Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Not sure of the current price of fleas, Lee, because as I predicted we slept in and never made it to check out all the "great stuff" that folks here were trying to turn into $$$.
Not sure if you qualify as an "influencer" K2, but as I wrote yesterday, I am now being inundated with ads for a movie that I never heard of before. Also never heard of Angel Studios and none of the ads name the actors in the film. If it wasn't for your endorsement, I would be very wary of investing any shekels in a ticket.
Bon Voyage Goodbye GIF by Amy
Wishing Lee & Lu-Ann and Ava a easy going trip home. Dang, that time flew by this year.
Did you weigh yourself before you left ABurg in January and last night before leaving? Just wondering if all those "hearty breakfast's" put a few pounds on you? Ha Ha.

Keep in touch and take it slow on the highways! At least you're going in the opposite direction of the Spring Break drivers!

Oppenheimer movie didn't impress me much at all. A tad slow and dry for me.
We did enjoy HOLDOVERS! (Another slow starting movie, but kept our attention)

It's DREARY here today and 47F is about where the temp will stay. Going to do a nosedive later tonight and into Sunday!

Spring Ahead Alarm Clock GIF by Green Valley Community Church
Hate this time of the year. I wish SOMEBODY would just change it and end our misery.

You all have a good day. I'm off to enjoy my Bourbon Blend Coffee from the little coffee shoppe in Lake Orion that roasts it.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
It is 88 degrees and very breezy outside, so it is time to go out and enjoy the kind of weather that we came to Florida to experience.
I agree with you Dave about the length of Oppenheimer. If we eventually watch it at home, I believe that the pause button will have gotten a good workout before the film ends.
The local theater guild is featuring a performance of Dolly Parton's musical "9 to5" based on the movie of the same name, so we purchased tickets to see it in a few weeks.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Bill, I have mostly stopped looking things up on Google because of the ads that folllow it. I am going to hunt for an ad blocker. I use Duck Duck some times. I used to use Wikipedia but not as much anymore. If it is a word I highlight a word I'll get some options that I can use.
I hope you are having a safe easy drive home Lee. We used to stop at Valdes (sp)going to and from Fl at a Best Western.
(I watched Biden's speech, I was impressed. I Thought he was very forceful and that is what a lot of people were saying he had to do and he covered a lot of topics that slammed trump.
I have never tasted Kona coffee. I'll ask Fay if we can get it around here.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Bill, I have noticed that a lot too, if I do any kind of search on the computer I end up with a boat load of ads for the very item I was looking for.

Kathie, how was your buourbon coffee this morning? I bought some from Dollar tree one time that was supposed to be Harry & David Vanilla bourbon coffee & it didn't taste like much of anything.

Mike, you can probably get the Kona Coffee on Amazon, they have just about everything.

Dave, picture of the orange mini rose attached. The lighting in the picture makes them look more yellow, but they are a really pretty orange color. I have 3 more smaller pots of the rose & a piece of one that broke I am trying to root. Not bad for $4.97

Lee, hopefully by now you are close to your stopping point for the first leg of your trip home. Safe travels!

Today was work day at church, we actually had 7 people helping today including myself. My friend Pam from choir was there today & after we were done she came over for coffee & Pillsbury orange frosted cinnamon rolls. I had a package in the fridge for several weeks now & they really needed to be baked up soon. It was nice having a friend to share them with & we had a nice long visit too.
After she left I finally got outside to plant some flowers I had bought a couple weeks ago. Now I am done for the day! It was looking cloudy a little while ago & I was hoping it was going to rain, but now it's not looking like it will.

Attachments

• P3090444.JPG
    P3090444.JPG
    859.6 KB · Views: 5

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A very late good afternoon. Got up at 6:30 and no internet. Finally got it back just before 4. And form what I did read on the phone it had been out a few hours before 6:30.

Right now our weather station is saying it is 89 out and earlier it was 90. So more than hot enough.

