Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Hope, and I’m sure, all went well for you today Dave. So, did the belly wiggle?

A’Burg Guy

Hope, and I’m sure, all went well for you today Dave. So, did the belly wiggle?
That’s a nice size for a little rose bush Karen. I loved the shades!
That video made me laugh Kathie. There does reach a point where all gadgets, even if they still work, aren’t able to process the newest upgrades. Yes, a lot of guests take advantage of The Drury 5:30 Kickback as they call it.
I teamed up with a vehicle from MA for a number of miles coming out of Louisville Bill. We kept a good speed, let each other in and out of the right or middle lane as needed. A real pleasure to drive by.
Right now Lu-Ann is in Kroger’s in Perrysburg, OH, about an hour from the border and 90 minutes from home. We got fuel, and now she’s grabbing a few non perishable groceries. From here we’ll make our run straight through to the tunnel.
Thanks to Dave and Jathie for the fine travelling weather today.
Have a great evening.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Quick good evening to you all!

Kathie, a quick check of my calendar is telling me you have a birthday tomorrow, Hope you have an awesome day!

Dave, hopefully the 2nd surgery went as well or better than the first!

Lee, you were very close to my old stomping grounds of Toledo, Ohio during the pit stop in Perrysburg. Glad you & LuAnn made it home safely!

Nancy, looking forward to seeing pic's of the finished handywork

Bill, I haven't been to a movie in ages so I skipped the Oscars all together.

Much cooler here today than it has been the last few days so I got outside & worked on cutting back my Crepe Myrtle tree. Mine wasn't as over grown as Jane's but it was still 3 garbage cans & 2 bundles of branches for the trash men on Wed.
Tomorrow I am going over to finish thinning hers out, should take me to long & then Barb is coming over to Jane's & bring us Pizza Hut for lunch.
Have a great evening all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen thanks for the B-Day wishes for Tuesday! Thought I would get away with nobody noticing! Ha ha. I feel as old as I was last week! :emoticon 0115 inlove:

It seems like you have to cut back they Crepe Myrtle often. Be careful.

Those Olive Trees 2 doors down are history. They’ll be back on Tues to keep at it. AMAZING PILE OF LOGS, HUGE LOGS, on the front of his property. I have to bet it cost around $3-4,000 bucks to take those big babies down. Should be interesting to see if they take the huge stumps down to the ground or not!

Lee: Hope you got through customs quickly.

Out of here for now!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy Birthday K2! Don't tell me, you're 39.......again. :)

Happy that you've safely completed your journey back from Rebel-Land, Lee. Back where us Yankees KNOW how to drive. And even got a chance to pick up some groceries enroute.

Yup KC, your motto should be, "Will work for food".

Bill; The Q-Tips in Florida aren't messing with their Smart Phones at red lights, they're hunting stations on their AM radios.

I can't believe how good my sight is, now that both eyes have had their cataracts removed. So much brighter, clearer, with brilliant colors. And that's before I get an updated pair of glasses.

This morning I see the surgeon for a check-up to make sure everything is healing properly.

But I really, really feel blessed by my super sight.

A’Burg Guy

A delightful 44F here this morning. Oddly enough the same temperature as it was our first morning in The Sunshine State.
Happy Birthday Kathie! I hope you have a fantastic day! Yes, from the time we entered the tunnel until the time the curly haired “cute as a button“ (Lu-Ann’s description of the border agent) cleared us we weren’t even 10 minutes.
It amazes me Dave that a day after your surgery you’re back on the magic light box. So pleased everything is doing well! AM radio? How old are you really?

Yesterday’s travel story - aside from the folks from MA that were a pleasure to “drive with”…We were passed on I81 in TN by a guy in a little old Nissan of some sort. I mean, he passed us so fast I checked my speedometer to see if I had slowed down! Now, if I thought he was speeding, you should have seen how fast the TN State Trooper in nothing shy of a full on race prepared Camaro flew down a ramp, blue lights a flashin’, and caught this guy. It made me smile.
Perrysburg has Fuel, Starbucks, Kroger’s and a Panera all in one block Karen. And now, a tune for you and your “old stompin‘ grounds…
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bqFEJCtULI

We do have some groceries to pick up today. Fresh fruit and the such.
Anyway, did someone mention coffee? Yes please.
You fine folks all have a great Tuesday.
Oh, did I mention, Happy Birthday Kathie! :birthday:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave: So happy your 2nd surgery went so well. Life is BRIGHT, CLEAR and FANTASTIC for you. Enjoy!

Lee: Glad all went smoothly at the border.
Thanks for the Birthday Wishes! I need to go over to our Starbucks for my FREE Birthday treat! I think a piece of the Lemon Loaf will be my choice!
Love the video song about Toledo. It still amazes me how you find these old songs!

Art is biking on what is suppose to be a gorgeous sunny day in the high 69F! I plan on getting outside to enjoy the sunshine too. House cleaning will have to wait!

Off to get a cup of tea! Have a fun day Wrabbits.

