Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I can see how you thought the wine was in the fridge Kathie. I was trying to show that the room was just big enough for the fridge. Our breaker panel is also in there. Anyway, the room is dark and a good place to store red wine. Red never goes in the fridge!
Nice razzle dazzle play from The Lions. Right now they are sure beating up on those Cowboys!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen you have a e-mail!

Lee: Make sure the WINE is off the floor. You don’t want it to change temp if on the cement or wood floor!
Do they use corks ( plastic or real) or screw caps these days??

Detroit Lions blow Dallas away.
40 - 9

The Plaid Caps that the coaches etc had on during the Football game represented Cure for Cancer. Nice touch.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Kathie, sent one back

Forgot to mention in my long post earlier I FINALLY got my bathroom sink faucet installed. It took me almost 2 weeks of working on it & waiting for parts but I finished it yesterday and the best part, so far NO LEAKS!

Last edited:

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
K2, the Bengals are playing in a few minutes. Just checked the score Bengals are leading 7- 0
Lee, I thought I read you posted red wine should never be put in the fridge bu can't find it any more. I like my wine about room temp but Fay keeps the wine in the fridge. There are a few houses here built on slab and had a one car garage. The garage was made into a large living room.
Kc, you look very angelic. I very nice picture. Thanks for allowing K2 to post it.
Hi whipper snapper.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
First up, I'd like to thank ya'll for the good wishes on my birthday. Our Arizona daughter sent a BBQ lunch delivered by a Massillon restaurant. Yummy, with 5 different BBQ'd meats, coleslaw, green beans, cornbread and cups of different sauces. Lots of leftovers.

All I wanted was a quiet, stay home day. (Once we got the car dropped off at the mechanic's.) Oh yea, no trunk on my vehicle. It's an SUV, which means just a big open area behind the back seat. And I don't keep anything back there.

Then we took out our mail-in ballots, and have them ready to be dropped off at the post office today. My vote will now count even if I croak between now and election day.

Well looky there...A picture of of our angel at church looking up as if saying, "Honest God, I've been good." :)

K2; Who got the first shower in our new walk-in shower, you asked. Come on now, you know I'm the "filthy-beast".

There should be a lottery Lee on how long those 30 bottles of wine will last. My vote is that none will make it into 2026. (Did I mean 2025? HMM)

Hope you enjoyed your chocolate cake, Mike. No calories if you eat it while standing up.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Well looky there...A picture of of our angel at church looking up as if saying, "Honest God, I've been good." :)

Nah, Dave I know better than to tell a lie like that in church! ;) I was looking up at the monitor at the back of the church to read the words of the hymn, it's hard enough to walk & sing at the same time, trying to sing from the hymn book too is a recipe for disaster

A’Burg Guy

Good morning…quickly. It seems to have stopped raining so I’ll try to get our early walk in. Even if it is a short one.
So much chat yesterday afternoon. That’s so nice to read.
Back later!
Be good my friends.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Monday Morning GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

It's a BRISK.......okay.....it's a COLD 47F here right now, but the SUN is shining. We had rain off and on through the night.
I SAW A
RAINBOW when I looked out the back doorwall this morning. The sun was reflecting as it came up and we got a nice long RAINBOW. Most rainbows around here are in the front of the house facing East.

Love the picture of our Choir Girl looking good.

DAVE: Hope the car gets fixed and it doesn't cost a fortune! Will be interesting to know what was causing the noise.
My guess for how long the WINE will last is based on the fact that they won't be taking it with them when they go on their Florida vacation. They might offer a glass of the good stuff to friends when they stop by. Hopefully, they know better than to give away bottles of their new 'grape juice'! So, with that said, my guess will be they'll be out by the
MIDDLE OF JUNE, 2025!

I just made a fresh pot of coffee called:
JAMAKINGMECRAZY! (Ja-Making-Me-Crazy.) Thought I would take it apart so you could understand how it was said. It's a nice fruity blend from the Coffee Roaster place up by Jill & Marks town. A nice change from the Costco brand we usually brew.

I'm out of here for now. You all have a good day. :clap002:

A’Burg Guy

OK, back for a quick visit.
The clouds have made way for bright sunshine. So nice after yesterday’s all day rain.
It’s an odd day here. This is Canadian Thanksgiving. Being a border town many cross border workers were up and out as usual. When we took Ava down to The River I was surprised to see the grocery was open, a couple of the independent coffee shops, the gas stations and of course Walmart. I guess with the blended ethnicities and beliefs Thanksgiving is no longer a holiday.
We have a coffee flavour here called ”Jamaican Me Crazy“ Kathie. It’s from Wolfgang Puck. I went to school with his brother “Hockey”. Yes, the wine is up off the floor. How long will it last? Only time will tell. Which happens to be another Buffett tune.
Thanks to you and Karen for sharing the photo. A nice look at our Karen and the interior of her church.
I remember being in the church choir when I was a wee lad Karen. We had to sing while walking up and down the aisle during the processional and recessional. Always a challenge for a group of people in their choir robes. Except for some of the older folks who knew every word to every hymn like they wrote them!
Your Arizona daughter never fails to impress with thoughtful, different gifts Dave. Seeing as it’s an SUV I’m still thinking suspension or, the less expensive alternative, an exhaust hanger or clamp.