All have great rest of the day.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Hello Morrow!
We passed through a MAJOR storm around Valdosta, GA. It was my fault though because Subie was covered with pollen (remember how Pat used to complain about that on The Caddy) and I said we need a good gully washer to clean it off. Boy, did we get it!
We fuelled up in Tifton, GA where regular was $3.13.9. Poor folks with diesel were a buck more!!
We did wave as we passed the Bellevue exit Karen. I would have honked but didn’t want to wake up the drivers around me.
If you do get Kona Mike, make sure it is PURE Kona and not a blend. And be prepared to pay for it!
Kathie, I swear if I encounter one more FL driver putting along doing 50 in the middle lane of a 70 zone if will scream. Oh wait. I did and I did. Those old Buicks just don’t go as fast as they used to. Unless you press the gas pedal.
Ya, with all of the backlash about circuses Bill, good trained fleas are hard to find. But one person’s junk is indeed another person‘s treasure!
I haven’t seen either of the movies but I know Oppenheimer is on one of the streaming services at home. I may try to watch it. Haven’t seen the birthday girl “Barbie Movie” either. Yep, our Barbie is 65 today. I think she’s had a little “plastic“ here and there.
;)
Did I mention the free (I know the price is in there) wine at The Drury? Have a good hour shorter night. I wonder if we pay less for the room because of that?
See you “Sluggers” tomorrow from Louisville.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen: Love the color of the Rose bush!
The Bourbon roasted coffee was GREAT. Especially since I haven’t had coffee in months! :clap002:

Nice you were able to share your Cinn rolls with Pam. I always enjoy making those Orange Cinn rolls.

Lee: Bummer on driving in the rain, but at least you got rid of the Florida Pollen!

I would be hard pressed to buy that Kona Coffee at that price. WOW! I thought paying $18 bucks for that Bourbon coffee was crazy.

Mike: I wondered if that DUCK/ DUCK search was any better than Google. I think we just can’t get away from all those sites following us around. Hate it.

Bill: You’ll have to be sure to let us know how you liked the Dolly P you bought tickets for. Now don’t forget to go! Ha ha.

As usual, nothing on TV again tonight.

Safe Driving on Sunday Lee & Lu-Ann. :emoticon 0115 inlove:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Oh, this stinking time change twice a year. I hate it! My Arizona daughter doesn't have to fiddle with this nonsense. Arizona and Hawaii are the only States that don't change their clocks.

I should have changed the clocks around here last night. But I didn't. Only changed my wrist watch. Kathi's vehicle automatically changes the time, mine doesn't.

GEESH, that pure Kona Coffee sure is pricey.

Thanks so much KC for the picture of the
orange miniature roses.

Can't tell you what the weather is going to be like when you pass through Ohio, Lee. The forecast for the next few days is all over the place. Heck, today we may get some snow. On Monday it could either be sunny or snow again. No matter what, the warmest it will be is in the 40"s.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dont Forget Time Change GIF by Sarah The Palmer
It sucks to have to do this again.

Lee: Turn around and go back to Florida. It snowed lightly here overnight. Enough to ALMOST cover the grass. Bummer.
Real feel at 9:27 am is 19F. Kissimmee is 69F right now and a high of 79F. Predicted. It’s not too late to turn AROUND AND GO BACK.

Karen: If you’re going to church add me to your prayers. Thank you.

Going to dinner with the family tonight. All except Ashley, she’s still on vacation. I asked her how the food was and she said it was GOOD, but she wished the Mexican food was more authentic. They seem to cater to the American style way of making Mexican food. Bummer. She likes the real stuff.

Big St Patrick’s Day Parade in downtown Detroit this afternoon. Too bad the weather couldn’t be in the 60’s like it has been. Mother nature must not be Irish.

Have a good Sunday all. I need to change a few clocks around here.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. I set all the clocks ahead last night before going to bed, so the only thing to be done is Bruce's watches.

It is overcast and has rained once already today and is supposed to rain again. Right now it is 73 and not supposed to get much higher. Tomorrow the temp is supposed to be the same and then back to low 80's.

