Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Whatever I did to fix the size of the print still seems to be working. Only problem is that if the situation happens again, I have no clue as to how I fixed it.
02333 is our zip code in East Bridgewater the other zip code is for our previous address in Rockland, Lee. Not worried about those M&Ms. They never go bad and I'll probably be sending some back to you when next year's NFL season concludes (especially if the Pats don't make some improvements to the team roster. Sorry that we haven't had the opportunity to get over your way to see you and LuAnn while you have been in FL. Safe travels when you head back North. Our return date home is still a bit uncertain and will depend on when the fellow who will be transporting the RAV4 back to Ma can schedule the pick up. Once we have a date certain, we can see about flights home from Vero on Breeze Airlines.
Haven't been sleeping that well the last few nights for no apparent reason. Hope that changes so I can really enjoy the great weather we are finally getting.

When you are finished pitching all that paper, K2, you are welcome to come to our home in MA to help me with the mounds of paper that I have accumulated over the years and really have no need for anymore. I know that I should just pitch it all or bring it to the community landfill but knowing and doing are sometimes totally different things.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
K2, I have binder folders with recipes I have printed plus a folder on the computer that has folders for all the different types of food. I need to get rid of most from both places as there are very few I have ever made and most likely won't make most of them.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
3 more months until June!!!!! It was snowing a little this morning but nothing stuck to the ground. It is raining. We have been getting a lot of rain latetly. This July it will be very dry.
It's a little chilly outside today so I will do my usual and stay inside. It will warm up a little every day for a few days.
Dave, the computers are user friendley, but they don't tell us what users. I think there will be booster shots for the rest of our lives, covid will be here in one form or another forever.
Lee, now pictures are crazy on the TV for a few seconds.
My posts are showing up in two different places. When I delete the one that shows up in the earlier posts it deletes the one here. I'm going to post this and see what happens.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bill: I still have LOTS of papers in the basement that need to get SHREADED. I do go to the local Townships when they have FREE SHREAD DAY! It helps, but you can only bring so many boxes and it's not worth going back and forth to fill up the trunk. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: I should have been doing this PITCHING of PAPERS/Recipes/ext all WINTER! :eek::oops:

MIKE: Good to see you on here. Staying inside and staying warm is what we do BEST over here. Of course, Art gets all his Biking Gear on and goes out in 22F to bike, but he's got a few loose screws in his head to do that! Ha Ha.

I'm going to go to Choir Rehearsal tonight and see what music they are going to learning for the BIG National Festival that is in WINDSOR, Ontario at the end of May. Hope it's easy to learn songs. My days of learning 15 page songs in Serbian are behind me.

Later gang.

Lee: Hope you two had a fantastic day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Check this out. I posted it on Facebook and just had to share here. EASY and CUTE.

No photo description available.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Hey Kathie, I know where Windsor is. Did you make that flower / carrot arrangement? Is that ever cute!
I get such a kick out of some of your lines Mike. Thank you.
Thanks for the info Bill. I’ll amend my address info. Friends are looking in to the auto train from Virginia to FL next year. About 17 hours and $600USD I believe they told us. And they still have to drive from their home about an hour west of Toronto to Virginia.
See ya all in the morning.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It's a Saturday.......I think. This is when I rely on my watch to tell me. I was happy to see on Leap Year Day that it was smart enough to show February 29th.

Lee; In Florida some rentals charge an additional $500 a month to heat the pool? In FLORIDA??? Talk about gouging. I used to heat our in-ground pool for way less than $200 a month. This is OHIO where it gets a bit more chilly and I kept the water temperature in the lower 90's.

There's just something nice about holding a real newspaper, K2. Lost when you read it on a screen. You sure have got a boatload of recipes to go through and pitch most of them. That is a cute combination of colors in that posies/carrots mix.

"...knowing and doing are sometimes totally different things." That is so true, Bill.