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee & Lu-Ann: I’m using my special thermo cup that you gave to all of us when we met in OHIO! Still keeps the heat in my coffee. I’ll be thinking of you guys as I travel around today!
IMG_0143.jpeg

A’Burg Guy

Wow Kathie! That picture of the travel mug sure brought back good memories and a huge smile to Lu-Ann and I.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Happy 21st+ K2. Celebrate it in style.
Glad to hear that the TN state trooper was there to corral that speedster, Lee. There never seems to be one around when we observe a similar scofflaw on the roads.
Does anyone else have the same experience that I am currently having? The other night a news program mentioning his recent death,showed a video of Steve Lawrence singing The Impossible Dream. Now, I can't get that song out of my head.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. Just finished our taxes. And this year doing them the way I do was easier than last year. And we did not have to pay as much, I did this year do the sales tax deduction and I think that helped with the amount we owed. I do want to change Bruce's retirement to take out taxes, but when I went to log in it said I had incorrect user and password, so will wait until he is home and then have him try and then call to fix.

Kathie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope it is all that you want it to be.

All have a great day.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Happy Birthday K2, hope you have many more.
I sang Impossibel Dream all day yesterday. I sing that or Old Man River. I do a lousy job of Paul Robeson????
Bill, I redo my passwords and get smug with myself thinking I have them down pat, try to log into something and get the dreaded message, the password or user name is incorrect.
Nancy AAAP in Hamilton does our (senior citizens) taxes free. We went last Thursday. Fay use to do taxes but she is uncomfortable doing them now.
Lee, I have to look up the lyrics to t he Toledo song, with my very poor hearing I could not understand all of the words.
The Qtips are hunting for their glasses that fell on the floor.
Hope your check up went well Dave.
Kc, you may come here and trim our Knock out roses. I don't think they were trimmed last year. Bring some very thick gloves.

A’Burg Guy

I have to wonder Mike, is “Old Man River” even politically correct these days? I bet you do a fine rendition that Paul Robeson and Oscar Hammerstein would be proud of. I sing a lot of classics “solo”. “So lo“ nobody else can hear them. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Thanks for all the B-Day wishes Wrabbit family. It's been a grand day.

We went to a Mexican restaurant that gives you a percentage (%) discount for each year of your age. I darn near got my dinner for FREE. HA HA. Oh, would Tony and BB jump on that sentence fast! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

The guy that got all those HUGE, and I mean HUGE, trees cut down had all the HUGE STUMPS lined up on his front lawn and by the time we got back from dinner "somebody" had removed them ALL. I'm thinking the tree company contracts out for somebody to haul those away. The tree company only had a pickup truck and one big truck here the past 3 days. I'll try and get a picture of what's left of the huge trees. Art said he sure hopes they'll be back to lower the height of the stumps. It just doesn't look right at the height it's at.

Okay, I'm out of here for tonight. It's been a busy, but beautiful day.
I even stopped by the DOG PARK at our Big Park and there must have been 20+ dogs having the time of their life running free in the dog park. All well behaved too.
Good Night GIF
Dave I hope your eye check up went well today. Keep using those DROPS

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Just checking in to say Good night and glad you had a great birthday Kathie! Another long busy day today & more of the same tomorrow, will try to check in before church in the morning

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Day 3 of being back to seeing the world in Technicolor, and leaving the old world of seeing it through dirty windows that haven't been washed in 10 years. Outside or inside. I hope I never lose this sense of joy.

Check-up went fine. Another check-up in 2 weeks. And that should be the end of that tune.

Thanks for the John Denver song, Lee. I'd forgotten about that one. Got a kick out of your story of the Tennessee State Trooper pulling over ole-lead-foot.

I'd have been surprised K2 if your neighbor wouldn't have dug out those stumps, or had a stump-grinder brought in.

Mike; You mentioned the Q-Tips dropping their glasses in their cars. That got me thinking about how they design cars with that little slot between the driver's seat and the center console which most cars have now. That little slot where most things you drop fall into, but your hand can't get all the way into.

Gee, thanks Bill. You made me look this up.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2trMSsLqGkg

Hiya KC!

Speaking of taxes; Kathi does ours and submits it on our computer. Just yesterday she got notice from our bank that our refunds should clear in a couple of days. ONE TIME we had to pay. But ever since that surprise we make sure enough taxes are deducted to ensure a nice refund every year. Don't need another bill in our mailbox.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning everyone.
Bad enough Mike and Bill plant “ear worms” yesterday. This morning Dave gives us a video to go with it! I, as I’m sure the others can “hear” your happiness with the results of your eye procedures.
Now you got me thinking Kathie. Where did the term “dumb as a stump” come from? Eddie likely would have known. I hope they carded you at dinner! Ya, Tony and Pat most certainly would have been all over that line! So how close to almost free were you?
You mentioned Hamilton Mike. Lu-Ann and I always say “hi” to Marcia and Carl when we pass by Hamilton on I75.
Have a wonderful day with your church group Karen. Someone else has a March birthday, don’t they? ;)

We’ll gang, I hear Lu-Ann stirring so I see coffee in my immediate future.
You all have a super day!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. The temp is going back up today so that is nice. We are going to Benihana's for drinks and appetizers then someplace else for dinner, I am thinking of Flanagan's or Long Horn.

All have a great day.