Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Thanks Lee, I got my free pulled BBQ chicken sandwich meal tonight from Sonny's, A free cranberry orange muffin from Panera for breakfast in the morning & printed out a coupon for a free waffle with purchase from Waffle house & I have till April 8th to redeem that one, I'm really on a roll this year. And I brought home half my sandwich & fries so I have lunch tomorrow, win/win!

Bill, hopefully the car pick up will go as scheduled & you can book flights home. I know you are anxious to be back with the family again.

Dentist visit got rescheduled for Thurs as the dentist was held over for jury duty. Now I think I'm going to fix a cup of decaf coffee & have a slice of birthday cake. Enjoy your evening all!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
My goodness, both KC & K2 said prayers for the rest of us sinning Bunnies. That's as good as a double scoop of ice cream in a cone.

It's always a guessing game of who will be the first one in our neighborhood to cut their grass. It's ironic that some of you mentioned cutting your grass yesterday. It turns out that this year, it's us. Around 9 in the morning yesterday, I'm hearing a mower running. And it sounded pretty close. So I looked outside, and there was our lawn guy, and his daughter. Neither Kathi or I expected it.

Mike; I too want to thank you for the larger font size.

In my never to be humble opinion KC, that dealership should have comped you for that oil change.

Lee; That's sure sleazy that the farmers or builders take away the topsoil before a house is built on the land.

Got your ticket to win the billion plus bucks tonight in the mega millions lottery? Can't win if you don't play.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
It’s just pouring this morning. After the 8:00 hour it should be cloudy until late afternoon when it starts to rain again, A perfect day to go see the eye doc for my annual checkup.
I have to get my lawnmower batteries out and plugged in. They don’t take long to charge but with warmer temperatures and a little more sun the grass will need cutting sooner rather than later.
Agreed about Karen’s oil change Dave. At the very least not charge for the additional quart of oil not included on the coupon.
Not much else right now. Everyone have a darned fine day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Hope to go and get a haircut today, if not today then tomorrow.

Sad about the bridge in Baltimore, hope they find the rest of the people that are missing.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits!
Yes, Dave you all got a Two-fer of church prayers. Let’s hope it helps us all out.

Again, the stupid Supreme Court will find time to hear the FDA’s drug approval of the Abortion Pill that has been able, by doctors, to be prescribed for over 25 yrs. Now that the FDA has approved the distribution without a doctors order a group is fighting this and sending it to the Supreme Court. We all know the Supreme Courts view on woman's rights. Just leave womens bodies alone. Not a word is said about the MALES that get us to the place of being pregnant and at times in need of abortion. I worry about my Granddaughter and all other females that MIGHT need a abortion for whatever reason. It’s INSANE that if you get RAPED, in some states, you have to carry this pregnancy to full term. NUTS….just plain INSANE. Not to mention if the woman‘s life might be in danger, for whatever reason, she can’t carry the fetus she can’t get a abortion. Okay I’ll get off my soapbox for now. If you have child-bearable (and or) granddaughter's or nieces be VERY CONCERNED!
LEE: We got the same rain you did and MORE to come. Wind has picked up too. GLOOMY DAY FOR SURE.
A good day to get out your lawnmower batteries. I can only hope our lawn man doesn’t start cutting our grass anytime soon. Another expense I don’t like paying, but have no choice.

A good day for me to go to PT. The knee is stiff and will enjoy the stretch!
I made the PT Tech and staff Choc Chip/ Toffee cookies.
Getting DARKER OUTSIDE AS I POST! Yikes.

I was still up and got to see the first videos of the cargo ship crashing into the Bridge in Baltimore. So sad to see. My thoughts go out to the families who lost their loved ones.
This is going to be one long rebuild. Sad.

Out of here for now. (I almost lost this post) Whew it came back.
Have a great day. Be safe.

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
Bribing the PT staff with chocolate chip cookies to go easy on you at the next session is a no-no, K2. Don't worry about being up on the soap box. Though, on here, I think yots u are "preaching to the choir".

