Bert sneaking wine in for Pat I don’t think that’s allowed! Jell-O shots made with wine, well, they would be OK. See, wouldn’t I be a fun doctor?
Safe travels Nancy.
Have a really, really good day folks.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Hail, Hail the gang is finally all here. Lisa and her family arrived about 9 pm. They, and Kevin's brood will probably spend some time at Disney today before we all move our tents to Port Canaveral for one night before we spend one night before boarding the ship.
Hope that before our cruise is over, we will hear that BB has improved sufficiently that she has been discharged and is back home in Bellalargo.
In the meantime, perhaps Bert, or more likely, Gary can find a way to substitute some wine for whatever liquid the hospital is pumping into Pat. It might do as much to speed her
recovery as whatever medicine that they are giving her. It certainly might improve her spirits.
Love the picture Karen. The mom you "adopted" looks a lot like a young Dionne Warwick.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi WRABBITS!

BILL/RITA: FANTASTIC that the entire gang is there. What a great way to spend Christmas. With the family cruising. ENJOY and take lots of pictures of you with the kids and grandkids. Treasured memories for sure.
Thanks for checking into the Hutch. You know how we are on here!

Dave: Just doing what the PT Doc told me to do. Don't have the energy right now to explain.
Not hard to do, just have to do them throughout the day. Icing is comforting, but it cools down my thin blood (from blood thinner pills) and my entire body is chilly. I put on a heating pad on my back to help keep me warm when I "ICE" and blankets. Big thing now is INBETWEEN everything I do I need to ELEVATE my LEG. Now try and get that sight out of your mind. Ha Ha. Now aren't you glad you asked! :emoticon 0140 rofl:

Lee: Side-Sleepers RULE! Have a coffee for me next time you're in your cute town! I've been

COFFEE FREE for 14 days. So far so good. No headaches from withdrawal! Drinking Decaf Tea and actually liking it.

Karen: Wishing you a not too busy day! Remember to give yourself some "Karen Time" every once in awhile. A soak in that new tub would be nice with bubbles to boot! :emoticon 0115 inlove:
Unwind Summer Time GIF by Carolynn

Later gang. No updates from Missy on Mama Bear.