Check out this Deluxe Nordic Balcony (DN3) stateroom #3700 aboard Viking’s first expedition ship, Viking Octantis. This cabin is located in a great location, that is conveniently located near The Shelter and bow of the ship. The nearby elevator makes it convenient when going to The Hide, The Explorers lounge, and the Library. Viking Octantis is the first expedition ship by Viking. She is now accompanied by an identical sister ship, Viking Polaris. Both ships now take guests to places once seen by only a few. These include Antarctica, The Great Lakes & Canada, and Grand Journeys.
Viking’s first expedition ship offers a unique combination of luxury and adventure all-in-one beautiful and comfortable ship. Viking Octantis has a total guest capacity of 378 and 261 total crew members. The ship is 30,150 gross tons, 77 feet wide and 665 feet long. Viking Octantis is also a 100% polar class ship that allows safe travel to Antarctica and the Artic. The ship also offers some of the highest space-to-guest ratios, being one of the most spacious expedition ships afloat. To sum this up, this ship is very comfortable and combines amenities guests have enjoyed on the Ocean and River ship’s into this amazing expedition vessel.
Deluxe Balcony Stateroom (DN3) Stats
We enjoyed this stateroom very much. It had plenty of storage for our clothes as well as other gear. Luggage was comfortably stowed under the bed when not being used. It also has plenty of power and USB outlets.
The Nordic Balcony had easy use controls that allowed me to hear the ocean waves and get fresh air at the touch of a button. It also has a screen that can block out any sun or allow for extra privacy. The included desk provided the perfect space for my laptop and other gear during the cruise. This space was a joy to sit in a enjoy room service breakfast as we sailed into port in the morning and watched as the sun rose.
The bathroom had a thoughtful design and featured a spacious enclosed glass shower with a door. It featured a heated floor, ant-fog mirrors, and the popular Freya toiletries.
The stateroom also came with two self-inflatable life vests, a drying closet, and a pair of Meopta Optika MeoPro 8×42 binoculars. I was also impressed by the stocked mini-bar and personal coffee machine with a great selection of coffee and teas.
- Stateroom size: 215 sq ft (includes Nordic balcony)
- Ocean-view stateroom with private Nordic Balcony: floor-to-ceiling distortion-free glass at your ship’s edge, for optimal cozy viewing. Or lower the top panoramic glass for a sheltered, al fresco lookout.
- 11 AM Embarkation
- 2 PM stateroom access
- Expedition activity reservations 47 days prior to departure
- 1 guaranteed priority reservation at each alternative restaurant 60 days prior to departure
- Priority spa treatment bookings 60 days prior to departure
- King-size Viking Explorer Bed (optional twin-bed configuration) with luxury linens & pillows
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- 55″ OLED flat-screen TV featuring CNN, CBC, MBC2, beIN Sports
- 110/220 volt outlets & USB ports
- Large private bathroom with spacious glass-enclosed shower, heated floor, anti-fog mirror & hair dryer
- Premium Freyja® toiletries
- Plush robes & slippers
- Direct-dial satellite phone & cell service
- Security safe
- Individual climate control
- Purified water refilled daily
- Mini-bar with soft drinks, water & snacks (replenished once daily)
- Traditional Norwegian Marius-weave blanket
- Personal coffee machine with premium coffee & tea selections
- Stateroom steward & twice-daily housekeeping
- 24-hour room service
- Floor-to-ceiling drying closet
- Spacious drawers & closet with wooden hangers
- Under-bed suitcase storage space
- Keepsake Viking expedition jacket (on polar itineraries)
- All Viking excursion gear needed for any relevant excursions