Car is due back in MA by April 3rd or 4th and we are arriving home late on the 4th. (We booked our flights a couple of days ago, Karen, even before we had a definite pick up date)
We will only be without a car for two days since Kevin and Jamie will be here on Thursday and can take us to the airport for our evening flight. We have a great next door neighbor here so I am sure she would help us out if we needed to go anywhere in the interim.

Since Powerball and Mega Millions
jackpots had reached an 'acceptable' level, Rita purchased tickets for both yesterday. We only had one number in the Powerball drawing last night, so our success (really our loss)record remains unblemished. Can't wait to see if our streak continues tonight!

The pictures that I have seen of the Baltimore bridge are horrifying and unimaginable. Such a tragedy.

A’Burg Guy

I think Bill said it best Kathie. You are preaching to the choir. I did get the batteries out, plugged in and charged. Did the cookies work in your favour (they took it easy on you) or against you (they pushed you harder for bribing them)?
I hope you have nice weather for the rest of your stay in FL Bill. Our big lottery, Lotto Max is capped at $70 million and subsidiary million dollar prizes are added until the jackpot is won. We “opt in” when it hits $50 million. That’s about $516.32US. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
So sad the loss of life in that bridge mishap. If there is a positive to the tragedy it would be that it didn’t happen when the bridge was full of commuters.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
PT Tech, Jordan, loved the cookies. Said he would share few in their lunchroom area and take any leftovers home to share with his wife. Today was mostly a “orientation” session. Jordan did measurements and asked and recorded answers to questions he asked about how my knee felt. He did say he would be making up a HARDER routine for when I show up on Friday! :eek: SO NO BREAKS for bring in cookies. Hey, I tried! Ha ha.
Cloudy all day here and waiting for evening rain to show up.
Hope you all had a good day!

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
Don't give up too soon, K2. Once his wife tastes those cookies, she may pressure him to go easier on you, especially if more cookies could be in their future.:) Seriously though, a harder routine is probably the best and quickest way to improve your knee. The phrase "no pain, no gain" comes to mind.

Watching the video of how quickly and completely that Baltimore bridge came down makes one worry about their safety if they have to cross a similar span. I'm sure that the authorities will quickly get the area where the bridge collapsed dredged and the port of Baltimore back open ASAP but how long it will take and how much it will cost to replace that bridge is another issue completely. Just glad we are flying home and not driving.

Thanks for converting the lottery payout from USD to CDN, Lee. Without access to a computer I probably would have guessed a different amount;) Appreciate you doing us that
favo(u)r.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Just checking in to say good night from Belleview! Long busy day & I'm beat! Church this morning, then went to breakfast with my friend Pam. Got home & fixed my white chili for church tomorrow night & then went to the pool for a little while with Barb. She went in & I sat on a chair in the sun, 74 degrees is still to cold for me. Choir practice at 6:45 till 8:15 trying to work out the kinks in our song for Easter Sunday, I will be saying a few extra prayers for the soprano's in the choir cause we are really struggling with our part.
Catch up with you all some time tomorrow

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bill: I saw on TV today that had the Bridge had “Bumper Protection” out and around the Stanchions they would have absorbed the hit and saved the bridge. I bet a lot of high traffic shipping areas will be looking into installing them if they’re not already in place.
Remember when the Sunshine Bridge in Tampa Bay water area was hit by a ship and it took forever to build a new bridge.
I often worry about the Ambassador Bridge connecting Detroit, Michigan to Canada. ( just outside of Windsor) The freighter traffic is one issue, but the actual BRIDGE TRAFFIC and trucks crossing on it is even more of a issue to me.
It’s a good thing it was 1:00 A.M. and not P.M. with lots of vehicles on the bridge. It could would have been even more tragic.

Karen: Hang in there with the “kinks” in your songs. At least you’re si ging in English. We deal with Serbian words and even though I speak the language it’s a challenge at times. :eek:
Sleepy Good Night GIF by DINOSALLY

Mike Elias

Fitness Director
Thanks Bill, Lee and Nancy for the names of your towns. I had an idea where you lived by your posts.
Preaching to the choir, that is one phrase my daughter uses all the time when people try to talk her out of her views, and she says it with a great big smile.
Bill, Lee,I wonder how up to date that bridge was and the safe limit on it. I know the barge hit it but excessive weight on the bridge could have helped in the collapse. It is a tragedy There was a bridge collapse on the Ohio River with Christmas shoppers comming home, the bridge could'nt handle that much weight.
I am amazed in the Messiah how high the sopranos sings . I listem to it several times every year. Are you a soprano Kc???? Maybe you K2 and Dave can get together and sing Puff the Magic Dragon. :)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7lmAc3LKWM
Any other vocalist in here like to join in, I'll direct to the nearst cup of coffee.