Wine should be enjoyed the way you like it Mike. We have a friend who loves to chill their reds.
Well, it’s off to the treadmill for me.
You all have an absolutely fantastic Monday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
How many of you Wrabbits. GRIND YOUR OWN COFFEE BEANS??
Just wondering!
We have a small grinder we bought back in 2009 and took it with us when we would go to Florida for our Winter vacations. We have a small jar that has a rubber seal-clamp top and fill it up with ground coffee that lasts for up to 2-3 days. Then we grind again and refill.

I can just imagine how much rentals will be on Longboat Key and Anna Maria Island and some of the other areas that Hurricane Helene & Milton hit!
If the owners can even repair their low level condos they most likely will pass on the expenses to “renters”.

Time to think about going WEST for a Winter Break.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Mid-Term Usa GIF

Art & I went over to the Township offices to pay our WATER BILL and decided to

VOTE while we were there. Easy - Peesy! Now I don’t have to worry about getting SHOT while voting at our local precinct. :emoticon 0115 inlove:
I proudly now wear one of my Stickers!
IMG_1825.jpeg

Went to see Art’s Biker friend Rick. He is in the local hospital now trying to get his UTI under control.
While there the Nurse came in and pressed a few buttons on his bed and it told her Rick’s WEIGHT!! Amazing technology built into the bed. WOW.

Have a Polish dinner of Pierogis and sausage tonight. It goes with the rather chilly day!

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
It was raining a little t his morning but sunny now. I don't think it is going to get above the 50s.
I hope you have had or having a Happy Thanksgiving Lee.
Fay put our ballots in this AM so we are with you Dave,
K2, lee, talking about coffee, I just had a cup.
That was very sweet of your daughter Dave. I hope tyou enjoy your meal. I will have to remember about standing up while eating cake Dave. now I can have more than one piece.
It got up to 55, now it is 54.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good evening, this will be short as I went shopping in Gainesville, fl today with Barb picking up last minute Christmas gift's to take to Amanda's on Friday & I'm beat! I was supposed to go to an ECW(Episcopal Church Women) meeting tonight at 4 but didn't make it. I did tell them I probably would not & asked my friend Pamela to make sure they didn't "volentold" me for anything.

Dave, I wish I were half as creative as your daughter when it comes to unique gift giving! Finger's crossed for you the car is an easy/cheap fix.

Kathie, will keep Rick in my prayers, he can't seem to catch a break lately. They can also tell your blood pressure the same way they checked his weight.
I have a coffee grinder & will occasionally buy whole bean & grind them & I've also had the Ja makin me crazy coffee, good stuff!

Lee, Happy Thanksgiving, did you have a turkey sandwich in honor of the day? I'm another odd ball wine drinker, there is only 1 red that I am particularly fond of & I only like it chilled.

Mike, we had a cool start to the morning here too, I think it was 65, it warmed up quite a bit more by the afternoon though. Hoping the cooler night temps last for a while longer.

52 years ago tonight 2 crazy kids decided to get "hitched" & now I think I hear a glass of wine calling my name!

Attachments

• Wedding.jpg
    Wedding.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 7

A’Burg Guy

Thank you all for the Thanksgiving wishes. Does turkey chilli count? Our best Thanksgiving ever was spent in the shore of Hanauma Bay in October of 2010 with friends. Yes, we really enjoyed our turkey sandwiches that day!
What an adorable picture from 52 years ago Karen. WOW, you were just two kids! Hopefully you have everything you need for your upcoming trip this weekend!
It only got up to 55F here today Mike. Cool and overcast most of the day.
We used to grind our own beans but as we changed how much coffee we brewed and drank we started to rely on lazy man’s single serve coffee Kathie. . K-Cups, Nespresso and Flavia packets.
Hospital beds are like high tech rocket ships these days Kathie. There are so many sensors and hook ups built in they can monitor everything from the nurses station if they need to.
About wine…a wise old Italian vintner once told us that the best way to enjoy wine is the way you like it.
Have a good evening all.

Mike Elias

Firefighting Team Leader
A great picture Karen. Fay also had very long hair when she was much younger. Enjoy your glass of wine. I also hope you got everything you need for your trip.
Lee, I also use the single cup. Fay doen't drink coffee and I only drink one cup a day now. I hope the temps will be higher the next few days. We may get close to freezing in a couple of days.

A’Burg Guy

Hmmm. Where’s Dave? Hope he’s just having a bit of a sleep in after celebrating his birthday!
As you mention cooler temps Mike it’s 39F here this morning but feels like 36F with the wind chill. Ava and I were both bundled up on our walk.
I’ll be back later to check on everyone.
In the meanwhile, you all have a top notch Tuesday!