What's the weather like today where you live??

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
Mary Ann,

That must have been a very bad storm! I hope you stayed inside!
Lets hope for better weather the coming days.

Here we have had freezing 64F with some rain showers today. Brrrr...

Yes, for a lot of people buying tax free liquor is the main reason for a trip by ferry between Sweden and Finland.
For me it's more the food, views, to ralax for a couple of hours onboard and to have a nice day in Helsinki that makes me continue with these ferry cruises. Of course, buying a tax-free bottle of single malt whiskey is a bonus! :dance:

/Erik

Keith & Rita

3rd Officer
Well, it did not rain as predicted. Back to hot and humid. Maybe rain on Saturday?

popcorn

Staff Captain
A nice cloudy cool day here in the Fraser Valley of BC. It should help with the forest fires.

Liz

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Erik (and all),

It's 104F (40C) and sunny as I write. I'll be happy to exchange our 104F for your 64F. I prefer the cooler weather.

Yes, it was a very bad storm. I had to take Pucci outdoors once towards the beginning, and almost got blown over by a heavy wind gust. Being an intelligent dog, he didn't want to go out again until the worst of the storm had passed!

Are you permitted to bring home a bottle of duty-free liquor?

Mary Ann

Funnel

Today we had 72F and it was mostly sunny. Still high humidity, but no problem as the temperture is that low.

Are you permitted to bring home a bottle of duty-free liquor?

Mary Ann

Mary Ann,

We can take in 1 litre (about 33 Oz I think?) of liquor (over 22%) and 2 litres of wine. Not much, but for me it's more than enough especially as I am going to Finland by ferries a couple of times per year. I'm in no way a heavy drinker, but like a drink or two sometimes. :whistle:

How much duty-free liquor can you bring in to the US? Is it different between the states?

/Erik

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
101F (38,3C) at 7:15pm in Scottsdale with clear skies.

Erik,

In response to your question about how much duty free liquor we can bring into the U.S., I drink very little, normally only on cruises...so I asked a friend who works for our CBP (Customs & Border Protection - "Customs" name keeps changing!).

If you are 21, and are bringing it in for your own use or a gift, and it is not in violation of State Law where you live.....you may bring in one Liter 33.8 FL OZ of liquor duty free per person.

Of course, there are exceptions to this general statement. :whistle:

I know many who have chanced walking off a ship and through Customs with more than this, but many bottles are confiscated at the airports when people forget the limits for carrying liquids through Security.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann,

We can take in 1 litre (about 33 Oz I think?) of liquor (over 22%) and 2 litres of wine. Not much, but for me it's more than enough especially as I am going to Finland by ferries a couple of times per year. I'm in no way a heavy drinker, but like a drink or two sometimes. :whistle:

How much duty-free liquor can you bring in to the US? Is it different between the states?

/Erik

Mbandy

Staff Captain
Supposed to make it to 106 today which is about 5 degrees higher than normal for this time of year. Our humidity has gotten back to reasonable for the desert. About 17 - 20% today with lots of sunshine.

popcorn

Staff Captain
Perfect! A little breeze blowing, sunshine & dry again. 'They' are predicting rain tonite & heating up again next week.

Liz from the Fraser Valley of BC.

kpopperwell

1st Officer - Navigation
Community Sponsor
upper 90s with a breeze, little or no humidity.

Funnel

Today I made a trip to Stockholm and there we had all sorts of weather, sunshine, gray and some rain. Rather windy and 75F.

101F (38,3C) at 7:15pm in Scottsdale with clear skies.

Erik,

In response to your question about how much duty free liquor we can bring into the U.S., I drink very little, normally only on cruises...so I asked a friend who works for our CBP (Customs & Border Protection - "Customs" name keeps changing!).

If you are 21, and are bringing it in for your own use or a gift, and it is not in violation of State Law where you live.....you may bring in one Liter 33.8 FL OZ of liquor duty free per person.

Of course, there are exceptions to this general statement. :whistle:

I know many who have chanced walking off a ship and through Customs with more than this, but many bottles are confiscated at the airports when people forget the limits for carrying liquids through Security.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann,

About the same limit as here then.
I forgot one important limit though, 16 litres (540 FL OZ) of beer. I normally don't carry that heavy load off the ship and 16 litres of beer would take me forever to consume. It's usually standard type of beers that can be bought onboard the ferries (rather uninspiring sorts). A lot of the passangers will use specially made beer carts (with wheels) to bring their beer ashore. Looks funny and heavy! :biggrin:

/Erik

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
It reached 104F (40C) in Phoenix today, and it's still 101F (38,3C) at 6:00pm with the possibility of severe thunderstorms later on.

Erik,

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Stockholm today.

Mary Ann