All have a great day

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Not sure if the time change played a role, but I woke up at 4am this morning and could not get back to sleep.
My watch and
iPhone and Kindle all automatically changed overnight and the clock in the bedroom radio which has been an hour off all the time we've been here now shows the correct time. Didn't want to fool with the controls so until now I merely subtracted an hour from the time it was displaying.
That show is a couple of weeks off, K2 but don't fear that we will forget it.
Boston Bruins and Celtics were both featured on ABC last night and both came through with impressive wins.
Did the time change also affect the calendar in Michigan, Kathie? In the rest of the world, St. Patrick's Day is celebrated next Sunday, March 17th. Not sure why Michiganders decided to hold their parade a week early although perhaps they don't want to try to compete with the parades in NYC or in South Boston.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon! Time change was very evident in church this morning, especially the 10:30 mass, it was very lightly attended. The 8 am & 9:15 crowd seemed to have a better handle on the time change.

Kathie, missed your note earlier, but a good word or 2 was put in for all of us. Sorry you are still having snow so close to Spring!

Lee, I waved back yesterday. Hope your journey home continues to go smoothly!

Dave, I guess on the bright side you Ohio folks have had a relatively mild winter. I changed all my clocks last night before I went to bed, but forgot my watches. The clock in my truck is supposed to change automatically but never does for some reason.

Bill, that would have driven me nuts having a clock with the wrong time, I hate fiddling with a strange clock, but I hate seeing the wrong time more. My sister never changes the time in her car

We had a heck of a thunder storm around 10 or so last night, rained pretty hard too. I was glad for the rain as the new flowers I planted yesterday got a good soaking.
Balanced my checkbook this afternoon & found a $200 mistake, luckily it was in my favor & not the banks. I thought my balance had gone down rather quickly but I did have a couple big insurance bills & thought it was just because of them. Nice to find out I have more money than I thought.
Took some squeeze up cat treats back to Walmart today after church. I had bought them to give Scooter her BP meds but don't need them now. I had offered some to Ginger to see if she would eat them but she wasn't interested so I might as well get my money back.

Got the quote from the contractor on the bathroom, $5,105! I told him it was over my budget & he came down to $4,300 which I was going to go with. But after thinking it over a few days I decided I can live with the bathroom as is for a few more years. It's functional & with some fresh paint, new towels & rugs it will be fine.

Need to change clothes & get outside & spray weeds, they are starting to take over the back patio. Enjoy the day all!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I don‘t know. I haven’t seen him either. Wait, here he is…
How are you all doing today? The time change. ARGH!! Just to make the day that much funnier, the route we took from Morrow to Louisville took us into the central time zone where the clocks all jumped back an hour! Like some of you, all of our clocks on the electronics and Subie changed on their own. Then they changed back an hour on the road and then back again. Kinda funny when you think about it.
Dinner tonight was mixed green salad, penne in a light cream sauce, gently seasoned strips of white meat chicken and a glass of red wine. What fine dining establishment did we eat at you ask? Even if you didn’t, I’m gonna tell you. That was the 5:30 kickback menu at our beloved Drury Inn in Louisville, KY. They remembered Ava being so good from previous visits and elected to exercise the “may charge a pet fee” option in our favour. They “may not” if they so choose and didn’t. As a matter of fact, the whole night was free because we used our Drury points!
I appreciate anything you can do to convince Mom Nature to show us some warmer temps as we head up I75 Dave.
We fuelled up just outside of Chattanooga, TN for, wait for it Bill, $2.91.9 per gallon.
Those are very pretty “posey’s” Karen. How big will they grow? I reckon a number of folks were caught out by the clock jumping ahead. We’re some of the later church goers normally at the early service?
We considered heading back Kathie. But being spring break rates would be that much higher as would the roads would have been busy. I have to relate my old Florida Fart story. A couple of Q-Tips in a big caddy heading north. Always 5 - 10 mph under the posted speed limit except for when Pa Kettle found the accelerator, passed me who was doing 5 mph over and on cruise control…ie 75 in a 70…realized he was actually keeping up with the flow and cut back in front of us all and slowed back down. As for the possible weight gain, NOPE! All calories were consumed in The Magic Kingdom where there are no calories.
The price of 100% pure Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is even a tad higher than the Kona. But I have to admit I enjoy them both on occasion!
So, home tomorrow. I looked at the yard on our doorbell camera and it’s green. Great. Now I have to think about cutting the grass.
Of course we need groceries but may just stop in MI to get a few things because there are so many more options for groceries is the stores in The US of A.
Sadly my next check in will likely be from a little town in southern Ontario I like to call Amherstburg…
G’nite folks.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Lee, glad to hear the trip back home is going relatively smoothly! The miniature roses won't get more than about 12-18" tall, they tend to be smaller bushier type plants. They generally don't live that long either, but for the price I thought they were pretty. Sometimes I get lucky & keep them alive for a year or 2