I hope your streak ended tonignt Bill.
K2, Jordan was probably very careful to make sure he got all the exercises in and done correctly. If you want to leave the room dancing make him a big batch of cookies; His wife may want him to prolong the exercises to get more cookies.
Kc, you are going to have to learn how to take it easier. 74 degrees would be too cold for me too.
Bill, isn't it great to have neighbors and friends to help you when you need them.
Dave, I am never first to cut the grass but come close to being the 2nd. We have until this year fertilized our lawn, at least 3 times a year, my neighbor called me Mr. Green Jeans. I try to enlarge the print but I forget too many times.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
This news story made me actually laugh out loud. Along with the phrase, "You've got to be shi##ing me!" But it's true. The Buffoon is actually selling bibles now for $59.99. The money goes to him to help pay his legal bills.

Naughty, naughty K2 on trying to bribe your physical therapist. Nice try. I can't remember you mentioning needing a second knee replacement.

Good for you Lee on getting the batteries all charged up for your mower. I'd bet that your neighbors appreciate how quiet those electric mowers are.

About that ship that hit the supports of the bridge that took it down; It seems that no bridge in the world could have stayed up if its' supports were struck by a ship as large as that cargo ship. Heck, that thing is the size of an aircraft carrier.

Any luck with your Mega Millions ticket last night, Bill? I got zero matches. But it looks like one ticket in New Jersey won the billion plus dollars.

KC; It's funny that you made chili last night, and I'm having it for breakfast this morning. Any guess on who's is more spicy?

Thanks so much for the song, Mike.

A’Burg Guy

“oh, Puff the Magic…” wait. Where did all you people come from? I was just quietly singing this ditty that popped into my head. Thank you Mike for a neat tune to start my day.
The choir will all fall into place Karen. A group of voices always do in a most beautiful way.
Our news did quite a piece on the Ambassador Bridge last night Kathie. They discussed the safety features that it has above and below the waterline. The Gordie Howe Bridge is supposed to take ALL of the heavy commercial truck traffic when it opens leaving The Ambassador primarily for smaller trucks and cars.
Never mind the neighbours Dave, I appreciate how quiet not only the mower, but the weed whacker and blower too. While we were south there were a number of articles about FL communities, among others, wanting to ban the gas blowers and trimmers. Needless to say the landscape companies in particular were against it.
You’re welcome for the tongue in cheek conversion Bill. I’ll pop your NFL M&M’s in the mail next week so they will go directly to you and not be rerouted.
We’re off to a “Senior’s Expo” this morning. I don’t know if they mean they have a bunch of seniors on display or a bunch of displays that may appeal to seniors. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Whatever the day throws your way make the most of it.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy You Can Do It GIF by Hello All
Yup... it's WEDNESDAY HUMP DAY again. That's Artie going up that hill on his bike! Ha ha.

Lots of good chatter on here early this morning.

And
MIKE....although we appreciate you using the larger font size NEVER let that be a deciding factor of posting on here. We're all just glad you're back in the "Bunny Hutch" with us. Thanks for the Hippie Era song. It'll take all day to get it out of my head. I actually happen to like that song, so it's a good thing.
We have a fertilizer company that comes and puts on the chemicals on .... get this... 5 times during the season. Weed and Feed and regular fertilizer and something for grubs, etc, etc. It's a package deal. The guy who owns the company use to be our neighbor when we all first built our homes. Then his business go SO MUCH BIGGER and he built a huge house about 1 mile from here. Soon after he moved to even a BIGGER house. He's always been a nice guy, even as he got wealthier. We're happy for him.
My lawn guy, Ed, wishes he would cut back on the fertilizer because at times the grass is WAY TOO HIGH when he cuts it. OH WELL, can't keep them all happy.

new york yolo GIF by Bryan Unger
It's very DREARY outside right now. Not sure if will rain or not. Just wish the SUN would come out.