Yes Mike, I also think that there will be Covid shots for the rest of our lives. Much like the flu, a slight change in the formula every year for whatever new strain it evolves into.

Good call on dumping that contractor, KC. Happy to hear that your thumb is better.

There was an interesting story on the TV showing a cardboard boat regatta held by a high school here in Ahiya. It made me grin.

The student were given only sheets of cardboard and packing tape to hold it together. They had to design and put together a boat that held 2 students. Each were given an oar. Then they hopped in and raced to the other side of a pool. Most boats capsized or just sunk. It was fun to watch.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
A regular ”Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” (come on, you all remember that show) on our walk this morning. LOTS of bunnies, three armadillos and a raccoon. Not to mention the delightful sounds of the early morning birds. The cardboard boat races seem like fun.
That’s actually in the low end of charges for pool heat Dave. Many places charge $25 or more per day. That‘s $750 per month!! Management companies can now often set the temps remotely so renters can’t muck with the controls and jack the heat way up.
We’re meeting our friends from Edmonton today. They are moving here, Pam is a dual Canada/ US citizen, in the spring. They’d like to show us the house they have bought.
You good people all have a fantastic day!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good morning Wrabbits!
Good chatter on here…..and it’s still EARLY! :bigwave:

LEE: You need to explain that Auto-train service a little more for me. You said your friends would have to travel 1 hour to Toronto from their home. AFTER they get to Toronto and get their ‘auto’ and themselves on the train does it take 17 hours to get to Virginia? And then they continue onto to Florida? How long is the TOTAL TRAVEL TIME? Do they have a sleeper car on the train? Considering how much gas cost and motel charges and the stress of just driving on the roads it might not be a bad idea! Something different. Where does the train drop you and the vehicle off at? Would they let AVA come too? :doggy:
I DID NOT make the Tulip/Carrot arrangement, but if I go to the store today I will be buying a pkg of carrots and tulips and try to make it. It’s just so cute.
Okay folks, I have nothing else for you this morning….EXCEPT IT IS MUCH WARMER THIS MORNING HERE.

I wish our Tony was still withus to tell us about the HORRIBLE SNOW STORM GOING ON IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. Folks stranded on the Interstate. I know he would have a handle on this big time. Miss that guy!

Lee/Lu-Ann: Have fun with your friend Pam and touring her soon to be new home. And then get into that pool or SPA and soak in all the sunshine you can. There’s only so many days left and you need to REST UP for the long drive home.

NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SIZE of my post, but I just can’t seem to change the size. Bummer. Get your Magnifying glass out!

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

The auto train runs between Lorton, Virginia and Sanford, FL Kathie. Our friends live an hour west of Toronto and would have to drive to and from Lorton. The train does not allow pets.
I’ll let the good folks at Amtrak explain it…
https://www.amtrak.com/auto-train-e...VpJtaBR2bSATbEAAYASAAEgICyvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
It’s supposed to rain later today and all day tomorrow. This is when I miss a fenced yard to let Ava out!
Stay safe folks.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Hey Kathie, I know where Windsor is. Did you make that flower / carrot arrangement? Is that ever cute!
I get such a kick out of some of your lines Mike. Thank you.
Thanks for the info Bill. I’ll amend my address info. Friends are looking in to the auto train from Virginia to FL next year. About 17 hours and $600USD I believe they told us. And they still have to drive from their home about an hour west of Toronto to Virginia.
See ya all in the morning.
We looked into taking the auto train from Virginia to Florida some years back, Lee but we concluded that the drive from MA to VA was the longest and worst part of the drive so, at that time at least, it was better to drive the entire way. I suspect that your friends may reach the same conclusion. As much as I may miss reading all of Pedro's signs telling me how many miles it is to South of the Border, shipping the car (or having Kevin drive the car) and flying remains our best option.
Took a couple of Tylenol PM last night and got a good night's sleep for a change and awoke refreshed.
Very little mail gets forwarded here, but in yesterday's very small batch was a notice that Rita had been selected to appear for jury duty in July. Since anyone over a certain age is exempt from service, Rita will be able to make other plans for that date. She did have jury duty once before and it was a homicide case that was settled when the defendant changed his plea to guilty. The few times that I received a notice to appear for jury duty, I was never selected to serve.

A’Burg Guy

Is that Eric in The Golden Grizzlies mascot suit too Kathie?

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Hope you enjoyed the game K2. The last I saw California had 10 feet of snow.
I'll have to tell Fay about the tylenol Bill, she alway has trouble sleeping. I never got picked for jury duty because of severe hearing loss and I misunderstand about 1/2 of what is said to me.
Dave, I never thought you would not have your pool anymore. Did you get rid of the knock out roses also???
Hope you enjoyed your friends visit Lee, glad you enjoy my little remarks. Sometimes when I make them I think afterwords, did I say that????
It is going to be 75 degrees Monday.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It's just nuts the snow the N.W. coast is getting. Measurements in feet and not inches.

Yup Mike, the pool is no more. Over time it seemed to be just me using it on a regular basis. Not worth all the maintenance, cost of chemicals, and cost to heat it. Once we got it filled in they reduced our property taxes. As for those knock-out roses, Mother Nature took them out with all the repeated freezes and thaws a couple of years ago.

I'm like you Bill, my days of driving to Florida are over. That's what "aluminum-tubes" are for.

That's a bummer that they don't allow pets on those trains, Lee.

Thanks for the picture Grandma K2.

Zip for plans today. Got 3 prescriptions ready for pick-up at Walley World, but not keen on going to that place on a weekend.

A’Burg Guy

We just resigned ourselves to driving to FL. Especially when we had the three Greyhounds. We found, even the last time we flew, it’s more like a bus. Passengers are crammed in like sardines in an aluminum tube. The cabin crew doesn’t enforce carryon rules. In general, flying isn’t as much fun as it used to be.
I don’t think we’d take the train, pet friendly or not Dave. It would still be a tad over 10 hours of drive time from home to the depot.
We may, or may not depending on the weather service you look at, be in for a rainy day. Oh well, I don’t have to shovel rain.
Have a fantastic Sunday everyone.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning, finally getting a chance to check in!

Kathie, that is a whole bunch of recipes to sort thru, I wish you luck! I went thru mine a couple years ago & put them in a note book with the photo pages, divided everything into categories and such.

Bill, glad you were finally able to get your icons back, technology is great except when it isn't.

Dave, don't blame you for skipping wally-world on Sunday, more & more I find it easier to just order what I need online & then pick it up curbside. How many bottles of soda did you end up with?

Lee, hard to believe your Florida stay is nearly over. On behalf of the sunshine state I apologize for the cooler than normal winter you had here this year. At least the pool was heated nicely & you were able to enjoy that.

Mike, I think we've all had those did I really just say that moments, both online & in person. I was on a jury 1 time, it was actually kind of interesting & luckily the trial was only 1 day

Spent the last 2 days painting my bedroom, what a project! I did 3 walls a pale grey & the wall behind my bed a dark blue/grey color. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. After church I will finish cleaning up the floor & move stuff back in place.
Had a contractor come out yesterday to give me an estimate on the bathroom remodel, I really liked him but I have a feeling he may be out of my budget. He's supposed to get me the estimate early next week. I have another one scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I'll at least be able to get 2 estimates.
Time to get myself in gear & get dressed for church, will be sure to put in a good word for all of us. Have a great day all!

A’Burg Guy

Put in a good word for us Karen. It’s been an odd weather year everywhere. A nice contrasting wall always adds interest to a room.
OK, so only my warped mind would look at the vehicle and plate and start to giggle. I took this photo this morning when Lu-Ann and I went for a walk between the showers. Maybe the owner is colour blind?
IMG_7053.jpeg