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
See Goodwood Festival Of Speed GIF
LEE: Here’s one way to get around the
Q-Tips on the road! Just make sure to have Ava secured before you try it! :)
Hey, I’m just here to help! Your dinner sounded yummy! Do a lot of the guests come down for the dinner hour?
Best part of the Oscars was when the Host Jimmy K read the post from Donald T and then replied and ImQuote: “Isn’t it past your JAIL TIME?” Priceless! :clap002:
The kids told me that my iPaid is Old and Obsolete! They bought it for me years ago. Jill said I might not be able to get updates on it. I’m going to take it to the Apple store at Partridge Creek and see what they have to say. If it’s true, I may use the “reward money” from Costco and buy a new one. My treat to me! Ha ha. But as long as this one works, I’ll keep it.

Catch you all in the morning!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Some things are just funny.

Yesterday I heard a fella say, "I want to lose just enough weight so that my belly doesn't wiggle when I brush my teeth." :)

I don't know about you, but after hearing that I watched my belly last night when I brushed my teeth.

My "fun" begins early today. We need to be on the road a bit before 7. It's time for my second cataract surgery. Sure hope it goes as successful & smoothly as the first one.

So much for going back to bed. But I've got a feeling that you did, K2.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
ALL THE BEST on your SECOND Cataract surgery Dave! (not that you'll see this today) Ha Ha.

Lee/Lu-Ann:
Home Sweet Home Love GIF by The SOL Foundation
WELCOME HOME! Now get some rest after that long drive!

35F here now and climbing to 57F later.

Neighbor 2 houses away from ours is getting "ALL" his OLIVE TREES cut down. They started at 9:00 am and are sawing away! Those trees are NASTY-MESSY trees. They have little leaves just like the WILLOW TREE NEXT DOOR. And they were huge! Going to be really empty at the end of his property by the creek. Now if we could only get the NEXT DOOR neighbor to cut down the Willow tree, we'd get rid of a lot of Fall Leaves!

You all have a nice day. I have nothing for you this morning.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Watched the Oscar's last night and realized that I haven't seen, and probably won't see most of the films that were nominated. As usual there were some people attired in what I would describe as "what were you thinking of when you chose that?"
Nice to find that error in your account
that was in your favor, Karen. If your experience is anything like mine when that happens, today's mail will contain an invoice for something that will use up most if not all of that "found" money.
We seem to have escaped the more violent storms that were experienced in some parts of Florida and if we even got any rain, it was during the late night hours when we were asleep and missed it.

You are making very good time Lee, despite the Floridian cue tips who tried to slow you down. We don't notice Florida drivers being especially slow drivers but they certainly take a lot of time to recognize when a traffic light turns green and move.
Temperatures are back in the 70s this week but still so much better than what you folks are getting back up north.

Last edited:

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. Went this morning to get the paint I need for the one Nutcracker. The green I got is pretty close to what is on the one part but I am sure I will have to paint both pieces and the copper looks good, I may slightly wipe it after painting to make it look older. I will post a photo after I get the painting and putting the pieces on. After getting the paints I drove down to a plant place that always has a sign saying orchids. Well a few things I really like are prices too high for me but they have some very nice Vanda orchids for a good price so I bought me two that have different color flowers and both have a bunch of buds. Then went to Aldi for a few things I need for tonight's dinner and later this week.

Hope Manny get's his computer fixed at a good price.

All have great day.