I have 2 HUGE projects to tackle over here. (well, I have tons more, but 2 are top on my list right now) My address book and my PASSWORD Book. I found a nice 5 x 7 , 3 ring binder last night a lined paper that fits it. I plan on transferring all the little pieces of paper with Passwords on them into this book. I even bought A-Z TABS that I will use to separate the sections. The current book it way out of hand. The other project is the address book. Lordy it needs attention BAD. I've had a nice new address book for years just waiting for me to fill it up. It will be hard to give up a lot of the entries of folks that have passed in the years, but it's necessary.

Lee: Nice to know there was a write up about the Ambassador Bridge. Hopefully, they keep a good eye on it and do repairs as necessary.
HAVE FUN AT THE SENIOR EXPO. Hope they have lots of neat give-aways.

Karen: Our choir directress had us singing by only using La, la, la, instead of the words to learn the notes and melody of the song she is teaching us. It really made it easier. I actually found the song on YouTube and have been listening to it in order to get the WORDS to fit with the notes. It's a pretty song.

Bill: Not sure if I won anything on last night's big lotto, but since Dave said somebody in NJ won, I'm not in a hurry to check my lotto ticket. I will check the ticket, you never know it might be a $1,000 winner ! Ha Ha.

DAVE: Trump has stooped LOWER than the Pillow Man by selling Bibles. Can you even believe it. The man is plain old CRAZY. And there are millions of people that will still buy the Bibles and Vote for the MORON. When does living on Mars open up? I'm ready to give it a chance. Can't be worse than living here on this earth.

Have good day and get out and enjoy life.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well I will go and see about a haircut later today. I am bad about setting appts but have found if I go mid afternoon I can get it done.

Bruce gave me a Rx this morning to refill so I called it in and of course it can't be refilled. He said when he saw her earlier she said she would take care of it. So I called the office and the lady said yes so she would call them and get things straightened out and call me back. She called back and the pharmacy has the new Rx and it is ready, so great news.

Yesterday Bruce had a teeth cleaning and came home with a sheet with things the dentist wants to do and the total was $7500, way too much. He may get a couple of things but not all.

All have a great day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon.

Kathie, our choir director does the same thing when we are having problems getting the notes or timing right on a song we sing La,la, la instead of the words. I think the biggest problem with the Easter song is it's done as a "round" with different voices singing different words at the same time. At least we have 1 more rehearsal for it on Sunday morning at 7:30.

Mike, NOW that's a song I would glad sing along too & yep I'm a soprano but I am finding it harder & harder to hit some of those high notes these days.

Lee, hope you have a good time at the Senior Expo and score lot's of cool freebies!

Nothing to much exciting going on around here, Bible study & church this morning then came home & did a little bit of cleaning to get ready for Sunday.
It's been over cast most of the day so I'm hoping it doesn't rain before I get to church for the soup supper tonight.
Tomorrow morning I have my dentist appt & then a few errands to run, no church until 6:30 tomorrow night so I get the morning off.
Enjoy your day all!

Nancy, $7,500 for dental work???? Did the dentist want to gold plate all of Bruce's teeth? That's crazy!

Dave, no doubt in my mind your chili was much hotter for breakfast than mine will be for tonight.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Trying to get Ginger used to wearing a harness so I can take her to the vet on a leash instead of a carrier. She freaks out a lot in the carrier. So far she's pretty cool with the harness but she cries when I take her outside on the leash, she's still afraid of it. One step at a time I guess

Attachments

• P3270457.JPG
    P3270457.JPG
    588.6 KB · Views: 1

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Love the picture of Ginger.

FOR KAREN:
This is the “song” our choir is learning. I play this LA, La, LA YouTube recording to help me learn the best. I have another one with the words too!

Just thought I’d share this with you.

Ha Ha I can’t get it to show up here. I’ll try again and if if doesn’t work I’ll send it in a message or e-mail.

Well, it didn’t work. I’ll keep working on it. Ha ha.

Last edited: